PDA

View Full Version : Human Fortetecher

petruseden
Dec 29, 2006, 03:02 PM
Is anyone else doing this?

I know newmans are the favored race of this job-type, and the get the special bonuses; However i didnt want to run around as a newman boy (i couldnt make him look cool, just, girly.) Nor did i want to get broken in half by mobs once i was able to go Fortetecher, the extra Hitpoints have helped.

Now dont get me wrong, Newman are awesome! I see Newman out blasting me everyday by a decent margin, I think that great, but I wanted to be human instead. SO there, im done defending my race choice. *laugh* Now for my question.

Are there any other Human FT out there that can give me a few suggestions or ideas about how things are playing out for them so far? Im nearing FO 10 soon and have almost all my available spells level 11 or above. I just want to know if all the time and effort i put in are going to be for naught. I dont know why I am having second guesses, and I LOVE being a force.

Perhaps I am seeking some sort of positive affirmation that what I am doing is "acceptable". And you guys seem nicer than other boards, so even if you flame me, it wont be that bad in my humble opinion.

Anyway enough of my babbling .. your opinions, if you may...

VanHalen
Dec 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
i say go for it im going fortefighter with my newman anyway. but for you, you'll have the 2nd highest TP power and more defense than newmans so you'll be just fine

-Shimarisu-
Dec 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
Meh, with a good wand on both the difference between human and newman is so negligible it's worth doing. It's not like PSO where your weapon only added like 150 MST if you were lucky, and different races got bonuses.

A FOnewerl did way more tech damage than a fomar, but a PSU newman will NOT do way more tech damage than a PSU human.

JAFO22000
Dec 29, 2006, 03:16 PM
Do what you like. If people don't find it "acceptable", play with different people...

VanHalen
Dec 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
yeah i play with alot of people who accept my newman hunter and i only do a little tiny bit under a beast at my level with no units attached

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
Meh, with a good wand on both the difference between human and newman is so negligible it's worth doing.

Fotetechers use rods, I would think, but yeah...

The only thing I can say about Human Fortetechers is that you are gaining 40 HP, and 3 DFP, and Losing well over 200 TAP and over 150 MST.

Dunno - seems like a bad trade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2006-12-29 12:24 ]</font>

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 03:24 PM
I've been playing a Human Fortetecher since the last update. Personally, I find them to be adequate for the job. You won't do as much damage as a Newman, but the difference really isn't that large. The biggest thing you have to watch out for is the drastic reduction in HP and TP after you switch from Force to Fortetecher (this goes Humans and Newmans). Several enemies will be able to one-hit-kill you.

pso123hrf
Dec 29, 2006, 03:25 PM
It's your own choice. If u want to make 1, thats up to u...jeeze people learn to do things yourself.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:25 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:24, Ryna wrote:
I've been playing a Human Fortetecher since the last update. Personally, I find them to be adequate for the job. You won't do as much damage as a Newman, but the difference really isn't that large. The biggest thing you have to watch out for is the drastic reduction in HP and TP after you switch from Force to Fortetecher (this goes Humans and Newmans). Several enemies will be able to one-hit-kill you.

Ryna, will you be playing as a wartecher at all to offset this?

Careful
Dec 29, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'm going to make a female newman fortefighter

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 03:30 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:23, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Meh, with a good wand on both the difference between human and newman is so negligible it's worth doing.

Fotetechers use rods, I would think, but yeah...

Newman Fortetchers use Wands. Fast Cast, impossibly high base TP, and 500+ TP from a Wand and we just mow stuff down. But yeah, Humans can do it too. There is only a difference of 75 TP between the 8* Rod and 8* Wand. Grab Lidras and be done with it. :3

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2006-12-29 12:24, Ryna wrote:

Ryna, will you be playing as a wartecher at all to offset this?

I considered being a Wartecher, but I found their melee options to be very limited. So, I decided to go with a Fortetecher. The lack of HP and DFP can be problematic sometimes, but I haven't found it to be too troublesome. You just have to keep a closer-eye on the battle situation and position yourself appropriately.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 03:47 PM
Newman Fortetchers use Wands. Fast Cast, impossibly high base TP, and 500+ TP from a Wand and we just mow stuff down. But yeah, Humans can do it too. There is only a difference of 75 TP between the 8* Rod and 8* Wand. Grab Lidras and be done with it. :3

75 TP...and oh yeah, +8% elemental damage on top of that (rods can hold 4 techs)

Is wand cast time really that much quicker ? (I'm asking honestly, I really don't know)

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 03:52 PM
On 2006-12-29 12:47, SolomonGrundy wrote:

75 TP...and oh yeah, +8% elemental damage on top of that (rods can hold 4 techs)

Is wand cast time really that much quicker ? (I'm asking honestly, I really don't know)

Well when we get our 4th spell for the element line we'll talk, until then, 4% with Fast Cast vs 8% on a Rod at the present time isn't that big a deal. I have my doubts it'll be much of a difference when we get them anyway. Just pop a Retaride with a Wand and go to work.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 29, 2006, 04:01 PM
Having to bind 4 of the same tech to one rod would kinda negate the point of a rod, which to me is having a lot of slots for DIFFERENT techs. This brings me to why rods suck, because to make them as good as wands you have to cripple their functionality until they require switching weapons just like wands do.

HatMaster
Dec 29, 2006, 04:06 PM
Honestly, the difference between rods and wands is so small you might as well just play as you want. I use rods, and switch between keeping them element based or swiss-army knife'd depending on my mood and what mission I'm doing.

CelestialBlade
Dec 29, 2006, 04:06 PM
Humans are like the second best Force-types, from what I understand. Hardly a bad choice.

JAFO22000
Dec 29, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Having to bind 4 of the same tech to one rod would kinda negate the point of a rod, which to me is having a lot of slots for DIFFERENT techs. This brings me to why rods suck, because to make them as good as wands you have to cripple their functionality until they require switching weapons just like wands do.

?????

...to make them as good as wands?? The only thing wands have over rods is casting speed.

You have to switch wands WAY more than rods, if configured correctly. I switch rods to coincide with the current mob being faced...

Example: Mob of Ageetas?? Switch to Foie rod (Foie, Rafoie, Gifoie). Hit them with Rafoie until they surround you then Gifoie them. Finish off any stragglers with Foie.

Also, I only need four rods, as there are no missions that have more than four different element types of creatures (correct me if I'm wrong).

Not trying to start a fight. I know there are wand people and there are rod people and there are advantages to both.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 29, 2006, 04:11 PM
Rods suck.

Careful
Dec 29, 2006, 04:13 PM
Wands and rods and bows and cards suck.

I use sabers and guns on my fortetecher.

PJ
Dec 29, 2006, 04:36 PM
Wands suck.

DarkSeph
Dec 29, 2006, 04:41 PM
I Myself am a Level 47 Human Female Fortetecher....I started out 3 levels as a Hunter and grew tired of using mates so did the switch, and while my goal was to be a Wartecher I too found the melee to be limited so I decided to stick with my spells.....very glad I did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Love those level 30 techs! Anytime you can do over 1000+ at times with critical and on average around 700+ per hit....dang! Not to mention people love ya for your healing abilities http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Shimarisu-
Dec 29, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:36, PJ wrote:
Wands suck.

Rods suck, if you are good enough to use wands.

If you are not good enough to use wands, you are either the type of person who admits it or the type that makes posts like "wands suck".

Ryna
Dec 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:50, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2006-12-29 13:36, PJ wrote:
Wands suck.

Rods suck, if you are good enough to use wands.

If you are not good enough to use wands, you are either the type of person who admits it or the type that makes posts like "wands suck".

Let's keep the discussion limited to Fortetechers. If you want to debate the pros and cons of different weapon types, create a new thread.

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-12-29 13:13, Careful wrote:
Wands and rods and bows and cards suck.

I use sabers and guns on my fortetecher.

Then chances of you trying to save your life without mates are slim my brother.

Rods are very good.

I don't think fortetchers are my thing anyways.

-Dainslef-
Dec 29, 2006, 06:45 PM
Humans aren't idea Fortetechers, but they're not at all bad ones, either. Don't worry about it.

Just don't try being a beast/cast fortetecher.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2006, 08:26 PM
i've seen human fortefighters and fortegunners, so I don't see why you can't be a human fortetecher since humans perform equally good in all 3 of these classes.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 08:50 PM
Human Forte fighter make even less sense...what a waste of good TAP/EVP

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MomoHana
Dec 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
I'm a Female Human FT :3

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:14, MomoHana wrote:
I'm a Female Human FT :3

vive la difference?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VanHalen
Dec 29, 2006, 10:29 PM
On 2006-12-29 17:50, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Human Forte fighter make even less sense...what a waste of good TAP/EVP

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

im soon to be a newman fortefighter

MegaBUD
Dec 29, 2006, 10:45 PM
Theres no pvp.. so make what u want... my brother got a fortetecher cast... i got a newman female wartecher...

your not really at + or - 50dmg

human male look better than newman male

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2006, 11:50 PM
^
true. I played as a newman hunter first hand and he wasn't so bad, he kicked total ass and in fact, I liked playing as him as a hunter WAY more than I did playing as him as a force, and I kind of regret not trying to make him a fortefighter, but that takes alot of time, but this is the bias from someone who is purely a hunter at heart. as for a human fortefighter making less sense than a human fortetecher, thats not true, humans are averaged out at everything, they are no better at being forces than they are at being hunters, nor are they any worse at being forces, its just that hunters have a better competition.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-12-29 20:54 ]</font>

onami
Dec 30, 2006, 12:09 AM
I'm a Female Human Fortetecher.. ya, I kinda wish I had the MST and TP bonuses of the Newmans.. but then again, I'd have to have those ugly looking ears.. and I just can't do it. I'm having a blast though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VanHalen
Dec 30, 2006, 04:50 AM
are ears arent ugly

-Shimarisu-
Dec 30, 2006, 05:22 AM
Yes they our.

Alisha
Dec 30, 2006, 05:26 AM
On 2006-12-30 02:22, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Yes they our.

i agree funny thing is i play a beast and thier ears arent much better. at least you can hide the downturned ears pretty easily though.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
I see nothing wrong with using a Human fortetecher. They are still good for that class. Don't worry, other than TP, your not missing out on much by not using a newman. Trust me, we're not that great. Other than being a force, newman are low-tier as far as I'm conserned, to beasts and casts in other classes. They are dissappointing in PSU. You want a human FT, then go for it. Nova(my human servant) is going to be a fortegunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-12-30 06:41 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 30, 2006, 09:43 AM
pssh, everyone knows that newmans have the best ears of the 4 races.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 30, 2006, 09:58 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
oh man, thats a very hilarious pic dude.

1337Beeb
Dec 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
I just made it :3

Nayte
Dec 30, 2006, 10:03 AM
1st time ive actually laughed at a pic on these boards

petruseden
Dec 30, 2006, 01:26 PM
LOL thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement (dispite a few speedbumps lol) I shall continue on my path with newfound resolve. This truely is a special community to be a part of. Here is to hoping to meet some of you in the future!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

-Shimarisu-
Dec 30, 2006, 11:18 PM
If you are going to be a human, you should TECHNICALLY be a hybrid.

However, if you are going to be pure, humans are best at Fortetecher. Compare.

Fortefighter: They have the THIRD worst ATP of the races. It's far behind beast and not much better than newman.

Fortegunner: They have the THIRD worst ATA, coupled with the THIRD worst ATP. It makes them substandard at best.

Fortetecher: They have the second best TP, it is leagues ahead of beast and cast and not MUCH worse than newman.

So yeah, of the forte classes they are best at fortetecher. Personally I'd question more why people would go fortefighter. They are lower than average at both pure hunter and ranger classes, and better than average, in fact MUCH better at pure force than half the races.

Of the classes they are good at, I'd say wartecher, guntecher and fortetecher are the best options for a human. Protranser if you absolutely MUST.