PDA

View Full Version : Kubara weapons?

Ryoga4523
Dec 29, 2006, 06:28 PM
I have searched around these forums and I have asked on PSU, do you find kubara boards and weapons, or do you substitute kubara wood for the ash and ebons? can someone please help me out, I have 40 kubara woods, and yet have nothing to use them on.

DizzyDi
Dec 29, 2006, 06:30 PM
Its both.
Certain weapons are kubara only. Such as the florescent bulb, and the harisan fan.
But for certain boards from the 3 main manufacturers, you can substitute the normal wood for kubara wood and get a better weapon at a much lower synth chance.

Ryoga4523
Dec 29, 2006, 06:40 PM
how do you substitute the woods?

Schubalts
Dec 29, 2006, 06:44 PM
When you try to synth the weapon, instead of just automatically picking a wood-type, you'll be given the option to use your kubara wood instead.

Ryoga4523
Dec 29, 2006, 07:00 PM
my brother synthed the assassin and it did not give him the option . Did he do something wrong?

WrathOfMegid
Dec 29, 2006, 07:25 PM
Probably not, there has to be a ???? symbol in the wood slot. Otherwise, the weapon will synth as-is. At least, I believe that is how it works. Any confirmation?

Ryoga4523
Dec 29, 2006, 07:28 PM
Hmmm. Ok I will try it in a little. but confirmation would be awesome

Kirip-san
Dec 29, 2006, 07:34 PM
Assassic
Notes: Made from substituting Kubara Wood in the [B] Burst board, although the success rate is much lower.

It has to be certain boards, it's not always similar boards~nyo.

Ryoga4523
Dec 29, 2006, 07:41 PM
Oh... ok. thanks a lot. So I use the Burst board to make the Assassic. thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Turambar
Dec 29, 2006, 10:41 PM
As far as I can tell, as of now, onl 6* and 8* boards of the 3 weapons manufacturers can be used to synth Kubara weapons.

Sitka
Dec 29, 2006, 10:55 PM
Note on Kubara weapons:

Their synth rate of success is lower, so be prepared to be dissappointed when you get a monomate instead of your desired weapon. It will happen a lot.

Also, Kubara weapons start out pretty crappy when compared to the weapon you would have gotten if you had used Par, Mot or Neu Ebon. They only get better after you have grinded them, usually several times. This is where the additional frustration kicks in as weapon after weapon breaks when you try to grind them up.

The one weapon that seems to be worth all the frustration thus far has been the Alteric Bow. It gets very powerful when grinded, it's not as expensive to make as some of the other Kubara elitish weapons (relative to board cost + synth materials) and they sell like hotcakes when you put them in your shop. I sell them as fast as I synth them.

So, good luck with your Kubara efforts.

roygbiv
Dec 29, 2006, 11:12 PM
oh also it might not make any sense at all to make higher level kubara weapons... (i.e. S rank) considering that Alteric is short <10 ATP vs. the 8* equivilant kubara bow (both at +10)
The only difference being ATA.

Oh and they look kind of dumb in my opinion.

imfanboy
Dec 29, 2006, 11:36 PM
yeah, and the higher level kubara weapons are MUCH more expensive.

Personally, I DO like my Arb Hadocs (got one pair to 10 yesterday, thanks to a friend giving me 4 B+10 grinders) and they are stronger than 9* twin handguns, but overall the Rifles and the Alteric Kubara weapons seem to be the best gain/risk ratio. An Alteric at 10 has 667 ATP - a Rifloc has 600 and 1500 PP.

Tonnio
Dec 30, 2006, 12:05 AM
Please can any one tell me where to find kubara wood? I really need it to sync. some weapons! Please e-mail me at [email protected]

Sitka
Dec 30, 2006, 12:14 AM
Kubara woood is pretty much everywhere in every difficulty.

You must be playing offline mode.

roygbiv
Dec 30, 2006, 01:23 AM
yeah... if you are having trouble finding kubara wood... uh... offline i think you can only find it if you do like the parum relics extra mode mission or something...

Hrith
Dec 30, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-12-29 20:36, imfanboy wrote:
Personally, I DO like my Arb Hadocs (got one pair to 10 yesterday, thanks to a friend giving me 4 B+10 grinders) and they are stronger than 9* twin handgunsBut those 9-star twin handguns are at +0.

I use Twin Handguc +9 because B+10 grinders are too expensive, and because I failed Arb Hadoc twice (and twice at +6 >_>), but mainly because they look awesome, lol.

Give me the stats of your +10 Arb Hadoc, please.

I also bought a Shigga Bomac because it was cheap, it has very good PP for a shotgun, and ATP doesn't matter much on them.

etlitch
Dec 30, 2006, 10:11 AM
Kubara: random stuff, or stuff you replace wood in during synth.

It can be found in raffon relics (parum) on offline.

The random stuff grinds bad.
The replace wood during synth stuff grinds good.

Can currently only replace wood in 6* or 8* ranged weapons on online mode.

Zalana
Dec 30, 2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah me and a few others sell Alteric +10s very well. =)