PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 questions on this game.

Xeropace
Dec 29, 2006, 06:31 PM
How's the community and amount of players? Are their a lot?
Is there any form of story, if no how are the missions done?
I heard weapons are no longer rare drops, but instead the rare materials to synthesise it are, I also heard that any monster can drop any material?
Is voice chat possible, if yes, when and where can it be done? I'm going to guess with the people only in your party?
Does your PM have a level cap like the mags did in PSO (200)?
What are luck levels?
How hard is it to obtain meseta?

Oh what is there to do online also? Me and a few RL friends are planning to get it online. Will it be fun and I've been told to stay away from randoms, and instead try to find a group of trusted players to stick with?

I'm from the UK also. What servers do I get put on? Sorry for all the questions, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Xeropace
Dec 29, 2006, 06:49 PM
Oh also, I see how Xbox 360 gets these frequent updates and such. What about PC and PS2? Do they not get this extra content?

NeoDude0
Dec 29, 2006, 07:08 PM
All versions would appear to be updates at the same time... at least from my knowledge. On the rest:

There are quite a few players - enough to fill one to two Universes (servers) depending on the time. Offline, there is a complete story; in Network Mode you play missions with other GUARDIANS members to clear SEED infection.

Some weapons still drop, but it's mostly materials. Some areas have unique materials, and some monsters drop special materials (Rappy Feathers, for example), but common materials can drop from most monsters.

Voice is limited to your party.

The Parther Machinery seems to cap at 100, but there's another stat to raise after that, so I dunno.

Luck is random, and is based on your race and gender. That nice table at the forum index is updated daily. Luck appears to affect grinding, drops, and some other stuff.

Meseta drops in generally small gobs, and it's an achievement to buy something expensive. Once you can open a shop, the money may flow in a bit faster.

As for online, there are several missions available on the three planets of the system, as well as on the colony you live on. You can decorate your room, synth items/weapons/armor, and chat with the other players that are about. I haven't ever had a problem with just jumping into rooms, although I do hear stuff on occasion.

No idea on UK's servers, sorry.

Xeropace
Dec 29, 2006, 07:23 PM
Much appreciated NeoDude!

Another question on PM. In PSO the level cap was 200, so you could have like, 150 POW and 50 DEF. Is that the same as PM in the way that, you can have any combination of Strike, Ranged, Tech and Armor levels as long as it adds up to 100?
Also what level does it become something that fights with you? I don't own this game yet, but I plan to soon.

If anyone else can help about the UK servers? Are there EU only servers, or I will be put on the US ones?

Edit: By level cap mentioned above, I meant MAG levelcap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeropace on 2006-12-29 16:28 ]</font>

NeoDude0
Dec 29, 2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I remember MAG levels. Yes, it's the four attributes combined to hit 100. As an example, my PM just hit level 20 (16 striking, 4 TECHNIC, 0 everything else) for its first evolution. When it reaches level 80 is when it evolves the last time (or so I've heard) and will give you its partner card to call into battle.

[EDIT] Level fixed. Thanks, MayLee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoDude0 on 2006-12-29 17:05 ]</font>

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 07:53 PM
It's last evolution is level 80

Xeropace
Dec 29, 2006, 07:58 PM
Thank you that's all but one thing answered now.

So can anyone sum up what happens if I sign up from the UK? EU Servers? America Servers?

SilentChasm
Dec 29, 2006, 10:01 PM
The Servers on the 360 version are all the same. Anyone can play with anyone from any region.