PDA

View Full Version : Best Version of PSU???

Zantra
Dec 29, 2006, 07:45 PM
In your opinion, which version of PSU is the best?

PS2, PC, or XBOX360?

Which version has the most people playing it online?

I own the PS2 version, and I got the PC version also. But, I had to return it. When I discovered, that it didn't work with my Laptop's graphics card.

And, have people been able to go online on PSU for PS2 using the PS3? Does the PS3 make PSU look any better? (Like the XBOX360 does for certain Xbox games)

Wow, that's a lot of questions... hope you guys can answer them all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JaiBlue
Dec 29, 2006, 08:00 PM
Answer this question: Do you honestly think we are going to continue another one of these idiotic topics.

DizzyDi
Dec 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
PC, even though I'm on PS2.
PC is where its at hands down.

Yoiyami
Dec 29, 2006, 08:05 PM
On 2006-12-29 17:00, JaiBlue wrote:
Answer this question: Do you honestly think we are going to continue another one of these idiotic topics.

Of course. Bored people will do anything to occupy themselves.

Right now, the 360 version has the most players.

I don't own a PS3 and probably never will unless there's a huge pricedrop, but I think you can play PSU on it and the graphics will look slighty smoother.

As for "which is better"... The version that you have the most friends on is always the better pick. *shrug*

omegapirate2k
Dec 29, 2006, 08:05 PM
Wait for the flame war, I entreat ye.

Seraphimon
Dec 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
i play on ps2. but i choose PC. and any person that aint a newbish 360 or PS fanboy knows that PC is far superior to both consols.

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
*grabs a bag of popcorn and a large drink of coke and waits for the flames to ensue* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seraphimon
Dec 29, 2006, 09:21 PM
lol i bet im the one to get flamed. HAha. there are to many 360 fan boys around.

Ronzeru
Dec 29, 2006, 09:21 PM
Alright someone's bound to say it and i'm bored at work. So i'll kick things off as far as flaimin's concerned. Actually, normally I talk really formal about things like this, but I want FLAMES!!!!

PS2 and PC VERSIONS SUCK! DUP DUP DUPPED MESETA! I warned a lot of people that it was gonna happen on those versions but they didn't listen. That and all the other shit that's going on in those versions. Plus 360 is also better because you don't need vent and teamspeak to talk with each other. You can talk asap without having to get each others server info just to chat over the game.

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 09:44 PM
Another what I like to call a "claim and flame" thread. <_< Does it matter what's the best? Does it matter what people's opinions are? Is there any point to this thread?The answer's the same to all of them. No.

Next.

Ronzeru
Dec 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:44, Kismet wrote:
Another what I like to call a "claim and flame" thread. <_< Does it matter what's the best? Does it matter what people's opinions are? Is there any point to this thread?The answer's the same to all of them. No.

Next.

It does matter what's the best, because we as the people wish for the best, not second best.

It always matters what peoples opinions are, because the moment you stop listening in life, is the moment you stop learning.

There is a point to this thread. The point is to extract the opinions from feollow players.

Now gowai.

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:45, Ronzeru wrote:

On 2006-12-29 18:44, Kismet wrote:

Next.

It does matter what's the best, because we as the people wish for the best, not second best.

It always matters what peoples opinions are, because the moment you stop listening in life, is the moment you stop learning.

There is a point to this thread. The point is to extract the opinions from feollow players.

Now gowai.

We probably should change 'the point' of this thread to enhancing somebody's spelling. =_=;

BloodDragoon
Dec 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:21, Ronzeru wrote:
Alright someone's bound to say it and i'm bored at work. So i'll kick things off as far as flaimin's concerned. Actually, normally I talk really formal about things like this, but I want FLAMES!!!!

PS2 and PC VERSIONS SUCK! DUP DUP DUPPED MESETA! I warned a lot of people that it was gonna happen on those versions but they didn't listen. That and all the other shit that's going on in those versions. Plus 360 is also better because you don't need vent and teamspeak to talk with each other. You can talk asap without having to get each others server info just to chat over the game.

Anyone with functioning braincells should have known there would be some level of cheating on the PC/PS2 servers.

IMO voice chat is overrated. I'd rather not listen to high pitched teenagers screaming in my ear about the rare item they found.

Factors that I feel are note worthy.

360:
Better server security than other platforms.
Currently has the most active users.

PC:
Best graphical potential provided you have a good system.
Ability to take screenshots.
Multitasking
Multiple options for command input methods allow for more comfortable control setups.

PS2:
In general lowest monitary investment to play the game.
Can bug PC players to take screenshots of their characters and items. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

However I fear this topic will degrade into flamebait to an eventual flame war. Maybe locking it now before it gets started would be a good idea.

Ronzeru
Dec 29, 2006, 09:51 PM
To BloodDragoon: Most gamers on the 360 i've encountered are 20+ in their age range. That's the age most gamers are these days, because we've all grown up with videogames. That and lil kids can't afford it, and their parents usually won't pay the extra fee just so they can play another videogame, when their already paying for t heir xbox live accounts.

To Kismet: We should change "the point" of this thread to my dick in a box. Wanna open it?

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
*chucks self off a cliff*

I just know this isn't going to end pretty. >.<

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
This thread is pretty much dead now, there's no saving it D=

NEXT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kirip-san
Dec 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:52, MayLee wrote:

You mean your fall~nyo? >_>

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:53, Kirip-san wrote:

LEMMINGS~nyo! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 09:54 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:51, Ronzeru wrote:
To BloodDragoon: Most gamers on the 360 i've encountered are 20+ in their age range. That's the age most gamers are these days, because we've all grown up with videogames. That and lil kids can't afford it, and their parents usually won't pay the extra fee just so they can play another videogame, when their already paying for t heir xbox live accounts.

To Kismet: We should change "the point" of this thread to my dick in a box. Wanna open it?

Saturday Night Live and Andy Sandburg work hard to think up their jokes. How about doing the same and getting some of your own? Preferrably not overused and/or over-rated ones.

Or bad ones, for that matter. L_L

Kismet
Dec 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:53, SereneShadows wrote:
This thread is pretty much dead now, there's no saving it D=

NEXT. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hey, that's copyrighted! XD You can't just go using that... <_< >_> =D

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-12-29 18:53, Kirip-san wrote:

No, the thread...then again I know my fall wont end pretty either. O_O

Ronzeru
Dec 29, 2006, 09:57 PM
NOOooOO~!~! *Dives off the cliff to save MayLee, and bunjees back up to the top setting her back there?*

MayLee
Dec 29, 2006, 10:00 PM
Yay! My hero! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sekani
Dec 29, 2006, 11:15 PM
360 sucks, PS2 4 lyfe yo

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 11:16 PM
The best version is PC. Why? Because all my friends are connected to me through this copy; whether they are on the PS2 or PC. I don't have any friends who play the 360 version so I don't care for it.

Nukei
Dec 29, 2006, 11:22 PM
PC FTW! We will message our friends on AIM and MSN while playing PSU! Firefox forever! lol..Just a small burst of energy before I got to bed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif <3 Bai Plushies.

EJ
Dec 29, 2006, 11:28 PM
This thread will not end well but I choose PC why because that is where I have friends at duh?!

If I had friends on the 360 you think I be playing PC?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 29, 2006, 11:42 PM
On 2006-12-29 20:22, Nukei wrote:
PC FTW! We will message our friends on AIM and MSN while playing PSU! Firefox forever! lol..Just a small burst of energy before I got to bed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif <3 Bai Plushies.

Exactly. Ventrillo, AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, PSU, Firefox, Winamp, etc, etc.

Jools
Dec 30, 2006, 05:39 AM
PC JP version. Best version with no duped meseta. Just wish I had a PC!

-Jools

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 08:56 AM
On 2006-12-29 19:00, MayLee wrote:
Yay! My hero! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

::Pushes MayLee off the cliff again::

Oops, my bad yo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

On 2006-12-29 20:42, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-12-29 20:22, Nukei wrote:

Exactly. Ventrillo, AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, PSU, Firefox, Winamp, etc, etc.

My PC is right next to my 360 monitor so I get the best of both worlds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nayte
Dec 30, 2006, 09:39 AM
Im curious as to how some people are saying the xbox360 version has more players. Can i get some proof on that?

Oh and its obvious PC version is the worst because of all the hacks and dupes etc. /sigh

uhawww
Dec 30, 2006, 12:35 PM
PC...if it had widescreen support...

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 12:36 PM
On 2006-12-30 06:39, Nayte wrote:
Im curious as to how some people are saying the xbox360 version has more players. Can i get some proof on that?

Oh and its obvious PC version is the worst because of all the hacks and dupes etc. /sigh

Although PC and PS2 share the same servers~nyo.

Ronzeru
Dec 30, 2006, 12:49 PM
People prefer PC/Ps2, so that they can use dupped meseta. Cheaters.

Mewnie
Dec 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
PC here!

Anyone harping on about duped meseta is just playing Chicken Little.

Besides, 360is just PC-Lite. The ecomomy model without the sunroof, tinted windshield, leather interior and heated seats :3

Oh, and self-parallel parking :3~

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-12-30 09:50, Mewnie wrote:
PC here!

Anyone harping on about duped meseta is just playing Chicken Little.

Besides, 360is just PC-Lite. The ecomomy model without the sunroof, tinted windshield, leather interior and heated seats :3

Oh, and self-parallel parking :3~

At least we have locks on our doors!

Oh!

Burn!

Mewnie
Dec 30, 2006, 12:57 PM
*aristocratic dismissal* Begone, common console filth. You are mouth breathing on me.

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 01:03 PM
Agitated Response: Talking like HK-47 sucks.

Observation: You are very defensive about your PC version.

Extrapolation: You are insecure about your purchase.

Condescending Response: Would you like a tissue meatbag?

ShinMaruku
Dec 30, 2006, 01:07 PM
Anybody boasting about any version is daft.
None can touch Motorstorm!
Honestly it's PC far more freedom eventhough it's just a HD PS2 game.
I run off PS3 and PC.

Mewnie
Dec 30, 2006, 01:07 PM
PC: I can window PSU on my PC and chat with friends on my favorite messenger program!

360: DUPES! DUUUPESSSSS!!!

PC: Uh.. and I can take screenshots and show them to my friends on PSOW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

360: DUPES DUPES DUPES!!!!!111

PC: oookay... Oh! And with my PC, I can crank up the detail and not see a bit of slowdown, plus I can upgrade my PC's video card so it'll look even better in the future!

360: DUUUUUUPEEEEEESSSSSSS DUPEDUPEDUPES!!!!1111oneoneeleven

PC: What the hell? *leaves*

360: DUPES!

AeraLure
Dec 30, 2006, 01:08 PM
I play on the PC/PS2 version, but even considering the advantages of playing on a PC in terms of multitasking capabilities, I voted 360 as being the best if only for the fact that its not suffering from the massive meseta exploit that the PC/PS2 server is. I'd rather play the game on the PC normally, but if we're talking strictly about the best version of PSU and not considering various console advantages, itd simply have to be a cheat-free version, imho.

Mewnie
Dec 30, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-12-30 10:08, AeraLure wrote:
I voted 360 as being the best if only for the fact that its not suffering from the massive meseta exploit that the PC/PS2 server is. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect)

>:3

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 30, 2006, 01:17 PM
Lawl at the fact you were as shallow as to say that PC-Ps2 version users use that duped meseta.

I don't care too much about voice-support.

Also, I voted PC because it's the easiest to use. ;D You have a question, just go afk, pop up a window and find the answer! That's what I do.

LocGaw
Dec 30, 2006, 01:31 PM
In before the lockdown!!!

AeraLure
Dec 30, 2006, 01:41 PM
On 2006-12-30 10:17, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
Lawl at the fact you were as shallow as to say that PC-Ps2 version users use that duped meseta.

Heck, I'm on the PC/PS2 version. I never said all PC/PS2 users use or take advantage of the exploit. Simple fact is it affects the economy, like it or not.

I'm simply answering the question from the standpoint of which platform is better for PSU in general. Differences between the platforms are minimal. Obviously PC would be the best in terms of the ability to multitask while playing, via windowed mode, as well as running a music player inline, as well as the higher res capabilities should your PC have that ability while running the game smoothly. I do all that. Fact remains from a gaming standpoint the PC/PS2 server sucks in terms of being insecure due to GG.

Ryudo
Dec 30, 2006, 03:28 PM
xbox Fanboy: Xbox games have never been hacked and never will be hacked!!

Me: Didnt PSOX have hacks?

xbox Fanboy: STFU! That was sega's fault!

Me: Isn't it ALWAYS going to be sega's fault?

xbox Fanboy: STFU Live wasnt hacked it was sega's shitty coding

Me: Sega's servers havent been hacked either, it's still just their poor coding

xbox Fanboy: NO! LIVE IS INPENETRAPREGNOVINCIBLE!

Me: But havent many many games suck as Project Gotham Racing 3,and Halo 2 had hackings? and didnt patches to fix problems also cause even more problems such as ERROR CODE E71?

one way logic valve

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 03:34 PM
2 errors Ryudo:

1) Halo 2's and most Xbox 1 games' "hackings" are modded client side, not through Xbox Live.
2) Xbox =/= Xbox 360.

Jools
Dec 30, 2006, 08:30 PM
Xbox 360 is harder to hack than the other formats because its earlier in its life cylce. Saying that however, the Japanese PC version hasn't suffered from hacking at all and is clearly the best version right now.

-Jools

roygbiv
Dec 30, 2006, 09:21 PM
I really liked playing with voicechat... but one thing that people in support of the xbox360 version might not mention is that there are occasionaly issues where Player A and Player B will not be able to talk to one another, but Player C will be able to talk to both. This seems to be STs fault, as most other Live games don't have this issue (and Player A could through Live private chat talk directly with Player B)... not sure how many people ran into it.

Also there is some weird login problem which ST seems to be too lazy to fix thoroughly.

That being said the Xbox 360 version will probably not suffer from the hacking that is supposedly plagueing the PC/PS2 version right now.

So that says a lot there.

But seriously... if people buy my photons for 6k I am not going to cry.

MayLee
Dec 31, 2006, 12:07 AM
On 2006-12-30 05:56, Sychosis wrote:

On 2006-12-29 19:00, MayLee wrote:

::Pushes MayLee off the cliff again::

Oops, my bad yo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sychosis! I will haunt you in your sleep! >_<

Sekani
Dec 31, 2006, 12:16 AM
I hate 360 fanboys. They make me look bad.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 31, 2006, 04:00 AM
On 2006-12-30 17:30, Jools wrote:

Saying that however, the Japanese PC version hasn't suffered from hacking at all

You're living in la-la land if you believe this.

It had the item duping hack first. It'&s just easier for sega to ban perpetrators on jp cause they have to buy another copy of the game.

Still, there have been sales of likely duped meseta on Yahoo jp.

Explain that, if you will.