PDA

View Full Version : (rant) I just synthed a 50% Ice Double Saber

imfanboy
Dec 30, 2006, 06:36 AM
AND IT'S MINE, ALL MINE!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAA!!!

Ok, now that that's over...

I decide to synth a Double Saber for my new Fighgunner - she's 100 atp short to equip it, but w/e, I figure now's as good a time as any.

So I go to pull it out, and lo and behold I see that magic 50% ice... and O_O.

(here's the rant)

I mail 4 of my friends, and of those 4, 2 give me congrats - and the other two tell me to sell it straight away. One even offers to buy it for a rather large sum of meseta.

Now, I'm not downing either of those two guys for telling me to do this, but still... whatever happened to the idea of synthing items that you're going to use? Is duped meseta so king on PS2/PC that people would rather get a million and try for another 50% than be content with what they have?

I personally think this is good karma coming back to reward me - I've been giving away Christmas presents all week to whomever I can think of that might need them (sometimes, it's nothing more than a "Hey, if you want to synth an item on this board of mine, the synth chance is yours" but that's better than nothing) and why would I spit in the face of karma like that?

I take it back. I was actually MAD when they BOTH mailed that to me. Sorry if you're reading this, those anonymous friends, but I'm serious.

GAH! As if I would EVER give this AWESOME item to some PUNK FUCKING CHEATER whose ONLY skill is the ability to use someone else's hard work, be it using some ACTUAL hacker's program in messing up MY game or mooching off of someone else's GOOD LUCK in SYNTHING!!

IF MESETA IS VALUELESS, THEN ITEMS ARE ALL THAT WE HAVE OF VALUE! Why should I exchange something of value (50% ice double saber) for something of little value, i.e. meseta?

I EARN my items. While it's possible that duped meseta has trickled 2nd or 3rd hand to me (in fact it's likely, as I've sold a number of good synthing items at ACTUAL good prices), the thought of selling this directly to someone who hasn't earned their money makes my skin CRAWL.

*deep breath*

Who else agrees with me? Anyone?

Careful
Dec 30, 2006, 06:57 AM
ok

Xeropace
Dec 30, 2006, 07:04 AM
So wait, the PC/PS2 version has duped meseta?

Is it getting the "Diablo II" effect? Which is where money becomes worthless and items are the new currency.

So does the 360 have all this fake meseta?

icewyrm
Dec 30, 2006, 07:05 AM
On the subject value... guess it depends if materials and boards can be duped. If they can, then items are worthless too really; you could just keep attemping synths until you got what you wanted.

Putting that aside though, if you like the weapon then keep it, if you don't then sell it. I don't think it gets any more simple than that?
A quick side question, not trying to derail here- is elemental damage from melee weapons pitted against physical defense or mental defense?
I've been considering going all neutral photon weapons just so I don't have to worry about juggling them, and about the only reason I can think of not to is if the elemental damage has some kind of armor penetration (asides from the obvious bonus vs opposite element type.)

Xeropace, nah not really. It's evident at times (certain players/transactions/shops) but on the whole it isn't so widespread as to affect most players. Mainly because the tools used to do the duping are added to the gameguard blacklist whenever they are publicly released, meaning there seems to be a fairly small group of people doing any damage.

It's nothing like open bnet or such at any rate :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: icewyrm on 2006-12-30 04:17 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 30, 2006, 07:45 AM
I would have said "gib".

Diablohead
Dec 30, 2006, 07:47 AM
The ps2 and pc servers seem to have spare meseta floating around but not enough to effect everyone, but there are the rich idiots who will offer millions for something like a 50% saber because they themselves have duped cash.

MomoHana
Dec 30, 2006, 07:49 AM
Xanga blog. :3

Retehi
Dec 30, 2006, 08:59 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=11

LadyMarisa
Dec 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
I would never sell a 50% of anything, I hoard them. I have a 50% ice C rank sword that the bf and i pass around our alts and even if we each had 4 chars that were completely outgrown it, I *still* wouldnt sell it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd but a 50% element weapon but I wouldnt ever sell one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif