PDA

View Full Version : How do you cancel your Xbox Live online account for PSU?

Nestahima
Dec 30, 2006, 09:21 AM
Topic.

Nestahima
Dec 30, 2006, 09:26 AM
It won't accept my email/password online.

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 09:30 AM
Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX

Nestahima
Dec 30, 2006, 09:49 AM
These people have no idea what they're doing.

NeoDude0
Dec 30, 2006, 09:51 AM
If you can sign into the Xbox Live network, check Account Management. I believe the same is also possible from Xbox.com. But yeah, if it's not taking your Windows Live ID, you'll have to try your luck with Xbox phone support at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX.

Nestahima
Dec 30, 2006, 09:53 AM
I tried account management. It doesn't let me cancel there. I tried calling, and these people have no idea what they're talking about. They think I want to cancel my live account, not the PSU Membership.

Ambrai
Dec 30, 2006, 02:00 PM
You must go through the phone number, and they WILL try to cancel your xbox live account, so I'd strongly suggest you request a supervisor and wait the extra 30 minutes.

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-12-30 11:00, Ambrai wrote:
You must go through the phone number, and they WILL try to cancel your xbox live account, so I'd strongly suggest you request a supervisor and wait the extra 30 minutes.

That's sooo inconvenient~nyo. =/

Ambrai
Dec 30, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-12-30 11:04, Kirip-san wrote:

My situation has been fucked since the time I tried to cancel. Basically in order...

The person on the phone cancelled BOTH my live account and my PSU Guardian's License.

He then lied and said the live account would be restored in 2 hours.

I call back and am xfered to a supervisor (total wait time 4 hours), who then tells me they need to contact their 'code' department to get a new code issued since they can't just reverse the cancellation.

Two weeks later I finally get the code, and where I am at right now is the code doesn't work....

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 02:17 PM
On 2006-12-30 11:12, Ambrai wrote:

On 2006-12-30 11:04, Kirip-san wrote:

My situation has been fucked since the time I tried to cancel. Basically in order...

The person on the phone cancelled BOTH my live account and my PSU Guardian's License.

He then lied and said the live account would be restored in 2 hours.

I call back and am xfered to a supervisor (total wait time 4 hours), who then tells me they need to contact their 'code' department to get a new code issued since they can't just reverse the cancellation.

Two weeks later I finally get the code, and where I am at right now is the code doesn't work....

Ouch. >_<

Ambrai
Dec 30, 2006, 02:55 PM
Just got off the phone with them again, seems they issued me a code that was already used (brilliant yes?), now I have to wait until Wednesday to see how they will screw up the next code...

That makes three weeks of being unable to play the rest of my games online, and I thought SoE was bad...

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 03:01 PM
On 2006-12-30 11:55, Ambrai wrote:
Just got off the phone with them again, seems they issued me a code that was already used (brilliant yes?), now I have to wait until Wednesday to see how they will screw up the next code...

That makes three weeks of being unable to play the rest of my games online, and I thought SoE was bad...

They're asking to be sued~nyo.

Ryoga4523
Dec 30, 2006, 03:31 PM
It almost makes me not want to cancel PSU ever.... this is horrible. I am sure glad that I currently enjoy playing PSU. I really hope that they fix this issue by the time i want to quit.

Esufer
Dec 30, 2006, 07:39 PM
Can you not just doing it straight through your console?

Mazoku
Dec 30, 2006, 11:26 PM
I just canceled mine today. The woman called it Fantastic Star and then mentioned a PSU Hunter's License. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif She said my account would be active until January 26th. I had her confirm that my Live account is still active and she said I was paid up until next December. I think it went well. My Live account is working at the moment. Hopefully I won't be billed again for PSU. I've had some other nightmares with Xbox tech support involving defective systems.

Sekani
Dec 30, 2006, 11:38 PM
On 2006-12-30 16:39, Reigast wrote:
Can you not just doing it straight through your console?

Nope. Can't do it from the PSU or XBL websites either. A really stupid oversight that needs to be corrected.