PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Diabolical lag, issues with the game and angry

1337Beeb
Dec 30, 2006, 09:36 AM
Yes.

Now, I play PSU quite a lot. I'm level 35, Fortetecher called Beeb on Xbox 360.

But for weeks and week I've been damned annoyed at what Sega MAKE us pay for.

I often play in a group of 3 other people, my brother, his girlfriend and my friend. Sometimes it works, but here's a nice twist.

Sometimes, I can hear my brother, his girlfriend, but not my friend, AT ALL. My brother can hear me, my friend but his girlfriend's voice often breaks up. My friend can't hear me, CAN hear my brother and his girlfriend, whereas my brother's girlfriend can hear me, my brother and my friend, but cannot hear my friend very well.

Other days it works fine.

Also, sometimes when playing I hit enemies and nothing happens to them. They hit me and nothing happens. Then 2 minutes later (seriously) I take a ton of damage and the enemy is dead. WTF?

Also, when watching other people, they run like absolute tards. They move forwards, then jump backwards, then move forwards, then backwards etc. This one happens ALL THE TIME.

Also, Sega refuse to give us proper updates considering it must be SO DIFFICULT for them to move one fucking file from a folder and into another folder.

Any ideas how to fix any of this crap? I'm pretty sure it's not my connection considering everybody else in the 360 world probably knows what I'm talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1337Beeb on 2006-12-30 06:37 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 10:03 AM
Sounds like your connection is bad. Seriously.

MomoHana
Dec 30, 2006, 10:13 AM
Srsly bad.

1337Beeb
Dec 30, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-12-30 06:36, 1337Beeb wrote:

Did you not read the post? Our internet speed is 2Mb, which seems to work fine for GoW and every other internet game under the sun. NAT is Open and my Dad works for BT.

You fail.

Sekani
Dec 30, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-12-30 07:43, 1337Beeb wrote:

Did you not read the post? Our internet speed is 2Mb, which seems to work fine for GoW and every other internet game under the sun. NAT is Open and my Dad works for BT.

You fail.

And you're in denial. You've just described textbook symptoms of a bad internet connection. If not you, then someone else. Or it could just be that PSU's bad coding hates you more than normal.

Sychosis, when do you sleep man?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2006-12-30 07:48 ]</font>

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 10:55 AM
I sleep at night, why?

Sekani
Dec 30, 2006, 10:59 AM
Cause every time I look you're either on the forums or in the game. Then again time zones make everything weird so what do I know.

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 11:04 AM
Well I do keep my PC on all the time. If one of my brother's was the last to use it they usually forget to close programs and such.

icewyrm
Dec 30, 2006, 11:05 AM
I've heard xbox360 voicechat (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/06) has issues not related to PSU, or at least also present in other games similar to what you are describing. I figure all of your headsets (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-headset-voice-communicator/dp/B000AYYACU) are in decent nick?

As for the lag issues, yeah I see that kind of thing all the time. Not sure if it's because of segas kinda crazy netcode, the fairly large latency between me and segas US servers, or some other hindrance.

Mind you, PSU has great netcode in comparison to some games. Ever tried to play rakion or gunbound with more than one person on a home network behind a NAT? *shivers*

Ryno
Dec 30, 2006, 12:56 PM
Wow again... this is like the 3rd or 4th topic i seen with a lag and bad connection..lol..

i'm going to repeat this again...

i remember i used to lag a whole bunch like crazy. just like yours... whne you're not hitting any enemies..yeah...

and i did have other days still working fine too.. but most days.. no...lol..

and all the games work perfect..besides somtimes psu...

but then until heaven..LOL.. i bought a $181.00 wireless D-link router with cable and DSL.. and i also had the 360 wireless connection which cost $99..

and now my connection with PSU and my internet is much faster than before..

no lags in PSU.. its fast like that.

so i think you need a new router

Esufer
Dec 30, 2006, 07:23 PM
If you ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Ever.

Have a problem with the Xbox 360 microphones.

Taking it out.

And plugging it back in again.

Will fix it.

Trust me.

icewyrm
Dec 30, 2006, 08:01 PM
Unless the cable is broken, then you'd have to take a soldering iron to it >.>

FATalicious
Dec 30, 2006, 08:44 PM
PLEASE, someone help me out here. i dont play online cuz i dont have the money for Xbox live so all i do is play offline on extra mode. i have a cast lvl 21 and i cant find a single damn SUV-weapon in the entire game. Can i not find one offline or some shit or is there a certain lvl i ahve to be at to buy the damn things?

-Shimarisu-
Dec 30, 2006, 10:25 PM
On 2006-12-30 07:43, 1337Beeb wrote:

You fail.

BT is shit.

icewyrm
Dec 31, 2006, 12:19 AM
FATalicious, don't you just get them from shops? >.>
http://icewyrm.batcave.net/images/SUVs.gif

Sorry I don't know much about extra mode, didn't ever get around to playing through the story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: icewyrm on 2006-12-30 21:41 ]</font>

Callous
Dec 31, 2006, 01:21 AM
No, you get them by completing certain missions with S Rank. One of the train missions gives you an SUV, for example.

icewyrm
Dec 31, 2006, 04:12 AM
Oh, that's a bit of a bugger. I hate getting S-ranks in offline mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FATalicious
Dec 31, 2006, 08:19 AM
well thnx icewyrm, but ive been to the shops and they aernt in the list. they dont show up at all. im lvl 20 now since i accidentally overwrote my charectar and redid him but i still dont know why i havnt got any suv weapons. ive gone to every armor shop and parts shop looking for them but they still dont show up, im thinking i have to be higher lvl for them to show up or soemthing...

A2K
Dec 31, 2006, 08:25 AM
You have to S rank certain free missions in order to receive them. I don't know which ones exactly, but I do believe all the ones with robots running about are your best bet (Grove of Fanatics, the train mission, etc. come to mind).

XCOPY
Dec 31, 2006, 10:57 AM
Train mission gives you the Hegel one. It's annoying though, as you have to go back to kill one group, then back to the beginning to kill a SEED Vance that shows up later, then go back on the normal path to the end.

The time does seem annoyingly unforgiving offline for S-rank. This is one small thing where Extra is actually harder than online. Online, I could take all day, apparently...but as long as I killed everything and didn't die = S rank. Offline...oops, I stopped to pick up an item. = A.

Diablohead
Dec 31, 2006, 12:43 PM
Characters hop around on the pc too, depends on the other persons connection also.

McLaughlin
Dec 31, 2006, 01:43 PM
Voice Chat works fine for me all the time. I have a 1 MBps connection and my NAT is Open as well.

It's on your end.

FATalicious
Dec 31, 2006, 06:05 PM
well thank u guys for the info, i love the phantasy star series but for some reason the japanese love their games to be full of confusion and difficulty at times. thnx xcopy for the tip about the seeder vance, didnt have a clue as to where that last guy was. another question i have is are all the best rare weapons on online or do u have to be really high lvl in order for them to be available?

FATalicious
Jan 1, 2007, 02:22 PM
i know i ask too many questions about PSU, but what does that say about the game? Anyways, same problem arose from the beast race, im assuming u can only get the tattoos from getting S rank on certain missions on moatoob. if so then that blows large sausages