PDA

View Full Version : uhhh...has anyone started an PSU guild?

kitex2
Dec 30, 2006, 07:34 PM
yea....are their any becuase well as i hate to say it hackers are killing psu...and most of my friends have gone and left me T_T so anyone out there

i like...long relic runs at night
romantic boss battles @ sunrise
and fihgunning till the break of dawn

DonRoyale
Dec 30, 2006, 07:36 PM
uhh...has anyone started to tell you that there's a forum for guilds? (Player Matchup)

MOVE OVA WHOOOOOOOOOOo

Kismet
Dec 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
Right now there are quite a few well-known or somewhat well-known guilds (clans in PSU, I think). These are the three I know of.

The Royalz, Da Familia, and Silver Gate. Suzaku Lyzael is the leader/founder of The Royalz, !LaMB! is the leader/founder of Da Familia, and Silver Gate's leader/founder is yours truely - me.

While The Royalz are considered sort of full of ourselves (I'm part of the Royalz, too), they're really quite nice, and most of the members are well-experienced and high-leveled. Da Familia I don't know much about, they seem to be like a bit more laid-back version of the Royalz.

Silver Gate's current main priority is helping new players get settled into playing PSU, such as answering questions, explaining things, helping with lvling, blahblah...

Nani-chan
Dec 31, 2006, 01:12 AM
I guess -Apathy- isn't well known yet.

Axel3792
Dec 31, 2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah, there's always the Moon Hunter's Guild and The Sonic Team HQ... Tyrannus, a purple cast (he was also Arcadia, Shadow Wolf on PSO) is the leader of the MHG, and Kyosuke Imawano / Ludema Yoto and myself are the leaders of TsTHQ.

Ansatsu
Dec 31, 2006, 11:05 AM
What about jeM? Last I looked, they were the biggest clan in PSU and PSOBB. I've started one, but we aren't really accepting new members at the moment because of organization difficulties. PM me if you're interested in joining, and I'll make sure I run some missions with you. I can also set you up with jeM, since we're allies. Just PM me.

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-12-31 08:05, Ansatsu wrote:
I can also set you up with jeM, since we're allies.

I'm sorry, but is there some kind of guild war going on or something?

Ronzeru
Dec 31, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-12-30 16:34, kitex2 wrote:
yea....are their any becuase well as i hate to say it hackers are killing psu...and most of my friends have gone and left me T_T so anyone out there

i like...long relic runs at night
romantic boss battles @ sunrise
and fihgunning till the break of dawn

Correction. Hackers are killing PSU PS2/PC version... in AMERICA. Don't lump us 360ers in with you guys when it comes to the game's death. And it's not even killing you, because most people love the duped meseta that's been passing around.

Kismet
Dec 31, 2006, 12:09 PM
What about jeM? Last I looked, they were the biggest clan in PSU and PSOBB.

Lol, never heard of em'.

dudeanonymous
Dec 31, 2006, 01:20 PM
hmmm...I should start a clan...in fact I probly will...

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
I started the A-Team a few days ago because I thought it would be hilarious. And it still is. ::hums theme song::

And no, you cannot join the A-Team sucka.

waluigi1
Dec 31, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well I guess Heroes of Chaos isn't well known...We are always accepting new members. z10.invisionfree.com/h_o_c

princejake2
Dec 31, 2006, 05:07 PM
Wow, Waluigi posted! Looks like he beat me to it, but yeah, we are always looking for new members.

Careful
Dec 31, 2006, 05:10 PM
Filling out applications to play with other people?! I'M IN HEAVEN!!!

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 1, 2007, 02:36 AM

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 02:49 AM
I always wanted to make a all girls guild.

Tahldon
Jan 1, 2007, 03:09 AM
What's the use of even HAVING a guild/clan on PSU?

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.. In my eyes at least.

It's not like we're all fighting against one another for anything and it's not like we're tryin to acheive anything by lumping up into a "clan".

Nonsense nonsense nonsense...

Following the story, we're all supposed (emphasis here) to be GUARDIANS which in term makes us ONE BIGASS TEAM. But that's just following the story of course.

Having people you like playing with is one thing, but making a "clan" and "recruiting" people is just really silly to me.

People got some thing for creating gangs or something? Whatever happened to just having friends anymore?

Psh.. silly kids and their playground power struggles..

Ansatsu
Jan 1, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2006-12-31 08:09, Sychosis wrote:

I can also set you up with jeM, since we're allies.

I'm sorry, but is there some kind of guild war going on or something?

What I mean by that is that we do events and such together.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-01-01 00:09, Tahldon wrote:

It's not like we're all fighting against one another for anything and it's not like we're tryin to acheive anything by lumping up into a "clan".

Following the story, we're all supposed (emphasis here) to be GUARDIANS which in term makes us ONE BIGASS TEAM. But that's just following the story of course.

Having people you like playing with is one thing, but making a "clan" and "recruiting" people is just really silly to me.

People got some thing for creating gangs or something? Whatever happened to just having friends anymore?

Quoted for Truth.

*Cosigns on this shit.*

kitex2
Jan 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-01-01 00:09, Tahldon wrote:

ima lover nota fighter and when i say clan or guild meaning a group of friends who hunt for items run missions and talk to each other...sorta like an LS in XI not i i pwnd j00 o snap we gotta get clan revenge guild...

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
A LS in FFXI ISSSSSSS a "i pwned j00 o snap we gotta get clan revenge" guild. Are you kiddin' me? Do you even play FFXI? Do you read any KI?

chaostroop
Jan 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
i made the divine*heros guild on 360 FREE BATTLE FAN ON ENTRY!!!

Ansatsu
Jan 1, 2007, 04:57 PM
Our guild is a group of players who share things such as Meseta, and are reliable to do missions with. I completely agree that they shouldn't fight for "power" (which doesn't really exist in PSU anyway).

etlitch
Jan 1, 2007, 05:02 PM
There's teams and there's people in them.

Can't really see the use of anything larger in a game that does'nt allow more than 6 player to play co-op and with no PvP at all.

Tahldon
Jan 1, 2007, 05:29 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:57, Ansatsu wrote:
Our guild is a group of players who share things such as Meseta, and are reliable to do missions with. I completely agree that they shouldn't fight for "power" (which doesn't really exist in PSU anyway).

Well...

This still doesn't make sense to me. Wanna know why? There's 5 other guys that I Party with 90% of the time I'm playing.

We give each other things all the time. If one person needs it, we hand it over, cause we're good -FRIENDS-.

There's no need for guilds/clans.

You understanding what I'm saying here? To be in a guild on PSU you have to go through the bothersome process of making a character with [Insert Tag here] in their name.

Or for the "smarter" people, they'll just put it on their partner card blocks.

But either way..you should understand me here.

Hm..ok scenerio just in case ANYONE is having a hard time.

Would you rather go to a place where you can meet people and sit down and talk with a group of people/a person and come to KNOW and like them?

Or

Would you rather go to a place where you can meet people and start handing out flyers? "We're in this (Gang/clan/guild/linkshell/family} and we're looking for new (members/friends/clansmen), would you like to join us? We like (insert random things here)"

Which situation do you think people will be most comfortable in?

There are consequences of having guilds whether people admit it or not. But once you have clans or whatever going on then people in OTHER clans are automatically start having a love/hate type of response to them.

Then there's gonna be that whole elitist thing going on. We're "Allies". What's the need of an "Ally"?

Oh well I hate that clan so WE'RE ALL GONNA HATE THAT CLAN. (Dispite the fact that the guild/clan is full of people that probably don't even know each other). In all actuallity you're hating a "NAME" and not the people themselves...

..Which is just plain dumb.

I'm sure someone understands where I'm coming from here.. I'm not flaming or anything I'm just trying to get the point across that this stuff isn't nessecary..

Why? Because it's a potential problem that's why. Not a huge problem mind you, but more or so like a community pest of sorts.

Think about it..

kitex2
Jan 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:26, Ronzeru wrote:
A LS in FFXI ISSSSSSS a "i pwned j00 o snap we gotta get clan revenge" guild. Are you kiddin' me? Do you even play FFXI? Do you read any KI?

i did...and if your talking about ballista that joke of pvp i havent seen or heard of any ls rivals... mostly just people who do sky, nms or help others with quests....

Starrz
Jan 1, 2007, 06:32 PM
Guilds create unneeded and unnecessary divisions between players.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:12, kitex2 wrote:

On 2007-01-01 13:26, Ronzeru wrote:

i did...and if your talking about ballista that joke of pvp i havent seen or heard of any ls rivals... mostly just people who do sky, nms or help others with quests....

You sure don't sound like someone who played for years in endgame.... Cause I don't mean PVP. I mean drama at stealign claims on pop items for gods. Land King drama that has gone on for years there. Dalmatica, or as FFXIers and KIers like to call it, Dramatica, is a famous point of LS drama in that game.

Type in "linkshell + drama" exactly like it is in the quotes in google right now, and tell me you dont' get a shit load fo hits back. If you don't either you're a liar, or you was never in a real endgame LS.

Even WoW guilds has it's large load of drama.

Magitek_X
Jan 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2006-12-31 23:49, MayLee wrote:
I always wanted to make a all girls guild.

Which would cause all members to be stalked by the pervs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kismet
Jan 1, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well, if you think the idea of clans is dumb, then why even post here? Most people are making clans either for (A) future preparation for PSU pvp, if that ever comes and (B) cult-like popularity means. But then again, there are some clans who are actually trying to do something worth your while on PSU. Like making friends, helping out newbies, and just having fun in one big group. =/

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:06 PM
Yea we need to help out more lowbies.

Tahldon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:32, Starrz wrote:

This is basically what I said in a nutshell. Sorry I tend to be longwinded sometimes.

"A big group of players"? You can only have six people in a group..

I mean you can still do everything a "clan" does without having to be in one...

Beh.. Anyways..

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 08:18 PM
*pets TB on the head.* It'll be alright man. It'll be ok.

RubyEclipse
Jan 1, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:32, Starrz wrote:

I think that statement is a bit too generalized to be applicable here.

Yes, some guilds can - and do - create pointless drama, flame wars, etc. That happens in any online game, whether guilds are officially supported or not.

However, it is still my belief that a guild brought together for the right principles can accomplish much, much more than a group of only six friends. In all reality, many guilds are simply that - large groups of friends or players who share the same ideals. That's really as simple as it gets.

If any player refuses to play with another player solely because they are affiliated with a guild, then the fault lies not within the guild, but in the player whose bias was born of ignorance in the first place.

princejake2
Jan 1, 2007, 09:11 PM
I'm just gonna stay out of this "discussion" because opinions get shot down like nothing around here. I will say, however, that my Guild isn't here to start problems. Its more or less a giant group of close friends. We all know each other and are all fairly good friends, and we all help each other out with what we need.

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 09:18 PM
I still think a Guild of 360 girls is a good idea.

What? We girls need to stick together. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tahldon
Jan 1, 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm not really trying to shoot anyone down.

It's not as though I matter anyways people will still do what they want.

Just kind of rubs me odd how people want to make something in a place where it shouldn't be or isn't needed.

But that's just me.. I'm a "By the books" type of person.. but that's another story..

People have a need for companionship.. Natural order of things..

:3 I'm actually curious now.. to see what comes out of all this. It'll be interesting.

>.> And Maylee, only -you- would wanna make an all girls guild.

>.> <.< Boys rule.. girls drool.. o.o;;

Akaimizu
Jan 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
Not really. Maybe too many people want to make an all one group. I'm one to think it's a bit better to just stick to good friends. Guilds usually end up taking people's time and generally take them away from other potential friends. It's generally why I typically don't enter them. (Well, other than the fact I typically don't fit into them)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-01 18:56 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-01-01 18:51, Tahldon wrote:

>.> And Maylee, only -you- would wanna make an all girls guild.

Of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I OBJECT! >_<

AC9breaker
Jan 2, 2007, 12:52 AM
It seems like people here have the wrong impression of guilds.

Guilds are about a greater sense of community and friendship that are hard to obtain on grandscales without proper coordination and communication. Guildmates are people who elevate the enjoyment of your gaming time. I played FFXI for about a year, I fucking hated the game, its a total peice of shit. But becuase my guild mates played it, I was able to have fun from that peice of shit game. Guilds can be interpreted as a sub-branch of social institution of the net. Just like schools, clubs, and workplaces are all social institutions.

Calibur
Jan 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2006-12-30 16:43, Kismet wrote:

The Royalz, Da Familia

Is psu some kind of hood...?

RubyEclipse
Jan 2, 2007, 03:25 AM
On 2007-01-01 21:52, AC9breaker wrote:
It seems like people here have the wrong impression of guilds.

Guilds are about a greater sense of community and friendship that are hard to obtain on grandscales without proper coordination and communication. Guildmates are people who elevate the enjoyment of your gaming time. I played FFXI for about a year, I fucking hated the game, its a total peice of shit. But becuase my guild mates played it, I was able to have fun from that peice of shit game. Guilds can be interpreted as a sub-branch of social institution of the net. Just like schools, clubs, and workplaces are all social institutions.

Well said. Most of us don't play PSU for the items anyway (I'm assuming, at least) - but rather for the friends we meet and the people we party up with online. Killing Lapuchas is fun, sure, but I'd much rather kill them with five buddies any day.

Those who argue that guilds divide the community (ie, by forming groups of friends/players apart from Universe 1) must concede - within that logic, so too does PSO-World. By inviting members to meet each other on Universe 15, the same logic behind the "Guilds hurt the community" argument applies directly in this scenario. Yet PSOW is far from hurting the online community - rather, I'd argue it does the complete opposite.

Personally, I think it's all about the people we meet and the friends we have online. If you would much rather play on Universe 15 with your close friends as opposed to Universe 1, then that decision should be yours to make, with no moral guilt trip attached.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 08:30 AM

Ok, who was it who called *ME* gay after finding out I RP a girl character again?

Couldn't have been Tahldon, could it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
I help run the guild S-Coptor.Check it out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
XD guilds will be meaningless until we Guardians have some reason to fight amongst ourselves - PVP >P until then, we're all friends <3

chaostroop
Jan 2, 2007, 12:34 PM
lol that boys rule girls drool thing was relly childesh

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yep. That's the point, I guess. It's kind of like a parody of stuff like "The Little Rascals" and all that. Old movies and shows where they had those "all boys/all girls" cliques and/or clubs. A love it/hate it affair. Some people were in those cliques and/or clubs. Other people learned to hate cliques and/or clubs.

Of course, the point some are making here, is that Guilds aren't necessarily the same thing. Often, many are open enough that they simply are just a way to keep a group of like personalities in communication aside from whatever other friends they meet and hook up with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-02 09:40 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 12:55 PM
Guilds are silly. You people keep saying something along the lines of "Oh, well our guild is just a group of friends who know each other and like playing together and/or helping lowbies out."

Well, if that's the case, then why do you need to label yourself as a guild? Simple, recognition. The leaders of said guild need people to look up to them as some form of icon and the guildies need someone to look up to. That, or they just want free loots and then leave said guild when they get what they want.

Sugarcoat it all you want but if you just wanted to help out nubs, you would do just that. And if you were just a group of friends who all new each other you wouldn't be recruiting random peeps off the web to join your little IRL guild. I get a chuckle from all these "guild-leaders" coming in here advertising/defending their guild. You are only special to your mommies, sad but true.

Whoop-dee-doo, you got a guild of 438 people and only 5 of them can fit in your party!

Tahldon
Jan 2, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-01-02 05:30, Sychosis wrote:

Ok, who was it who called *ME* gay after finding out I RP a girl character again?

Couldn't have been Tahldon, could it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What? Your memory isn't functioning correctly. I suggest you go and have that examined :3.

Maylee..>.> Objection overruled!

The boys rule comment was childish.. but it was FUN XD. *insert hysterical laugh here*

Frogkicker makes a good point..but I mean that in a sense less brash than his. o.o;