PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. The Tengohg Bow pisses me off.

Remedy
Dec 31, 2006, 04:50 AM
I mean, at first, I believed it was going to be like in Story/Extra Mode, where it could strike two targets at once - a Crea-style Bow, if you will.

It doesn't even do that.

It's got lower ATA, lower ATP, and higher recharge costs than my Alteric +4, VASTLY lower stats than a stock Hanmateric, and it grinds pitifully. It only gains about 150 ATP over the course of 7 grinds, and its PP only goes up by about 200.

Why does one of the best looking bows have to be utter trash? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well. *sticks it in shop for 150% of the price it cost to make*

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 31, 2006, 04:54 AM
its a collectors item simply put.

Hotashi
Dec 31, 2006, 04:55 AM
Sorry, Remedy.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 31, 2006, 04:59 AM
I didnt bother making one myself. I knew it wasn't going to be as great seeing as though many of the JP players telling me that it was going to be "dropping like candy."

That was the reason why, right on the first day of the S mission in Onma was released, I sold the board for 500k. Seeing now... The price is lowering bit by bit in player shops, must mean that people are finding it more XD

Shadow_Wing
Dec 31, 2006, 05:52 AM
My team alone has gotten this drop like 25 times at least by now, and I should know, I've synthed them all -_-;;;;;

Randomness
Dec 31, 2006, 07:13 AM
Well, the price will only keep coming down for them, eventually it will get to something reasonable for the power. Admittedly, its probably very good for leveling your bullets with all that PP.

MomoHana
Dec 31, 2006, 07:21 AM
They are fun to have that's it?

Diablohead
Dec 31, 2006, 07:32 AM
do they have a longer range then regular handguns?

Remedy
Dec 31, 2006, 07:38 AM
I dunno, I use my bow for support and to damage things that I can't hit with technics.

The Tengohg Bow is poor on both aspects - a missed shot can't status, and its abysmal ATP reduces my damage by about 140 a shot (80-ish damage with Reisei-sou on Onmagoug S versus 220-ish on my Alteric +4).

Hrith
Dec 31, 2006, 07:39 AM
They can hit two targets, but only of the same monster.

And you cannot buy a Hanmateric.

Remedy
Dec 31, 2006, 07:44 AM
No, they cannot hit two targets of the same monster. I tested it against a Polyvohra and against Onmagoug, and I never reported two damage numbers.

And no, you cannot buy a Hanmateric, but when I refer to "stock", I mean an unground weapon.

Alisha
Dec 31, 2006, 07:55 AM
all bows strike 2 targets offline. just like ra techs. also if you cant do damage with a tengoghs bow you fail since bows ignore defence...

Kismet
Dec 31, 2006, 08:33 AM
I guess... that' just too bad? Try again next time? =/

Remedy
Dec 31, 2006, 09:41 AM
The difference of nearly 300 ATP has something to do with that, Alisha - DFP penetration or not, the ATP on the Tengohg Bow is ABYSMAL. You can't get damage without a necessary statistic (ATP) to drive that damage.

Rizen
Dec 31, 2006, 09:50 AM
Well, simply put. if you looking for stats and max damage alone, Tengohg Bow isn't for you. If you like it for look, then Tengohg Bow is just for you.

Personally, I really don't care much for stats. But I do try to keep myself up to date. One thing I learned as a Protranser is how to make things work in my favor, even if it isn't the best.

Why not keep it around and play around with it?

roygbiv
Dec 31, 2006, 12:49 PM
DUDE IT"S A JOKE WEAPON DON'T USE IT OK?

All of the kubara weapons that are joke weapons have awful stats/grinding tables. Notice that the fluorescent bulb SUCKS? Well probably with the exception of some S ranks all the other non-black-knockoff kubara weapons SUCK! They are not meant to compete with normal weapons... have no benefit except for looking silly.

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 09:27 AM
On 2006-12-31 04:55, Alisha wrote:
all bows strike 2 targets offline. just like ra techs. also if you cant do damage with a tengoghs bow you fail since bows ignore defence...

Ok that's getting to be fucking annoying. Stop that -.-.