PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Where are the Protransers? No traps around he

PALRAPPYS
Dec 31, 2006, 11:17 AM
lol... seriously the Xbox360 players must be racist against PTs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Not kidding. I've seen 2 PTs. 2! I'm not joking. Ok, maybe they may be an unpopular class choice because they get no S weapons, but who cares? They still can get the pwnsome 9*s. I've heard some S ranks are crap too, so there ya go.

And as for traps... lol I dunno if those PTs used 'em. (I did see my brother's ranger friend use some though...)

P.S. As for the poll, I'm just wondering what your basic thoughts are. Oh, and it's ok if you don't use traps. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 11:34 AM
I've only ever seen a trap used once, by Luvia...

PALRAPPYS
Dec 31, 2006, 11:40 AM
lol... wasn't I there? I think she used it in that Groves Of Fanatics run.... or I could be mistaken. XD So that makes it 2 traps if I was there.

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah you were there. But the only one I remember is the confusion trap he set for some weak ass koltova. It was almost as funny as the vanda buttsecks statue.

AC9breaker
Dec 31, 2006, 11:51 AM
Haha, the other day on PC/PS2 Merumeru,Panzer_Unit, Rizen, Myself and 2 others almost had a full Protranser squad. But poor Rizen changed into Guntecher inorder to be our MANE HEELZ! Not liked we needed it much anyway, haha.

Ronzeru
Dec 31, 2006, 11:58 AM
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHGUNNER!!!!!!!!

PALRAPPYS
Dec 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-12-31 08:42, Sychosis wrote:
Yeah you were there. But the only one I remember is the confusion trap he set for some weak ass koltova. It was almost as funny as the vanda buttsecks statue.

lol... dumb Koltova. XD

But really, why did he use it on a koltova? O.o Even using it on a Vahra would've been better.

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 01:25 PM
Dunno, but they started ramming each other in the hind quarters. Would have made a good statue.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 31, 2006, 01:28 PM
Drop:
Koltova Remains
rarity:*********
Desc.: These are rare objects left behind by the ugly Koltovas. Since they rarely do anything other than charge at you, these are hard to find.

Makes- Koltova Chaser
Koltova Animation where they ram into each other's hind. O.o

Ok, I'm silly. XD

Taris
Jan 1, 2007, 06:30 PM
Traps = expensive, and Xbox 360 economy =/= broken yet, at least last I checked.

I tried using traps as a Ranger while leveling the job, and they were lackluster for the money spent on them. Then I hit Protrancer, and realize...yah, it's more punch, but they're still expensive, and I've already spent a TON of money just to get equipment for Hunter/Force/Ranger so that I could rank up the jobs proper (and not be a stone around peoples' necks), and now not only do I not have any petty cash left, but Protrancer just doesn't seem to have been worth the bother.

Yet, that is. I'm sure Sega's got something they'll release (like better Protrancer-specific traps or something) that will, for lack of a better word, "rationalize" the class. But unitl then, Protrancer's going back on the shelf. And I'm still not using traps.

PS: Why. The. HELL did Sonic Team not provide us with, say, Trap SYNTHESIS boards, so we could MAKE traps out of junk? Forgive me if there are, but I haven't seen them....

Cav
Jan 1, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:30, Taris wrote:
Traps = expensive, and Xbox 360 economy =/= broken yet, at least last I checked.

I tried using traps as a Ranger while leveling the job, and they were lackluster for the money spent on them. Then I hit Protrancer, and realize...yah, it's more punch, but they're still expensive, and I've already spent a TON of money just to get equipment for Hunter/Force/Ranger so that I could rank up the jobs proper (and not be a stone around peoples' necks), and now not only do I not have any petty cash left, but Protrancer just doesn't seem to have been worth the bother.

Yet, that is. I'm sure Sega's got something they'll release (like better Protrancer-specific traps or something) that will, for lack of a better word, "rationalize" the class. But unitl then, Protrancer's going back on the shelf. And I'm still not using traps.

PS: Why. The. HELL did Sonic Team not provide us with, say, Trap SYNTHESIS boards, so we could MAKE traps out of junk? Forgive me if there are, but I haven't seen them....

If you wish to pull this card, I used traps on PT back when all my meseta was from solo farming.(Now it's from shop with legit prices.) It's not that hard if you are only using on enemies that matter.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 10:21 AM

That's just lowbie trap use. It sucks, and even then using burn traps on large mobs made a big difference for teams before the update came along.

PT's get to drop virus traps (more than twice the damage of a burn, total) with 100% success rates. It's very hard to match that sort of damage against large leader mobs in high-rank quests. Basically, PT's become more and more effective against tougher mobs and higher mission difficulties. They can pull their wieght in regular combat quite well too.

Gulkeeva
Jan 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
I've been in many PT's that most protranser buyup traps, all the melee buyup +atp +acc booster and the forces use +technic booster items.

Course with the PC/PS2 economy the average person can afford to use traps and such to make the average run for an S rank mission under 20min

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2006-12-31 08:51, AC9breaker wrote:
Haha, the other day on PC/PS2 Merumeru,Panzer_Unit, Rizen, Myself and 2 others almost had a full Protranser squad. But poor Rizen changed into Guntecher inorder to be our MANE HEELZ! Not liked we needed it much anyway, haha.

XD yah would have been awesome making a fireworks display or mushroom cloud with all the traps we could have set off >3 XD i still owe Rizen some PT leveling too!

Traps = expensive

I can't say for everywhere as lately, ive been raping Lab S, but traps + Jarbas = OMG-ITS-ALMOST-DEAD-YAY-X3...and since guaranteed 4.5k+mesetadrops every 30min covers battle expenses, price doesnt even make me flinch (Well, G-traps do still XP)

EDIT- and economy, schmeconomy, i hardly ever deal with hacked meseta, player shops or the ilk, its just how you play the game that puts the money in your pocket XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2007-01-02 07:34 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Not that I see a lot of Guntechers, either. In most cases, I feel like a Tigger (like I'm the only one).

Still, I'm now around level 41, and I'm about 64% towards a Level 3 Guntecher. Now that I'm starting to max out some of my Technics, and my Bullets are crossing over level 21+ (a couple at 23); I'm seeing some true potential of the class come through. Still, it's some hard work. I've seen plenty of monsters that seem so resistant to status ailments that it seems you really need those bullets up at 30 to affect them. Right now, my freeze and Silence bullets are at the 23+ level.

The good news is that I'm still seeing my ATA and TP rise decently with each level up. I'm starting to eye some of those Class A single-handed wands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-02 07:50 ]</font>

etlitch
Jan 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
If there's any "skilled/speedrun/hardcore" parties on Xbox360 at all, they're going to need a PT, cause I can't seem to figure out any way to clear Onma S faster than with viral trap Gs.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 10:58 AM
At rank 5, I've finally got 4 bullets at 21+... fire & ice on both bow and shotgun, thanks to Valley/Mine, then Mizuraki, and then those stupid Jarbas being the major targets recently. It sucks to take a back-seat in combat and just run around silencing stuff to level my Diga bullets, but I really should so I'm good at it when I need to be.

GunTechers aren't common. I only know two off the top of my head.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
I don't think people will refuse them (some will, but ignore them). I just think people are just too (quick fix minded) to be one. Similar to Guntechers, where their potential takes a little time to get to, and until then, they're useful but with some high level of playing. A lot of people don't want to think that much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I never think of Guntechers as taking the backseat in combat any more than a Ranger. I tend to look at them as very useful support characters in combat. We make things easier for hunters and forces. For forces, we act as *backup* technic chuckers to help them conserve their PP. For Hunters, primary status ailment, and another healer on the battlefield. (the funny thing is, we've got pretty nice damage with single-handed melee weapons, but it's not too smart, to hang inside, given our defense and hitpoints)

The choice of these kind of things are so that you act as a versatile player, who can and must change roles as quickly as the flow of battle changes. To fill whatever current void is there. So more or less, we can *complete* a variety of parties more than anyone. Just that we can't take the obvious credit in any one thing. It's good enough to know that we do help a party kick butt. Such is the plight of all these *combo* non-forte expert classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-02 08:10 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
Protranser takes a _lot_ of work to meet requirements for compared to FiGunner (the other balanced melee/range class) and even after that the first couple days at rank 1 and how hard you've gotta struggle for that convinced my brother to quit PT in favor of fF. I _nearly_ went ForteGunner after two days of totally sucking, but held on just long enough to get addicted to having both a proper sword and a bow.

The best balance between money and making use of PT class advantages seems to be staying fully-stocked on Virus G traps and using 'em when you can get a good multi-hit or for taking HUGE bite out of those really nasty mobs you can't burn with plain old shooting. When you've got multiple PT's (or other classes willing to use traps) and everyone buys/uses a few, then you can shave a LOT of time off of missions.

EDIT: seriously it's too bad even on PS2/PC that we're so rare. Every party I've been in with multiple PT's has been stupidly effective, 'cause you can count on those guys to lend a hand with support instead of just kicking one mob all around the room and ignoring the rest of the battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-02 08:26 ]</font>

Ri0T
Jan 3, 2007, 12:48 PM
If you are trying out a new ProTranser, I really wouldn't go about buying and using traps in every mission. Use them if you want the practice, but I wouldn't use 'em all the time in the beginning unless you are crazy rich. It's hard enough leveling Protranser levels at the beginning, watching all of your hard-earned meseta spill out at the same time can be very disheartening.

Try not to worry about what people think of you when you don't use your traps. No one really knows how hard a ProTranser is to level unless they've actually tried the class. I was in shock after I switched... and i thought everyone was exaggerating about it. It was far worse than what I had imagined.

Thrash777
Jan 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
I plan on making a Human PT, but that'll be my fourth character, so it's a long way off...