PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU love about PSU?

lopedo
Jan 1, 2007, 01:40 AM
Topic.

For me, I love the (mostly) sane community. Coming off from a whole lot of FPS games, it feels VERY good to have (most) of the community be layed back, versus always talking smack.

The melle combat sysmte. Slash, slash, slash! Fun!

The lack of early content. While most will quit, the ones that don't will make the community that much better. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, well, that goes for the game, too.

Rappys! The chickens make the game for me, and I've only seen them once! (Sorry, just love the little chickens.)

VanHalen
Jan 1, 2007, 01:43 AM
i love every part of it espically since i just joined network this week and i've been in dance contest, bands, raging animal one hit ko attacks, and meeting new people

Gojin
Jan 1, 2007, 01:54 AM
all the hot loli looking chicks running around in short skirts

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 1, 2007, 02:12 AM
I certainly like most of the people I meet. It's not like FPS games Like Counter Strike Where everyone goes about calling one another "noobs" (well... at least not too many people say that >.>) or go... BOOM HEAD SHOT! >.>;;

Jedah
Jan 1, 2007, 02:15 AM
On 2006-12-31 23:12, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I certainly like most of the people I meet. It's not like FPS games Like Counter Strike Where everyone goes BOOM HEAD SHOT! >.>;;
You've been hangin with the wrong Casts. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 02:17 AM
Almost everything.

Genji
Jan 1, 2007, 02:21 AM
I honestly love the new challenge. I think my most favorite features in PSU are the new character creation and Photon Arts systems and clothes.

Though grinding is a pain, it's a core part of many MMORPGs and often I don't mind it. I think I spent around 2-3 weeks fighting nothing but Tollaws attempting to get a 1975 Agito. I think I also spent several days trying to make a Hildetor appear to try and get a Heaven's Punisher. In case you're wondering, I never got either one.

PSU is the pretty much my first time online. Last time I was online was on PSO v1. I think I was on for like 30mins over at a friend's house, and in that time I got like several possibily duped items from a complete stranger (namely a Lavis Cannon). I still have that Lavis Cannon to this day on my VMU.

I'm enjoying myself so far, first day online turned out to be pretty awesome (participated in the PSOW meet on the 30th) and met some pretty awesome people.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I really miss the old PSO Character Creation song (I usually end up humming it)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2006-12-31 23:35 ]</font>

WrathOfMegid
Jan 1, 2007, 02:22 AM
I love the weapons! God, it is so cool to not be forced to use generic and crappy looking weapons for even the early parts of the game. The daggers look cool, no matter which manufacturer they come from, and the Tenora swords rock the single edge. Not to mention the different elements change the color of the photon edges. In extra mode, you can even buy stamina-boosting slot items that have cool visuals, like Black Heart. Creepy black vapor and a black-vested force make an awesome combination.

PS: 100th post. Yay!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WrathOfMegid on 2006-12-31 23:24 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 1, 2007, 02:52 AM
I love the choices and variety, and unlike most games, being able to change at anytime. See with something like WoW, you're stuck with what you pick for the most part. Here... I can train as a beast figunner, then randomly change to like, a fortetecher. Maybe beast is bad for force... but I can still do it if I want to

THE JACKEL

PJ
Jan 1, 2007, 03:03 AM
Synthesis.

What? It's fucking fun.

And the combat system is awesome If there was a button for blocking attacks, then it'd be the perfect integration of fighting into RPG (And set up very nicely for a Battle Mode)

DoubleJG
Jan 1, 2007, 03:28 AM
Strafing and camera rotation. Oh, and the fact no ONE weapon class is superior like how Mechs were in PSO.

Gulkeeva
Jan 1, 2007, 03:52 AM
The female chest bouncyness while running

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 03:53 AM
It's "pick up and play". I love that. I can take any amount of time off whatsoever, and suddenly decide to log on, without having to remember what I was doing when I quit.

I can jump in and play over my lunch hour, and actually accomplish something, instead of having to schedule a several hour block to make sure it isn't pointless.

Wiseduck
Jan 1, 2007, 04:01 AM
Most importantly, firing my layzahs.

secondly. I enjoy the boss battles http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I love those quick cutscenes leading up to a boss fight. What can I say? Makes you feel like you're doing something important! Also, there's nothing better than a good hack n' slash with numerous weapons/skills/techs to use.

icewyrm
Jan 1, 2007, 09:18 AM
I like how it feels pretty much like a co-op beat em up, with a dash of RPG thrown in. The kind of arcadey gameplay you'd expect from sega XD

Kirip-san
Jan 1, 2007, 09:21 AM
+My cute character
+Requires actual skill compared to most MMORPGs, I'm looking at you, FFXI~nyo.
+TWIN SABERS
+Pick up and play
+Time-friendly
+Hawt PAs
+Interesting community
+Hanging out in rooms
+Wonderful character creation
Some more...but I can't remember right now~nyo.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 09:23 AM
Jumping into any game, any time and being able to get good exp. I didn't like the 4 hour look for party games that much.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 09:45 AM
I think its totally awesome, I like how you can choose any possible race, gender, and class combo, and none of the race/gender/type combos suck either. Also, you can be whatever race/gender/type combo and wear whatever you want, like a human hunter can wear neudaiz clothes and a newman force can wear moatoob clothes. I didn't like the way that newman forces dressed in PSO, at least now they can look normal, and they don't have silly poses in this game either. What else, I also love how Sega really gave us Hunters the love that we were denied in PSO, especially with Photon Arts, the closest thing we had to that in PSO were the heavy attacks which can also be used with guns too, which didn't make sense.

Gojin
Jan 1, 2007, 10:21 AM
beast foretecher sucks

Dhylec
Jan 1, 2007, 10:44 AM
I loved PSO, PSU is just a notch better in about everything.

Reystradamus
Jan 1, 2007, 10:55 AM
so far...I LIKE EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME

TangledWeb3917
Jan 1, 2007, 11:16 AM
I love the online community ... what can I say there's nothing quite like lvl'ing-up with a bunch of cool cats online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ParableApple
Jan 1, 2007, 11:23 AM
Love the hack and slash style of gameplay. It's more...involving? than most RPGs.
and the addictiveness of trying to get money, new weapons, and the room decorations.
basically it's PSO, but more. Which is pretty much all I could want!

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2006-12-31 22:54, Gojin wrote:
all the hot loli looking chicks running around in short skirts

Agreed.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 1, 2007, 12:29 PM
I really liked the chatting. Except for the lack of a /whisper function and the ever-classic Sega Censor, the game seriously ruled at talking with people. Cut-in chat added so much of the emotion that almost always seems to be missing from online chatting.

foamcup
Jan 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
I don't know, I liked it at first, now it just seems to be a drag to play. Maybe it's because my Fortetecher is taking so long to develop. Of course, now it takes longer since I only run maybe one mission a day before I get horribly bored and go play Zelda or Final Fantasy 3.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-01-01 07:21, Gojin wrote:
beast foretecher sucks

well, I can say that Newman Hunters don't suck, so I would have assumed that Beast or CAST Fortetechers won't suck either.

HiKeRI
Jan 1, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-01-01 06:21, Kirip-san wrote:
+My cute character
+Requires actual skill compared to most MMORPGs.
+TWIN SABERS
+Pick up and play
+Time-friendly
+Hawt PAs
+Interesting community
+Hanging out in rooms
+Wonderful character creation
Some more...but I can't remember right now~nyo.

I'd agree with everything you said but this one fails, all i seen so far is PA's PA's PA's dodge PA's thats not skill there.

And on topic, so far i like how areas are designed, maybe not memorable but there shiny and cute.

rvzero
Jan 1, 2007, 12:53 PM
Loved PSO so much, love PSU even more. It's the best MMORPG out there! You can actually look unique from the beginning unlike in other mmo's where you have to be lvl 40+ to have a decent looking armor... talking 'bout armors I wish humans could get some cold steel armors and casts some more cloth-like parts... =D

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-01-01 09:53, rvzero wrote:
Loved PSO so much, love PSU even more. It's the best MMORPG out there! You can actually look unique from the beginning unlike in other mmo's where you have to be lvl 40+ to have a decent looking armor... talking 'bout armors I wish humans could get some cold steel armors and casts some more cloth-like parts... =D

no, you can't, unless its your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th character who is burrowing money from your 1st, because when I started, my human hunter was wearing the same exact thing that all of the other hunters were wearing, you know, that seyagya vest and those kusatarika pants. Hell, when people start, you only get 3 options for options, not including the colors so everyone might look pretty similar at the start.

Merumeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
XD love the awesome community, even the dumbasses are entertaining once in a while, the fact that my character is, for the most part, tailored exactly to how ive always wanted to look X3 and most of all, THE GAMEPLAY. I have not ever grinded in any other MMORPG more than this one and I think its just due to the fact that its button-mashing as opposed to point-and-click X3