PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes...More Nanoblast Discussion.

XCOPY
Jan 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
I can't help myself, this is my favorite component of the PSU experience...it and the beast characters are the most interesting to me....

-What is your opinion on each form? I think they did a reasonable job of balancing them, but Power and Defense are the most beneficial, in my opinion....and that's a close tie for the top spot. I'm thinking Power may be the better choice later on, after you get the best armor...then you'd have the best of both worlds there. Early on, Defense seems like the better choice. Again...all my opinion here. I'm at level 36 now, still debating whether or not to switch out to Power. It's tough because I love being basically invincible to physical attacks...even a critical attack from some monsters will only do single points of damage to me. haha...and that's even further negated by the fact that I have a Me/HP Restore item on. It's fun. I'm still not sure why someone would go for "Zeed Val" though. Accuracy doesn't seem like such a crucial stat to be super-charged, unless your primary concern is fighting bees...and that isn't frequent enough to be really that important.

What If?s/Theoreticals:
-and of course...the "who would win?" question. Battle Royale, Power vs. Defense, vs. Speed/Accuracy vs. Invincible. Invincible automatically loses since it only has half the time to work with. If Zeed Val really did have the super speed, I'd say it would have the edge over the rest of them. It's too bad Zeed doesn't actually have super speed in terms of a real gameplay situation...otherwise it would be much more of a popular choice..

-What if the beast form was dependent on how your character looks in his/her regular form? For example...a beast with green hair would have green hair after the transformation...they could still keep the same color aura or body markings to signify which type it is... I probably would've preferred this.

-And...what if they introduced another form...like a green Beast that caused status ailments with his hits? Or...one that had an insane defense specifically against magical attacks?(but still susceptible to physical attacks....the opposite of Boggo Val.)

...ehhh...long post there. Discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-01 08:55 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
The popularity of Zeed Val isn't so much in the accuracy boost (although that's very valuable, given that Beasts have the worst accuracy in the game), it's also in the amazing evasion boost. Most of the time I see a Zeed Val Beast in action, they don't take a single point of damage the whole blast, given that they evade everything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

McLaughlin
Jan 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-01-01 08:53, XCOPY wrote:
And...what if they introduced another form...like a green Beast that caused status ailments with his hits? Or...one that had an insane defense specifically against magical attacks?(but still susceptible to physical attacks....the opposite of Boggo Val.)

...ehhh...long post there. Discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-01 08:55 ]</font>

That'd be broken. And like Remedy said, Zeed is popular for its Evasion boost. The Accuracy is just a bonus.

And why does Invincibility automatically lose? It could just stand there while the other Three forms beat the hell out of each other. And since it wears off first, it can heal itself while the others can't, and that Beast would also have access to Firearms, keeping it out of harms way.

XCOPY
Jan 1, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ah, but I was referring to the beast forms in particular...in terms of battle. I wasn't thinking of the normal, more humanoid form after the blast wore off. Besides, Vande Val after transformation still wouldn't be able to hit Zeed(again, assuming its super speed was for real), and would barely hurt Boggo at all...and one or two shots from Adaka would destroy that non-transformed chump, heh. Actually, he would be even more threatened by Defense beast, as "Boggo" could just run over, absorbing the shots(all or most throwing up nothing but 0s), not flinching at all...and what would a non-transformed beast be able to do against this? Remember, it is extremely unlikely Boggo will be knocked back or flipped up by something, especially if that something is of similar or lower level.
----
Also, aren't you temporarily unable to attack while "evading" anyway? I'm fairly sure it's still the same thing in PSU, where the auto-block evade interrupts your attack. Meanwhile, Defense is dishing out a smooth flow of combos...no flinching, very few auto-block animations to stall you. This brings up that age old PSO debate--"high defense vs. high evasion"....ah yes...good memories there...good times.

I suppose the status effect beast form idea is rather pointless...as they're all so powerful...most normal enemies tend to die too quickly for a status effect to matter that much. It would still be interesting to see this in action...along with a form that had a super tech resistance factor(perfect counter to the most dangerous things in the game---high level ice and megid).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-01 10:48 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
Hell, I chose Zeed to match my blonde hair, but I love the way it works. Very good for often-soloing people like me, you don't have top rely on other people with resta/star att.

Superlooper5
Jan 2, 2007, 03:25 AM
Zeed Val Any day Evasion = Pretty Much Invincible
+ Accuracy=Never Miss
Alltogether=Nanoblasting Bliss ^_^

Alisha
Jan 2, 2007, 03:36 AM
invincibilityblast is kinda useless when you could just use boggo val

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 2, 2007, 03:39 AM
I think a high resitance Nano would be good, but the idea is that beasts have nothing to do with Magic/Technics, raw power

THE JACKEL

Hustler_One
Jan 2, 2007, 03:44 AM
I honestly, for the life of me, cannot see why Zeed Val is popular.

The accuaracy boost is pointless, I maybe miss one in 30 attacks with Adaka Val, and do a WHOLE LOT MORE (read, maybe 200-300 more per hit. Possibly more.) And the fairy tale that your evasion will make you unstoppable is BS, as a 30 beast Figunner, with Zeed Val, is was getting hit maybe 3/5 shots by lvl 15 mobs. That does not impress me.

Boggo Val is ok, but suffers again from much lower damage than Adaka, but the physical defense increase is astounding. I was rather impressed with the pathetically low damage that even bosses were doing while I nanoblasted. The only problem is the fact that it does nothing for magic. Anything that uses spells will still decemate beasts with there low mental strength.

Vande Val im not sure. I havent gotten a chance to try this one, so ill hold judgement.

Adaka Val is my favorite, and I really dont care what people say. If you dont just run around like a maniac flailing around, you can keep yourself up, if you use the heavy attack it knocks stuff flying, or over, and does hellacious damage. The only bad thing about this form is it gets no increase in survivability. However with a force to heal, or if you just PLAY SMART then you will be fine, and kick major ass while your running around as a big pink fuzzball.

Thats my 2 cents.

SabZero
Jan 2, 2007, 05:24 AM
My beast just got her blast badge - accuracy. I find it a bit hard to aim http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Is the attack animation/moves the same for all badges?

Remedy
Jan 2, 2007, 05:58 AM
On 2007-01-02 00:36, Alisha wrote:
invincibilityblast is kinda useless when you could just use boggo valIncorrect, given that Boggo Val will not save your ass versus Megid - Invincibility (whatever that is) will.

MegaBUD
Jan 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
solo -> inviciblity
team -> the big red one!

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 2, 2007, 06:34 AM
they say if you nano blast too often you will go blind.

ZiG
Jan 2, 2007, 07:11 AM
Nanoblasting solo too much will give you hairy palms...

Cry0
Jan 2, 2007, 08:06 AM
I hate people who keep on downing the blue beast. I mean, nothing is more idiotic then changing into a beast, to be killed 2 seconds later. Also, imho, if you change into a beast, that means carnage is about to unfold. and i cant carn good, if i have to watch my hp. also, the blue color rocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Neith
Jan 2, 2007, 08:13 AM
Boggo Val's my favourite by far.
- Virtually immune to any melee mob in the game (I'm lv52, I take hardly any damage from Lv60+ mobs)
- I hate how people criticise it's damage- I still deal 400-600 a hit, critical hit landing arund 900. Sure, it's not Adaka Val damage, but I'd rather deal high damage and not worry about enemy mobs much, than deal twice that and get served (which Ive seen most Adaka Val beasts suffer)

Zeed Val is alright, though it seems a bit useless at lower level. Vande Val is great- but doesn't last long enough to really do anything.

The only downside I can see with Boggo Val is the fact I still get owned by techs- not good when Vanda Merhas get thrown into the mix. Still, that's what the heavy attack is for- they can't fling Diga when they're sailing through the air..

Alisha
Jan 2, 2007, 08:36 AM
On 2007-01-02 02:58, Remedy wrote:

invincibilityblast is kinda useless when you could just use boggo valIncorrect, given that Boggo Val will not save your ass versus Megid - Invincibility (whatever that is) will.

fail.
instant incapacitation is a status effect and therefore cannot kill any beast form.

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
I cant remember all the names right now, so Ill refer to color.

1) Blue is my favorite. Invincibility...HELLO? Besides, I wanted blue BEFORE I knew what it could do. Seriously.

2) Ive seen red so Ill try that last. Not like my Beast NEEDS more power, but, sure, I bet it will be a bit of a boost.

3) Ive tried purple. Not bad.

4) I think the last one is green or yellow. Havent gotten my meter full with this badge on so I cant comment on it yet. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can recomment on it.

Id have to say that overall, blue works best. You can just go apes--- & not worry about attacks. The time difference is minimal compared to the others, so really it comes down to whats your favorite color?

I will admit that if youre doing a quest solo (I usually play offline with teammates), the form you choose may help out. Still, for 30 seconds, just choose whichever you like. Thats all it really comes down to.

FATalicious
Jan 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
i just got my beast to lvl 32 on extra mode and for some reason on that mode u cant buy the SUV weapons or the tattoos for the beasts and bots. Im wondering if u have to get those tattos on missions with an S-rank? Its the same for the SUV weps, u cant get the weapons offline without getting S-rank on certain missions. So does anyone know if its the same for Nanoblasts?

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
Adaka Val until my dreamy green beast comes out XP

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
That's strange. I had no trouble buying them in Extra Mode. I've even been able to sample tatoos, in Extra Mode, all the time. Just make sure you have gotten far enough in Story Mode to unlock them. You have to play past the Story Mode parts that unlock the tatoos and SUVs, so you can use them in Extra Mode.

My 2nd up-n-coming character, Mufonna, is being tested on Extra Mode and I've switched tatoos to find the one I want for her.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the defense tatoo. It's not invincibility, but the high damage reduction plus it's long lasting time is really nice stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-02 11:57 ]</font>

Holo
Jan 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
In a showdown between the beast......

Red would die first due to lack of defense, purple wont take much damage from red, red would miss yellow, and blue wont take anything.Not to hate on red but you all know its true.

Im guessing if the yellow evasion is good then purple would be closest or dead next seeing as how it still takes some damage (especially the huge damage from beast)

Blue wouldnt be touched but it all depends if blue can actually kill yellow due to its evasion and yellow cant kill blue because he cant die.

In my opinion Red would die for sure so it would either be a 3 way tie between purple blue and yellow or a tie between yellow and blue.

Each beast has its use though

Red is great in a party with a fo cause you can do mass damage wihtout dying though without a fo your dead

Purple and yellow would be better in parties cause they can still die though im pretty sure they can solo decently

Blue solo's amazing causeit cant die and isnt dependent although its time is limited.

Gen2000
Jan 2, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-01-02 05:36, Alisha wrote:

On 2007-01-02 02:58, Remedy wrote:

fail.
instant incapacitation is a status effect and therefore cannot kill any beast form.

I thought that too but Megid can kill Nanoblast Beasts. One of the reasons I stop using it vs. the Jarba Four Squad on Lab Rec S runs, it's too risky especially since NBed Beasts are BIGGER targets..so the ball of death will like tag your foot or something while you trying to run away to dodge it.

Megid Dying while in Beast Form is like the ultimate fail...looks so pitiful.

Nanoblast Beast: RAWR! SMASH! DIE!
Jarba: *uses Megid*
NB'D Beast: X_X
*Rest of Party Members laughs at your Megid dying ass* "Some use he was..."

CyarVictor
Jan 2, 2007, 04:14 PM
Well watching my friend use all forms, the problem with the Evasion beast is that you are evading. You are blocking more than you can hit especially when fighting high dps enemies such as Kogg Noggs. The Defence one, which he's been since lv25, takes barely if most of the time no damage, still does a can of damage. My other two beast buddies use the red ones for purely pounding enemies especially bosses dead. They do take alot of damage fast so it's wise for me to use stars on em since I'm a cast fortefighter. We do have the occasional fortetecher or wartecher with us. I know a few who use the invincibilty beast, good damage still and takes no damage or instant death from megid. you can't heal em though and short life span for the beast form. It pretty much would come down to how you want to play really.

Oh and to the post before me: I'd bet your team would then laugh at you dying by megid too. No one is invincible to megid except invincibilty beast or a cast using a SUV.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-01-02 13:17 ]</font>

Gen2000
Jan 2, 2007, 04:33 PM
The whole situation posted above was the fact that when someone uses Nanoblast it's easy to get overconfident in their ass-kicking ability which can be easily shut down by a group of Megid spitting Jarbas.

It wasn't about being oversensitive and not wanting someone to laugh at your Megid death.

CyarVictor
Jan 2, 2007, 04:35 PM
Well it is funny to see that happen now that you speak of it, same myself trying to use a SUV and dying before it happens. My bad for misunderstanding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-01-02 13:36 ]</font>

Gen2000
Jan 2, 2007, 04:40 PM
No problem.

Candor
Jan 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
I love Zeed, defensive and offensive boost. If you doubt evasions usefulness then go run up to a Bil de Vear as it's spinning, i'll dodge all but about 2 of the hits. Now i'm not sure, but if you evade a tech is there still a chance you can get a SE? if not then Zeed is one that give protection against megid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-01-02 15:11 ]</font>

XCOPY
Jan 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
I don't think Beasts can get a status effect...at least I've never been the victim of that...I've never been frozen, burned, shocked, Jellened, or paralyzed...or whatever else in that form. It's interesting, btw...that the transformation can "cure" certain status conditions. Unfortunately no such luck for paralysis or freeze though. That would be awesome if you could just bust out of ice or paralysis with beast form.

CyarVictor mentioned what I was getting at earlier with Evasion/Accuracy form. Those block animations unfortunately get in the way of your attacks, thus it is limiting your total damage output. Boggo doesn't have this problem, and can just hit things for the entire time....constant, uninterrupted beatdown.

OdinTyler---time difference is minimal for Vande? Half the time of all other forms isn't "minimal", imo. Unfortunately, this had to be the case though...otherwise, Vande Val would've been the obvious choice. They had to come up with something to balance off the fact that it's completely invincible. I could definitely see the point though if you frequent areas with lots of megid-loving monsters. Boggo still has to worry about magical attacks.(heh, even still...I happen to have fire resistance on my armor, and the forms do work with your armour so...I at least don't have to worry much about fire element. Oh and yeah...even the bosses can't hurt me that much when transformed. It's great.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-02 18:43 ]</font>

Alisha
Jan 2, 2007, 11:17 PM
it could just be that nanobeasts are immune to status effects that give you a symbol. wich i think would only exclude megid and sleep,but i dont know of any monster that can sleep you. still if you get hit by megid in beast form you probally need to learn to play smarter. for example in linear line i would only nanoblast to fight seed vance/vitace. also the yellow blast doesnt it attack and move faster? i still stand by my opinion that invincibility blows. i would only consider using it for the second form of dulk fakis if i was to low in level to survive the giant meteor attack.

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 2, 2007, 11:34 PM
not sure but when I read "blue beast" that just struck me as a good name for a drink.

next time im bartending ill have to make a drink and name it the blue beast as a tribute to psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

XHunter
Jan 3, 2007, 01:13 AM
Zeed val is where i stand.
....they say the Adaka val can do more damage...but at lvl 60 i've transformed with a power, invinc, and myself being the speed...(all of this fighting an onimaugo...blah...
Ok....Power of course was doing the crazy dmg of like 700-800 per hit....(on targets not bosses 1K dmg)
and pretty much absorbing the full blow of a hit...
Invincibilty was doing 400-500dmg and of course not taking any damage...
Speed 400-500 dmg.....and taking least amount of damage and blocking some attacks....
but at lvl 60 there is a great noticable difference between the speeds of attack you can practically do 1 and about 3/4ths of a full combo before a power beast can pull off 1 full combo.
also i think the power beast is a tad slower then the defense and invinc. beasts...in attacking..i'd have to recheck on that one.

Then again in the end i'm not to sure how these transformations would connect with your job...

Aarokh
Jan 3, 2007, 01:54 AM
Red form owns, And if you watch out from where you're attacking, you won't die.
I am level 40 at the moment and didn't die once while in beast form. Not even De Ragan B managed to kill me on my latest runs without a FO. You just gotta know where to position and attack him.

Speed 400-500 dmg.....and taking least amount of damage and blocking some attacks....
but at lvl 60 there is a great noticable difference between the speeds of attack you can practically do 1 and about 3/4ths of a full combo before a power beast can pull off 1 full combo.
I might switch when I reach that point, but until then I probably keep Power Form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aarokh on 2007-01-02 22:56 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 3, 2007, 02:36 AM
"not even de ragon B" .... lol your not even 1/2 into the game yet C/B mode is a absolute joke A mode is quite abit harder, and just wait untill you get to S rank mode.

Alot of times its just watching what your doing, but say S rank mode where mobs move very fast and kill you in 2 hits... you may change your mind.

I dont mind if you die, just have some scapes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PaladinRPG
Jan 3, 2007, 03:26 AM
I use Zeed Val form, and I'm fairly sure that it has a slight speed edge over other beast forms. This combined with the EVP boost makes it my favorite for general use in a variety of situations, both high level party and mid-range soloing.

FATalicious
Jan 3, 2007, 03:32 AM
ive been to all the shops looking for nanoblasts and cant find them, ive beaten story mode but havnt encountered the suv weps or tattos in story mode yet or never will. some reason i cant buy either, i have to earn them on missons with s-rank or no go. im trying to figure this out.

Krupp
Jan 3, 2007, 04:08 AM
the nanoblasts tattoos are found at the estee shop 3rd floor of the colony where you get makeovers and such!

omegapirate2k
Jan 3, 2007, 04:24 AM
I use the Zeed Val, I never really gave any thought to any of the others, I like the ATA and EVP boosts mainly because I want higher ATA and EVP for my char in general, and the Zeed Val does all those things. And being able to lay waste to the bees is a nice bonus XD

Although the blue beast hands down looks the coolest in my opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-01-03 01:24 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 3, 2007, 04:30 AM
I use invincibility - as my first character, I was not sure just what enemies would be doing for damage, and since you cannot use Healing items Invincibility seemed safest.

Now that I am a bit higher level/more experienced...I think I'd still pick Invincibility. There is a noteable damage increase (not as high power beast, but it is there), and immunity from evade stun lock, megids, or anything else I might not anticipate (like getting brata'd to death with an "unfortunate" spawn).

However, I DO see the value in both Evade beast, if you have trouble hitting, or Power Beast referring to the old addage "the best defense is a good offense"

I think Beast Wartecher = Evade beast
I think Beast Figunner = Power Beast

Akaimizu
Jan 3, 2007, 10:01 AM
Is the Invincibility form also the only form in which teammates can't heal you, during the time interval? I haven't tested the others, but defense may also have the advantage of allowing heals. Of course, Megid is bad, but then that would just mean using the Nanoblast for certain situations and not for others.

OdinTyler
Jan 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
Well, the blue form is invincible. Just watch your meter & before you change back, get near someone who can heal you (if your HP is low). Ive tried now all 5 forms & I gotta say: blue & red work best. With red you do get a bit of an attack boost & blue...invincible is obvious. As for the others, theyre OK to look at (I wouldve prefered a green color instead of yellow). Really, it depends what your Beast's type is. If youre at the forefront: blue/red. If youre a Force, I think purple is the one (thats the defense one, right?)

FATalicious
Jan 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
the makeover shop!! i would have never thought of that place....

Nani-chan
Jan 3, 2007, 06:24 PM
I'm starting to wonder if red is not best as wt, my base atp is like 290 at lvl 40. I see hunters doing +100 in their red form over me.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 3, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-01-03 15:24, Nani-chan wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if red is not best as wt, my base atp is like 290 at lvl 40. I see hunters doing +100 in their red form over me.

Nano form damage is tied directly to ATP. So, if you are a wartecher, you will not do as much damage as a Fortefighter

Randomness
Jan 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-01-02 20:17, Alisha wrote:
it could just be that nanobeasts are immune to status effects that give you a symbol. wich i think would only exclude megid and sleep,but i dont know of any monster that can sleep you. still if you get hit by megid in beast form you probally need to learn to play smarter. for example in linear line i would only nanoblast to fight seed vance/vitace. also the yellow blast doesnt it attack and move faster? i still stand by my opinion that invincibility blows. i would only consider using it for the second form of dulk fakis if i was to low in level to survive the giant meteor attack.

Well, that would be a use for it. Does the meteor attack check against DFP or MST? If the former, you'll NEVER see any fortechers there, lol.

As for status, I think the Onma/Dimma purble blobby things affect them, not sure though.

XCOPY
Jan 3, 2007, 07:55 PM
^yep...unfortunately, that's embarrasing and true. That "purple stuff"(next to the Sunny D?) that comes up from the ground can hold a transformed beast in place for awhile, just like any other character. It's stupid, imo...but it's there.

In real life, Zeed Val form would be awesome...assuming it would be the real description of super speed + the "average" super strength of the beast form.

*on another note, the range on any form's hits is surprisingly good...I regularly hit things that seem like they should be out of reach. The beasts are just too good. In the PSOs, I typically preferred force type characters, but here....these characters are just too fun. I still have other ideas for beast characters I haven't made yet, such as Lion-O from Thundercats.(Panthro would interesting, but Sega seems to have something against bald characters. They've never let us have that option.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-03 16:55 ]</font>

Candor
Jan 3, 2007, 10:46 PM
You know what'd make a great addition to beast forms? Grabbing onto a flying opponent as it soars over your head and out of range -_-

That's be so cool for the dragon, hop on it's back when he rears up and continue the pounding in the air.

rush340
Jan 3, 2007, 11:35 PM
I play invincibility. I find it funny that a lot of people have to ask what the blue one is when I nanoblast. It definitely seems to be the least popular, but I like it

OdinTyler
Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
I agree rush. I think yellow would be the most popular (Saiyan & all). But, everyone should try every form at least once. I decided on blue long ago (& prayed that male & female could get whatever color they wanted). So far, my Beast's been a pure Hunter so his ATP is ridiculous! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Blue definitely works here & since I solo the most with him than any of my other chars, its fun to pull off & wreck a circle of monsters around me & growling for more...heheheheh...