PDA

View Full Version : Soloing isn't too bad according to my dad...

Ryogen
Jan 1, 2007, 12:48 PM
Since from the start my dad has been soloing online "Cool Breeze" and I'm quite suprised he has now passed my level of 38 by 42. He jumped up 3 levels in one day by soloing. Not only that he gets items for me too which is really cool, but he often complains that becuase I'm "trying" to raise his range on his PM...but I don't give him much items. This guy has to be the luckiest person yet he won't give me the good stuff.

I remember when some people said that you have to have a party in PSU, yet from my dad's experience, it's not true. He made a huge leap and got many items from soloing.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 1, 2007, 12:55 PM
I solo on my own time when I dont have anyone online. If I do get some people online, I call out to them so we can do Onma S.

Soloing is easy, but you have to take the measure of the time it takes to complete a goal. If it's too long, you're probably wasting time in that area.

I think the most efficient place to solo is Mad Creatures S since you can have an efficient 20 minutes and gain good rare drops such as Goldania, Vulcaline, and even get a PA fragment.

-Crokar-
Jan 1, 2007, 01:03 PM
i solod the first month and a half only recently have i started to party. found the best stuff i have while soloing

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
Usually solo 1-15 before i start partying with others. And i've been trioing A missions lately for items with NPC's.

Merumeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:07 PM
XD i never solo, maybe there arent any items i wanna hoard yet, and ive never been so dying for meseta that i cant take a cut XP besides, people make it more fun and increase the longevity IMHO

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:20 PM
Bah sorry, I take that back. That was too mean. But I havent' been a smartass for the new year yet. ~_~;

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
Ronzeru, go back to ffxi and go lfp on your drg.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:31 PM
lmao wtf are you. Go back to KI bitch.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
You should go back to KI with your reject of a linkshell.

Nani-chan
Jan 1, 2007, 02:43 PM
Go camp Serket with 50 other linkshells, window opens in 5 mins. Hurry!!!!!

I like to solo sometimes too. Sometimes instead of playing with jerks and dicks; it's more fun to play with yourself on occasion.

(yes the innuendo was on purpose)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-01-01 11:44 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 02:44 PM
If you're immune to Megid solo Linear Line. I made a million in just half an hour. <3

Nani-chan
Jan 1, 2007, 02:48 PM
Sure but on the Pc/ps2 meseta is more inflated then the peso! just kidding http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Srank soloing sounds awesome.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-01-01 11:32, Careful wrote:
You should go back to KI with your reject of a linkshell.

Pinnacle owns your face.

nefarious
Jan 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
lol@Serket

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
Soloing? That's a HILARIOUS concept for a newman guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I hate soloing but what I hate more is when people make locked games as thye solo >_>;

Whatever happened to fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Umberger
Jan 1, 2007, 03:16 PM
I usually solo, but the one night I chose to leave my party open, I regretted it.

Nothing is more annoying than seeing some level 60 come into your party and get a Vulcaline and Cladorian, while you get 2 Kerselines. =(

Candor
Jan 1, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-01-01 12:05, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:
I hate soloing but what I hate more is when people make locked games as thye solo >_>;

Whatever happened to fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

maybe they find soloing fun

I like to solo every once in awhile, go at my own pace. Late at night especially, i'm too tired to get in a group and spam S ranks -_-

Spacepest
Jan 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
I solo alot as well, but then again about 90% of the time I can't get online until really late...like after 10pm my time.

Besides my playing time, there are other reasons I solo--some days I'm just not in the mood to deal with other asshats. And other days I just want to have my PM in a party so she can get experience and level up, and not have to listen to people bitch, "you need to kick your PM from the party cuz she might die!" (and often same said person dieing in the middle of the game without a scape, ruining the rank, while my PM is still left standing).

aceccc
Jan 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
Play offline if you want to solo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
I'm paying to solo, so be quiet.

nefarious
Jan 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:00, aceccc wrote:
Play offline if you want to solo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There'd be a min. party member requirement if you "shouldn't" be allowed to solo, in online mode.

Play the game you want to, if you pay to play it.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:04, Careful wrote:
I'm paying to solo, so be quiet.

Isn't that kinda... odd desu? Especially when you can solo for free in the offline mode desu.

PMB960
Jan 1, 2007, 04:46 PM
If I find a good board and I can easily solo the B or A rank mission where items for it drop then I will. Otherwise I like to join random parties or play with friends if they are on. I usually only solo on 3 luck days when there is an item I need although I will play S rank missions as long as they aren't give finder.

Yuicihi
Jan 1, 2007, 04:54 PM
Bleh, depends on my mood and situation if I solo.
Usually if I can't find a good party to join or if none of my friend's are on.

I have no objections againsnt soloing. It often takes more skill to do so, and you get to keep whatever's dropped.

PMB960
Jan 1, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:54, Yuicihi wrote:

...It often takes more skill to do so...

QFT. I find many people who don't solo who have no clue that you can dodge in this game they just expect their force friend to heal them all the time. I love it when I play with 1 other person and in VoC they run right up to a Vanda that is using damufoie and then proceeds to die. PSU isn't a game where you just stand still and wait for others to heal. Yes if they are there and I do get hurt it is nice that I don't need a mate but I don't count on it. Plus as a force you learn many times it is better to use a mate or star atomizer sometimes than to switch weapons.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 1, 2007, 05:07 PM
I really can't go to Neudaiz and solo sadly... this morning I went there in a party of 6 and got some great stuff. (S rank btw) I wish I could go back there and get that awesome stuff... Neu Ebons! Yeah...

Well, I can solo Mad Creatures S. Haven't found Goldania yet, but w/e.

And one last thing- sometimes going in a group can be annoying (for me) because I'm against Set in Order and Random. No offense to anyone, I can do them, but I honestly prefer Give Finder. PSO STYLE!!!!!!!!

Edit: Have any of you tried out Give Finder lately? Heck, loot all ya want. Just find a group that's willing to do it too-- one that won't be idiots when you get 2 rares in a row? OH NOEZ! 2 RARES IN A ROW! OMG ITZ MINE! GIMME NOW!! (<-- a group that's not like that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Oh, and PMB960, for the switching weapons to get to Resta, I would like to say many Forces keep Resta on all of their wands due to convenience. (I, for one, don't care about the slight bonus)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-01-01 14:12 ]</font>

Yuicihi
Jan 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:02, PMB960 wrote:

QFT. I find many people who don't solo who have no clue that you can dodge in this game they just expect their force friend to heal them all the time. I love it when I play with 1 other person and in VoC they run right up to a Vanda that is using damufoie and then proceeds to die. PSU isn't a game where you just stand still and wait for others to heal. Yes if they are there and I do get hurt it is nice that I don't need a mate but I don't count on it. Plus as a force you learn many times it is better to use a mate or star atomizer sometimes than to switch weapons.

Ah, the reason my Support Force is all but retired. I rarely got EXP due to needing to heal my party every few seconds. I usually had a Rod of some sort, while I kept 'mates for dire needs.

I do No-Heal runs sometimes, but meh.

I miss the beta...

Soukosa
Jan 1, 2007, 05:40 PM

Quite true. On RO I spent most of my time soloing on my battle priest yet I had better skill at supporting people than the full support priests that partied every moment they could. But partying also grants you skill that you can't pick up in soloign as well. So to truely do your best you'd need to do both.

On topic, I prefer soloing over partying with random people that I don't know. I just don't like being around strangers, being social anxietic and all. The getting of all of the drops is just an added bonus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif While partying may be faster, soloing is by no means slow if you know what you're doing and are already established with the game. I made a new char recently and got some help to a little into lv 8 with her and then solo'd since then. She's now lv 33 after only a little over 4 days XP

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:12, Yuicihi wrote:

Ah, the reason my Support Force is all but retired. I rarely got EXP due to needing to heal my party every few seconds. I usually had a Rod of some sort, while I kept 'mates for dire needs.

I do No-Heal runs sometimes, but meh.

I miss the beta...

What was different about the beta?

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
Your dad needs to rub some pixie luck on me, I seen how his room is decked out. >_<

Ryno
Jan 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
sometimes i dont like soloing somtimes i do like it...

---------

Soloing

good news about soloing is that i you get to take all the items and there is no one else to take it

bad news is no one is there to help and it might take a while to kill monsters...
and probably have to go to a lower ranking just incase you keep on dying alot like me..lol.. but less meseta and not so good rares..

----------
Partying up

the good news about partying up is that the time goes faster, you get to go to a higher ranking (because your teamates are there to help),more exp points and alot of meseta at the end of the mission..

the bad news is when i party up i just 75% pass some items.. because you know the people are just going to get the items really quick..lol.. like the meseta and the 4 to 6 stars items and weapons just to sell or keep..yeah..

and of course rare items are always set in order..
-----------------

thats why i sometimes like soloing and somtimes dont...lol

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 06:30 PM
Hear that? She wants your dad. Your dad is a DILF.

Ryno
Jan 1, 2007, 06:31 PM
reply back..=]

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:30, Ronzeru wrote:
Hear that? She wants your dad. Your dad is a DILF.

Huh? O_o

Magitek_X
Jan 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
Only on this forum could the term DILF be coined. >_<

Abarai-Renji
Jan 1, 2007, 07:14 PM
DILF. LOL oh man that was good.

I solo once in awhile. mostly just to get to raise some money. that and i like to flexibility to decide which missions i want to do.

uhawww
Jan 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
<3 Soloing/Partner Characters only.
Not good power leveling or fund raising
Great for maintaining sanity from time to time, listening to talk radio, enjoying coffee, you know...at your own pace.

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 09:15 PM
What the Feezy is a DILF?

Umberger
Jan 1, 2007, 09:22 PM
A dad I'd like to...have fun with.

Corsesca
Jan 1, 2007, 09:26 PM
Soloing? That's a HILARIOUS concept for a newman guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

People lock solos to keep other people, who cant read or are just ignorant, out.
I know I do. ^-^

But I'm mainly just soloing Cs--since all I really want right now is a lil' money, MP, and XP. I solo C's so fast that partying or soloing anything higher will just slow me down.
About 8~10k XP and 6~10k Meseta per hour. Around 4 hours to level. Which is real nice compared to the last few Online games I've played....

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-01-01 18:22, Umberger wrote:

That's gross. -_-

Spacepest
Jan 2, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-01-01 18:28, MayLee wrote:

That's gross. -_-

EWw, I have to agree with Maylee. The biggest turn off for me is a man with kids. >_< *barfs*

VanHalen
Jan 2, 2007, 12:37 AM

when i soloed de ragan C i kept the game unlocked just incase it got too hard i can sit and pray someone would come and help lol(which no one did btw)

EC_Subbie
Jan 2, 2007, 12:49 AM
Your dad plays videogames. That's pretty awesome.

Umberger
Jan 2, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-01-01 18:28, MayLee wrote:

That's gross. -_-

Hey now, I'm not the one who said it...you asked what it meant. :|

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 2, 2007, 01:17 AM
im a guy with kids, people find me attractive...

you must be picturing some old guy (well if his son is on pso he prob is) but im still young, only barfing you would do around me is when you cant drink anymore because you challenged me to a drinking contest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mio
Jan 2, 2007, 01:37 AM
You probably gain more by soloing, but meh... Soloing is so boring

Dyssaan
Jan 2, 2007, 09:02 AM
EWw, I have to agree with Maylee. The biggest turn off for me is a man with kids. >_< *barfs*
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Oh yeah?? well my wife thinks I"m sexy, so THERE!

Back to soloing. Most people who are soloing locked are specifically farming items and rare drops. and soloing beats playing extra mode because your are still gaining xp/meseta/skills/mp for your character for when you do want to play with a party.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 09:11 AM
Ryo's dad is a total lonewolf.

I even invited him (after finding out it wasn't Ryo) and was declined.

I saw him level twice in one day and wanted to congratulate him but then I remembered he wouldn't answer me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Sexy_Raine
Jan 2, 2007, 09:41 AM
I solo a lot, because I want items, and that's why I've rarely been seen. If I leave it open, I usually can finish a mission alone before someone joins. 90% of my soloing takes place in UNI2, And I tell people to go away in my mission comment when it's locked. I never leave items random or order while I'm soloing, for obvious reasons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-02 06:48 ]</font>

Ryogen
Jan 2, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:22, MayLee wrote:
Your dad needs to rub some pixie luck on me, I seen how his room is decked out. >_<

He gets so much decor that he has to pass it on to the other characters. Check out the other rooms lol.

Some say play offline if you want to solo, but the thing is that when I have a family member that purely just wants to become stronger and bet up things. 60% of the items goes to me. So basicly it's like my dad is a farmer. Not only that it takes more stragety to play alone rather than with other people.

I'm a party person, but my dad dosen't rely on others. Funny thing is when hes in lobbies he calls me and ask me, "why are people standing around doing nothing?"

MayLee
Jan 3, 2007, 01:56 AM
Hehe, sometimes people like to idle and stuff, I idle in my room so people wont hump my character. >_<

Inazuma
Jan 3, 2007, 03:22 AM
solo is great when you cant find anyone as strong or stronger than you to team up w/.

for example:

1 player solos the mission, earns 10k worth of meseta and items in 30 mins.

if you can team up w/ someone who can bring that clear time down to about half or less (15 mins), then it beats your soloing. (over 5k per 15 mins)

3 player party clearing it in about 10 mins or less would beat out the 2 player party, and so on.

simply put, the weaker one is, the easier it is to benefit from partying w/ stronger ppl.
but if your very strong and most other ppl are weaker than you, chances are they are hurting you more than helping.

anyway, thats just how the game works. but thankfully, on the jp ver, they added a few missions that seem to encourage party play. these missions are very quick and easy, w/ huge rewards. so parties just fly thru, clear em in 12 mins and get like 6k meseta each or so. since its all about the reward at the end, having more ppl usually helps instead of hurts. since you dont split the reward like you normally do w/ items.

even still, i wish the game encouraged party play a lot more than it does. i find myself soloing a lot to make money and stuff, but it gets very lonely. id love for there to be more item drops or higher quality item drops, the more players you have in the party. sorta like how the luck system works.

Mikaga
Jan 3, 2007, 03:50 AM
I have pretty much solo'd from level 44 to level 53, most often using Valley of Carnage C and pressing nothing but the "Renkai Buyou zan" button and switching weapons every 90 seconds (PP).

It's some decent solo experience - at full speed I'd get about 16,000 an hour, even more if I didn't take the time to S-Rank - but it's utter garbage for items or money, and nothing like, say, Mizuraki Defense S or Lab Recovery S for mission points.

Thus at level 53 I have about 6 PA Fragments and one 6* weapon.

AC9breaker
Jan 3, 2007, 05:16 AM
I hope your dad explained to you that just like in real life, soloing is fine. But eventually you should want to do it with somebody else... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

panzer_unit
Jan 3, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-01-03 02:16, AC9breaker wrote:
I hope your dad explained to you that just like in real life, soloing is fine. But eventually you should want to do it with somebody else... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

If it's a dad we're talking about he's probably stuck doing everything solo again.

Zalana
Jan 3, 2007, 11:02 AM
Been soloing Linear Line S since the dawn of time.

Jasam
Jan 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
Soloing = generaly best money possable
Partying generaly = better exp/mp over time