PDA

View Full Version : humans not really worth it

Ryoga4523
Jan 1, 2007, 03:06 PM
I am a Human guntecher and I am really unhappy with how ST is treating the humans. I really do not see any bonuses for being human. My brother is a Beast Fortegunner, and despite what many ppl are saying about Beasts missing a lot, he misses about the same amount as I do, and not only that, he gets his racial power too. I figured that it would be alright, that Sega could not posisbly limit humans that much... I was wrong. I am a freakin ranger force combo, what am I going to do with crea swords??? I want a crea gun, or crea machine gun, or laser cannon. At this point, if I could pay to change my race I would; it is just that I am lvl 43 currently and have no intentions of making a new char... at least for now. Does anyone know if there will be new human and newman only weps. Or what about human only anything, cause how I see it, Beasts get to beast out, Casts get SUV's, Newmans get extra potent magical power.... and humans get nothing.

Nukei
Jan 1, 2007, 03:12 PM
Humans have no weaknesses for their stats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just tried Beast nanoblast and I guess SUV is better.. SUV/Nanoblast isn't that great.

Arislan
Jan 1, 2007, 03:13 PM
As a Human Guntecher, you get a 3% stat increase over what a Cast or Beast Guntecher would have at the same level. We don't know whether there will be any other items that are Human/Newman only, currently in-game, Crea is it.

Candor
Jan 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
stop asking for race specific weapons >.<

there's nothing wrong with humans, i've been playing my human force lately and there's no issues with it, i don't miss my beast's nanoblast at all, nor have i ever thought "man i wish i had a SUV right now"

You picked human for a reason, was the reason to be the best guntecher race combo? if not then don't worry about it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-01-01 12:21 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 03:21 PM
I have a human [fighgunner] and I'm not having too much trouble with him at this point in time. and about fortegunners and guntechers, know that fortegunners as a whole have more ata than guntechers, in fact, even a beast fortegunner will have more ata than a human guntecher.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
But really, go level your Fighgunner up Lowbie. I own as my Fighgunner human, + sex.

Bipedal
Jan 1, 2007, 03:31 PM
I lolled ronzeru. Nice one.

Ether
Jan 1, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-01-01 12:20, Candor wrote:
there's nothing wrong with humans, i've been playing my human force lately and there's no issues with it

lol

Its simple math people, third lowest hp, third lowest atp, third lowest ata, third lowest defense = awesome character!

Human is completely outclassed by Cast in every non casting job, and some people would argue cast is better at some of the casting ones too (guntecher)

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 03:33 PM
And when they say better than mean less than a handfull of damage.

Pengfishh
Jan 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
<3 Ronzeru.

seismica
Jan 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
i don't really notice the difference, but humans are still the best at being average

if, like me, you use many fight styles and don't want to be outclassed, be a human

Razormaid
Jan 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
I have a 45 Human F Fighgunner... and I really don't have a problem with it. Sure when Beasts Nanoblast and CASTs use their SUVs ... ( I want one too wah! ) I don't really mind, because their extra damage helps alot. Humans are the jack of all trades, and the master of none. Just like a Red Mage! If you don't care for your race, you can always restart XD

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 04:05 PM
I think that a human can be anything and perform equally good [or bad] at any job. I think Sega wanted those who are humans to take advantage of being able to switch jobs but I don't, my human has been raised to be good almost predominantly at melee since I really liked my HUmar from PSO and didn't want to change him too much. I have a friend who's a CAST fortefighter and im a fighgunner and when were both using 4 star GRM twin daggers, he only did like 10 points of damage more than I did.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
I have a human guntecher. He's ok, but a little to balanced. Took me a few levels to even equip a crossbow.

etlitch
Jan 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
I see no problems. Guntecher, Wartecher get's ungimped TECH damage as well as some HP and ATP.

Beasts gets nano, casts gets SUV, human can solo/farm B-rank and C-rank missions at ridiculous speeds due to crea weapons letting them gank more stuff per PA. Other races have to wait for some bar to fill up, newmen and human can use crea replicas any time provided that they have enough stats and is the correct class.

Newman guntecher/wartecher? sure whatever. Human still has better max hp, if there's things that can 1hit lv60 buffed fortefighters, I'm pretty sure there's things that can 1hit newman wartecher/guntecher but not human due to that small HP difference. I'd pretty much say that having MST is more like a weakness- MST itself is a pretty useless unless stacked in ridicolous amounts(unachiveable in this game, only class+race combo with semi-high MST is newman fortecher and they still get owned by monsters using spells as main offence, real protection comes from elemental armours) the race could've gotten another stat raised instead of MST.

Speaking hardcore; Human is stats are'nt PURE into one direction like the newman(TP), beast(ATP) or cast(ATA), they're not supposed to be used for -forte classes where some of the stats are less "helpful" than others, they're supposed to be compound classes where *all stats are "helpful".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2007-01-01 13:19 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 04:17 PM
even if humes aren't supposed to be used for forte classes, people are still gonna use them for forte classes, which I do respect, especially those who liked their HUmars, RAmar[l]s, FOmar[l]s, or for those who always wanted to play as a HUmarl.

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-01-01 12:06, Ryoga4523 wrote:
I am a Human guntecher and I am really unhappy with how ST is treating the humans. I really do not see any bonuses for being human. My brother is a Beast Fortegunner, and despite what many ppl are saying about Beasts missing a lot, he misses about the same amount as I do, and not only that, he gets his racial power too. I figured that it would be alright, that Sega could not posisbly limit humans that much... I was wrong. I am a freakin ranger force combo, what am I going to do with crea swords??? I want a crea gun, or crea machine gun, or laser cannon. At this point, if I could pay to change my race I would; it is just that I am lvl 43 currently and have no intentions of making a new char... at least for now. Does anyone know if there will be new human and newman only weps. Or what about human only anything, cause how I see it, Beasts get to beast out, Casts get SUV's, Newmans get extra potent magical power.... and humans get nothing.

Hey, read the descriptions. You made us Beasts, Newmans and CASTS. You gave us these abilities, so boo on you.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:19, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-01-01 12:06, Ryoga4523 wrote:

Hey, read the descriptions. You made us Beasts, Newmans and CASTS. You gave us these abilities, so boo on you.

Yea we also gave you weaknesses.

Humans are good at everything, they just don't completely excell in one field. But the price you pay for being extra special in one field is being gimped in another.

Case in point, Humans is the only race that exists that isn't gimped.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
well, nobody seems to be gimped as Hunters, since anyone can be a good fighter with hard training, it doesn't require natural talent or that BS. Hard work will always surpass natural talent, in that field at least.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 04:52 PM
This is a videogame made to look like an anime... not an anime itself Shiro-kun.

PMB960
Jan 1, 2007, 04:55 PM
I had a Female human Figunner. If any race is meant for non forte class it is humans. Their stats are nicely balanced. She may not have done as much damage, about 15-20 less with comparable weapons, as a beast but I definitely had more ATA. They really are the jack of all trades. The other classes do have weaknesses in certain categories but humans don't.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 04:56 PM
Quit being a weeaboo.

Nano and SUV.

That must've been one gimped beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Careful on 2007-01-01 13:57 ]</font>

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 04:58 PM
I don't give a damn. Straight up. I gave into the pressure with my newman and tried some other race for my desire to be a mele and I'm not giving in to it again.

I have no problems with my human fortefighter. I'm not being a beast, I'm not being a cast. Fighgunner, wartecher, Protranser - I don't wont to be those and I wont. I'm happy with my solid damage and defense. The only thing that bothers me is our luck. End of story.

etlitch
Jan 1, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:56, Careful wrote:
Quit being a weeaboo.
YOU CANNOT SAVE HIM! IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE. LOOK AT HIS TITLE..!! MUAHAHA

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 05:15 PM
Why would anybody play a human anyway? They have boring, stupid, and dull ears. It'd be good if they had metal skin, but they don't. So why would anybody play a human? @_@

It's beyond my comprehension.

I've got a 60 Newman Fortetecher, a 50 Beast Fortefighter, and working on a lv2 Caseal Guntecher. I didn't chose these races because they are the best for the category; I chose them because that's what I felt like when I made them.

I swear. Honest to God truth. o_____________O;

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:56, Careful wrote:
Quit being a weeaboo.

Nano and SUV.

That must've been one gimped beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Careful on 2007-01-01 13:57 ]</font>

whats wrong with being a weeaboo? you are referring to me, right? I just like Japan a lot, there's no helping that, even if it is kind of becoming cliche to make your characters Japanese and all that.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Why would anybody play a human anyway? They have boring, stupid, and dull ears. It'd be good if they had metal skin, but they don't. So why would anybody play a human? @_@

I've got a 60 Newman Fortetecher, a 50 Beast Fortefighter, and working on a lv2 Caseal Guntecher. I didn't chose these races because they are the best for the category; I chose them because that's what I felt like when I made them.

Cause we created you guys as our slaves, obviously. Who'd wanna be a slave. Well, other than the newman female sexual slaves that the humans created.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:32, Ronzeru wrote:

Cause we created you guys as our slaves, obviously. Who'd wanna be a slave. Well, other than the newman female sexual slaves that the humans created.

shhhhhh shhhhhh They still don't understand. The newmans believe it was some sorta Ordeal invovling the "Holy Light" and that crap. some sorta custom between humans and newmans...err wait..

huh?

Anyway I don't mind, Humans have round ears, but they are balanced, extremely balanced.

Ryoga4523
Jan 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
Thank you guys for all of your input. I guess I just wanted a crea weapon that would suit a ranger class. I will be crossing my fingers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Train
Jan 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
too bad it takes forever to lvl up job lol my Guntecher is still at lvl 1 XP

Tra
Jan 1, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'd have to say humans are BAD at everything, not average on everything. lol

Fortefighter - Beast
Fortegunner - Cast
Fortecher - Newman
Fighgunner - Beast and Cast

These are the obvious. More ATP, ATA, and TP than humans.

Wartecher:

Wartechers already do crappy damage, even a beast wartecher has crappy damage. If you wanna say wait til buffs comes in, I can say wait til buffs arrive because that fortecher in your party is going to make you utterly useless. Wartechers are a crappy class in general (oh btw they can't get 1 hit, even if you are a newman, they have the most hp alongside fortefighters of the rest of the classes)

Now humans... crappy ATP, crappy TP, crappy class at both. What can they do? Newmans can at least whip out their techs and do ok (I can get ~1200TP total with a wand as wartecher, that equals 550 digas). Humans can't do that. Casts and Beasts just plain hit harder while being able to cast pretty much the only essential tech they need which is Resta.

Guntechers... same issue, except level 10 techs are useless a human will never utilize it well ever.

Anyhow...
Any class humans pick, half of their oh-so-well-rounded stats are rendered useless. Humans already have bad stats in the first place.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 06:48 PM
It's not that humans have bad stats. We have good stats EVERYWHERE, and shitty stats nowhere you "Glass is half empty" person.

While everyone else has decent stats most places, excellent stats somewhere, and in place of that as a trade off, shitty stats elsewhere.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-01-01 12:32, Ether wrote:

On 2007-01-01 12:20, Candor wrote:
there's nothing wrong with humans, i've been playing my human force lately and there's no issues with it

lol

Its simple math people, third lowest hp, third lowest atp, third lowest ata, third lowest defense = awesome character!

Human is completely outclassed by Cast in every non casting job, and some people would argue cast is better at some of the casting ones too (guntecher)

I would say it was about equal for guntecher, because casts have to really work HARD to get a decent resta, ie one that is good enough to keep people alive at all. Humans have to work a LITTLE harder for the higher ATA, but there is really little difference. The class is not really damage orientated, but even the ATP is only marginally better for cast. I have worked on equipping bvoth races as guntecher, human just needs better ATA eqwuipped guns (easy, just synth Tenoras early on) whereas cast needs the headache of making multiple 3* wands and trying to get one to +10 to EQUAL the resta of human. Also humans can equip A rank wands much earlier, as well as the best wand you can equip - the grinded 6* Tenora. And yes, if you are the only healer human is just way more useful than cast. No getting away from it. If not cast is a tiny bit better, thanks to the bonuses humans get.

Some would argue go newman, but I think newman is outclassed by human here, because the ATP is quite a bit higher which makes a big difference in soloing or parties of low numbers.

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:40, Tra wrote:

Fortefighter - Beast
Fortegunner - Cast
Fortecher - Newman

Wartecher:

Wartechers already do crappy damage, even a beast wartecher has crappy damage. If you wanna say wait til buffs comes in, I can say wait til buffs arrive because that fortecher in your party is going to make you utterly useless. Wartechers are a crappy class in general (oh btw they can't get 1 hit, even if you are a newman, they have the most hp alongside fortefighters of the rest of the classes)

Now humans... crappy ATP, crappy TP, crappy class at both. What can they do? Newmans can at least whip out their techs and do ok (I can get ~1200TP total with a wand as wartecher, that equals 550 digas). Humans can't do that. Casts and Beasts just plain hit harder while being able to cast pretty much the only essential tech they need which is Resta.

Guntechers... same issue, except level 10 techs are useless a human will never utilize it well ever.

Anyhow...
Any class humans pick, half of their oh-so-well-rounded stats are rendered useless. Humans already have bad stats in the first place.

HEY LOOK EVERYONE I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

If j00 pick noobman you suckorz at anything you play. Be 1337 and play like the big dawgs. go nano and suv ya? Don't be a sucka and play n00bman!

Keep'em coming condenscending trolls.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 07:16 PM

Fortefighter - Beast
Fortegunner - Cast
Fortecher - Newman

Wartecher:

Anyhow...

You are stupid and make stupid arguments. Humans are fine at hybrid classes. They are also not that bad at fortetecher.

Level 10 techs useless? Like to see you say that to a human guntecher toting a crossbow and the only available healer.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
Also Tra, go to hell please. The worst race in the game is newman actually,UNLESS you are positive you will never be anything but forttecher. Because they suck at absolutely EVERYTHING else.

Humans = Below average at fortefighter, below average at fortegunner, above average at fortetecher, average at fighgunner, excellent at wartecher and guntecher.

Casts= Excellent at Fortegunner, Fighgunner, guntecher, average at fortefighter, average at Wartecher, sucky at everything else.

Beasts = Excellent at Fortefighter, Wartecher, average at fighgunner, suck at everything else

Newmen= Excellent asfortetecher, average as wartecher, below average at guntecher, abysmal at everything else.

ERGO NEWMEN SUCK. I CAN BE CONTROVERSIAL TOO.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
Yes. Because everyone depends on the Guntecher to heal them and lets the Fortetecher and Wartecher do damage.

*rolls eyes*

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:30 PM
Well duh, they don't have reseta for nothing. And not all parties have fortechers you silly Newmen slavegirl/cast pleasure bot/beast mine slave.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:30, Ronzeru wrote:
Well duh, they don't have reseta for nothing. And not all parties have fortechers you silly Newmen slavegirl/cast pleasure bot/beast mine slave.

Was that a personal attack? 'cause I think it was.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:32 PM
I'm human. I made you. I can unmake you.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:32, Ronzeru wrote:

Was that a threat?

Gojin
Jan 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
humans made machines in the matrix and still got pwned by machines

Parn
Jan 1, 2007, 07:34 PM

Indeed, my sexiness IS beyond your comprehension! I even amaze myself on occasion, gazing at my own reflection as I flex in front of a mirror for hours.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:33, Gojin wrote:
humans made machines in the matrix and still got pwned by machines

Yea but then humans got Neo, and he pwned machines. We will get a neo.

Parn
Jan 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:40, Ronzeru wrote:
I'm already here, sir!

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:33, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Was that a threat?

There goes that superior beast intellegence. Beasts sure catch on fast.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:44, Ronzeru wrote:

On 2007-01-01 16:33, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Was that a threat?

There goes that superior beast intellegence. Beasts sure catch on fast.

New Yorkers. -_-

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:41, Parn wrote:

On 2007-01-01 16:40, Ronzeru wrote:
I'm already here, sir!

Pa-pa PARN!

Tra
Jan 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:24, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Also Tra, go to hell please. The worst race in the game is newman actually,UNLESS you are positive you will never be anything but forttecher. Because they suck at absolutely EVERYTHING else.

Humans = Below average at fortefighter, below average at fortegunner, above average at fortetecher, average at fighgunner, excellent at wartecher and guntecher.

Casts= Excellent at Fortegunner, Fighgunner, guntecher, average at fortefighter, average at Wartecher, sucky at everything else.

Beasts = Excellent at Fortefighter, Wartecher, average at fighgunner, suck at everything else

Newmen= Excellent asfortetecher, average as wartecher, below average at guntecher, abysmal at everything else.

I bolded where you're wrong. I've provided reasons why, what are yours?

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:50, Tra wrote:

http://people.clarkson.edu/~stpieraf/owned.jpg

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:34, Parn wrote:

Indeed, my sexiness IS beyond your comprehension! I even amaze myself on occasion, gazing at my own reflection as I flex in front of a mirror for hours.

I find my human far more attractive than yours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If I wanted a Parn clone I could have made one.

(You're too short btw.)

Parn
Jan 1, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:56, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I find my human far more attractive than yours. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If I wanted a Parn clone I could have made one.

(You're too short btw.)
You're totally jealous. You have been since day one! No one can usurp me from my throne as king of all homobutts.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 08:05 PM

My reasons why are that you are a troll. I am a troll too, but a much better one than you, also I don't take most my stupid arguments seriously. I suspect you do. YOu're the frothing at the mouth, bouncing off walls breed of troll, aren't you?

This is not a stupid argument though. How many human guntechers and wartechers have you levelled? But it's not even worth arguing with a "hybrids suck" mongoloid anyway.

Clue: I've levelled every race to beyond 50. Bar newmen. Humans I've levelled twice over. Beasts 4 times over. BTW newmen suck. I'll bold my arguments if you want, but I think it's a little bit nerdy to do so.

I have levelled every hybrid claass also beyond 50, as well as Fortefighter. I have the perfect bible at my disposal, I can prove STATISTICALLY why certain races do not suck, why jobs do not suck. Can you? In fact for hybrids the bonuses humans get put them only marginally lower than casts in ATP, and those that need TP benefit from it greatly.

No job sucks but POTENTIALLY Protranser, which actually doesn't suck but is just "OK" and POTENTIALLY is awesome (we haven't seen job level 20 stats yet).

No race sucks actually but I'm seeing if I can start fights. It's funny.

imfanboy
Hmm... Why excellent at wartecher and guntecher?

Wartecher

1) the hybrid class bonus humans get, while not much, is still helpful.

2) at a LARGE amount of TP above cast WTs, humans can still manage to heal for decent amounts (my Human WT heals for about 600-800 if memory serves at lv 45).

2) At a decent amount of ATA above beast WTs in a class that needs every bit they can get, they won't miss at critical moments - particularly with ATA units.

3) At a HUGE amount of ATP and HP above Newman WTs, they aren't as death-prone and can deal respectable damage compared to them in melee while losing very little of the teching capability.

Of course, you're determined to hate on humans, so I suppose it's useless to argue with you. Probably the person who runs around with a CAST Shion Uzuki when the most appropriate race would be (gasp!) human is right up your alley.

Hopefully you can leave your snobbery out of the game and restrict it to the forum, but somehow I find it doubtful.

Corsesca
*Cough* Hes right, you know...even if he is a shorty.

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
You call yourself a troll? You suck at it.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-01-01 17:07, Careful wrote:
You call yourself a troll? You suck at it.

I give this trolling post 5/10.

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 08:12 PM
Everyone else is mad because they all have short comings and humans don't. It's alright to suck at something guys. Just because we don't, doesn't mean you don't have to suck at anything. It's alright. We created you all that way. It doesn't mean that we love you any less.

http://members.tripod.com/~HostBebe/hugcolor.jpg

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 08:15 PM

Fortefighter - Beast
Fortegunner - Cast
Fortecher - Newman

Wartecher:

Anyhow...

STFU! Seriously, people like you are so black and white and think that if someone isn't Chuck Norris, then they suck, which is definately not true. People should be allowed to pick whatever race/type combo they want, and I personally don't think that any class can really suck, unless its the Beast Fortetecher which some people have been telling me about, but I can't say for myself since I didn't even try it out yet, all I have that can tell me that are a bunch of numbers, but silly stuff like numbers shouldn't stop someone from picking what they like, unless they see a bunch of 0s or a bunch of 1 digit numbers when they are level 10 or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-01-01 17:20 ]</font>

Ronzeru
Jan 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:55, Ronzeru wrote:

http://people.clason.edu/~stpieraf/owned.jpg

I take back my Owned kitty. I thought that you just bolded -Shimarisu-'s name and didn't pay attention to the rest. THAT would of been funny. But being as what you bolded wasn't funny haha but retarded instead... You get this in place of the kitty.

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/you_fail_06.jpg

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 08:27 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/Kanunz/1163696241777.jpg

Ryna
Jan 1, 2007, 08:34 PM
Since this thread has gone off-topic and degenerated into flaming, I am going to lock it.