PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Do they even exist!!!???

seismica
Jan 1, 2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, get this

i'm lvl 61 on offline extra mode

i'm lvl 84 on offline story mode

i have never ever came across an axe, or an axe board, do they even exist on offline mode??

i have seen screenshots of them selling in the moatoob shops online, but they arn't there in offline mode, can you help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seismica on 2007-01-01 12:47 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jan 1, 2007, 03:49 PM
Axes, Cards, Crossbows and Grenade Launchers are Online only.

EDIT: Scratch Crossbows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2007-01-01 13:22 ]</font>

Ether
Jan 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
Crossbows are available offline

seismica
Jan 1, 2007, 03:56 PM
omg that is stupid, sega really messed up with this one, i've had the game 2 weeks and now i've played out offline mode, no real difference to pso... now i have to go online for the new features that i bought the game for in the first place...

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-01-01 12:56, seismica wrote:
omg that is stupid, sega really messed up with this one, i've had the game 2 weeks and now i've played out offline mode, no real difference to pso... now i have to go online for the new features that i bought the game for in the first place...

Agreed. I was also a bit angry, seeing how I played PSO on the GC, where almost everything except MAG cells, a few joke rares, and S weapons were offline.

Thing that angers me the most is that there is no challenge offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-01-01 13:21 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 1, 2007, 04:49 PM
Well, the closesting to that is timed trials for S ranks.

Taris
Jan 1, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:49, Dhylec wrote:

Well, the closesting to that is timed trials for S ranks.

Well, I wouldn't say that, even. I've S-ranked most every offline mission (up until I got utterly bored with it, like maybe the "8th letter" tier of missions) by ranking Force up to 10, buying the most powerful spell-weapons, carrying 10 Photon Charges (buyable on the cheap) around, and nuking everything into non-existance in a blink of an eye...

MAYBE if I changed to Hunter or Ranger again, it would be a "challenge" to S-rank missions offline, but then the "challenge" is less of a game-type challenge, and more of a "how fast can I physically get from point A to point B if all I can do is PA-spam critters" thing.

Or maybe if the offline game had "tiered" missions (rank B, A, S) like online, where the challenge comes from having to wade thru the critters, and not just trying to beat T.T. the Timepiece. (Cookie for anyone who gets that reference.)