PDA

View Full Version : So does luck affect getting rare enemy spawns?

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 04:11 PM
Or is it random?

chaostroop
Jan 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
luck helps

Dhylec
Jan 1, 2007, 04:39 PM
I believe star luck affects rare drops. Rare enemies are in special rare maps. You'd have to meet the right conditions to make them appear.

McLaughlin
Jan 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
Rare enemies spawn 100% of the time on specific map layouts. Luck doesn't affect the layout you get (at least not the game stat), but patience does.

EDIT: By "game stat" I meant the Star rating beside one's name. The stat "Luck" affects your chance of landing a Critical Hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2007-01-01 13:49 ]</font>

Arislan
Jan 1, 2007, 04:45 PM
Luck - The game stat affects crit rate.
Luck - The star rating affects rare drops (if you're the leader) and grinding success.

Soukosa
Jan 1, 2007, 05:53 PM
The luck that gives the stars next to your name should be refered to as "Photon Fortune" since that seems to be what the official name is and doesn't get it confused with the hidden Lck stat. Also, the fortune should influence the drop anything rates of monsters and boxes and not purely the rare drop rates. I've seen this from experience and is what the PSU bible guide states as well. It shouldn't be influencing rare monster spawns either. Though I did see 2 sets of Rappies on a lv 3 fortune day before and then another set the next day with no fortune. Probably just a lucky coincidence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 1, 2007, 06:00 PM
I saw rappies finally on my newmn male 3+ luck day on my frist run after 100s of runs of not seeing any.

I believe the higher the Luck you have, the more the higher rarity of the item that drops, but the lesser the drop of the rares itself.

As for the enemy spawns. you can look at PSUpedia's enemy spawn layouts (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Rare_Monsters) for the right spawn points.

~ You can tell by the first spawn of each map if you're going to get the right spawn of rappies in your game.
~In order to reach the rappies, each spawn point of the first block, 2nd block, any maybe 3rd block must meet the goals said in psupedia. ( As they say, it's like a puzzle. You must match all of them in order to reach your goal.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-01 15:01 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 06:26 PM
I don't know, I hear it depends on the map.

Last night, me and my party had one star luck but managed to encounter 7 rappies.

chaostroop
Jan 1, 2007, 11:00 PM
i know luck helps it took 2-3 hours using the wiki system to get betes with no luck and with 2 star luck it took 10 mins and the 15 more mins for them 2 apper agine so luck helps the right room layout to apper

DarkSeph
Jan 1, 2007, 11:05 PM
I do believe luck helps in finding the right map layout....in terms of time. When I had 3 star luck it only took me 1 hour to find Rappy Noel's....then when I tried days later with no luck after 3 hours I didn't find any! Just a thought.....I could be wrong.

happy_cricket
Jan 2, 2007, 12:22 AM
On 2007-01-01 14:53, Sounomi wrote:
The luck that gives the stars next to your name should be refered to as "Photon Fortune" since that seems to be what the official name is and doesn't get it confused with the hidden Lck stat. Also, the fortune should influence the drop anything rates of monsters and boxes and not purely the rare drop rates. I've seen this from experience and is what the PSU bible guide states as well. It shouldn't be influencing rare monster spawns either. Though I did see 2 sets of Rappies on a lv 3 fortune day before and then another set the next day with no fortune. Probably just a lucky coincidence http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There's a hidden luck stat?

Sorry for all the noob questions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 12:24 AM
I started my Unsafe Passage S spam today and got a Rappy map within 10 minutes, then the second one within 20 minutes of that one. I was on my beast for 3* luck.

However, the maps are so random it's hard to know if it randomized to me, or if luck helped. :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-01 21:25 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 2, 2007, 12:52 AM
Can anyone confirm finding jaggos in valley of carnage using the info at psupedia? I am having no luck what so ever getting it to work.

Umberger
Jan 2, 2007, 01:04 AM
Oh...so the A/B/C are talking about the first room...alright, that makes sense. Sorry for any misunderstandings DJ.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 2, 2007, 01:32 AM
Np!~ It's pretty interesting that each of the 3 maps for all areas have specified rare spawns. I wouldn't have noticed this if I had not looked it up or seen people talk about it ><;;;

Makes for a fun telepi... Force Spawning :3

Magician
Jan 3, 2007, 08:10 AM
Mission Popping for a particular spawn? No, luck is not a factor.

What that spawn drops, well, then I'd have to say luck is a factor there.

FrogKicker
Jan 3, 2007, 09:51 AM
I only run into rappies when I don't have any luck.

Kesena1Tsum1
Jan 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
I can't seem to find Jaggos either at the VoC. If you have any knowledge about that i'd like to know as well ;D