PDA

View Full Version : Bah, PS2/PC's market is like throwing food to hungry savages

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 04:25 PM
I put a Citrad on sale for 110k, as an experiment. I doubted it would sell, seeing how I think it is only used for the Halarod at this time. I come back 2 hours later, it has sold, but none of my fair priced items like falchions for 23k or boards at low prices sold. Potentionally, if you are smart, getting rich here is easy, but it is sorta depressing knowing your item will be gone to duped meseta faster than throwing a cow for hungry velociraptors. (You remember that in Jurassic Park I.)

WildArms2
Jan 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
falcion are 6* sabers right? if so i sell mine for 10k and they still dont sell, point is sabers suck and not many people want them

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:30, WildArms2 wrote:
falcion are 6* sabers right? if so i sell mine for 10k and they still dont sell, point is sabers suck and not many people want them

Since when have sabers sucked? Great damage, plus knockback, and hitting multiple enemies on the PA?

PMB960
Jan 1, 2007, 04:34 PM
I find that people never buy boards. Did the weapons you were selling have any percentages? If not that is why they don't sell. Certain items are in high demand especially A ranks with high percents. Other than that I find weapons don't sell to well. A 6* armor would be gone in 2 seconds.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
ya, I don't think people want to spend their money on a board which may have a chance of failing, and/or for something which they don't even have the ingredients to make.

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 04:51 PM
All my cheap stuff sell O_o. I could also become rich as hell by selling my Ray-Photons for 5k like everyone else, but I choose not to.

WildArms2
Jan 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:32, Ryoki wrote:

Since when have sabers sucked? Great damage, plus knockback, and hitting multiple enemies on the PA?

LOL you must be joking great damage almost any other weapon outdamages sabers, and all weapons hit multiple enemies on PA knock back is the only feature that makes sabers worth anything but its not like the other weapons dont have knockback either but sabers is on its first hit that can knock enemies up in the air then knock back on second hit. The stronger weapons like Spear and Daggers and Twin Dagges have knock back also but as their thierd hit but you dont really need knock back with them cause one full combo of PA kill almost anything on rank A.

Sabers are the worst melee weapon in the game the only reason to use a saber is so you can have a handgun in the ither hand end of story.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:51, Mystil wrote:
All my cheap stuff sell O_o. I could also become rich as hell by selling my Ray-Photons for 5k like everyone else, but I choose not to.

people are actually dumb enough to buy ray-photons for that much money? the most I sell a 7 star material for is like 1000 meseta, and I'm doing pretty good right now.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 1, 2007, 05:36 PM
It's hard to sell mates, I have Trimates for 90 mst in my shop, but they don't sell. I dont think it's the price, it's the search system. Try searching for Trimates. You will find dozens of shops with Trimate boards, but hardly any Trimates. Once I'm up in rotation (every week or so) they are gone quite fast, but the rest of the time they sell bad.

Kyecsrai
Jan 1, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:27, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-01-01 13:51, Mystil wrote:

people are actually dumb enough to buy ray-photons for that much money? the most I sell a 7 star material for is like 1000 meseta, and I'm doing pretty good right now.

Yeah they do, and if all those Sori-senbas I see in player shops are really selling at 2-4 million they can easily recoup that 5k per ray-photon and then some.

Ryoki
Jan 1, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-01-01 14:25, WildArms2 wrote:

On 2007-01-01 13:32, Ryoki wrote:

LOL you must be joking great damage almost any other weapon outdamages sabers, and all weapons hit multiple enemies on PA knock back is the only feature that makes sabers worth anything but its not like the other weapons dont have knockback either but sabers is on its first hit that can knock enemies up in the air then knock back on second hit. The stronger weapons like Spear and Daggers and Twin Dagges have knock back also but as their thierd hit but you dont really need knock back with them cause one full combo of PA kill almost anything on rank A.

Sabers are the worst melee weapon in the game the only reason to use a saber is so you can have a handgun in the ither hand end of story.

Eh, not really. Straight up meleeing with those 3 jitseens I found does aboue 137 to a deljaban. Pretty damn good, especially with Rising Strike.

fork
Jan 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:34, PMB960 wrote:
I find that people never buy boards. Did the weapons you were selling have any percentages? If not that is why they don't sell. Certain items are in high demand especially A ranks with high percents. Other than that I find weapons don't sell to well. A 6* armor would be gone in 2 seconds.

What annoys me is that I WANT to buy boards, because I have all the materials I need to synth my own weapons, but nowhere near enough cash to buy the already made weapons selling in player shops at the absurd prices they ask. But I can never find anyone selling anything but the usual Dimate/Trimate/Stat Booster boards.

I really wish they'd improve the player shop search engine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fork on 2007-01-01 16:48 ]</font>

Gigorman
Jan 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-01-01 13:25, Ryoki wrote:
I put a Citrad on sale for 110k, as an experiment. I doubted it would sell, seeing how I think it is only used for the Halarod at this time. I come back 2 hours later, it has sold, but none of my fair priced items like falchions for 23k or boards at low prices sold. Potentionally, if you are smart, getting rich here is easy, but it is sorta depressing knowing your item will be gone to duped meseta faster than throwing a cow for hungry velociraptors. (You remember that in Jurassic Park I.)

You invited illegitimate currency to be used in your store. Your fair items will not go as quickly as generous items...

Armok
Jan 1, 2007, 08:19 PM
People are dum FACT.

Alisha
Jan 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
anyone that thinks sabers suck will be slapping themselves when gravity strikes comes in the next update.

Kirip-san
Jan 1, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-01-01 17:32, Alisha wrote:
anyone that thinks sabers suck will be slapping themselves when gravity strikes comes in the next update.

And I thought Rising Strike was sexy enough~nyo. x3

DarkSeph
Jan 1, 2007, 11:01 PM
If the economy is sooooo bad on the ps2/pc what sega needs to do is say look......how much could someone possibly make (in terms of meseta) assuming he played say...700 hours, thats wayyy more than fair but whatever.....lets just give it a rounded number of 5Mil Meseta.....now, that taken into account, they should take away any Meseta anyone has over that amount (taking into account all 4 accounts a person might have, only allowing 5Mil Meseta in total between all 4 accounts......

Now that would help a LOT of problems! And people would still have 5Mil Meseta if they actually had that amount or MORE...and those under 5 Mill...well they would have nothing to complain about......

OH SNAP!

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 11:21 PM
I would like to thank you all for this thread. I had no idea I could get a Falchion for 10,000 MTA. I now have two. Danke.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:26 PM
That idea is broken Dark because with only 300 hours i've got a nice chunk of change. Why, just yesterday I brought in a few million doing LLS runs solo. Got my first mil in 30 mins.

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 11:31 PM
Is that with selling all your drops, or just flat out rewards for the mission???

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:31, happy_cricket wrote:
Is that with selling all your drops, or just flat out rewards for the mission???

That's from half a dozen Deljaban Blades for 350k a piece, a Phantom Line Board for 250k, and NPCing junk photonless 6* weapons for 5k.

*shrugs*If people wanna pay those prices i'll gladly mark them as such. I looked around and I was the cheapest one so I figured ok, i'll undercut.

The econmy is ruined, sure, but meh? Meh I say.

DarkSeph
Jan 1, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:26, Garnet_Moon wrote:
That idea is broken Dark because with only 300 hours i've got a nice chunk of change. Why, just yesterday I brought in a few million doing LLS runs solo. Got my first mil in 30 mins.

....that can only mean 1 thing......

You are promoting the spread of Duped Meseta by yourself setting items wayyyyyy overpriced such as Junaline or whatever....

On the 360...a Deljaban Blade will sell as low as 25K Meseta on a bad day!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-01 20:40 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:37, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That's from half a dozen Deljaban Blades for 350k a piece, a Phantom Line Board for 250k, and NPCing junk photonless 6* weapons for 5k.

*shrugs*If people wanna pay those prices i'll gladly mark them as such. I looked around and I was the cheapest one so I figured ok, i'll undercut.

At least don't boot people who choose to play legit by not having a shop and playing with low * equips is all I say.

Well, as long as they play well.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:41, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-01-01 20:37, Garnet_Moon wrote:

At least don't boot people who choose to play legit by not having a shop and playing with low * equips is all I say.

Well, as long as they play well.

I only boot people who give me a reason to.

I put 50+ Required in the comment when I make parties. I've let a 38 stay because he was doing good in Mizu S despite the 20 something level difference.

*shrugs*I really don't boot unless someone does something to warrant it. Like keep picking up Moon Atomizer X boards when I have rares on line. Even after a few warnings. ~_~

DarkSeph
Jan 1, 2007, 11:44 PM
.......whatever I say........whatever.........that is why I am glad to be on the 360....... I suppose someone who just joins up with the PS2/PC could go farm some rares and overprice those as well and after they sell they will have a nice chunk of change to buy say.......99 Ray Photons?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thats the problem though.......Suuuurrree you can go farm some rares and sell em for crazy prices and end up with a lot of duped meseta....but then you yourself wont have enough dough to buy something simple because that is overpriced as well

At some point to fix it all something will have to be done.....either enemies will have to start dropping BUTT LOADS OF MESETA! and shops will have to charge 1Mil for Armors and whatnot....OR.....a fix like I suggested will need to be done...

....so I ask you, what do you think THEY will choose to do?!?......or more to the point, what is EASIER to do?

OH SNAP!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-01 20:46 ]</font>

happy_cricket
Jan 1, 2007, 11:48 PM
ike keep picking up Moon Atomizer X boards when I have rares on line.

You mean rares only?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:48, happy_cricket wrote:

You mean rares only?

I always keep Normal:Line. It's Random that I alternate depending what zone and universe i'm in. Universe one? Random. Because I know someone is gonna keep grabbing the junk rares and screwing the line up.

Remedy
Jan 1, 2007, 11:54 PM
Well, I dunno about you, but my three Del Jagnus boards sold for 400k each. :3

DarkSeph
Jan 1, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:48, happy_cricket wrote:

You mean rares only?

He means picking up worthless rares screws up the way rares are given to people.....and some people even purposely do this to try and get "their" number up. Frankly, the whole process is screwed up! It should wait until after the mission is over (which would also give people and incentive to NOT leave durring a mission) and then randomly spread out the rares gathered durring the mission..... And Good Freaking Greif! SEGA needs to change those Moon X boards to be NONE RARE ITEMS!!!!! I HATE GETTING THOSE! Even the actual Moon X item is worthless because MOST people try for S Ranks...DER!

happy_cricket
Jan 2, 2007, 12:07 AM
I get it now. Rares: Line must be like Rares: Order.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 12:09 AM
On 2007-01-01 20:54, Remedy wrote:

I sell those for 100k-200k depending on how many I have to put on sale. That low synth chances hurts and even I cry thinking about other people trying to make one. ~_~

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 08:39 AM
On 2007-01-01 20:54, Remedy wrote:

You're as bad as the fucking hackers.

Mystil
Jan 2, 2007, 08:58 AM
On 2007-01-01 20:54, DarkSeph wrote:
Even the actual Moon X item is worthless because MOST people try for S Ranks...DER!

I have to dissagree with this. Moon X is..a life saver. Many times, I've regular mooned people, only for them to immediatly die due to some cheap out of no where shot while they were at low health. I save up on moon x and use them.

They also make great PM food.

Remedy
Jan 2, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-01-01 21:09, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I sell those for 100k-200k depending on how many I have to put on sale. That low synth chances hurts and even I cry thinking about other people trying to make one. ~_~Yeah, I was putting them up for that myself, but when I saw that the next closest one was like 2 million, the little greedy voice in my head was like "RAISE THE PRICE, YOU DAFT NEWMAN". *shrug*

also: lol, eloquent 360 elitism

Ogni-XR21
Jan 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
If you put it up for 35k someone else buys it to make a good profit of it. Better?

It's not that hard to find anyway, and selling it for that much takes at least some of the duped meseta out of the market, IF you spend that money in NPC shops only.

And if you think about it, how many people are building their armor PM by remaking casts over and over again and hurt the economy that way? All money lost on the ecconomy...

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 09:55 AM
XD angst because stupid people putting up items for ridiculous amounts of meseta are actually succeeding? XP yah, well, i'm pretty sure its like getting drafted in the NFL/NBA because as far-spread as these stories are, i still ALWAYS walk into shops with overpriced shit i can just chuckle at >P

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 10:02 AM
360 elitism? You call it elitism, I call it irony.

Please...I beg you, call it elitism again so I can go dig up some posts pre-release to shove in all pc/ps2 users faces.

icewyrm
Jan 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
I wasn't around at that stage frogkicker, care to share? :|

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
On 2007-01-02 07:02, FrogKicker wrote:
360 elitism? You call it elitism, I call it irony.

Please...I beg you, call it elitism again so I can go dig up some posts pre-release to shove in all pc/ps2 users faces.

Die in a car fire, you retarded ass monkey.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
At work atm so I don't have time to find them all, but this one should do for now.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=121739&forum=20&start=45

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-01-02 07:20, icewyrm wrote:

You'd really rather not. Lots of ugly fanboyism with insults about how small the 360 community was going to be because we only play sports FPS games and how most 360 players were going to be 12 years olds screaming racial slurs into the mic.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-01-02 07:40, Sychosis wrote:

You'd really rather not. Lots of ugly fanboyism with insults about how small the 360 community was going to be because we only play sports FPS games and how most 360 players were going to be 12 years olds screaming racial slurs into the mic.

Yep, and the irony of it all is making my head want to splode.

_Deliverance_
Jan 2, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-01-02 07:42, FrogKicker wrote:

On 2007-01-02 07:40, Sychosis wrote:

Yep, and the irony of it all is making my head want to splode.

Sweet. No more posts from you then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
See? They bash us saying we will be a super small and crappy community, then when that fails what do they do? Bash us for being a better community.

How is that not funny?

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 11:57 AM
Well I sell my stuff like those 100k rares. THEN I go and buy components from the npc shops and items from the npc shops thus removing the dirty money I aquired and doing my part to eliminate it from the economy.If everyone did this then the economy could be corrected by us( yeah i know thats a loooong shot)

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
No, we bash you for being so BITTERANGSTEMO and not letting things die. 360s sure do have a chip on thier shoulder :3

Oh, and:

I should sell a few things for way overinflated prices, then use the 'duped' meseta to buy clothes :3

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-01-02 08:57, Wheatpenny wrote:
Well I sell my stuff like those 100k rares. THEN I go and buy components from the npc shops and items from the npc shops thus removing the dirty money I aquired and doing my part to eliminate it from the economy.If everyone did this then the economy could be corrected by us( yeah i know thats a loooong shot)

Well, as long as the duping exploit is kept in check, it will eventually.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-01-02 08:59, Mewnie wrote:
No, we bash you for being so BITTERANGSTEMO and not letting things die. 360s sure do have a chip on thier shoulder :3

Oh, and:

I should sell a few things for way overinflated prices, then use the 'duped' meseta to buy clothes :3

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA roflrofl...EMO...AHAHAHAHA. That is so orginal, did you come up with that awesome emo joke by yourself? Cause, you know, it's so very refreshing and new.

Seriously though, no chip. If you read my post in the other thread you would see me say I WANTED ps2/PC to be better. Hell, I would rather go to my in-laws than uni1 on the 360.

I Just find the irony hilarious.

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-01-02 08:49, FrogKicker wrote:
See? They bash us saying we will be a super small and crappy community, then when that fails what do they do? Bash us for being a better community.

How is that not funny?

It's not funny because you are being an utter r-tard about the whole situation. Have some class and turn the other cheek when someone speaks out of turn. We don't care if you play on 360, we don't care if you play on PC. Really. Get over it.

Stop the community mentality of them versus us. We all play PSU for fuck's sake.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:52, Ghen wrote:

On 2007-01-02 08:49, FrogKicker wrote:

How is that not funny?

It's not funny because you are being an utter r-tard about the whole situation. Have some class and turn the other cheek when someone speaks out of turn. We don't care if you play on 360, we don't care if you play on PC. Really. Get over it.

Stop the community mentality of them versus us. We all play PSU for fuck's sake.

Don't be mad at me just because you have no sense of humor.

Why are you so pissed anyway? It's not like I am saying "AHAHAHAHA you guys are getting hacked to hell and back AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" That, I honestly feel bad for the ps2/PC community. As for the server size, does it really friggen matter? Does it piss you off THAT bad that we have one more server full of stars than you? Wow....

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:03 PM
No, who's holding it over whose head now?

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:01, FrogKicker wrote:

Don't be mad at me just because you have no sense of humor.

Why are you so pissed anyway? It's not like I am saying "AHAHAHAHA you guys are getting hacked to hell and back AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" That, I honestly feel bad for the ps2/PC community. As for the server size, does it really friggen matter? Does it piss you off THAT bad that we have one more server full of stars than you? Wow....

Is everyone on 360 as vindictive and pathetic?
Just curious. I hope not, of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-02 10:06 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:06 PM
I am. (I thought it was obvious?)

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 01:07 PM
Here is a lesson in reading comprehension since you don't seem to understand the contents of my last post.

I DON'T CARE THAT YOU PLAY ON THE 360.

I CARE THAT YOU ARE BEING AN ASSHOLE.

Understand now?

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:05, panzer_unit wrote:

Seems so :3

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:07, Mewnie wrote:

On 2007-01-02 10:05, panzer_unit wrote:

Seems so :3

Oh the irony.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:05, panzer_unit wrote

Is everyone on the ps2/pc as idiotic and hypocritical? Just curious. I hope not, of course.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:12 PM
So....I am now an asshole for saying that something was ironic(which it was), then I get chewed out for saying it, proceed to defend myself and am now a retarded asshole?

Ok, got it.

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
ur anger is my powar

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
But I am not mad?

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
Don't mind Mewnie. He/She just likes to provoke 360 users with his/her fanboyism.

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:19 PM
you keep posting

DraginHikari
Jan 2, 2007, 01:20 PM
I don't care what system you use the console war crap was old back at pre-release, it just kicking the horse corpse now.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
So if I keep posting I am getting madder?

DAMNIT I FELL FOR IT AGAIN!!

Sometimes a dead horse needs to be kicked, just to make sure it's really dead.

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:25 PM
Don't mind Sychosis. Just another defensive 360 user.

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
They're cropping up all over! ZOUNDS!

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:25, Mewnie wrote:
Don't mind Sychosis. Just another defensive 360 user.

lol. What is there for me to be defensive about? You on the other hand... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DraginHikari
Jan 2, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:24, FrogKicker wrote:
So if I keep posting I am getting madder?

DAMNIT I FELL FOR IT AGAIN!!

Sometimes a dead horse needs to be kicked, just to make sure it's really dead.

There's a big difference between stating a point and rubbing a past point in some else face like a child.

Wheatpenny
Is everyone on this post posting rants about the quality of PS2/PC vs. X360 players when this was about the Ps2/PC meseta economy.*Pantomimes shooting Twin handguns* Play nice kids.

Mewnie
At some point one of you is going to bring up duping, AGAIN.

Go post count +1

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:12, FrogKicker wrote:
So....I am now an asshole for saying that something was ironic(which it was), then I get chewed out for saying it, proceed to defend myself and am now a retarded asshole?

Ok, got it.

No you're an asshole for typing wonderful little tidbits such as...

And other great one liners such as this...

Wheres the choice for "Knew the PC version would be hacked to hell and back so I went with 360 to begin with?" I pick that one.

And this...

But 360 is superior...what? >_>

You could be playing on an Atari 2600, for all that anyone cares. An asshole is an asshole on whatever system they choose to play on. So can you stop being so inflammatory and just let it go? Are you man enough to do something like that?

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 01:39 PM
OH LORDY THE TRAIN HAS JUMPED THE TRACKS SAVE US MODS!!

Shadow_Wing
Jan 2, 2007, 01:44 PM
OH NOES THE HUMANITY!

Xbox-360 sux!
ps2/pc rox!

or....

Xbox-360 rox!
ps2/pc sux!

Personally I like item trading over meseta trading cause I can get awesome items for equally awesome items I don't need =3

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:35, Ghen wrote:

On 2007-01-02 10:12, FrogKicker wrote:

Ok, got it.

No you're an asshole for typing wonderful little tidbits such as...

And other great one liners such as this...

Wheres the choice for "Knew the PC version would be hacked to hell and back so I went with 360 to begin with?" I pick that one.

And this...

But 360 is superior...what? >_>

You could be playing on an Atari 2600, for all that anyone cares. An asshole is an asshole on whatever system they choose to play on. So can you stop being so inflammatory and just let it go? Are you man enough to do something like that?

Probably not. I hold grudges like you wouldn't believe.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:52, FrogKicker wrote:

Probably not. I hold grudges like you wouldn't believe.

So who are you to try and tell PS2/PC players they were wrong about the XBox community? I'm sure they were, but they don't need someone who matches the stereotype to try and say it.

LOL maybe some racial slurs and sexual harassment would help prove your point. <-- SARCASM I'm sure there's going to be someone that doesn't figure it out on their own.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-02 11:02 ]</font>

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
THE END...IT COMES SOON...THE MOD WITH THEIR LOCK...WHO SENT YOU....ARE YOU AN ASSASSIN?!?

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
I would try to sexually harass Ghen but he seems to be very uptight.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 02:12 PM
Mabee we will luck out and we will get sent to FKL...then you will all know true horror.muahahahah

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-01-02 11:08, FrogKicker wrote:

It takes so little to change my opinion of people sometimes. LOL that was awesome.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-01-02 11:08, FrogKicker wrote:

I'd pay to see that.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
It seem that GREAT JUSTICE has prevailed and the fighting has stopped. And now a moment of silence.

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 02:40 PM
Well, I'll suck you off, but only if you suck me off first. :3

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
I was not expecting that...

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
You 2 still at it? jeebus. calm down.

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
I think it calmed down about 6 posts ago.... or something.

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-01-02 12:31, Ghen wrote:
I think it calmed down about 6 posts ago.... or something.

O RLY?!?

ps2/PC sux

Ghen
Jan 2, 2007, 03:50 PM
NO WAI!!!!!!!!!

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 03:58 PM
This topic has been mod food for a while now...

Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Now then, Ghen, Frog, where is mah sex tape? I need it for exploitation ya see.

Also, yeah the uh, pc/ps2 market is expensive...yeah...

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sell the items for what everyone else is doing, or keep it yourself. If you sell it for what it "should" be versus what everyone else is, you're just giving some ass easy money when he buys it and resells it. Get the meseta before he does. ~_~

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 09:54 PM
Alternatively don't sell it.

Trade it for equally rare items until the money market is cleaned up.

Alternatively: Quit and buy a 360.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 09:57 PM
Nah, I don't get lag on my PC version. PSU lags even on a PS3 so i'll stay here. x_X

_Deliverance_
Jan 2, 2007, 10:10 PM
DON'T WORRY GUYZ, THERE'RE IDIOTS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE!

Remedy
Jan 2, 2007, 11:49 PM
There's really three schools of thought about this.

School one: The Ostrich School - Pretending that nothing is wrong, and listing your items for "what they should be worth". This doesn't do much - the meseta is coming from the same sources, and it's only moving it out of the hands that want it even faster, given that in the market, the price is severely depressed (5% or so of common market value)

School two: The Sheep School - Following along with obscene market pricing, and pricing your Onmagoug Auge for 2.5 million just because the next schmuck has his for 2.5 million. This merely serves to piss people off and essentially guarantees that those that are illegitimate (although everyone is in the PC/PS2 economy that runs any sort of player shop) will come and buy your wares - or that they won't move at all.

School three: The Human School - Observing the economy for what it is - something hyper-inflated by mass income with little moneysinks, and attempting to provide fair prices (90% of what I sell is at about a third of "common market value") while still attempting to make a decent income for one's self.

As you can tell, I ascribe to the third. Frankly, I'm tempted to subscribe to the second long enough to amass funds to replace my Onmagoug statue (which, ironically enough, was stolen by hackers - what harm is there in using their own tools to undo their crimes?), and then return to what I do - price very fairly and competitively within the current market environment.

fork
Jan 3, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-01-02 20:49, Remedy wrote:
There's really three schools of thought about this.

School one: The Ostrich School - Pretending that nothing is wrong, and listing your items for "what they should be worth". This doesn't do much - the meseta is coming from the same sources, and it's only moving it out of the hands that want it even faster, given that in the market, the price is severely depressed (5% or so of common market value)

School two: The Sheep School - Following along with obscene market pricing, and pricing your Onmagoug Auge for 2.5 million just because the next schmuck has his for 2.5 million. This merely serves to piss people off and essentially guarantees that those that are illegitimate (although everyone is in the PC/PS2 economy that runs any sort of player shop) will come and buy your wares - or that they won't move at all.

School three: The Human School - Observing the economy for what it is - something hyper-inflated by mass income with little moneysinks, and attempting to provide fair prices (90% of what I sell is at about a third of "common market value") while still attempting to make a decent income for one's self.

As you can tell, I ascribe to the third. Frankly, I'm tempted to subscribe to the second long enough to amass funds to replace my Onmagoug statue (which, ironically enough, was stolen by hackers - what harm is there in using their own tools to undo their crimes?), and then return to what I do - price very fairly and competitively within the current market environment.

Unfortunately there aren't nearly enough people from the first and third schools to get the economy back on track.

Here's the solution. It's quick, and easy, and will only piss off the gougers in group two, and who cares what they think?

When doing a search by item, the results should be listed in ascending order of selling price. The-fucking-end.

Prices will immediately drop down to rational levels with no more 5000% markup, just like in the real world. No one in in the real world is selling Ford Mustangs for eight million dollars each, because six seconds of looking around on the internet will show prices around 20k.

Now, to head off the kneejerk bitching I'm sure some of the price gougers are brewing up as we speak, no one is selling Mustangs for $8 each either. The price stabilizes between cost/rarity for the seller and demand/need for the buyer. It always does. This won't result in a cataclysmic wave of undercutting because once you reach a certain point sellers can't go any lower without wasting their time...it's the same balance that keeps prices somewhere above "YAY, FREE" in the real world. All it will do is force sellers to offer FAIR prices to stay competitive. Anyone offering prices below fair will run out of stock (and patience) quickly, and anyone offering prices ABOVE fair will have a harder time moving merchandise. And anyone offering prices WAY above fair, like 10k for a ban photon or 10 mil for a relic edge, will only be doing business with meseta dupers and at that point they can HAVE each other for all I care; the rest of us will be doing our own thing in a stable, balanced economy. Like I said, the end.