PDA

View Full Version : Armour, Important?

Kimil
Jan 1, 2007, 07:24 PM
Armour is VERY highly priced, and I';ve noticed lvl 60 who still use their 4* armours... so here's my question

How important is getting high spec armour IYO?
And whats your Armour ranking verses your Character Level?>

soolayah
Jan 1, 2007, 07:31 PM
i still have my 1* armor i got when i started, and im level 32. xD
as a force i haven't really found the need to upgrade, since my sucky dfp makes me cautious not to get hit at all, and i'll just resta as soon as i get hit once.
but i've been thinking about upgrading for a while, but my to-be-tech pm is eating all my money. >.o

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
If you're a melee class on the front lines on an S-Rank Mission and you're still wearing a Megaline i'm gonna boot you. Stupid Resta sinks. -_-

Parn
Jan 1, 2007, 07:35 PM
I bought my Hardline before I upgraded my weaponry, as a fortefighter.

Take that as you will.

Kimil
Jan 1, 2007, 07:35 PM
True true
My Chiyoko is...

FemBeast lv 37
Wartecker lv 2

So I just bought the TE-senba for 95K because the player shops suck lol
Resta Takes a while to load if I was going melle :

Kimil
Jan 1, 2007, 07:38 PM
hardline is 7* right? (sorry n00b question, lemme go check it)
I only have one A rank wep, I hate this 50% chance of success crap

Chris28
Jan 1, 2007, 07:40 PM
i have a 16% dark phantomline

im a lvl 60 M Cast/7 fighgunner

Oxidation
Jan 1, 2007, 07:42 PM
i use the har-senba 7* for my fortecher because survivability means most to me. Scape dolls arent cheap!

Corsesca
Jan 1, 2007, 07:44 PM
If you got a good deal of Scapes, or you're a Ranger it really doesn't matter.
So long as you have the Units that you need. I couldn't live without my Mega/Power.

PJ
Jan 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
All my characters still have thier basic Carline/Rabol Car/Newman shield.

I just can't afford better yet. I have a board for a... something, but it's got 3 chances to synthesize, only a 50% chance each time, and it's failed once.

imfanboy
Jan 1, 2007, 08:09 PM
I actually take a different route.

Elemental %s matter FAR MORE than mere stats, so I synthed cheap Zeetlines and Ageha-Senbas (tons of them!) trying to get good elemental stats.

So far I have 2 30% Fire, 1 24% dark, 1 22% ice, and the rest... not so good.

But in comparison, when I'm wearing my 30% fire with a Mega/Rainbow, Onmagoug SRANK lightning does NOT kill me, and I stroll through Vanda fire with ease. When I'm wearing the ice armor, I laugh at barta.

The trick is to just carry the armors matching enemy elements and get REALLY good at switching - it takes about a half-second to do and reduces the damage you take, both melee and tech, by a TON.

McLaughlin
Jan 1, 2007, 08:10 PM
For the record, a Hardline is 200,000 meseta.

Golto
Jan 1, 2007, 08:37 PM
Listen to imfanboy, element % is much more important than dfp evd ratings. But switching armors on the fly isn't that good when being a Cast since there goes your suv charge correct?

trust_kill
Jan 1, 2007, 09:07 PM
Nope.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 1, 2007, 09:28 PM
well, I have a nafri-senba for 250k, and I'm now broke(there goes my money for that light element Heavy Twins for the next update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 10:21 PM
On a ranger it barely matters, but for the slots.

On a hunter it matters, but dodging matters more - if you are already a beast you are used to getting behind things anyway.

I've never NEEDED better than a megaline for pure damage taking. For slots, I NEED something with head and arm slots. It depends on the class I'm playing. That's it. If you think I'm a resta sink then fuck you, I know what I'm doing. On my fortefighter I take few hits, and on my 'techer characters I just resta myself.

I always buy weapons over armour because I know I can avoid getting hit too much. My ranger can handle everything in S rank bar bosses' ranged attacks with a BUSTERLINE. I know that needs upgrading but have a heart, I just switched to 360 and I can't afford much batter atm. If you booted me for that on a non boss mission (all I'm attempting atm) then I'm afraid I'll vote your all-important gamer rep down!

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 1, 2007, 10:50 PM
Armor makes alot of difference once you reach higher areas. You will need those extra boosts that stops certain elements and damages from monsters like... Those gohmons (the ones that spit Barta at you) especially in S missions (mainly the attack-buffed ones.)

You also have to remember that when gaining strength from armor with one element, comes a weakness to it also.

Like say you have a Fire Element armor. You will resist mainly fire at best, but you will be weak against Ice at worst.

I would definitely reccomend armor as an important aspect of the gameplay. You're going to need them for units either way.

Retehi
Jan 1, 2007, 10:58 PM
I'm still using a Stellaline, being a 34 Ranger.

I'm doing fine personally.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:00 PM
On 2007-01-01 19:21, -Shimarisu- wrote:
if you are already a beast you are used to getting behind things anyway.

My Beast doesn't have to attack from behind on S-Rank missions to hit anything, so I don't know where that came from.

Aside from Bees. But everyone who isn't a techer has to so that's not a valid point.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-01-01 19:50, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Armor makes alot of difference once you reach higher areas.

I'm in higher areas. It does not, on a skilled player who is either ranged or knows how to dodge.

On my wartecher I used to deequip armour just so I could nano, like EVER, otherwise I blocked most stuff.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-01-01 20:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-01-01 19:21, -Shimarisu- wrote:
if you are already a beast you are used to getting behind things anyway.

My Beast doesn't have to attack from behind on S-Rank missions to hit anything, so I don't know where that came from.

Aside from Bees. But everyone who isn't a techer has to so that's not a valid point.

That is so much bullshit I LOLed, you never have to go behind things to hit 100%? REALLY? I go behind thigs just to get more hits in. If you never see 0s you are probably on the wrong server, yeah I will tell you straight PC players, EVEN THE MOST CASUAL, DO have more useful equips than anyone on other servers can FEASIBLY afford.

We can't AFFORD your 4 slotted, uber armours on 360 or JP til after a fair few S runs. Or spamming A all days solo to save up, either way if we can do without your grind to get there then we can do without it. If you're snotty and kick a GOOD player making do with in your opinion shitty equips, then fuck you. Really.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
I see so few zeros that I only get behind mobs that are casters or hit hard like leaders. Everything else? Not enough zeros to care.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:19 PM
OK, keep getting hit then and I'm sure your expensive armour will take all the damage for you, it's not like this game NEEDS any challenge to be fun?

Right?
Right?

All this is seriously why I quit PC. I don't WANT to be able to afford stuff that makes the game too bloody easy, nor do I want to be kicked for not having it.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 1, 2007, 11:24 PM
I thought you quit the PC version because you were afraid of getting hacked? Not this "just" cause of fair play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:25 PM
LOL no, I did not remotely care about getting hacked.

I quit over hacked meseta.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 1, 2007, 11:31 PM
SEriously though, sorry for getting so annoyed, I'm quite irritable atm. Really I quit PC because it was getting too easy to make megabucks and have everything you wanted. I was one of the savvy shopkeepers with lots of cash from the start, but it was still hard to afforrd good armour, it cutting seriously into the budget for weapons.
However I enjoyed the trading system too much. When I started selling A rank weapons inside 2 mins, it was time to call it a day. I enjoy the CHALLENGE of ammassing cash and building a character up slowly. When you can just jump to max equips possible because you have a shop and are good at hiting the right markets, it's time to go elsewhere.

If you're skilled, you can leave buying good armour til last.

You should also go for good %s, or slotted armours and units over having an 8* armour or something daft. If you weren't swimming in cash, you'd be doing exactly that.

Sekani
Jan 2, 2007, 12:21 AM
It's hard to find good mid-level armor with an extra slot (SUV) in it. Recommendations would be appreciated.

imfanboy
Jan 2, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-01-01 17:37, Golto wrote:
Listen to imfanboy, element % is much more important than dfp evd ratings. But switching armors on the fly isn't that good when being a Cast since there goes your suv charge correct?

As long as they both have extra slots, then no, switching does not affect your SUV blast.

As far as the best mid-level armors go with an Extra slot, I actually like the Ageha-Senba. It doesn't have an Arm slot, but as a CAST your ATA is high anyway; and it has the Body slot for a Mega / Rainbow, a Head slot for a / Mind unit, and an Extra slot for an SUV.

Plus, it's 4* so it's relatively easy to synth (70% on 100 armor PM), and has high stats. The only downside is that it requires ortacarbons.... which you have to NPC-buy.

For a high-level ranger/fighgunner who has the cash to risk it, I do like the Midiline; it's RA-only though, so be sure to SEE if you can equip it before buying the board. ^-^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-01 21:33 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 2, 2007, 12:34 AM
I have an Ageha-Senba cause it has a head, body, and extra slot, I'm a level 55 beast. Getting behind enemies is important to hit them, and it's crap if you think otherwise as a beast. Not only do I hit more, but I don't get hit enough to worry about, except when Nano Blasting

Armor to me is all about the slots. Just like back in old PSO, I had a 4 slot armor, and never changed it until I found another 4 slot.

THE JACKEL

Hustler_One
Jan 2, 2007, 03:31 AM
On 2007-01-01 21:34, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Getting behind enemies is important to hit them, and it's crap if you think otherwise as a beast. Not only do I hit more, but I don't get hit enough to worry about, except when Nano Blasting

Ive yet to need to get behind them, I accually like standing in front of them. That way, I get hit, my Nanoblast bar fills faster, and I chug a mate to make up for the hit.

Granted this is a risky trick when used on anything that hits REALLY hard, or freezes/sleeps/paralysis. But I have scapes if it goes wrong, and im not a "resta sink" as someone else put it because im chuggging mates to make up for this rather brash mode of play I use. It works, its a bit more expensive maybe but my guage builds up quickly and I have yet to die doing it since.... Ohh.... Quite a while ago.

ON TOPIC- I dont think armor is important really. Slots are nice, but since they dont raise your raw stats not as vital as they were in PSO. And the only difference I notice between my Rabol Hard and old perpaline is my block rate, its a lot higher. The damage taken however, is VERY similar, maybe 30-50 points of difference. So, no. Weapons > Armor IMO

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 2, 2007, 03:41 AM
If you need to get hit to fill your nano meter... that's kinda sad. Mine fills fast enough just dishing out damage, I don't need to take damage. Just killing enemies I can fill it every block

THE JACKEL

Hustler_One
Jan 2, 2007, 03:48 AM
On 2007-01-02 00:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
If you need to get hit to fill your nano meter... that's kinda sad. Mine fills fast enough just dishing out damage, I don't need to take damage. Just killing enemies I can fill it every block

Please point out the part I said I NEEDED to get hit. I said I stand in front, and TAKE the hits, cause it works FASTER. Mine fills plenty fast dealing damage too, and it fills faster when I am taking some hits as well. It's not like mates are expensive, and even in S rank 1 or 2 monomates will make up for a hit.

Cassiopeia
Jan 2, 2007, 03:53 AM
I was using a Stellaline until about level thirty five. If you're a Ranger, and you're close enough to the monsters that you risk being hit by them, you're doing something wrong. Melee is for your meatshields.

Gulkeeva
Jan 2, 2007, 03:59 AM
Too lazy to read but!

On a Lv60 fortefighter Lv10 fortefighter...

4* armor 30% elemental gigaline reduces fire damage from fire mobs S rank by about 50% 130~140's -> 60-70

8* armor 50% elemental sori-senba reduces ice damage from ice mobs S rank about 90% 400~450 -> 50-70

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gulkeeva on 2007-01-02 07:27 ]</font>

icewyrm
Jan 2, 2007, 05:06 AM
fire damage from ice mobs? :S

Dyssaan
Jan 2, 2007, 08:41 AM
I'm a suicide fortetecher..so armor is important to me. It's the number one thing you can do to improve your survivablilty, ability to solo, etc.. and I've a noticed a small boost in evp or dfp makes a HUGE difference in the amount of damage I take. It is expensive... but improves your play experience dramatically.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 08:52 AM
XD im a resta sink, i guess...ah well, guess its time to shop for some fancy-schmancy lightning armor because, well, if its available, i just HAVE to get it if i dont want to overwork an already-overworked techer XP

etlitch
Jan 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
1. It's so you can use USEFULL stuff, such as PP save units.
2. Element % is the only thing that ensures reduced damage taken.

ParableApple
Jan 2, 2007, 09:07 AM
I bought a Rabol Tero for 95k... I find the difference huge. then again, I'm a hunter so I take a lot of damage anyway, and I have to solo quite often.

imfanboy
Jan 2, 2007, 09:22 AM
Hey meru, mail me and I'll synth you some good armor... Well, if you provide the mats that is. Well, Metacarbons are cheap in player stores and Rabol Weldas are good 4* armors that aren't too hard to synth and have the arm/body slot people should require....

But, uh. What would you need lightning armors for? *blink, blink*

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-01-02 06:22, imfanboy wrote:
But, uh. What would you need lightning armors for? *blink, blink*

because lightning is my favorite element XP oh, yah, i guess its not the most annoying spell, but ah well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

XD and on the subject, if it makes me a bitch because i dont equip myself as effectively as i possibly, then dont party with me XP that goes for anyone who feels people should splurge their mesetas on shitty synth attempts or NPC/player shops X3

imfanboy
Jan 2, 2007, 09:54 AM
hey, lightning looks mighty stylish, don't get me wrong. ^_^ *puts on lightning Zeetline and parades around* Yellow on yellow... yum.

But all of the armors have their points, and it wouldn't be very healthy to wear that lightning armor in Bruce's Dungeon.... ugh, Bils hit hard enough as it is without GIVING them free damage points.

But of course I'd bw willing to help you out. When I'm not doing something else, of course.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
XD eh i see your point, i suppose there is always room for adjustment according to the present situation...yeah, im not going to walk around moatoob with a fucking target on my chest labeled KILLMEINONESHOTPLZ XD

but i mean otherwise, if you can still take well more than a few hits, in comparison to someone wearing clothes with, about say 20moreDFP, A-O-K in my book, because 1/9HP Damage over 1/7HP Damage doesnt force a new routine on your Techer XP

in retrospect, im sure if you're still sporting a carline around lv50, you REALLY should at least put 10k meseta towards some defense XP

Remedy
Jan 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
Armor is all about units and elemental protection. If the armor is of a sufficient rank and has the sufficient slots to use what you need to use, and it has the proper elemental attunement for the mission you're hunting, it's fine.

Gulkeeva
Jan 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-01-02 02:06, icewyrm wrote:
fire damage from ice mobs? :S

eh fixed it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and yes there are fire mobs that use ice spells and probably see one eventually thats an ice mob that uses fire stuff >.>

Examples!

Jarba Fire element , uses ice technic
Red bot at temple lightning element, uses earth technic

Too lazy to think of others at moment >.>

_Deliverance_
Jan 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hey, if you can manage with shoddy armor. Good for you. But I have to constantly run over to heal you, much more than other people....I'd give you shit, for sure. Making money in this game isn't hard.

Don't slow your teammates down because you don't want to gear yourself well.
Everyone has to farm/synth for their equipment. It's common courtesy.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:02 PM
Lightning would take some sting out of those damned Volfus in Lab S.

I've got 10% Ice armor on (I like not dying to jarba's barta) and even the fire guys don't hurt much... but I've been 3-shotted thanks to crits by a pack of freaking volfs and it sucks to waste a scape on something besides megid.

EDIT: Gigaline and Gi-Senba are the armors I'm using right now, Gigaline's more generally useful but KILLS me when I get hit by barta so I wear a low-% Gi-Senba on neu and when I'm up against Jarbas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-02 09:10 ]</font>

Mewnie
Jan 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
yeah, that barta took me by surprise the other day X3

also, stupid me for taking a few days off from PSU and negleting to check my scape supply X3 X3

Itchee
Jan 2, 2007, 12:15 PM
Its been said before, but Rangers are really the only jobs in the position to temporarily overlook armor. Personally, I tend to go for new armor asap in rpgs...so I totally agree with the forces upset at nursing duty. A good ranger in PSU, however, hardly ever gets hit. Im still wearing my Megaline at 46 while waiting to level into my Midiline.....never had a problem...even in S-rank missions.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
No problem mewnie. I dunno how many times I've gotten killed by that spell trying to melee with Jarba or Kamatoze. Its a lot. I stay well back with a bow or grenade now. :]

I would have been up for running right back into the with you and showing those stupid Jarbas who was who but my wife was getting mad. Gimme a shout next time you're on and we'll do it then.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-01-01 16:35, Parn wrote:
I bought my Hardline before I upgraded my weaponry, as a fortefighter.

Take that as you will.

Wow Parn I did the same thing.

Lowene
Jan 3, 2007, 01:52 PM
I myself only wear a megaline for now. (with lowly 12% frost. gonna make more of those hwne i get the materials) i play s rank missions and well sure when i am in beast form i need to be healed some or i cant go fully out. otherwise i try to avoid as much as possible and always keep a scape doll or 2 in stock for just in case. anyone can be crossfired and instant die :s

Reiichi
Jan 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
For a hunter % matters the most, then slots, unless you are a cast.

I absolutely HATE EVP. Nothing like having my PA interrupted, or a swing interrupted. Zzzzzz slows down my DPS. I'd rather take the hit (albeit a minor one) and continue swinging away. Unfortunately the armors with the best DFP and lowest EVP comparatively, are yohmei =p

I have a 50% fire ageha-senba that I use on my 60 figunner along with an ice armor when running MD S and Onma S. It is at the point where worms will rarely knock me off my feet and slowing my combat down because the damage has been reduced that much.

I had a newbie running deragan C, and I could stand in the fire breath and laugh at the 25 damage I'd receive. Deragan moving? 3 damage doesn't cause flinching. Deragan charging at me? lolz I didn't even get knocked down that time. Seemed like people 20+ levels higher would take more damage than me even though they had some form of fire armor on.

Oh but you have to be sharp with armor switching. Nothing like getting blasted with barta for 1200s by those mage leaders on Onma S. Other drawback is that unless you want to re-equip units, you need elemental armors with the same unit slots for the same zone. MD S and Onma S = fire and ice armor with similar slots. Means it's difficult to get by with a hardline and gi-senba.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 3, 2007, 07:23 PM
WOuld you guys say it's better to buy the board and try synthing armors with what you find, or better to suck it up and buy armor at the shops?

I have only been able to craft low * armor, but there are great armors with resits in the shops, and I sure could use a great armor with lots of Ice/Dark resists.

Randomness
Jan 3, 2007, 07:30 PM
Well, in-shop armors with 20+% resist and that can use Mega/Rainbow are pretty good in my experience.

Carbinne
Jan 3, 2007, 10:05 PM
My 50% 3 star Busterline that I practically stole from a player shop reduces S rank De Ragan Go Vahra damage from 150 to 65. This is in comparison to a 14% dark 7 star Phantom Line. Small price to pay for not using my SUV.