PDA

View Full Version : Protransers own with traps..and Human protransers pwn all?

DRO
Jan 2, 2007, 02:48 AM
Ok so today I was told that humans are the best class for protranser...agree?why? do protranser have to lvl up trap skills or something or do they stay with the same effect from lvl 1 on?

any good info on protransers is appreciated...Im considering making my next char human prot.

Superlooper5
Jan 2, 2007, 03:30 AM
Its Because Humans Are Balanced They Can Pull Off any class pretty easily ^_^

Cassiopeia
Jan 2, 2007, 03:40 AM
The amount of damage a trap does is a fixed amount plus a number based on the strength of the trap multiplied by your character level. The G versions of traps do more damage than regular versions. Protransers do more base damage with traps.

Taken from PSUpedia.org=
Regular Trap, Ranger: .75 * level + 181
G Trap, Ranger: 1.25 * level + 115
Regular Trap, Protranser: 1.25 * level + 115
G-Trap, Protranser: 1.75 * level + 181

Race doesn't seem to figure into it.

So if my math is right, a level 60 protranser's G-type trap will do 286 damage (plus fun stat effects).

Poor humans. Beasts get nanoblast, Casts get SUV, Numans get to be the cutest ones in the game, what do humans get? Nothing.

Itsuki
Jan 2, 2007, 04:47 AM
Humans get to be the rejects http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

icewyrm
Jan 2, 2007, 04:49 AM
Humans get to be not freaks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ri0T
Jan 2, 2007, 04:52 AM
Human Protransers get stat bonuses. They are the only race who get stat bonuses for the Protranser type.

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 2, 2007, 04:55 AM
286 dmg thats nothing.... stat effects all that matters then.

so unless transer gets some sort of boost on that, seems that any ranger type will be just as good with traps.

I wish I could use burn/infect traps id carry some for onma S runs.

Vuman
Jan 2, 2007, 05:10 AM
Humans get to wear clothing while Casts look ugly as ever. I mean seriously who over at Sega Genesis HQ thought up the Brain and Gun heads? Must've been a long day. Parts options are severely limited and mostly bad looking imo. One article of clothing can come in different colors while parts are one color. At least in Blue Burst Casts could look diesel. In Phantasy Star Universe, they're either short or tall and always skinny.

MegaBUD
Jan 2, 2007, 05:10 AM
On 2007-01-02 00:40, Cassiopeia wrote:
The amount of damage a trap does is a fixed amount plus a number based on the strength of the trap multiplied by your character level. The G versions of traps do more damage than regular versions. Protransers do more base damage with traps.

Taken from PSUpedia.org=
Regular Trap, Ranger: .75 * level + 181
G Trap, Ranger: 1.25 * level + 115
Regular Trap, Protranser: 1.25 * level + 115
G-Trap, Protranser: 1.75 * level + 181

Race doesn't seem to figure into it.

So if my math is right, a level 60 protranser's G-type trap will do 286 damage (plus fun stat effects).

Poor humans. Beasts get nanoblast, Casts get SUV, Numans get to be the cutest ones in the game, what do humans get? Nothing.

numan = beast

and rika in PS4 is a beast

sorry

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 05:32 AM
On 2007-01-02 02:10, MegaBUD wrote:

numan = beast

sorry

No. The Numans of the older PS games are now the Newmans (I still say Numan though, just sounds better, IMHO), while Beasts are an entirely new race.

MegaBUD
Jan 2, 2007, 05:55 AM
On 2007-01-02 02:32, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

numan = beast

sorry

No. The Numans of the older PS games are now the Newmans (I still say Numan though, just sounds better, IMHO), while Beasts are an entirely new race.

Well... from what i see from ps4.. rika is a beast...

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-01-02 01:47, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Humans get to be the rejects http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

No I pretty much think newman guntechers are the rejects ( http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif optional )

Alisha
Jan 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
isnt there S-traps that arent releashed yet? like those floating traps in story mode that do omgwtf damage. also its possible traps can do more damage if you match up elements. i'm sure s-traps would be protranser only and i'd lol at rangers if they have lvl 5 SE or something.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 10:09 AM
I think Protranser G traps are SE5 or something... thanks to Lab S I've found that PT's can status boss mobs with Virus G and a ForteGunner can't using the same traps.

I think Humans do make the best Protransers. They lose the least (compared to other races) when you compare their PT stats with fF or fG... Humans also get a better deal than Cast or Beast on the defensive, since (early) PT defensive stats favor evade pretty heavily. The major drawback is that you're gonna have to be more hardcore about ranking up to meet requirements for A-rank weaponry. Casts get sweet firearms, including lasers and grenades pretty quickly. Beasts get their hands on much better melee weapons, and axes of course, a lot sooner.

Solstis
Jan 2, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-01-02 02:55, MegaBUD wrote:

On 2007-01-02 02:32, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

numan = beast

sorry

Well... from what i see from ps4.. rika is a beast...

She might have beast looking ears, but all pointy eared peoples were newman/numan. All were created by SEED, Motherbrain, or some variation thereof.

There were no beasts before PSU. ST just recently made it up.

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 11:06 AM
How can you talk badly about Humans when you have me and Parn around? /sexy

Being a Protranser Human, I can honestly say.....IT ROCKS! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif My damage is pretty good and I don't die very often but at times I do take a hit pretty hard, but not as much as I use to. Traps are damn fun. Yesterday I got my Protranser to Lv 55/5 and I hoping to make it 55/6 when I get home. He has about 291 ATP and enough ATA to use any 8* gun I want (that I am allowed). Oh and bows are godsent for Protransers. Be sure to get at least 21 with a Fire Bow.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
XD yah isnt it nice to finally be able to equip those A ranks that everyone totes we are underpowered because we cant use them? :3

Human or not human, the advantages are there, but is it worthless to be any type of protranser but human? XD in no way, shape or form....

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
Meru! I was going to mention ya. I think Im close to being on par with you on available melee weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I got my axe in the oven waiting for it to be complete. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
I am not a protranser but my friend Flik is.. and he honestly sometimes has trouble wondering if he should level up the job anymore. I was encouraging him by saying that eventualy around Class level 10 his stats will start going up by large boosts and eventualy he can solo like no ones buisines with his level 30 PA and traps and bullets. Was I right in telling him this.mabee some of you can tell me what to tell him to expect eventualy. Personally I would like to see more protransers and I don't want him to do some other class.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
XD i embraced the lower levels, you basically dont exactly start out with anything new and you dont have to spend hundreds and thousands of meseta on new weapons that cant be grinded anyway XP if you havent maxxed out all your PAs already, you're sure to have fun spamming them while you climb the ranks :3 AND you'll always have something to look forward to X3 i mean, everytime i got one of my PAs to 21, I spazzed out X3

XP as long as your friend thinks the ends justify the means, thats all that matters, otherwise theres lotsa other classes that provides the same experiences, im sure :3

Alisha
Jan 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
the problem with a human protranser is the amount of stat points wasted in tp.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 11:56 AM
I guess I should say "Protranser is one of the best classes for Human" instead of the other way around. Anyone who's actually played the class has had to go through the same deal with godawful ATP and ATA... we might get out of the ghetto a rank or a couple levels sooner or later, but everyone gets out of it eventually. Doesn't matter what race you are.

Depending on level, race, and what he really wants to get Filk can expect things to be a lot more cheerful somewhere in the rank 4~6 range. It's all about earning the right to use those couple A ranks for equipment. I'm going with grinded 6* for everything else... it's so much cheaper to get and recharge, and in some cases equally strong.

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
*agrees with Meru* I do miss the lower levels. I still actually use some of the weapons I did when I was Lv 34/1. All I did was keep grinding them until I got them to +6 or more. I wasn't smart enough cap my PAs. I kinda rushed into the class and suffered for a long time because of it. Now I got most of my PAs 21+ and I cruise along without a problem. Leveling Protranser has been very fun. Like Meru said, you ALWAYS have something to look forward to; whether its a weapon, skill, or just a level, you feel glad when you accomplish them.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-01-02 08:56, panzer_unit wrote:
'm going with grinded 6* for everything else... it's so much cheaper to get and recharge, and in some cases equally strong.

yah i was thinking the same thing XP i mean, if there were 6* axes and grenade launchers, id have been all over 'em XD

such a shame that power-levelers are once again being screwed by being stuck using weapons that have the potential to be stronger if one stupid item was unlocked >P

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
Ok cool thanks guys.Much apreciated on the info.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:03, Merumeru wrote:

yah i was thinking the same thing XP i mean, if there were 6* axes and grenade launchers, id have been all over 'em XD

such a shame that power-levelers are once again being screwed by being stuck using weapons that have the potential to be stronger if one stupid item was unlocked >P

I guess Sega doesn't want the new-rank smell to wear off of that stuff for a while http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hopefully we won't have to wait long.

Maybe they'll fix all the extra money in the PS2/PC economy by tossing in one day of really rotten luck on A-rank grinding lol.

SolRiver
Jan 2, 2007, 06:42 PM
Human got the 2nd worst ATP and ATA, while their TP doesn't make up for it at all. Sounds like a world of pain to me, but if anyone going protranser to begin with, they won't care.

So, who cares?

Thrash777
Jan 2, 2007, 08:11 PM
Go to http://www.psupedia.org and see for yourself that Humans get quite a big set of stat bonuses for being Protransers. It is considerably more than the bonuses other Races get for their repective Expert Classes...