PDA

View Full Version : When u first played the game

LegendKilla01
Jan 2, 2007, 05:07 AM
Did u first play offline or online and what was the most exciting thing that happened in the first few hours of ur phantasy file?

LegendKilla01
Jan 2, 2007, 07:37 AM
ok...mine was when i saw all those shops and thought that of course the other planets must have shops too!,and my pm.

Cry0
Jan 2, 2007, 08:04 AM
i played offline first.

most exciting? rising crush on twin sabers, definately.

Kirip-san
Jan 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
On 2007-01-02 05:04, Cry0 wrote:
i played offline first.

most exciting? rising crush on twin sabers, definately.

Remedy
Jan 2, 2007, 09:02 AM
Offline, forcibly.

Most exciting? First time I killed something with Megid. :hellyeah:

oops wrong forums *goes back to SA*

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2007, 10:23 AM
Offline (especially since I cant play online right now). Id have to say, just looking at how amazing the cities were really shocked me...especially Neudaiz. I knew Id love it! Even having explained in game to me that Mt. Ohtoku has water flowing upwards. Thats pretty damn cool! In terms of battle, Id have to say, when my main dances around with 2 sabers, destroying everything around her. That left me awestruck...

ACH
Jan 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
Offline first since I got the game a day before the real release and the servers weren't up then. When I finally got online and did the tutorial I found Rappys in the last room. :3

Ryno
Jan 2, 2007, 10:55 AM

when i 1st played PSU i thought reverser was reverser as in reviving a person just like pso...lol.

and when people died.. i used reverser and it didnt worked...lol.. but reverser was anti...=P

and i thought animate was the Difluid and Trifluids... LOL.. i used animate but it didnt work.. until somone told me that photon charge was the difluid and trifluids...lol..

this was on the beta 360

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, why isnt Reverser...REVERSER? That threw me for a loop. Whats up with that, ST? That & the fluids are gone. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif However, being able to have one wep & multiple skills (& photon types & colors) on it is pretty cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-01-02 07:55, Ryno wrote:

when i 1st played PSU i thought reverser was reverser as in reviving a person just like pso...lol.

and when people died.. i used reverser and it didnt worked...lol.. but reverser was anti...=P

I did the same thing. Reverser has always been the NA name for the ressurection technique. Why the name change? And where is my hewn?!?!?!

OdinTyler
Jan 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, theres no wind spells. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif However, there are wind-like abilities for certain weps like the 2h sword & the double saber. Ive been trying these out as I too, want wind abilities. The double saber PA is crazy!

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 12:15 PM
XD went straight to online, dabbed in a bit of offline...and the most surprising thing for me was just...the battle system was love at first sight <3

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
The joys of cut-in chat :] Sometimes I wish I'd picked an actual face for my character lol.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-01-02 08:09, OdinTyler wrote:
Yeah, theres no wind spells. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif However, there are wind-like abilities for certain weps like the 2h sword & the double saber. Ive been trying these out as I too, want wind abilities. The double saber PA is crazy!

No doubt. It would be the perfect tech to give us a knockback/up/down ability.

Kalent
Jan 2, 2007, 01:30 PM
This whole game is pretty amazing to me, considering this is my first time in the PS series at all. It's not like this game is OMGWTFBBQNEXTGEN or anything, but it's definatly enjoyable, and holds a good replay value.

EDIT* Started with offline cause the pay2play put me down at first, once I did that I HAD to get online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalent on 2007-01-02 10:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalent on 2007-01-02 10:33 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 01:44 PM
I started this offline just like I did with PSO. It didn't take long for the addiction factor to come in, actually. Combat felt like a smoother, more free, PSO. I guess that was my initial impression. In general, like PSO, the addiction set in not long after I moved my character around. There's something about taking direct motion, in a game like this, and performing all kinds of stuff normally reserved for a slower RPG. Of course, the sci-fi environment helps. But there's something special in just controlling your character and seeing them in action, in these games. That alone is enough to just initially grab me. PSO/PSU just does something with that, that is unique.

Kalent
Jan 2, 2007, 01:49 PM
I agree with that completly. I like the whole "action-rpg" element this game has. It makes you feel like your actually doing something.

Umberger
Jan 2, 2007, 02:46 PM
First time I played was the online beta. I was a FOnewm, and solod LLB at level 5. Oh how the days go by.