PDA

View Full Version : Familys of PSU: How do you play the game together?

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 11:26 AM
My brother and I play PSU; not together, but we play. Once and a while I may pop in his party to mess with him and tease his friend. I share some of my items with him at times and he may or may not make me a weapon if I need it.

So, if you play PSU with your family or relative, how do you work together? Share item or party together?

Feel free to share! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Chris28
Jan 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
i play on my own. my brother started some of story mode but is too involved with his wii.

Kirip-san
Jan 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
Me and my bro just play separately; occasionally he would bug me for something~nyo.
99.9999% of the time the bugging is done through running into each other's room and asking questions~nyo. =x

(Psst...Families, not Familys~nyo. =x)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-01-02 08:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kirip-san on 2007-01-02 08:32 ]</font>

MIGITMAN
Jan 2, 2007, 11:33 AM
I have a family member who also plays PSU. We do the typical sharing items/tips etc.... but we also never tell anyone that we're actually related. (Since both of us are legendary PSU players) It's pretty fun playing mind games with some of our buddies. Which leads to cool and interesting situations. If they knew they would probably freak out, and most likely wouldn't believe us.

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-01-02 08:28, Kirip-san wrote:

Im taking a break from grammar and correct spelling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Been doing it long enough + I am at school atm.

Kirip-san
Jan 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-01-02 08:47, Rizen wrote:

On 2007-01-02 08:28, Kirip-san wrote:

Im taking a break from grammar and correct spelling. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Been doing it long enough + I am at school atm.

School tomorrow for me~nyo...=/
I hope you do well in English today~nyo. >_> <_<

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
Family can be a curse...

I play with my brother, sister, brother in-law and about 4 irl friends. A few more are about to join too.

*criesinfetalposition*

It's not too bad though, we all do our own thing cause of time-zone differences, but when we are on together we always group up and goof off for a good part of the day.

Rizen
Jan 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
>> Trying not to go off topic too much, but I always do well in English, and I dont have English until tomorow, just Japanese.

Back on topic, is the any funny occasions when something drops or someone does something wrong in a party? When my brother dies, I usually yell 'Noob!!' XD

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:04, Rizen wrote:
>> Trying not to go off topic too much, but I always do well in English, and I dont have English until tomorow, just Japanese.

Back on topic, is the any funny occasions when something drops or someone does something wrong in a party? When my brother dies, I usually yell 'Noob!!' XD

Well...I did go over to moy brothers on new years, and when he passed out from being drunk I logged onto his char and transfered all his shit to my char.(Wife logged on my char at home) Then told him yesterday he logged on and gave it all away in his drunken stupor.

Was quite funny the 10 seconds it lasted before I couldn't contain my laughter. his face...priceless...

Kirip-san
Jan 2, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:04, Rizen wrote:

Aww...I wanna learn Japanese in my school.

Me and my brother haven't had one of those moments yet, but half the time I get this undeniable urge to just kick open the door and scream something that fits the situation~nyo. "Idiot" is the most common word for both of us to use~nyo. >_>

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
XD i wish my brother would play with me, but i dont know, doesnt like it for some reason and rather play WoW XP i still cant figure out what aspect of the game he doesnt like...

Kirip-san
Jan 2, 2007, 12:31 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:29, Merumeru wrote:
XD i wish my brother would play with me, but i dont know, doesnt like it for some reason and rather play WoW XP i still cant figure out what aspect of the game he doesnt like...

lolWoW. >_>

-Crokar-
Jan 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
me and my brother play all the time. heck he even bought me a 360 so we could play together. he dies too much in s rank missions. we dont give eachother stuff got to run a legitimate business right?

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 12:41 PM
My brother and I share the same 360 so fortunately I don't have to put up with him on and offline.

Unfortunately his GoW "clan" messages me 3 times per minute to play GoW when I'm playing PSU. I swear to God I'm going to remove them soon.

RoninJoku
Jan 2, 2007, 12:48 PM
I pretty much only play PSU with my brother, and he does the same. We usually play games with just us or one of our other irl friends. But occassionally we do free games and act as weird as possible and try to confuse the crap out of people.

GoggleHead
Jan 2, 2007, 02:28 PM
Slightly related but at the same time not. To any of you who are married or have significant others, do they play? I cannot, for the life of me, get my wife to play.

Oh, and I'm new here (Long time anonymous, just now poster) so hello http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Niki
Jan 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
As far as family goes, it's me and my brother. With his school, we get together perhaps one night a week. There's a big time difference, so often we can't party for too long. My fondest PSU memories are definitely the missions we did together, though, especially our very first runs of DA and GoF: fookin' epic.

VanHalen
Jan 2, 2007, 05:49 PM
well on PSO me and my sister would play together. we would share the items we found(but she mainly took all the meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif) we havent played together on PSU yet but it'll pretty much be the same

happy_cricket
Jan 2, 2007, 07:25 PM
My son plays. He is still little, so I did level him up a bit and score him some weapons. He does really good - he get's lost on the map once in a while, but he very rarely dies. I always think it's funny when he's doing dragon with someone and has to ressurect them with moon atomizers. I like to think it's some noob teenager getting saved by my little boy and doesn't even know it.

My soon to be ex-wife (we are still very good friends) plays. SHe has been playing since I bought the DreamCast just for PSO at launch. She's done every version except BB. Now (we still live in the same house while working things out) we will often argue over whose turn it is. She's my main synthing gal though, and scores me a lot of meseta (her character is higher than mine) so it's all good.

Ryogen
Jan 2, 2007, 09:20 PM
Me and my dad are the top players in my family. My sister plays too but she loves offline more. My dad is currently higher and luckier than me. Getting the items many of us dream of. I do get a lot of help from him including items to help out my PM.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 09:23 PM
I player kill my dad and brother all the time in other games because i'm usually higher level. I can't do that in PSU yet because no pvp element. D:

On PSO I always got my brother killed by running around him when Megid was launched at me. He eventually stopped playing those stages with me. D:

P_C_A
Jan 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
He's not family...but i care for him as if he was my little brother. Me and my friend play together time to time, but mostly we do our own thing. He does call and ask stuff about the game tho.

EJ
Jan 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
my friend plays psu with me but no one in my family really like playing video games much to being with. ;3

ElfKitty
Jan 3, 2007, 12:26 AM
My fiance and I have our office desks and computers side-by-side and we play PSU together. We're pretty good about sharing items, but he always gets more meseta than me, haha. ^_^

MayLee
Jan 3, 2007, 02:30 AM
On 2007-01-02 09:35, -Crokar- wrote:
me and my brother play all the time. heck he even bought me a 360 so we could play together. he dies too much in s rank missions. we dont give eachother stuff got to run a legitimate business right?

Why can't my brother buy me a 360? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Silmeria
Jan 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
My brother , my cousin, my aunt, and i play psu. My cousin and i play together all the time, my brother never plays, and my aunt at the moment has a character thats maxed

Pob
Jan 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
Me and my son have been playing PSO together since the Dreamcast, and now my daughter has joined in for PSU...

They have to share a Guardian License though... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dre_o
Jan 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
My 2 Brothers and I play. Me a Figunner, Older Bro is a Fortecher, Younger is a Fortefighter.

We form one badass mother f*$#&#@ team.

GutsGO
Jan 3, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-01-02 09:48, RoninJoku wrote:
I pretty much only play PSU with my brother, and he does the same. We usually play games with just us or one of our other irl friends. But occassionally we do free games and act as weird as possible and try to confuse the crap out of people.

Same, My brother and I always team together with only a few other close friends from real life and PSO.

When we do public games we act nuts and speak in our own inside joke laden gibberish.

Pretty fun talking smack about noobs in-game through Simple Mail hehehe

FlakariLeader
Jan 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
My brother and I both play PSU.

Magitek_X
Jan 3, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-01-02 23:30, MayLee wrote:
Why can't my brother buy me a 360? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe you should blackmail him into buying one for you.

MayLee
Jan 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
You guys always wanting me to blackmail my brother. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rizen
Jan 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
It's very effective, thats why. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Jan 3, 2007, 01:11 PM
Hehe, that's alright. I can buy it.

FighGunner
Jan 3, 2007, 05:15 PM
my brother and my father both play PSU, we have one of us bring some NPC's and we do S runs together, so the loot stays between us. works well since we are a fortegunner, fortefighter, and fortetecher...tho im starting to level a FighGunner(if you couoldnt tell)

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
I often end up playing with my brother-in-laws, Shalan (Jared_T on here) and DRAGOON-001 (Gold_DRAGOON on here). When I play with Shalan, we usually end up doing one run after another in any given quest that's known to be good for meseta and MP (ie, Plains Overlord, The Holy Ground). Usually, we'll end up in a group with other people, while we're at it.

When playing with Dragoon... Well... Just about anything may happen. Basically just an endless rain of death, because when Dragoon plays a game, he plays to friggin' kill everything.

I'll also play with my wife, though she's trying to level four characters concurrently and not playing all that often, to the end result that while my main character is level 30+, her characters are mostly below level 10, hovering around level 5.

Stixx
Jan 3, 2007, 07:36 PM
My mum plays, but I don't play with her. I'm on PC and she's on 360.

DoubleJG
Jan 4, 2007, 12:05 AM
My sis plays PSOBB with me (its not PSU i know i know) sometimes and I always help her out with items, etc. We'll usually play together if she's on but I could do without it.

RadiantLegend
Jan 4, 2007, 12:16 AM
I play with my younger bro. Play in the same team, share items, weapons.

WE OWN!

JaiBlue
Jan 5, 2007, 09:37 PM
Me and my brother usually spend time trying to create pa combos.

Shinzakura
Jan 6, 2007, 02:52 AM
My wife and I play in the same office where we have our computers. More often than not, we're joined by her brother, who lives down the street from us. Usually it's just the three of us, though once in a while one of our friends join in.