PDA

View Full Version : I'm a money-grubbing Ranger ^_^

Itchee
Jan 2, 2007, 01:00 PM
I would argue that Ranger-types by far blow through photon points quicker than any other job in PSU...and thus I make a beeline for anything yellow and diamond shaped. Please forgive me. I find myself running past red boxes and chasing yellow diamonds in my sleep, so please dont be mad when the meseta gets scooped...its involuntary. Captain Ice Rifle needs his meseta fix so he might stand in the back mashing X buttons while allowing the hunters and techers to do all the dangerous work. Dont hate me....I have a problem. Haha.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-01-02 10:01 ]</font>

etlitch
Jan 2, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:00, Itchee wrote:
I would argue that Ranger-types by far blow through photon points quicker than any other job in PSU...1. wrong
2. fail

Itsuki
Jan 2, 2007, 01:04 PM
actually, they do blow through PP faster than any other class. But they also pay significantly less per PP than the other two classes.

Itchee
Jan 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:02, etlitch wrote:

I would argue that Ranger-types by far blow through photon points quicker than any other job in PSU...1. wrong
2. fail

Well, good!

Now I dont feel so bad about draining rifles. I'll still race ya to tha meseta tho. ~_^

etlitch
Jan 2, 2007, 01:10 PM
Never been able to compare anything with forces using wands. Really. and I've played fortegunner and fortech

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2007, 01:12 PM
Actually, once I got to using stuff other than Guns, I think my general costs for PP upkeep have come down. Wands regen better, but cost. Melee Weapons, those are cost eaters in PP, but fortunately, you can spend much of your time not using the PP.

The only thing that hurts the Ranger is the damage per PP usage seems a lot lower than Force, so you're using up more of it to do the same damage, but like the force, everything you do uses PP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-02 10:13 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Jan 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
People actually play in give to finder games?

I make this assumption based on the fact you grab all meseta that drops in-game for yourself?

Itchee
Jan 2, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:16, FrogKicker wrote:
People actually play in give to finder games?

I make this assumption based on the fact you grab all meseta that drops in-game for yourself?

Haha....No. I do this regardless of how the distribution is setup. I hardly ever check to actually see if Ive recieved the money, I just sprint for it. I have a problem you see....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-01-02 10:24 ]</font>

Kaydin
Jan 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
That setting only refers to the rares found. All other items go to finder no matter what.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-01-02 10:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-01-02 10:54 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:24, Kadan wrote:
That setting only refers to the rares found. All other items go to finder no matter what.

No they don't.

Kaydin
Jan 2, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-01-02 10:25, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-01-02 10:24, Kadan wrote:

No they don't.

Really, I thought it only worked for the rares? I've played in random distrabution games before.

Nevermind ._.

JAFO22000
Jan 2, 2007, 02:03 PM
Try playing a Random normal item/random rare item mission and let everyone else pick things up. At the end of the run, you'll notice that you'll have items and some more meseta. I only play rooms w/ items set to random/ in order...I hardly pick things up.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
Im gona give my spin on the OP "An heartwarming tale where a ranger decides to cast away the crutch of PP cost to support his compulsory habit o fpicking up meseta." Staring Matt Damon as Itchee

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 02:11 PM
I set Rares: Order early on, and I think it just put them in the same order as regular stuff... making it no better than Random. People's names would come up twice in a row for rares, which isn't what I would expect.

Now it seems like it does what it's supposed to. When did that change?

Diablohead
Jan 2, 2007, 02:15 PM
lately I been not worrying about money, when I finish a run and fight the boss I recharge all my weapons and know that it's getting covered by the cash I get after the run ends.

Abarai-Renji
Jan 2, 2007, 05:47 PM
I would argue that Ranger-types by far blow through photon points quicker than any other job in PSU...and thus I make a beeline for anything yellow and diamond shaped. Please forgive me. I find myself running past red boxes and chasing yellow diamonds in my sleep, so please dont be mad when the meseta gets scooped...its involuntary. Captain Ice Rifle needs his meseta fix so he might stand in the back mashing X buttons while allowing the hunters and techers to do all the dangerous work. Dont hate me....I have a problem. Haha.

so you're a money grubbing ranger...good for you.

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 06:09 PM
XD i dont even pay attention to drops when im in a party, if everyone ran off and left something behind, ill give it a grab if i see it, but i sorta just like the idea of opening my inventory and seeing it get full X3

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-01-02 11:03, JAFO22000 wrote:
Try playing a Random normal item/random rare item mission and let everyone else pick things up. At the end of the run, you'll notice that you'll have items and some more meseta. I only play rooms w/ items set to random/ in order...I hardly pick things up.

Lolno. Order/Order is the way to go. Random for regular items can seriously fuck up the Meseta distribution. With order, it is nearly uniform. Assuming nobody is an asshat and picks up shitty rares like Moon X, order is also by far the best for rares.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-01-02 15:47, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-01-02 11:03, JAFO22000 wrote:

Lolno. Order/Order is the way to go. Random for regular items can seriously fuck up the Meseta distribution. With order, it is nearly uniform. Assuming nobody is an asshat and picks up shitty rares like Moon X, order is also by far the best for rares.

That's the catch though, in a pub game you get asshats that pick the stuff up in hopes that they'll get a better rare themselves.

In a group with friends, rare distribution shouldn't matter at all.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-01-02 15:51, Sychosis wrote:
That's the catch though, in a pub game you get asshats that pick the stuff up in hopes that they'll get a better rare themselves.And then I boot them and they don't get any reward. They'll learn eventually. Or they won't, and they'll never get mission rewards.

PJ
Jan 2, 2007, 07:57 PM
I pick up Moon X

That's why in my games, the rare distribution is random. Normal item is in order. So what if so and so gets 2 rares in a row? I'm playing with my friends, if I needed it, I'd just ask

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 08:01 PM
Rare:Random/Line:Order

If someone gets a million meseta in drops within 5 minutes and nobody gets anything else? So? At least nobody was forced to get a Moon Atomizer X.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 08:06 PM
Or you just set it to Order and boot the retards who pick up shit after I tell them not to. The petty vengeance is better than getting the rares anyway, really.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-01-02 17:06, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Or you just set it to Order and boot the retards who pick up shit after I tell them not to. The petty vengeance is better than getting the rares anyway, really.

No because if they time it right and get lucky then you boot them after they screw the line and get an item worth 50mil meseta. Nah. I'll pass.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 08:09 PM
I don't care, I still have fun kicking their retard asses out of my games and depriving them of their mission reward.

Also: No item is worth 50 million, lawl. I'd say a Halarod or Crea Doubles board might be worth 1 million, maybe, and that's the most expensive stuff at the moment.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
No item is worth 50mil? Yeah, maybe on the 360 servers. On PC we have multiple items people buy for max meseta. Whether they use underhanded tactics to afford it or not, who cares? It's easy money.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 08:13 PM
I care. Now stop encouraging people to continue the gang rape of the economy.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-01-02 17:13, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I care. Now stop encouraging people to continue the gang rape of the economy.

Well I, nor many others, don't. Take your self righteous drivel to the 360 where you can actually support it. You can't on the PC/PS2 servers and you know it. It's a lost cause. Now stop prattling on and drop it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 2, 2007, 08:20 PM
If people actually cared, then we'd be able to fix the economy rather quickly. Anyway, whatever, this isn't the place for hax drama, but answer me this:

If you don't give a shit about having duped Meseta, why would you even care if you got a Moon X? I mean, Kerselines are dirt cheap for your from the NPC right? I have a grand total of slightly over 450k Meseta, so think about that when you wonder why I get so pissed when some imbecile gives me a Moon X.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 08:26 PM
I care because Moon Atomizer X's don't sell for anything, but everything else does. If that Gigushline board drops for someone else? I don't care that I just lost 50mil. If It went to someone after me bc someone grabbed a Moon X Board? Then I do. As for Kerseline I use those for synths so I love those.

Para
Jan 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-01-02 15:09, Merumeru wrote:
XD i dont even pay attention to drops when im in a party, if everyone ran off and left something behind, ill give it a grab if i see it, but i sorta just like the idea of opening my inventory and seeing it get full X3

Full of [b] moon atomizer Xs?? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 09:50 PM
I would argue that Ranger-types by far blow through photon points quicker than any other job in PSU...

Buuuuuuullshit.

Actually hunters do.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 09:51 PM
My Yohmei guns don't blow through ammo as often as this thread makes it out to be. x_X

Now... Tenora Works... those... ugh... ~_~

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
LOL I always laugh at "I use too much ammo" threads.

I have levelled all classes to a high job level, and I'm sorry but hunter needs refills WAY more than ranger. If you carry lots of weaps as a hunter this solves the problem. But even conservinbg PP with basic attacks, you're STILL going to use PP up more quickly than a ranger with a full arsenal of guns.

Really most rangers are emo. As are forces. Meh and my main atm IS a ranger so what can I say other than shut up and quit whining. Your guns have loads of PP, you won't run out so fast. Your PP recharges faster than hunter. You pay less for refills. Tenora guns are fine, just carry backups. QUIT WHINING.

edit: Yohmei guns pretty much suck, the ATP is made of fail. I carry one but purely as a backup. Eh, they make good bows, but that's compared to uh.... nobody else. I bet I wouldn't use their bows if Tenora made them too.

OMG U SHOULD USE YOHMEI U SPEND LESS ON PP!!!!!

Why.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-01-02 19:01 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 10:01 PM
I'll stick to my Yohmei +6-+10's tyvm.

It's not about spending less. It's about the headache from switching out useless guns that drain after one room. That's all. ~_~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-02 19:02 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll stick to my grinded Tenoras then. TYVM.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 10:03 PM
On 2007-01-02 19:02, -Shimarisu- wrote:

OK, when you die because you're swapping in a fresh set of 6 Tenora Guns and I haven't even depleted two of my Yohmei ones, i'll try not to laugh ok? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Merumeru
Jan 2, 2007, 10:14 PM
XD random rares is the best, because that way i dont have to hear anyone bitch about getting a 7* rare when they see someone get a 10* rare right after them >P

Cassee
Jan 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'm probably way late on getting in on the first post, but I know how -that- is. T_T I feel like such a hog, going after every bit of Meseta I can get my grubby little CAST hands on.

... *makes note to start setting rares to order from now on*

Ronzeru
Jan 2, 2007, 10:59 PM
Everyone can talk out of their ass about who blows through photons faster. In the end, the ones who end up PAYING more meseta in the end, is obviously the forces.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 2, 2007, 11:19 PM
On 2007-01-02 19:03, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-01-02 19:02, -Shimarisu- wrote:

OK, when you die because you're swapping in a fresh set of 6 Tenora Guns and I haven't even depleted two of my Yohmei ones, i'll try not to laugh ok? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Erm since when does this EVER happen? I swap in WANDS all the damn time and never get killed. Rangers don't die easily, because they are are RANGED.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah ok. Tell that to the Ranger who died to Barta from Buffed mobs despite he was across the room in my party the other day.

Ronzeru
Jan 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-01-02 20:25, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Yeah ok. Tell that to the Ranger who died to Barta from Buffed mobs despite he was across the room in my party the other day.

lol that ranger was a n00b, obviously.

or a lowbie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronzeru on 2007-01-02 20:27 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
To be honest I never cared if random gave some guy in my party 2-3 rares in a row because if you use it all the time it WILL balance out eventually. Then again I don't lock my games and only play with "close friends". Playing with random people the order method of distributing rares is semi exploitable by greedy players and while the item itself I don't really care about, the principal of it I do. Greed in general is something I don't care for which is why I never play Give Finder. Every game I make that isn't made with the intention of soloing only is set to Random Rares, Order normal. And FYI I never at any point had more than 300K in game. And the time I hit that threshould lasted about 5 minutes after the game recieved the expert class update...

Garnet_Moon
Jan 2, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-01-02 20:26, Ronzeru wrote:

On 2007-01-02 20:25, Garnet_Moon wrote:

lol that ranger was a n00b, obviously.

or a lowbie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronzeru on 2007-01-02 20:27 ]</font>

No, even a Beast Fortefighter can be utterly destroyed to that if they don't have the appropriate gear; and they have a million HP.

Ronzeru
Jan 2, 2007, 11:44 PM
Beast fortefighters run right into the fray. They have an excuse. Unless that ranger was running in close to shut up a trap and run out, it's highly likely for people using ranged weapons there to be able to not dodge a projectile seen coming from the other side of the room.

Tatha-kitten
Jan 2, 2007, 11:52 PM
O.o i came to this topic expecting a laugh, i got it, then it got stale. DRAMA!!!!

honestly, who cares what weapons you use, how fast your PP is used up, and if you DO pick up a moonX, god forbid you FEED YOUR PM with it. That's what i do, lovely boost to striking and tech.

WrathOfMegid
Jan 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
My two cents:
I've made 3 hunters, 2 rangers, and 1 force, not at the same time, obviously. Now I'm probably no expert, but I spend more money filling up PP on my level 51 force and 51 ranger than I do on my 92 hunter. And truthfully, even when my hunter was 50~60 doing the level 50~60 missions, I never spent more than 100 meseta after a mission. Of course, I save the PA spamming till the high ranking mobs and fight the peons normally. But I am consistently spending 120~160 meseta on both my force and my ranger doing a level 45 mission. On all characters, though, I use about 1 photon charge per run (unless I am having a bad day and PA/bullet/spell spamming the oh-so-threatening air) but that cancels itself out of the equation since it happens on all my characters. So I believe Itchee has some basis for his claim that Rangers use the most meseta on PP of the classes, unless you count hunters that seem unable to complete a three hit combo without putting a PA in after the first hit, which is admittedly just a different strategy. But I think that hunters do the most damage by way of a "normal combo + PA" method, and the reason normal hits don't take PP is to give hunters a break in PP cost since they will be assumedly using that money to buy healing items.

BloodDragoon
Jan 3, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-01-02 20:59, WrathOfMegid wrote:
My two cents:
I've made 3 hunters, 2 rangers, and 1 force, not at the same time, obviously. Now I'm probably no expert, but I spend more money filling up PP on my level 51 force and 51 ranger than I do on my 92 hunter. And truthfully, even when my hunter was 50~60 doing the level 50~60 missions, I never spent more than 100 meseta after a mission. Of course, I save the PA spamming till the high ranking mobs and fight the peons normally. But I am consistently spending 120~160 meseta on both my force and my ranger doing a level 45 mission. On all characters, though, I use about 1 photon charge per run (unless I am having a bad day and PA/bullet/spell spamming the oh-so-threatening air) but that cancels itself out of the equation since it happens on all my characters. So I believe Itchee has some basis for his claim that Rangers use the most meseta on PP of the classes, unless you count hunters that seem unable to complete a three hit combo without putting a PA in after the first hit, which is admittedly just a different strategy. But I think that hunters do the most damage by way of a "normal combo + PA" method, and the reason normal hits don't take PP is to give hunters a break in PP cost since they will be assumedly using that money to buy healing items.

My case I'm usually trying to add levels to my PA's and continuously spam away. Think my Axe by itself is around 140 meseta to charge.

etlitch
Jan 3, 2007, 03:49 AM
On 2007-01-02 20:59, WrathOfMegid wrote:Oh wait, it's offline. I'm afraid that your 2 cents does'nt count.

Itchee
Jan 3, 2007, 10:37 AM
Oh for christ sake.....this thread was never meant to balloon into an argument. I was simply making lighthearted comments on something i find myself doing. Thank you to all the people who made reasonable replies.

Dhylec
Jan 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
By OP's request...