PDA

View Full Version : Wartecher or Fortetecher? Need more ATA

-pete-
Jan 3, 2007, 12:04 PM
So a few weeks ago I switched Arria (my Female Human) onto Wartecher from my previous force, mostly because I really liked the idea of being able to use knuckles, now however I've being playing through for a bit it seems that I've hit a bit of a brick wall.

I'm mostly useing technics over my knuckles and I don't really like having to switch rods every 5 minutes, plus I'm liking the idea of having twin daggers as a backup.

I've being looking into getting some new weapons but my ATA is really lacking (I'm level 37 and its at 84) I am pretty close to getting it to level 2 Wartecher though and I don't want it to have being a waste. What do you guys think? Should I switch back and try to level my force up to Foretecher? Or just stick with Wartecher?

MayLee
Jan 3, 2007, 12:11 PM
I'm going to be a Fortetecher. I like forces

panzer_unit
Jan 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
Knuckles and bows have crazy ATA. Use those and you shouldn't have any worries.

Gojin
Jan 3, 2007, 12:12 PM
foretecher sucks stay with wartecher but use daggers

Rizen
Jan 3, 2007, 12:13 PM
I say stick with it. It may not seem like it will pay off at first, but leveling class up will show the improvement you want. Trust me here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kei-Z
Jan 3, 2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, wartechers start out really bad. My wartecher was awful when I first switched, but once you level your class some, you'll see that the wartecher is fun to play as and very versatile as well. Rizen is absolutely right. Leveling your class will improve your stats dramatically. The wartecher, as well as all the other hybrids start out with funny stats, so don't be moved by your starting stats as a wartecher.

Magitek_X
Jan 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
Get a bow. Seriously bows are an awesome alternative for wartecher. We might have bad ATA but bows make up for it. I know I'm gonna try to get myself an unit that boost ATP and ATA to try and compensate.

-pete-
Jan 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
OK, think I'll stick with it, might just try get some improved amour to get my ATA higher.

Kei-Z
Jan 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
Yeah, that's really true. If you want a good bow, try to get your hands on an Alteric. It has great accuracy and when grinded, it has absurdly high atp. I have a beast wartecher and not even I miss with Alteric. Mine's at grind 5 and it has better atp and ata than the hanmiteri. (7* bow) Also, attacking from behind will help you early on. You won't have to as much later on.

Fure_Rakune
Jan 3, 2007, 12:51 PM
Bows would be the best route to go.
I believe an Alteric +10 ends up with 667 ATP, 268 ATA and 1274 PP whereas a Hikuari +10 has 609 ATP, 214 ATA and 1338 PP.
My lvl. 54 CAST has been all over the class board, starting out as a fighgunner going to fortefighter and now hes a lovely wartecher.
Variety is the spice of life!

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
I really dont think ATA is going to be the worst of your problems.... their atp is actually quite lacking also, but I think if you can stick with lower rank weapons for a while and just grind that character to the 40s or the 50s you'll really enjoy it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-01-03 10:23, darkgunner wrote:
I really dont think ATA is going to be the worst of your problems.... their atp is actually quite lacking also.

Eh, not really. I do quite good damage with my Wartcher. He has slightly over 400 ATP at level 54 and class level 5. ATA, however, is just barely over 100, so I do miss with PAs from time to time. Then again, I'm a Beast, so yeah.

Para
Jan 3, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-01-03 09:51, Fure_Rakune wrote:
Bows would be the best route to go.
I believe an Alteric +10 ends up with 667 ATP, 268 ATA and 1274 PP whereas a Hikuari +10 has 609 ATP, 214 ATA and 1338 PP.
My lvl. 54 CAST has been all over the class board, starting out as a fighgunner going to fortefighter and now hes a lovely wartecher.
Variety is the spice of life!

Question is how often are you going to get a +10 weapon like that? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways I know how you feel towards wartechers about the ata. I've been playing wartecher too and I feel my ATA is somewhat lacking as well. Then again Im not a high level wartecher either so we'll have to see.

Things will be a lot more interesting once wartechers get their buff technics. Soloing will be a lot more fun then too hehe.

-pete-
Jan 3, 2007, 03:41 PM
Alright, I've just said screw it, I play more as a force than a hunter, the only reason i switched was for the knuckles and they're not really doing enough damage to make want to stick with them plus i can use dual daggers which imo are probably gonna be about as good. I liked the idea but i don't use enough of the other weapons to make it worth it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DBZWWE
Jan 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
Wartecher.You can do whatever you want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-01-03 11:14, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-01-03 10:23, darkgunner wrote:
I really dont think ATA is going to be the worst of your problems.... their atp is actually quite lacking also.

Eh, not really. I do quite good damage with my Wartcher. He has slightly over 400 ATP at level 54 and class level 5. ATA, however, is just barely over 100, so I do miss with PAs from time to time. Then again, I'm a Beast, so yeah.

yeah, classes have to do a lot with comparing stats or even class generalizations.

I'm HUman lvl 54 lvl 4 wartecher and I even get an atp boost(race type+class) and I just got 343 atp.
I never had a problem with ata as I have 123.

he/she's a human female so her atp will be even worse than mine too.

edit: and even with a claw(only wep I really miss with) i'll miss like once every few combos. I'd rather have more atp though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2007-01-03 12:50 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Jan 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
Well... hm......

Ever hear of January 12th, 2007? Rumor has it Zodial and Shifta are coming out... hehe

Ryoki
Jan 3, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-01-03 09:30, Magitek_X wrote:
Get a bow. Seriously bows are an awesome alternative for wartecher. We might have bad ATA but bows make up for it. I know I'm gonna try to get myself an unit that boost ATP and ATA to try and compensate.

Bows are insane. So much damage for a FO weapon, and easily one of the strongest ranged weapons. Has great SE, and its rate of fire isn't too bad either.

BTW: I liked using bows and techs so much, I am actually taking my stupid cast fo I made to be my shopkeeper into an actual character. Bought him gizonde at level 5. Heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-01-03 12:53 ]</font>

Ryno
Jan 3, 2007, 05:46 PM
Fortetecher!.. well i'm used to the force... because i was mostly a force in pso..

but yeah.. a Fortetecher because you can resta and anti your temates..=)

SolomonGrundy
Jan 3, 2007, 05:59 PM
Ever hear of January 12th, 2007? Rumor has it Zodial and Shifta are coming out... hehe

Items which can cause Zodial and Shifta are already out so you can use both these right now. And at 150 a pop, are not prohibitively expensive.

I have a Beast Hunter10/ForteFighter (1). Even as a level 9 Hunter I was still missing. And Hunters/Fortefighters have higher ATA than Wartechers.

Kind of a bummer, really.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 3, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-01-03 14:46, Ryno wrote:
Fortetecher!.. well i'm used to the force... because i was mostly a force in pso..

Erm...

Randomness
Jan 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-01-03 15:03, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-01-03 14:46, Ryno wrote:

Erm...

One possible completion:
Fortechers have absolutely horrible ATA. .5 modifier at level 1, and .6 at 10.

Nani-chan
Jan 3, 2007, 06:22 PM
I don't see the big deal. At lvl 40 I can melee fairly decent in A missions, I haven't tried S yet however.

zanotam
Jan 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
i switched back to force adn am workign my way torwards fortetecher and WHOA! Since WT have pretty bad modifier even at lvl 10 there dmg is not that great, but as just a Force i can do like double my dmg with a 6* rod and low lvl spells then i was doing mixing spells and melee as a war techer. Personally i think they should stop lying and move WT down with the starting classes. I mean come on a 5 force req and at lvl 10 it has 94% TP modifier and a 100% atp modifer? Seriously why make use get force AND hunter and then give us gimp stats? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Shimarisu-
Jan 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
Certain classes were not built for solo. Can't anyone get the fuck over this? Hell you can even get AROUND it. Make yourself a PM that's complimentary to your play style - I can soloi LL S on my not-yet-40 guntecher. But I acknowledge that guntecher is not a good class for solo on MOST missions. Some tech/ranged orientated missions are not good for melee, and wartechers SUCKS at them. That does not change the fact that wartecher is ON AVERAGE the best class for solo. As was intended.

Of course, you could say that Protranser is the best class for solo. With infinite money, it is. But on JP and 360 servers, it's not, sorry. That's not elitism, it's purely bitterness.

Gojin
Jan 3, 2007, 11:23 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:22, zanotam wrote:
i switched back to force adn am workign my way torwards fortetecher and WHOA! Since WT have pretty bad modifier even at lvl 10 there dmg is not that great, but as just a Force i can do like double my dmg with a 6* rod and low lvl spells then i was doing mixing spells and melee as a war techer. Personally i think they should stop lying and move WT down with the starting classes. I mean come on a 5 force req and at lvl 10 it has 94% TP modifier and a 100% atp modifer? Seriously why make use get force AND hunter and then give us gimp stats? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

stop bitchin and go foretecher then, oh and have fun dying in one hit while you're a foretecher. Leave wartecher to the professionals who know what they're doing.

Kismet
Jan 4, 2007, 12:54 AM
Shimarisu, that was very well said to me. I really agree. And Gojin, just ignore the lil FO-noobs who think they can diss us WTs. If PvP existed, we'd pwn them anyways since their defense sucks. If they're not healing us, we're healing THEM. So we can just change our minds and stop being supportive at any time, y'know. <_<

MayLee
Jan 4, 2007, 12:56 AM
Bleh, beleive what you wish. >_>

huntlyon
Jan 4, 2007, 02:55 AM
my WT main is pretty even split between combat and techs.... spears and daggers are really I need in the end. with a backpocket of offensive techs that can do some decent damage... to this day I've never heard a group complain about having a WT in the party. go fortecher is you want the big ass explosions

-Shimarisu-
Jan 4, 2007, 04:08 AM

High % weapons, can you equip them?

No.

Anyway at job level 10 WT has over 75% the ATP of Fortefighter, so you're talking crap anyway.

With buffs? They equal that damage of forte SOLO. They pay for no curatives. They are the ideal solo class, hands down.

It's rather typical of Americans to think that nearly 4/5s the ATP of the forte class is shoddy ATP. Ditto for all the merged classes.

DURR HURR I'M AMERICAN AND I JUST WANT EVERYTHING MAXXED AS HIGH AS IT CAN GO

Makes me wonder why everyone on PSO was not a hucast.

zanotam
Jan 4, 2007, 10:04 AM
On 2007-01-03 20:23, Gojin wrote:

stop bitchin and go foretecher then, oh and have fun dying in one hit while you're a foretecher. Leave wartecher to the professionals who know what they're doing.

Hey I really like WT, however, atleast until buffs come out (are they really goona save the class anyways?) I just find almost anyone can outdmg me at this point simply because of the tiny, oh so miniscule modifiers. Also WTF is a Force requirement 5 class doing with only lvl 20 TECHs? Every other class that takes requirement 5 gets 30 in there specialty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sexy_Raine
Jan 4, 2007, 10:26 AM
Also WTF is a Force requirement 5 class doing with only lvl 20 TECHs? Every other class that takes requirement 5 gets 30 in there specialty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yes, I find the class system in this game very stupid. Sega didn't know what the hell they we're doing when they made ex classes.

Oh and go Fortetecher, you get S-rank rods/wands, and of course lv 30 jellen. Pure classes are the way to go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-01-04 08:56 ]</font>

Merumeru
Jan 4, 2007, 11:32 AM
XD fortetecher for prettier spells <3 end of discussion