PDA

View Full Version : who here thinks ragol should be in psu

xExFireFox
Jan 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
i think that would be kinda cool

zanotam
Jan 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
well my guess is that ragol actualy IS in the game its just known as something different now (parum maybe?)

Ryoki
Jan 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
BRING BACK DE ROL LE!

FREE TIBET!
^
Actually, who cares.

Danyl
Jan 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
TO HELL WITH RAGOL! BRING BACK SLICERS!!!!

xExFireFox
Jan 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
eh could be tho i would like to kill boomas again i miss them):

Ryoki
Jan 3, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:25, Danyl wrote:
TO HELL WITH RAGOL! BRING BACK SLICERS!!!!

Nuuu! Diska of liberators, engulfing me! NUUUUU!!!!

Ryoki
Jan 3, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:28, xExFireFox wrote:
bring back battle mode!!!

Nuuuu! Nuuuu!

Jaysky
Diskas and slicers..... omg... bad BAD memories... @.@

xExFireFox

xExFireFox
Jan 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
i miss killing the last boss of ep2 for got his name.=(

waluigi1
Jan 3, 2007, 10:31 PM
It could just be a random planet the guardians travel to...

Garnet_Moon
Jan 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
With Ragol comes Del Sabers. For the love of god no more Del Sabers. ~_~

xExFireFox
Jan 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
or have it like a wasteland now and every thing has been killed but comes back to life zombie boomasO_O

MomoHana
Jan 3, 2007, 10:35 PM
Why do people insist more PSO stuff in PSU? I mean some weapons and stuff from PSO is pretty awesome as is and yeah...but COME ON @-@; ~mew

Sychosis
Jan 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
No. Just no.

If I wanted to play on Ragol I'd fire up PSO.

xExFireFox
Jan 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
why not have more stuff from pso=O

-Shimarisu-
Jan 3, 2007, 11:00 PM
What the fuck is up with all you people.

Voted an absolute no.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 3, 2007, 11:12 PM
Can we please have Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak scenery in PSU? I like that game so I think it should be in PSU. Who agrees.

VanHalen
Jan 3, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:34, Garnet_Moon wrote:

screw the del sabers no more sinow beats or sinow anything

VanHalen
Jan 3, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-01-03 20:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Can we please have Hamtaro Ham Ham Heartbreak scenery in PSU? I like that game so I think it should be in PSU. Who agrees.

me. hamtaro kicks ass

Mio
Jan 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
What if the seeds come from Ragol?

PaladinRPG
Jan 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-01-03 20:29, Mio wrote:

That would be an interesting twist.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 4, 2007, 12:46 AM
On 2007-01-03 20:15, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-01-03 20:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:

me. hamtaro kicks ass

Dibs on Cappys cap. x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-03 21:47 ]</font>

EphekZ
Jan 4, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-01-03 21:45, PaladinRPG wrote:

On 2007-01-03 20:29, Mio wrote:

That would be an interesting twist.

not really, that'd be..stupid.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 4, 2007, 01:09 AM
Bring back soccer lobbies. ;_;

landman
Jan 4, 2007, 02:11 AM
Not Ragol, but a seed infected and dead Pionner 2 would be great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DjDragoon
Jan 4, 2007, 02:16 AM
It'd be nice to have a VR training mission like in PSO where you are teleported to VR Ragol.

Honestly, I think the art direction was way better in PSO than PSU. Areas like Control Tower and Seabed blow PSU levels away. PSU is not very appealing visually. There are some exceptions like field lobbies and Neudiaz areas, but I don't think they were as well thought out as Episode 2 areas. However, PSU cities and items I think look way better than PSO.

Examples:
Seabed PSO
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/seabed/snap2.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/seabed/snap.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/images/screenshots/032803/sea_bed_lower_4.jpg

Seabed PSU
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/psufuckery5.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/RizenForce/Phantasy%20Start%20Universe%20Online%20Pics/Psu2007-01-0220-41-03-20.jpg

Image credit to PSO-World, Rizen and isahn80.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2007-01-03 23:39 ]</font>

Axel3792
Jan 4, 2007, 02:56 AM
I wish that PSU was a continuation of PSO, even if it was set way in the future. Heck, the SEED/HIVE thing would be kind of cool.

My reasons for this are as follows:
-Ragol is HUGE. Let's explore more of it.
-Ragol has two moons (I don't remember where I saw them, but it was on one of those Pioneer 2 computer-things. Also may have been a window...). Let's explore those too.
-The Pioneer 2 could replace the Guardian Colony.
-Dragon Slayer!

Gurhal System, meh.

Proff
Jan 5, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-01-03 20:00, -Shimarisu- wrote:
What the fuck is up with all you people.

Voted an absolute no.

Not like anyone who doesn't want it would be forced to play there. I'm up for all the content they can throw at us. If I don't like, I won't play it. Far be it for me to tell people they shouldn't have something because I don't like it.

Esufer
Jan 5, 2007, 05:56 AM
Hey, if people want Ragol back, why don't we all vote to have Sephiroth and Cloud back in the next FF game?

It's a different story now. It isn't going to happen.

Melora
Jan 5, 2007, 06:40 AM
They should add it for some kind of anniversary event, I'd love to play on Ragol with the way things are in PSU.

DoubleJG
Jan 5, 2007, 07:44 AM
Yes. Give me my Boomas!

WarriorX
Jan 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ragol ftw, They should make it an optional area to go to If u do some opotional story side-quest.

ycavan
Jan 5, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'd be up for pretty much any innovative content that ST could provide. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wouldn't it be hilarious if PSU and PSO were really in 2 different "dimensions"? In the story mode, the 3 ancient "weapons" sent all the SEED to another dimension... what if that's what's been happening all this time? lol... all of the Phantasy Star teleports keep sending baddies to the different "dimensions" every hundred years ( when the ppl of the other dimension clean up the infestations )

...kinda like... it's YOUR problem now... 'n the SEED take time to find/infest terrain in the other "dimension"

CyarVictor
Jan 5, 2007, 12:47 PM
Have the same areas and enemies as the old PSO ep 1 and 2, just update them to be the same or better standards as PSU. I want to see Ruins and the original SeaBed again. I mean they did bring back some classical weapons, why not the place pso started on. Show what happens after the whole Dark Falz/Olga Flow events.

ycavan
Jan 5, 2007, 12:51 PM
Honestly? I wouldn't mind having a "mission" across multiple "episodes" that redid the orignal Phantasy Star storyline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Obviously, it'd be YOU having the nightmare, rather than Alice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

CyarVictor
Jan 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
i miss those old hunter missions where you can get a special weapon from doing certain missions like Kireeks Scythe or the one where you collect items from caves on Ultimate to get the silenced pistol, gloves, or the technical Crozier.

Nayte
Jan 5, 2007, 01:19 PM
No offense but why not just play PSO instead?
This sounds like a "PSO is better than PSU" thread to me....

CyarVictor
Jan 5, 2007, 01:46 PM
No, just bringing back the memories. I do enjoy PSU more than PSO, but there are those things from PSO I do miss like fighting Ogla Flow on a huge elevator. Mainly I miss the music especially for boss battles like both episodes' final bosses and gal gryphon. Other than that, I'm happy with PSU.

Saigan
Jan 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:30, xExFireFox wrote:
i miss killing the last boss of ep2 for got his name.=(

Must not miss him that much if you can't remember his name lol. And if Ragol was in the game sega would just be accussed of being lazy and reusing areas.

Banert
Jan 5, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:34, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Eep! That's true though. If the only enemy in PSO that moved at the speed of PSU's enemies comes back, think how fast it'll be here! It'll get PA's! You'll get rising struk all night long!

Disastorm
Jan 5, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-01-03 19:28, xExFireFox wrote:

i want batle mode too. Im hoping they eventually put one in, as there aren't many online games without pvp anymore.

Sinue_v2
Jan 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
I'd much rather see Algol than Ragol.

I still think PSU would have really benefited from being a prequal to PS - and having Karen sacrificing herself to the darkness in order to save the world and ensure the interdimensional seal held. In that way, she would have become the focus which initially coeleced the dark spirits into a singular conciousness much the same way Rico was. Having Karen become the first Profound Darkness would really have added a lot of depth and emotion to the final battle against the Profound Darkness in PSIV, not to mention it would have accentuated the tragic compenents of the original series, as well as giving PSU the definitively bitter-sweet ending it should have.

In that way, it could have also been connected to PSO - although not directly since you can quite convincingly connect PS to PSO even though it is not cannon.

ycavan
Jan 5, 2007, 03:12 PM
I would LOVE to see ST put in something like faction wars... like, say, your clan disagrees ( or just wants to fight ) with another clan... the clan leaders put up a war notice and ppl can enter the "mission" and choose which side they wanna fight on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Pentence
Jan 5, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well personaly i dont think ragol would makea lick of sense here.For a few simple reasons firstbeing the timelines.PSO plays off the whole earth is F-ed up by us and unhospitable now.Next being the races in general neumans were geneticaly engineered again but casts are no longera race unto themselves.If you pay any atention to segas OWN words and the story modes presentation of casts ingeneral you will note one thing.The casts are far closer to being truly senteint and are made from a more organic biomecha parts in PSU(hence their use of technics and the poisons now affecting them).In PSO they were essiential very advanced robots not and were not as heavily based on photons as PSU casts.

These bits of history and other things that clearly set the two apart would make it nigh impossible and down right nonsensical.

Ryoki
Jan 5, 2007, 03:35 PM
I guess my problem is that the technology is the same, but Ragol is in some other galaxy. Wtf...and newmans and CASTS are in this one? It almost seems neccesary to link them. Also, Ragol was an amazing looking planet, and I really hope they add more...life...to the planets. That is my main gripe, besides the enemies, they look lifeless, with the occasionaly butterfly or something. I guess the scenery this time is sorta depressing, being so cold and uninhabited for three planets.

As for bringing weapons back, I don't think so, to a large extent. Hell, I want my Lavis back, true, but I don't need it. However, I do think the story should have maybe an investigation of Ragol, or something, and explain how the technology from the planet Coral got all the way to the Gurhal system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-01-05 12:36 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jan 5, 2007, 04:15 PM
I guess my problem is that the technology is the same, but Ragol is in some other galaxy.

Just because they have similar technology, doesn't mean they have to be connected. Even so, technology could rise and fall throughout the course of the game's history. The original PS series went from slightly futuristic, to hyper futuristic, to midevil/feudal, to a renecessance period. We're not given a year date for PSU to the best of my knowladge, so if you wanted to say they are in the same universe - it could take place anywhere from millions upon millions of years before PS - to Millions of years AFTER PSO. In that great a span of time, it's easy to imagine that multiple societies could reach the same level of technology indepenantly.

Not to mention that the entire series revolves around the Great Light. PSO is what started the trend of Photon technology - but even that is just an extension of the light. If you want to connect them, you could say that Photon technology was present in Algol - but not discovered yet since much of PS's advanced tech came from Earth-based technology (Mother Brain), but with PSO they had just discovered Photons within the past 50 years. In PSU, Photon Technology is an old technology, and is known as a spiritual force - and even then, the discovery of A-Photons (which do not draw on an individual's spiritual energy) puts them on the verge of surpassing PSO's technology level.

PSO and PSU both have Photon Technology because both cultures were visited or Colonised by the Great Light at some point in the past. After the Civil War, the remaining members of the spiritual race wandered the universe and possibly visited hundreds of thousands of worlds. Eventually, they all died out (In the US version of PSIV it's explained that the light is singular being and is still roaming the universe somewhere) and the Photon Technology is based on what remains of them in their purest form. In PSO, the Great Light wasn't a prominant feature of the storyline - but is there in the background if you know what to look for. In PSU since, as said, Photon technology is an older technology and it's spiritual properties better understood - a religous institution has been built around it. Though the C.O.G calls this power "The Holy Light" rather than the "Great Light". In a way, you could say that Photons were present in PS also - through the spiritual metal known as Laconium. When the planet Rykros eclipses Dezolis, it casts the world in darkness and the spiritual energy from Rykros causes the Laconium on the planet to glow bright green. Dezolians, similarly, worshiped the light.

Wtf...and newmans and CASTS are in this one?

They were in PS as well, with Nei being the first appearance of Numen in PSII and Wren/Meiu being the first Casts in PSIII. If they can be developed seperately in both PS and PSO, then why not in PSU as well?

I guess the scenery this time is sorta depressing, being so cold and uninhabited for three planets.

That's a problem in art design - and if Ragol is recreated for PSU, then it would have the same art design as PSU, making Ragol bland and lifeless as well.

VanHalen
Jan 5, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-01-03 22:09, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Bring back soccer lobbies. ;_;

you know what would be cooler if they had football too heck even baseball would be fun on PSU too

Disastorm
Jan 5, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-01-05 12:12, ycavan wrote:
I would LOVE to see ST put in something like faction wars... like, say, your clan disagrees ( or just wants to fight ) with another clan... the clan leaders put up a war notice and ppl can enter the "mission" and choose which side they wanna fight on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lol be even better if you could attack on sight in cities too.

JaiBlue
Jan 5, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that 90% of the people here thought the first trailers of psu showing parum feilds was a present day version of Ragol's forest 1.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 5, 2007, 05:04 PM
Gimme my Seaside level back! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bonus-- Over the past 100 years, Gees have now learned how to set aside their differences and pack up like Mizura!

Para
Jan 5, 2007, 05:06 PM
I demand my De Rol Le rehash sega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But seriously i doubt Ragol will come back... although I greatly miss my Subterranean Desert.

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ragol, Yes. I'd love to be able to slaughter Dimenians with some friends over the internet instead of Delsabans/Deljabans. I think the PSO II final boss was Dark Falz...Or was that PSO I?
Dear god though, Don't bring back the Delsabres. There would be a few problems, but nothing that couldn't be worked around with a plot device(Beasts didn't exist until PSU from what I remember, CASTs couldn't use techs until PSU either.)
But what about Rappies? Are the Ragol Rappies going to drop crazy stuff like the Gurhal Rappies do? >.>