PDA

View Full Version : Kicking getting you banned from a group

zanotam
Jan 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
Do you think this was a good feature to add?

EphekZ
Jan 4, 2007, 08:55 PM
yes. becuase what's the point of kicking someone and then just come back.

Rizen
Jan 4, 2007, 10:04 PM
Well its a double-edge sword here. If you need to remove an annoying player from a group thats harrassing or purposely causing problems, its a perfect feature. Now on the flip side, if you need to remove a friend temporary, playing a joke (this has happened to me...>>), its not so good if you need to rejoin or invite them back. You have to reform the party just so that person can get back in. Also, people have bad habit of kicking people for one reason or another (ex. remove because waiting for a friend) and if they try to join again later they cant. Can be quite annoying at times.

All and all, its a good thing and bad thing. I think it can use a bit of work.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 4, 2007, 10:16 PM
Yes it's fine. But I think people kick for the dumbest reasons. I was in a game, and there was one person who was french. They said "Don't pick this up" standing on a Moon X, he picked it up, so they kicked him. I was like you guys are fags, before they kicked me I quit, because they were fags. I started a new group and invited frenchie.

Some people have horrible teamwork manners.

THE JACKEL

zanotam
Jan 4, 2007, 10:20 PM
I want it to be optional because my friend (velguarder, some of you may know him) has these running group, but one of the people running him decided he wanted to solo, but didn't tell me so i came in to help and then he told me to leave. So i was leaving and then a certain person *cough* *ryuki* *cough* says "just kick him" so he does. But then i can't get back in the group now and they can't reform because some people are afk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jan 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
If it's optional people will whine about "Oh I forgot to ban him from the party!". Nobody whines about the current system as is, so it's fine. It works.

Rizen
Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 PM
Im pretty sure if the option did exist...there would be dozens of drop down menus like all the others asking if you are sure you want to remove this member and do you want to remove the permanently and are you sure? and is that your final answer? and if you really realy sure you want to do this? and if you are have you thought about it seriously? and.....................

GoldenFalcon
Jan 5, 2007, 02:12 AM
If you kick a player you want back in the group, use the simple "Set Invite Block" option.
You can just take them off of the list, since all kicked members go there until the party is disbanded.

_Deliverance_
Jan 5, 2007, 06:14 AM
My alt got booted from a De Ragan C run because she was level 9. I lol'd. You can solo that bitch at >15

FrogKicker
Jan 5, 2007, 07:48 AM
On 2007-01-04 19:16, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Yes it's fine. But I think people kick for the dumbest reasons. I was in a game, and there was one person who was french. They said "Don't pick this up" standing on a Moon X, he picked it up, so they kicked him. I was like you guys are fags, before they kicked me I quit, because they were fags. I started a new group and invited frenchie.

THE JACKEL

If this is low level then I can understand it. But once you get up there in levels [B] Scapedoll , Moon Atomizer X and the actual moon atomizer Xs are a bane.

When we invite a random to our group we tell them not to pick up the above 3 items. First time it happens we remind them but we won't kick em, second time they get kicked. Once you hit the cap runs become all about teh redz and MP. Do you want to be stuck with an effin [B] Moon atomizer X as yours?

Sexy_Raine
Jan 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
Yes, I woudn't have it any other way.

zanotam
Jan 5, 2007, 11:03 AM
golden falcon why in gods name did you not mention that last night? Come on man you were right there you could have tolde us that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rizen
Jan 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-01-04 23:12, GoldenFalcon wrote:
If you kick a player you want back in the group, use the simple "Set Invite Block" option.
You can just take them off of the list, since all kicked members go there until the party is disbanded.

Wow...after all this time of playing I never knew that...
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. XD
*takes note of this*

Rashiid
Jan 5, 2007, 02:36 PM
i say yes because if ur removed from a party, obviously ur not wanted there, but it does suck how ppl boot u w/o reason

JaiBlue
Jan 5, 2007, 04:26 PM
I love the option even if I'am being kicked from the party, I just love kicking high level idiots who ignors the notice
"lv 30-40 players only".

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 5, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-01-05 04:48, FrogKicker wrote:

On 2007-01-04 19:16, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

If this is low level then I can understand it. But once you get up there in levels [B] Scapedoll , Moon Atomizer X and the actual moon atomizer Xs are a bane.

When we invite a random to our group we tell them not to pick up the above 3 items. First time it happens we remind them but we won't kick em, second time they get kicked. Once you hit the cap runs become all about teh redz and MP. Do you want to be stuck with an effin [B] Moon atomizer X as yours?

Yes I understand, but the guy was french, and did not speak english, so he didn't know not to pick it up. I hate those items as well, but give the guy a break

THE JACKEL