PDA

View Full Version : Im and El Photons

PLURSprout
Jan 4, 2007, 10:24 PM
I know this might have been asked before but I didn't see it stickied. What exactly happens if you give a melee weapon im or el photons (other than dropping the synth % by about 50 percent)?

zanotam
Jan 4, 2007, 10:26 PM
um my friend does it just for fun and all it odes is drop synth rate nothing else. (starts wishing it made it able to use techs) HeHe WT with dual daggers w/ Diga!

WrathOfMegid
Jan 4, 2007, 10:29 PM
Hmm, in extra mode it changes melee weapons to a weaker version of the same type of weapon (sword->sword, dagger->dagger). I.E. a twin dagger can be downgraded to a weaker twin dagger, or even a single dagger. Not sure if it happens online, though.

Rizen
Jan 4, 2007, 10:30 PM
I think offline if you used lower or the wrong type of ??? item it would change the rank of the item. I dont remember since I havent played offline in a while. Online? I dont have a clue, havent tried.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 4, 2007, 10:31 PM
I've heard it has a small chance of producing a weapon 1* higher than what it's supposed to make online. There was a thread here like last month that said they upgrade at a small chance... i've never tried so I don't know. I just remember a thread similiar to this.

PLURSprout
Jan 4, 2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks I'll try looking for the old thread then. Makes you wonder though, what would happen if you use el or im photons repeatedly to make 12 star weapons (other than going broke really fast and your terminal possibly going postal and beating the living daylights out of you). Oh well, I'm too broke to try it even on 1 star weapons.

MomoHana
Jan 5, 2007, 03:22 AM
From what I heard there is 2 things. % of actually making it and % of it completly changing to a better/worst item ? Idk...