PDA

View Full Version : How do you make money?

Eliash
Jan 5, 2007, 05:53 PM
Thought it would be interesting to see how other people make most of their money.

Also please mention what version of the game you play. (for example: Player shops may be better at making money in PC/PS2 version because of the large amount of cash in circulation, whereas missions may be a better source of money on the Xbox 360 version.)

EDIT: Also if you wish to share tips for other players on how to make money please do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-05 14:56 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Jan 5, 2007, 05:55 PM
PSU 360, I do a mix of player shops, syn, farming in general, and missions. No real specific task.

Sychosis
Jan 5, 2007, 05:58 PM
PSU 360: Other.

Like stated above I do a combination of all of them.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
Well I get a really expensive weapon and then I sell it to people in lobbies, but when they hit final comfirm I take the item out and then do final confirm that way I get their meseta and I keep my item...

But not really, I do lots and lots of de regan runs, 700 meseta per... sweetness.
Although lately I have been doing the story mission so I can beat the Vol brothers to get the Neta Notes + Harisen Fan boards.
So far I have 16 Neta Notes, 7 Harisen Fan Boards and 4 Twin Harisen Fan Boards.
The twins are a bitch to get, they barely drop them lol.
And I can never seem to abandon before that last mofo dies lol, so I get stuck having to go through 5 minutes of pure unwanted text.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 5, 2007, 06:00 PM
I do lots and lots of de regan runs, 700 meseta per... sweetness.
Although lately I have been doing the story mission so I can beat the Vol brothers to get the Neta Notes + Harisen Fan boards.
So far I have 16 Neta Notes, 7 Harisen Fan Boards and 4 Twin Harisen Fan Boards.
The twins are a bitch to get, they barely drop them lol.
And I can never seem to abandon before that last mofo dies lol, so I get stuck having to go through 5 minutes of pure unwanted text.

PsyX
Jan 5, 2007, 06:03 PM
PSU PC.

I make most my money from just running missions. Might not be the fastest way to do it, but I can make money while developing my character.

You get meseta/drops from the mission itself and for getting an S rank in a mission the rewards are pretty good, e.g. C Plains Overlord on Parum (where you fight the De Ragan) gets you 700 meseta, and the B Plains Overlord gives 1100 meseta, as well as good exp from killing the De Ragan. If you're with a good party you can do the whole run pretty quickly, only problem is repeatidly doing the same run can get slightly tedious.

Soloing Sleeping Warriors (if you can do it) is also good for money, large miniboss like enemies (I forgot the name sorry, very large rhinocerous like things) will drop 200 to 300 meseta every so often (it's not a rare drop anyway) and you fight about 4 or 5 of them per run. (Or maybe more, I can't remember exact details.)

Rewards for finishing Sleeping Warriors with an S rank aren't half bad either.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 5, 2007, 06:05 PM
The reward for sleeping warrior is 600 meseta.
SO doing sleeping warriors is also good, you can get about 1k from the rhinocerous drops alone, if you are lucky. There are 6 of them in a run.

Pure-chan
Jan 5, 2007, 06:06 PM
PC: Missions + Other

I rank people up in afk games. ...Pretty much all of my weapons, armors and mats were payed for by helping my friends level their alts.

...After that, selling rare mats I find while rushing people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-01-05 15:11 ]</font>

Siertes
Jan 5, 2007, 06:23 PM
PSU PC: Player Shop

I'm ashamed to say that I do take advantage of extreme player shop prices. In fact, between yesterday and today I made over 1 million selling only two Deljaban Blades. It truly makes me sick, but I was never one who could resist temptation. I've since closed down my shop and am not sure if I'll reopen.

Now I'll probably stick to solo missions to make money.

Eliash
Jan 5, 2007, 06:26 PM
I do Neudaiz relic mission and make roughly 10k an hour. Also I get about 10k xp an hour solo I think it's almost better than the Sleeping warriors for a hunter because the rank C mission has 2 mobs, the Kamatoes(spelling?) and the Melee resistant winged one (name starts with a T) that drop over 200 Meseta a piece. Also both mobs give you 81 and 75 xp respectively, and they are a bit more common than the rhino types in Sleeping Warriors, and bit easier to take down with the exception of the winged one who in C rank is about the same. Another big bonus is the fact that all the mobs there are Light based so you can do well with only 1 elemental weapon type unlike the 3 needed in Sleeping.

To make it more clear...

Pros
- More chances at large money drops.
- More chances at large xp drops.
- All monsters are light based.
- Neu wood/ash drops (rather than Par wood/ash which is more readily available in shops for cheap prices according to my searches).
- Different photons drop, rather than only Gra-photons in Sleeping Warriors.
- No annoying mobs that constantly jump backwards.

Cons
- Longer to reach, have to pass 2 long boards that can take up to 10 minutes each.
- Only mission currently available from that area, meaning if you wanted to switch missions for a change you wouldn't be able to.
- No nanosilica/nanocarbons or the Neudaiz equivilant.
- No rechargers during the end of the blocks with the exception of Block 3, which really only affects Rank B or higher for higher level hunters.

EDIT: Xbox 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-05 15:30 ]</font>

JAR
Jan 5, 2007, 06:27 PM
Player has by far provided me with much funds. Yesterday I sold 59 ray photons for 5k each, someone bought them all in one purchase about 5 minutes after I posted them! If you know what people are looking for you can make a lot of quick cash.

imfanboy
Jan 5, 2007, 07:17 PM
I"d keep the rays if you're ever planning on synthing.

every world but the station has fire-based enemies, and a ice weapon can be VERY powerful - I have a 50% ice double saber I synthed and it minces enemies practically everywhere I go.

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 07:18 PM
Missions. I make money slow, but get huge amounts of PM food that I sell in large amounts to get respectably low amounts of money.

PC, BTW.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
grinding 6* weapons to ten, then selling them

THE JACKEL

Garnet_Moon
Jan 5, 2007, 07:39 PM
1 Lidra Board funded 3, 3 funded 7, 7 funded 12, 12 funded... etc, etc.

I make my living through my shop. x_X

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 07:44 PM
PSU: PS2/PC servers.

Other:

I don't make money, everyone else seems to get the rares from my games. Probably have more hours logged online than anyone else on this board and you couldn't tell from my equipment or PM... >.>

etlitch
Jan 5, 2007, 08:21 PM
Grind S missions, find 11+* materials or boards for rare weapons, start vend shop, overprice them, wait for duper, profit.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 5, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-01-05 17:21, etlitch wrote:
Grind S missions, find 11+* materials or boards for rare weapons, start vend shop, overprice them, wait for duper, profit.

Exactly.

Ryno
Jan 5, 2007, 09:00 PM
missions..

right now i have 180,000k on me and 32 PA fragments.. just from doing missions on neudaiz S runs which at the end it gives you 3800 meseta..

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 09:26 PM
PSU 360.

I don't make money. I'm always spending my earnings on my PM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 5, 2007, 09:27 PM
People make money by coming up to me and saying, "I need money"

I make money, lots of money, selling high grinds, and will continue to do so

THE JACKEL

Garnet_Moon
Jan 5, 2007, 09:31 PM
I bought out some shop with Mayrods for 130k each. I just sold them for 350k each. x_X

Magitek_X
Jan 5, 2007, 09:35 PM
And that's capitalism, folks!

etlitch
Jan 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
On 2007-01-05 18:35, Magitek_X wrote:
And that's capitalism, folks!error: economical theories cannot be applied on a system where no base economy exists.

BluCast20xx
Jan 5, 2007, 10:02 PM
I do a little bit of everything. I sell various sythesis materials, farm (take a break from S-Ranks) sythesize weapons and items

Im stating to love grinding weapons now....even with no luck, i often get +4 to +6 for my weapons
and when i have gotten stronger ones, those high grinded ones goin my shop (currently selling a Blaster+5, has as much attack as a Shooter or a Vullseye, just not the accuracy.)

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 6, 2007, 12:07 AM
ah BluCast, try selling a grind 10... you may spend 500k breaking weapons to make it, but it sells for a couple million. That's where I've made my money.

THE JACKEL

Diablohead
Jan 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
I sell stuff that is in demand but only if I find it and have no use for it. Photons sell fast and it's a good method to get a few K meseta to go towards synthing.

I have just started to experiment with synthing 8 star items now that I have the money for trial and error, very expensive and long process but if it works well I can make my money back hopefully.

Thrash777
Jan 6, 2007, 10:03 AM
Sleeping Warriors for the Nanocarbons, you can get up to 4 in one run, and you're guranteed at least 2 nanosilica/carbon everytime.

Also, Grinders you can make money off really easy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thrash777 on 2007-01-06 07:04 ]</font>

BluCast20xx
Jan 6, 2007, 10:08 AM
On 2007-01-05 21:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
ah BluCast, try selling a grind 10... you may spend 500k breaking weapons to make it, but it sells for a couple million. That's where I've made my money.

THE JACKEL

whoa...couple million!?

i feel motivated to try! I just need to FARM MOAR!

Thrash777
Jan 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I saw a 4 star wep with +8 on it going for 120k before. People seem to like grinded weapons... I however would jus search for a higher rank weapon and get the extra ATA on it...

Wheatpenny
Jan 6, 2007, 10:43 AM
Synthing. I make A rank weapons with % anything less than 20% I sell for the cost of materials and then about 20-40 k depending on item that pays for the synths. Then in the unlikely event I make an item that is 20% or above I price it accordingly.

petruseden
Jan 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
I own a pretty successful shop .. mostly selling grinders, but occasionaly i sell a rare drop or some photons. Im a force you see, and dont have much use for them beyond making money with it. Most of my weapons crafting is in the form of rods and wands since my 450 is geared for it.

PaladinRPG
Jan 6, 2007, 11:59 AM
I do a very good trade in Fruit Juices (200 for board + berries, sold for 300). Stack of 99 sells out in a matter of hours - Easy money without even having to play the game & grind missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Along with this is rare S rank find materials like gemstones(copernia, olpad, etc) and monster parts, like the Tengohg Ala I just sold for 200k. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
Well let's see, and A rank Rapier(saber weapon 8*) has
ATP: 550
ATA: 255
PP: 262

While a Tenora works 6* Seva Falsa grinded to 10 is....
ATP: 626
ATA: 251
PP: 202

so you lose 4 ATA, and 60 PP for an ATP boost of 76.... I say that's a trade I'm more than willing to make

THE JACKEL

EC_Subbie
Jan 6, 2007, 05:52 PM
I sell rares in my shop from missions + grinders = 20-50k a day from shop alone, not counting mission rewards/meseta. I don't spend things very often as I occasionally need an armor, and new guns. I'll blow through hundreds of thousands when I do buy, but by the time a new update is here I have enough.

Chris28
Jan 6, 2007, 05:54 PM
i work at a probation office.

Emrald
Jan 6, 2007, 06:24 PM
I have real rich friends on PSU >_> nice rich friends...They buy me things XD

Probation office FTW

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: coolcat33333 on 2007-01-06 15:29 ]</font>

rvzero
Jan 6, 2007, 07:55 PM
I like doing Mizuraki Def S. nice drops and with my usual luck I get alot of the materials =D
I sell almost every rare I find (ignoring the inflated prices).. current balance around 3.7 mil