PDA

View Full Version : pvp on psu?

BOWSER5150
Jan 5, 2007, 07:08 PM
Just here to ask about another rumor ive heard. About a week or 2 ago a couple of guys said that PSU would have PVP in one of the future updates. Can anyone confirm or heard of this? It would be nice to have cause they were saying you would be able to do party vs party which would be fun.

--
Mod edit: fix title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-01-05 19:52 ]</font>

princejake2
Jan 5, 2007, 07:10 PM
Unconfirmed so far, and not very likely to happen.

DonRoyale
Fucking rumor-starters.

PSU sucks enough without PvP. Has enough whiny noobs, I thank you.

PvP would ruin PSU once and for all, IMO.

This type of topic is posted too much >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SereneShadows on 2007-01-05 16:11 ]</font>

KRKcl17
Sega never said it was coming, nor did they say they had plans to bring it to PSU.
It annoys me to all lengths when someone without a good come back says, "Wait to PVP you fegget, I'm gonna kick ur azz." I rofl...

Anyway, not to stray away, Sega seriously said that they don't have plans to bring it to PSU.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
I would love a PvP... That way I can pwn people with my harisen battle fan.

Kent
Jan 5, 2007, 07:20 PM
PSU doesn't need PvP. People just need to stop being self-righteous, elitist bastards.

Of course, that's a lot to ask for, that people stop being imbecilic, and stop thinking they're better than everyone...

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-01-05 16:20, Kent wrote:
PSU doesn't need PvP. People just need to stop being self-righteous, elitist bastards.

Of course, that's a lot to ask for, that people stop being imbecilic, and stop thinking they're better than everyone...

Thank you.

QFT

KRKcl17
Jan 5, 2007, 07:23 PM
Thank you, someone else with a shared view. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Stixx
Jan 5, 2007, 07:24 PM
I personally would like to see something like from PSO where you started the match at level 1 and had to find all your gear/items as you go...that was fun amongst friends =/

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 5, 2007, 07:48 PM
the game seems a little imbalanced due to nanoblast and SUV(hey, you never know), there is no way a game like this would or should have a good PVP system.

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-01-05 16:10, KRKcl17 wrote:

It annoys me to all lengths when someone without a good come back says, "Wait to PVP you fegget, I'm gonna kick ur azz." I rofl...

My response is usually. "PvP is pointless."
Then they say something along the lines of. "PvP shows who the better player is."
Then I say. "I already know I'm a better player than you, so what would the the point of PvP?"

Really PvP only seems to be important to elitists that want to try and stroke their E-peen. Sadly these are usually the people that do very poorly at it too...

I really don't care if they add it or not. Maybe adding it would get rid of all the immature spammers sitting in the field lobbies.

JaiBlue
Jan 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
Damn you guys act as if a little competion is a bad thing, you people know you can't stop someone from acting like an enlist bastard anymore than you can tell them to shut up. The whole "pvp will bring more noobs " is a piss poor
excuse even if it does give noobs a reason to act more enlist than they already are. Geez why the F** do so many of you care in the first place? your gonna either want to fight them to prove they aren't as great as they think they are or just go blacklist them, wich is pretty much what most of you do anyway.

*edit* many of are the same people who say just ignore the noobs of this game, but the minute pvp is a thought you go all head over heels about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-01-05 17:21 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-01-05 17:17, JaiBlue wrote:
Damn you guys act as if a little competion is a bad thing, you people know you can't stop someone from acting like an enlist bastard anymore than you can tell them to shut up. The whole "pvp will bring more noobs " is a piss poor
excuse even if it does give noobs a reason to act more enlist than they already are. Geez why the F** do so many of you care in the first place? your gonna either want to fight them to prove they aren't as great as they think they are or just go blacklist them, wich is pretty much what most of you do anyway.

*edit* many of are the same people who say just ignore the noobs of this game, but the minute pvp is a thought you go all head over heels about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-01-05 17:21 ]</font>

To be honest I used to make a point of schooling noobs in the most humiliating ways possible in PvP settings. But it became quite boring quickly. Even more so when most of these noobs would try to justify their loss claiming that I was cheating or using hacks. Nowadays I don't give a damn about PvP unless it's a game specifically made for it such as Battlefield 2142 and even then my attention span isn't that long for it because most people on said games these days seem to be nothing but sheep following someone else's "Be and elite pro guide" which in turn results in me knowing exactly what they're going to do before they even do it.

They could add it to PSU or not add it I really don't care. The way I see it, it gets all the annoying noobs out of my sight so I don't have to deal with them if they do add it.

Yuicihi
Jan 5, 2007, 08:55 PM
I couldn't care less about it.
I would care, however, if random player #3 could come up and attack me in a lobby.

PvP adds another element to the game. After all, after millions of S rank runs, it's obviously going to get boring attacking a monster that can't think.

If, PS3s actually sell, and PvP is implemented, I would rather a WoW approach on the Normal servers.

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 09:04 PM
WoW PvP IMO was one of the worst systems ever.
*Random Noob rogue tries to jump me*
*Random noob rogue gets ass handed to them*
*Random noob rogue shows up 30 min later with a bunch of noob friends*
*Random noob rogue + posse has become a pile of corpses laying all over the road to Ashenvale.*
I was a Night Elf Hunter...

Taking and holding objectives or CTF is more worthwhile IMO.

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 09:08 PM
Many times, SereneShadows has said:
WoW IMO was one of the worst MMO's ever.

It's the disease, I'm the cure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Back on topic, seriously, it's bad enough this game has barely any content. Most noobs are a bunch of humans. Humans would suck at PvP.

It's bad enough how the eight-year-olds are waving their dicks around, saying they're the shit and then getting their asses handed to them. Then, when they lose, they whine, saying "waaah u cheated". Then they come back with their six-year-old friends, wave their dicks around some more, and when you beat them all, they'll really start thinking you're cheating.

Seriously, let's just pray it won't happen.

VanHalen
Jan 5, 2007, 09:15 PM
i dont have a problem with having pvp in this game (i can probably show that newmans are as good of hunters as any other race) but i dont see where it would fit in with the storyline( though i do confess i have had days where i'd look at someone in think in my head "wait til pvp comes out " especially that racist cast fortefighter).

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally... >.>

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 09:20 PM
I was scared when I fought Ethan. If that's gonna be what PvP is like, I'm gonna be pissed.

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 09:24 PM
It doesn't seem likely.

You guys are sad, getting mad over a topic like this.

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-01-05 18:24, MayLee wrote:
It doesn't seem likely.

I'm not. The mere thought of PvP in ANY RPG annoys the shit outta me.

JaiBlue
Jan 5, 2007, 09:32 PM
It doesn't seem likely.

Shes right, I'm sawie maywii.
*hugs*

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-01-05 18:32, JaiBlue wrote:

It doesn't seem likely.

Shes right, I'm sawie maywii.
*hugs*

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

Just don't let it happen again. >_>

I wasn't too fond of the old PvP in PSO. Hackers and their hacked items and their snobby attitude got to me too much.

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 09:37 PM
May, it was worse in PSOBB. You lost EXP. ;_;

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 09:38 PM
You serious? Oh no, I would have given up on the game real quick-like. >_<

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 09:40 PM
You should lose xp when you die on PSU, Then all the idiots would still be around lv 10... >.>

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
Isn't that like FFXI?

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
Yes. And it seemed like a good reason for less people to play like idiots, though of course the ones below a usable learning curve are probably still stuck in dunes, qufim, or kazham... >.>

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 09:53 PM
You didn't level down on PSOBB. You just lost EXP.

It was therefore possible to have 0 EXP at level 199, you'd just need 83M to get to 200 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 10:01 PM
My friend stopped playing FFXI because he leveled down so much. He never had good parties to party up with.

zanotam
Jan 5, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-01-05 16:20, Kent wrote:

As albert einstein said there are too thing that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and i'm not so sure about the former.

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
Most my XP parties in FFXI were with Japanese players... >.>

For some reason I had an easier time getting along with them than most of the North American parties I joined...

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 10:15 PM
That's funny because I feel the same way about PSU sometimes.

They are real great to party up with,, They don't call you the "N" word, or talk smack just to hear yourself. They are polite and know their stuff.

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 10:31 PM
There's just as many annoying/bad Japanese players as there are North American ones. They just seem to do a better job of hiding them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MayLee
Jan 5, 2007, 10:37 PM
I have yet to find them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 10:41 PM
Japanese people are generally raised to be polite to people they've never met.... Whereas Americans.... Yeah, Their parents teach them to be mean little buggers to strangers and to be greedy punks.
I'm Lancashirian. >_> <_<
I'm a retired MapleStory vet(Both an English server and a Japanese server), MapleStory's English servers have the worst communities of any MMORPG, bar none. The Japanese servers were great in terms of community though.

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 11:02 PM
I'm Japanese and just live in the US. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Haven't been to Japan in about 16 years or so though. :/ I should probably take a vacation sometime.

As for the parents "teaching" kids to be mean little buggers to strangers and to be greedy punks. IMO I'd say it's more of parents not teaching their kids proper personal values. But then thats just my analysis of the situation from my own observations.

Touching back on the idea of PvP in PSU. I'm not sure if it's been brought up as much on Japanese PSU forums as it has here. I don't really keep track of them since I'm too lazy to import things from over there and just use the NA versions. (Cept things like anime. English dub = butchered! >.<) Really the desire for a PvP system on these boards probably originates from competitive mentality that they seem to press substantially in schools though their sports programs. (Only sports I ever cared for were motor sports. Why wasn't there a highschool drift team? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 11:06 PM
My view on things is based from what they tried to put through my mind when I was younger(I left Lancashire for American when I was two years old, unwillingly of course. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) about "If a stranger starts talking to you give him a swift kick to the nuts and run like hell" or something like that. Yeah, English anime IS butchered. They even slaughtered .hack//. Stupid 4kidz.
The only sports I'm interested it aren't even real sports. God I wish my school had a dodgeball team. Hell, I'd be in heaven if we were more like Korea and schools had Starcraft teams. >_> <_<

Esufer
Jan 5, 2007, 11:07 PM
PvP in RPG's is a generally terrible Idea. Except Guild Wars. That was AWESOME.

PSO PvP blew. Megid = complete and sheer maximo-pwnissimo. I imagine the same thing'd happen in PSU, seeing as Megid now, if it doesn't kill you, just does a bajillion points of damage in one hit. That, coupled with Nanoblasts and SUVs, would pretty much make the game really really unenjoyable, as you could just stand there and let the seven shades get beaten out of you, then Grom Buster for the game.

Which involves no skill at all.

Keep the Pvp to Gears of War et al, yo.

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 11:07 PM
EDIT:Crud, That stupid double-post glitch got me. Again. >_> <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vyslain on 2007-01-05 20:07 ]</font>

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 11:10 PM
Look at the bright side. At least there isn't a way to use Dulk Fakis's meteor buster thing. >_>
Whoever actually managed to learn and junction that tech to a staff = Spam it for the win! Unless they pulled a WoW and put a 5 minute stun time on it where you can't do anything until the stun time is up. >_>

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 11:28 PM
WoW PvP for my Hunter was pretty much. "Your Aimed shot crits Random max level noob for 8973 damage. Random max level noob dies." >.> Rogues didn't appreciate targets that could dodge as much as they do while an elite level pet tiger named King Bangleesh bit the crap out of their rear end...

Nanoblasts probably wouldn't be too overpowered in PvP on PSU with the current system since the Beast would still have to get to you. But have fun trying to dodge or stop a Sturm Buster. XD

Vyslain
Jan 5, 2007, 11:33 PM
That's kinda why I hated WoW. PvP was garbage. The "War" PvP stuff where it was like 30vs30 at once...Ew.

MapleStory PvP involves seeing who can do quests faster instead of actual fighting. Actual fighting wouldn't work. Crusaders at level 120 have roughly 10000 HP and can do upwards of 50000 damage. Hermits at level 120 have 3000 HP and can do 4000-8000 per individual throwing star, and the abilities they have allow them to throw anywhere from 2-6 throwing stars at a time.
Two Stars = Lucky Seven
Three Stars = Triple Throw
Four Stars = Lucky Seven + Doppleganger
Six Stars = Triple throw + Doppleganger

BloodDragoon
Jan 5, 2007, 11:51 PM
iRO PvP was remotely humorous in the fact it was only sanctioned events in specified areas and the GM's liked to join in. (People freaked out if you killed one. PFFT I nailed all of them at some point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Probably the first AGI build spear knight on Loki. People considered spears too slow to use with an agi build. They didn't think that when I was taking MVP awards without fail by spamming Pierce almost non stop. But the most humorous PvP event on that game was this kind of roulette style system they did once where they randomly warped people to a PvP arena for 1 on 1 battles. Winner stays loser gets booted out and you recieved some prize that I don't remember if you won 3 battles in a row. Well My main was a lv 97 Agi build spear knight. Match 1, Assumed LV 70ish wizard. Dead in seconds from spamming spear boomerang. Match 2 I get a battle priest. Spam pierce, eventually dead priest. Match 3. I get some poor unfortunate noob that is still a novice. First thing he says is "Where am I?" and my thoughts are pretty much. "Oi~". I causally walk up to him, say "sorry this is just business". *poke* novice hits the floor...

MayLee
Jan 6, 2007, 12:22 AM
This may be off topic but I was a bit excited someone from Japan called me "MayLee-San"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AC9breaker
Jan 6, 2007, 12:33 AM
Yes baby! The monthly "will this game have pvp thread" I was actually contemplating on making it, but figured the month is just too early. Now lets all kick back and crack open a beer.

Yuicihi
Jan 6, 2007, 01:23 AM
On 2007-01-05 18:04, BloodDragoon wrote:
*Random noob rogue + posse has become a pile of corpses laying all over the road to Ashenvale.*

Odd, on my server you have to challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Serephim
Jan 6, 2007, 02:10 AM
The hell are you all whining about? not like you were FORCED to do it in PSO...

It would only be better on this game.

No attack delays. On PSO if you got knocked down it was like a 5 second delay on taking damage, and if you diddnt get knocked down, your dead. Forces autotargeted and raped everyone, and Ranger's Mechguns and basically every other weapon combo was basically useless.

On this game, the multiple hitting weapons would actully give an advantage, and Mechguns and Double/Twin weapons would be cool to use again. Forces no longer Auto-target their enemies (unless using a Ra- spell, of course), and neither do rangers, and with the added strafe abilities of the players, it would add some epicism to the battles.

Photon Arts add combos and the ability to juggle/blow away the character.

And the better stats of PSU would make the battles last longer. (i generally have more HP at lvl 40 on Extra Mode than my lvl 109 Humar did on PSOGC at lvl 90.)

To top it alll off, there are MORE classes, MORE weapon varities, and MORE PEOPLE PER PARTY.
There could be Free For Alls or 3v3 Team Matches.

And then, they could even do Stat Swiching Battle Modes, where maybe one character was really powerful, and all the others had to defeat him. Players 1, 2, and 3 could all have their normal stats, while the player is given the stats of a Boss or something. (100,000 HP, high ass attack, the ability to blow away the players with crits...)

I personally would have TONS of fun playing with my hunter and a Stalyvus sword, using Tornado Break and blowing away 5 players trying to kill me, and then pulling out a Handgun to take out the healing forces/ rangers trying to camp.

Or maybe a Free For All mode, where maybe all players have like 10 lives (choice at the start to use your stuff, or start at lvl 10 or something and choose your weapons), and they put you in an arena with a few walls/warps to elevated areas, so you could run around setting traps on the walls, sniping people on cliffs (PoV mode, aim, fire.), and blasting people to oblvion.

Although, they would have to give Humans/newmans special abilities, because if a Beast Nanoblasts/ a Cast whipps out his SUV, everyone would run while getting shot in the back.

PVP on this game would be so damn awesome. They improved the engine alot, so the possibilities would be endless. (although i doubt Sonic Team is smart enough to implement a battle mode like that.)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 6, 2007, 07:32 AM
On 2007-01-05 22:23, Yuicihi wrote:

On 2007-01-05 18:04, BloodDragoon wrote:

Odd, on my server you have to challenge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

maybe those random noob rougues didn't have to challenge cuz they have reached a previously "unreachable" level.

BloodDragoon
Jan 6, 2007, 08:29 AM
Actually I played on an open PvP server so I could do things with a couple RL friends. That itself became quite annoying since I usually had to kill off a half dozen or so idiots any time I wanted to go somewhere outside alliance territory...

Jonty
Jan 6, 2007, 09:19 AM
On 2007-01-05 16:24, Stixx wrote:
I personally would like to see something like from PSO where you started the match at level 1 and had to find all your gear/items as you go...that was fun amongst friends =/

Challenge mode for the freaking win!

Thrash777
Jan 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
Use the forum search and search for "pvp" under PSU General, and you will see about 10 other topics on this subject, including my rant about people making these topics over and over again! lol

Umi_Ryu
Jan 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
I think PvP or, at least, competition could be added easyly with the storyline.
Making one able to join the Communion of Gurhal, the AMF, the Rogues or even the Endrum Collective for multi-parties competitions and PvP missions. It would be nice to have a mission in Relics where players from Endrum Collective, Guardians and Rogues tries to reach a same goal in a kind of "capture the flag" mission.

Still ... PvP would be boring in this game, like in a lot of games, because it will make most peoples reroll to the optimised PvP class.

I did not played really much MMOs, but I never saw a good PvP system where everyone had really their chances, there always had been one class/race above all others that is played by the majority of players to PvP random lower levels players.

At least, if they add PvP in PSU, it will not be forced PvP.
I personally don't care, I don't like PvP. But for all that like it it would break a bit the repetitivity of the game.

KaiNova7
Jan 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
Once again..Im all for PvP as an option..
I loved it on PSO. Im sure if done right..I'll love pvp on PSU..
Just gives the game more replay value..cause you have to find/synth better armour/weapons to stay at the top of the competion.

BloodDragoon
Jan 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-01-06 11:47, KaiNova7 wrote:
Once again..Im all for PvP as an option..
I loved it on PSO. Im sure if done right..I'll love pvp on PSU..
Just gives the game more replay value..cause you have to find/synth better armour/weapons to stay at the top of the competion.

Expensive gear < Skill.

Thats the way it should always be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dy3
Jan 6, 2007, 08:31 PM
I enjoyed the PvP matches on PSO. I would like if they did something like that, it wouldn't hurt to add it if they had it set up the same was it was on Ep1&2