PDA

View Full Version : So. Cresline Armour. What is the point?

XCOPY
Jan 6, 2007, 01:22 AM
This is a minor thing here, but it's been bugging me for quite awhile now...why would anyone get this? It seems to be the worst non-C-rank armor I've seen. It costs 45,000 in npc shops, but has NO slots and NO elemental resistance....and of course, there are no addslots in the game(*what the hell, Sega? Come on now), so it is forever an empty armour with stats that are surpassed by similar priced armors. Why would anyone buy that? It just makes no sense...like "...if it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college..". It's like how "no blast badge" is one of the options that costs 10,000 at the makeover shop for level 20+ beasts. Why would you buy "No blast badge"? This has devoured little bits of my sanity ever since the first day I saw that armor...I couldn't keep silent on the issue any longer; it had to be addressed. And yeah, I spelled armor both ways in this post. It was fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-01-05 22:23 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 6, 2007, 01:38 AM
I was looking at the ad up there ^ with the "wood log" while trying to read your rant, then an image popped up in my head seeing you talk to the log about this issue >.>;;

... Anyways. During the time before the release of other higher ranking armor, Cresline was one of the armor that some of the community was using before. That was the only impact it had for it's worth, though as some people decided against it with other armor such as Gigaline and etc.

The armor itself has a few bonuses according to http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Armors and it was easier to get hands on than Gigaline.

Kupi
Jan 6, 2007, 01:41 AM
Judging by the "classic look" part of its description and the trend of Crea weapons mentioning that they're very much like early weapon models, I suspect the Cresline gets a set bonus when you equip any Crea weapon as well. That means the Cresline's stats improve by 25%... functionally turning it into an armor with 99 DEF, 154 EVP, and 126 MST. The weapon would also get a 25% boost to all parameters. Pretty good when you consider that Crea weapons allow for wide-angle attacks and tend to suffer stat penalties for it.

roygbiv
Jan 6, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-01-05 22:41, Kupi wrote:
Judging by the "classic look" part of its description and the trend of Crea weapons mentioning that they're very much like early weapon models, I suspect the Cresline gets a set bonus when you equip any Crea weapon as well. That means the Cresline's stats improve by 25%... functionally turning it into an armor with 99 DEF, 154 EVP, and 126 MST. The weapon would also get a 25% boost to all parameters. Pretty good when you consider that Crea weapons allow for wide-angle attacks and tend to suffer stat penalties for it.

except that it isn't true.

Kupi
Jan 6, 2007, 02:02 AM
On 2007-01-05 22:46, roygbiv wrote:

On 2007-01-05 22:41, Kupi wrote:

except that it isn't true.

Heh, yep. Just looked it up at PSUPedia. Hooray for meaningless conjecture!

shewby
Jan 6, 2007, 02:29 AM
lol, lewis black