PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Kubara wood IS the new Photon Drop.

imfanboy
Jan 6, 2007, 05:22 AM
Well, it finally happened, just like the doomsayers said it would.

Yesterday, for those of you not in the know, a player named Box was swapping 8* weapons with 10-20%s for Kubara Wood and elemental Photons. I dropped by, more to satisfy my curiousity than anything else, and yes indeed, he had the max meseta.

Now, I sincerely doubt that he's a cheater, despite a chance resemblance in names; more likely, he sold so many high % weapons to cheaters that he ended up with full meseta and now, quite simply, he has no need for meseta.

Just the things that money CAN'T buy: Kubara Wood and elemental photons.

Now, I can't fault him; in fact, I predicted this would happen a month ago. More, in fact. (I'm glad I was stockpiling Kubara wood when it was 300 a pop, not 10k+!)

I predict that this will be the new 'economy' as such; synthers will trade good synths for rare items and kubara wood will make up the balance of any out of whack trades, because only the high level synthers NEED kubara wood.

Here's how things will go from this point on, as far as meseta will go:

1) A person/group will find a rare

2) They will put it up in the player store for outrageous prices (50 million, 99 million, whatever)

3) They will take the cheater's meseta and distribute it to their friends so that no one in their immediate circle will have money troubles again.

A bleak view compared to how things are SUPPOSED to run, but I suppose it does have upsides. It means that you're free from the burden of grinding for money, which is both bad and good.

And on the other hand, it WILL eventually cut cheaters out of the loop. Because all they'll have is the stuff that they bought for outrageous sums, and because only fools will be willing to sell them anything for something so worthless as 'meseta', they'll hopefully grow more and more bored... bomb player shops for 'fun' instead of as a targeted attack (just like how FSODing started out as targeted, then punk cheaters would do it whenever anyone stepped into the lobby)... which means more players won't have shops on their mains, or won't have shops at all...

Gah. Not a fun idea. But it does mean that if you're quick now, you can protect yourself and learn to enjoy the game in a way that, while the designers may not have intended, can still be... interesting?

Fuck. I hate this. I hate every second of this.

But I don't see what can be done. I still like the game and will continue to play it.

edited for mature content. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-06 03:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-06 03:38 ]</font>

Hotashi
Jan 6, 2007, 05:48 AM
Leave the game...

imfanboy
Jan 6, 2007, 05:52 AM
This is intended as a word to the wise - in other words, it's not meant for you hotashi. Go ahead and ignore it.

I played PSO addictively through a LOT worse than this, and I still enjoy PSU.

I just will only use the shops to hunt PM food.

And will advise people to save their Kubara Wood.

Sinue_v2
Jan 6, 2007, 06:10 AM
You really didn't need the rape analogy to make your point.

Pentence
Jan 6, 2007, 06:26 AM
Ok honestly it isnt a big deal for those who avoid the mainstream idiots.Also to be quite frank the REAL problem IS NOT duped meseta it is the greedy people ,or lazy people in some cases,that want in on this stuff.I can almost guarantee you that for every person who has goten almost infinite meseta from this there are a almsot a hundred more who havent.

Choja
Jan 6, 2007, 07:12 AM
I'm baaaaaack! Did anyone miss me? I hope not.
Okay, so apparently, I had to wade through threads and I see this. Did you know attention is a currency to some infamous (morons) hackers and script kiddies? Somehow, they get paid attention by how much of a commotion they cause, and then they spread around the method to get more of this "attention".
It's a weird thing, really, I don't understand it either. It's concept at its worst, and I should have changed in talking/typing/posting by shooting out simple understandable phrases, but I'm still the word-spewing person I am. Damn you, New Year's Day.

Diablohead
Jan 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
I had to buy kubara wood today towards synthing and it seems prices are rising, thankfully I got 12 pieces at 2.5k each instead of the 7-12k other stores were asking.

It's the new ray-photon in my eyes.

Neith
Jan 6, 2007, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't even bother buying Kubara Wood, it drops often enough.

I've lost almost all faith in the playershop part of PSU now- you can seemingly sell anything for any amount and it'll sell...

Ultra
Jan 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
...I wonder how much Kubara weapons are going to increase now? :/

Thrash777
Jan 6, 2007, 10:01 AM
PA fragments are more like PD's in these that you need a lot to get certain items from a vendor...

Randomness
Jan 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-01-06 07:01, Thrash777 wrote:
PA fragments are more like PD's in these that you need a lot to get certain items from a vendor...

But they're non-transferable...

But really... Kubara wood shouldn't be selling for 10k+, it drops left and right in lower rank LL missions...

watashiwa
Jan 6, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-01-06 02:22, imfanboy wrote:

You only need one Kubara wood to put in your storage and withdraw multiples.

If someone's selling just one, all a cheater would have to do is buy that one, put it in his or her storage, and withdraw as many as they like.

Serephim
Jan 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
So what your saying is as people gain more meseta, the overall price of meseta will drop?

That can be started with the help of a few assholes and one idiot.

Dont let this game's market fall to inflation, PLEASE guys. I havent even paid to play yet.......

Gamemako
Jan 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
You want to know where the economy is going?

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/736/hack1zi8.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7540/hack2zr1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-06 09:35 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jan 6, 2007, 12:39 PM
What's funny about Gamemako's pic is hackers will buy the items too lol..

Gamemako
Jan 6, 2007, 12:40 PM
I believe someone bought the Hanzo.

hainsaw3
Jan 6, 2007, 12:45 PM
1mil for a C pike? what is the point of buying something like that, even with hacked meseta....

good luck to you people!

Siertes
Jan 6, 2007, 12:46 PM
I've been seeing a lot of shops with ads asking people to buy their overpricing stuff. A lot more recently. It really is getting annoying.

Wash
Jan 6, 2007, 01:11 PM
What version is the meseta duping mainly happening? I haven't played much (on the basis that my 360 broke), so the last time I played (about 3 weeks ago), everything was just fine. I almost never saw any ridiculously overpriced items (I did go to some idiots' shops, but I never saw any hacker-priced items, so to speak), and was never aware of this problem.

Gamemako
Jan 6, 2007, 01:21 PM
PC/PS2 version. Actually, the hacking is done by PC users, with the PS2 people just along for the ride.

Rubesahl
Jan 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
Oh well, i do not see how this directly affects a normal player . __ . I make most of my stuff, store my kubara wood and I rarely buy from player stores. Mostly for synth materials http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Plus earning meseta by your own means is funner :3 Otherwise, game gets boring fast >_>; What annoys me of cheaters is if it comes to the point of fsoding and stuff. We'll see...

Wash
Jan 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
I have been trying to find that out for about a week and a half... so thank you.

Golto
Jan 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
The player shop economy is trashed so I hope legit players have 3 different pure pms and are lucky rare hunting. I found it ridiculous that megi photons are selling at 25000 while you can get at the very least 5 a run doing LL. Eventhough no one with an open player shop can call themselves legit now.

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 6, 2007, 02:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/FallenAngelicLeo/PSOW/mesta.jpg

Didn't the JP servers get a reset because the economy was ruined?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-01-06 11:54 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
OK but does anyone know where to get Kubara Wood LEGIT? Im offline btw & tho ppl have said its easy to get, I havent found a single one. Does anyone know where it definitely drops? I have over 100 hrs on the game & still not a one.

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 6, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-01-06 11:53, OdinTyler wrote:
OK but does anyone know where to get Kubara Wood LEGIT? Im offline btw & tho ppl have said its easy to get, I havent found a single one. Does anyone know where it definitely drops? I have over 100 hrs on the game & still not a one.

Wrong place to ask...
Use the search button.

MayLee
Jan 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
If the US servers got reset because of the same thing..the hackers are to blame.

Wheatpenny
Jan 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
Kabura wood drops totaly random in just about any mission.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
I have tried the search, thats why Im asking. I thought I had a couple of leads on it & still nothing. Believe me, Ive been looking. The only reliable info Im told is that its only on Parum so Ive been checking there.

hyperacute
Jan 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
Kubara Wood drops pretty randomly in most areas/difficulties/missions IIRC. I've stockpiled a fair amount without even having to resort to buying any.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2007, 03:17 PM
But youre referring to online. Im only offline. Hell, if I could be online, I know a couple of people that might hook me up with it. Alas, offline I am & the more I play the more I see how different the 2 modes are.

Q_Anon
Jan 6, 2007, 03:17 PM

Last I checked money CAN buy these, cheaply too since they both drop like snowflakes in a blizzard.

Zorafim
Jan 6, 2007, 03:19 PM
Offline, it can only be found in the low level relics mission, I think called "What lies in the ruins?". Even there, it's very rare, and you'd have to spend alot of time just hunting it. Really, it's much easier to buy an S rank weapon than it is to make a kubara weapon.

OdinTyler
Jan 6, 2007, 03:35 PM
These you cant buy, thats why I wanna make them.

EC_Subbie
Jan 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
Wow..people actually buy Kubara Wood? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've had around 20 or so in my shop for over a month for 200 a piece and no one wants them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2007-01-06 14:36 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jan 6, 2007, 05:36 PM
it's surely ridicoulous. I sale my legit stuff for cheap, i'm not greedy.

I think i'll have to remove most of the item boards since it seem no one wants to buy them.. ah well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PaladinRPG
Jan 6, 2007, 06:14 PM
I do agree about the "hackers buy my overpriced stuff" people being annoying and a dangerous sign. I always do my best to price my items fairly, somewhere between what I'd be willing to pay for it and the cost I'm actually seeing in other stores.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2007, 02:52 PM
Well, I managed to find one. Its 7 star (like Kerseline) but it should be ranked 9 or 10 because its SUPER rare offline. Seriously.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 8, 2007, 06:21 PM
im lvl 37~38 online... and ive only found 1 kerseline... but that may change one i can handle A-Rank versions of certain missions solo...

CrabRangoon
Jan 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
Crazy, on 360 we cant get rid of them even @ 300-350M/ea in our player shops (where-as NPC's buy it from you for 250M).
I'm taking mine out of my shop though, since I'm looking to make a Kubara weapon now. Makes me kind of glad that nobody bought any of mine.

Para
Jan 8, 2007, 06:38 PM
Kubara Wood Imo will drop in all missions but more so where the mission difficulty in lower areas. Eg. Mizuraki Conservation District Defense S, most wood rares become ebons where if you were to Mizuraki in a lower rank mission, you won't see ebons as much but rather more Kubara.

CrabRangoon
Jan 8, 2007, 06:55 PM
Hm, that's odd. On 360, I've yet to find an Ebon in any mission ranking lower than A and S. I find a lot of wood, some ash (6:1 = wood:ash) in C and B. I find Kubara Wood a lot in the lower missions, but it does pop up some in A and S as well (more 7-10* metals/gems/etc though). I'd say I've found more Kerseline and Vestaline in A and S than I have Kubara Wood. One quirk of it in S missions, though, is that some people will actually boot you from the party if you pick it up in their game. Many people run their parties with rares set in order, and if you pick up Kubara Wood or Moon Atomizer X pieces and pass it to an unwanting member, they dont hesitate to remove the person who chose to pick it up (regardless of that idea of how rares are destined to a member once they are dropped, whether picked up or not).

huntlyon
Jan 8, 2007, 07:30 PM
damn.. is the ps2/pc version that screwed up to holy hell?

christ, at least when the hacking/duping broke out on previous versions you could mind your own business, with a player economy it's made the cancer damn near inoperable.

zanotam
Jan 8, 2007, 08:01 PM
Do what i do and make an overpriced hacker shop if you have an extra character slot not in use. Just made one and when it sells i'm going to start stockign cheap 9* in my main shop to help people out

LordJoe
Jan 8, 2007, 10:44 PM
OMG o.0 its true! i put all my kubara wood in my store for 20k each and they all sold the next morning... i had 24 and made 480k o.0 no lie i hope i made a great deal.... im a millionaire again baby!!! *sings* tryin to catch me ridn dirty

a hacker probably bought them........

imfanboy
Jan 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
no, a synther made rich by cheaters probably bought them - and is planning to use them to make an alteric (10) to sell to another cheater...

Or more likely to trade, because all of the synthers are waking up to the fact that I told them a month ago, and that I opened the post with:

Meseta is WORTHLESS past a certain value.

they were happy (ecstatic!) that you chose that tradeoff... because you traded something worth time and effort for something they got for nothing, and didn't earn.

-_-

You were a sucker, in other words, but hey, that's your choice. Not a big deal, if you don't mind it.

Tita
Jan 9, 2007, 01:41 AM
wow... i'm seriously hoping something is done about this in the update (or that the economy stabalizes after the update).

here's a perspective that is probably as common as dirt:

i over priced my items so that they wouldn't sell immediately, and they ended up selling. so i'm like FINE, if you want them and you can afford them, take em. i already had 60-80% of what i needed for some future synths so i was like "wow, i'm making loads on typical drops!"

for a while it was fun playing the market. speculating this and researching that and seeing things fluctuate up and down, but everything was short of the ridiculousness we're seeing now. i honestly thought that high levelers were making assloads of money and were able to afford this with ease, until i started to notice more and more "BUY MY STUFF HACKERS" ads.... and then ray photons spiking at like 20-50k just a few days ago? WHA-?

it seemed way out of hand, and reading this post confirmed it.

thanks
time to make some changes when i get back on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-01-08 22:43 ]</font>

-_Tao_-
Jan 9, 2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah.... I saw this comming, but not as soon as you did. My shop was being bought out within minutes everytime I would stock it with my 8* kubura guns. I was selling them for what I thought was a marketable price. After talking to the person buying my shop out I found out he was selling them for double the price.

So mesta is a completly useless resource.

I now just stockpile my own items and trade them for resources I need.

Vyslain
Jan 9, 2007, 06:02 AM
On 2007-01-08 19:58, imfanboy wrote:
no, a synther made rich by cheaters probably bought them - and is planning to use them to make an alteric (10) to sell to another cheater...

Or more likely to trade, because all of the synthers are waking up to the fact that I told them a month ago, and that I opened the post with:

Meseta is WORTHLESS past a certain value.

they were happy (ecstatic!) that you chose that tradeoff... because you traded something worth time and effort for something they got for nothing, and didn't earn.

-_-

You were a sucker, in other words, but hey, that's your choice. Not a big deal, if you don't mind it.

There is an advantage to this. Now he might be able to afford to crank out grinders en masse for a while. Unless the boards/G-bases are rare as hell online. ><

zimmk2vgc
Jan 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
surely there is an obvious solution to over priced stuff? either synth it yourself or buy it from the NPC shop...player shops arent the only place you can get stuff from. maybe im missing something....

Thrash777
Jan 9, 2007, 09:19 AM
People need to check which platforms they are referring to before posting, some people are putting forward points across platform, it's quite funny to read!

But anyway, if you think about it, if people are just overpricing their stuff in shops, and it ends up going over the NPC shop prices, just go to the NPC shops for stuff!

Magician
Jan 9, 2007, 11:15 AM
What in the world is kubara wood used to synth at this point?

Palefire
Jan 9, 2007, 11:18 AM
I had been wondering why things like Peparian were priced at 100K...

The player shops can be a crap shoot; while some are priced ridiculously high for the hacker market, there *are* some shops that specifically advertise that they are selling things legitimately and *under* what the NPCs charge. And when you do find a shop that's selling items at reasonable prices, you have to grab it quick specifically because of what -_Tao_- noted: players who will buy those items and then turn around to overprice it.

What I'm probably going to start doing is create "shopping lists" of items that I think I'll need and shop for them over several days until I find a price that looks reasonable.

Magitek_X
Jan 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
Well I've got a shop with underpriced weapons and overpriced kubara wood. The wood is still there, but the weapons have been bought.

Dragonkat
Jan 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
Just checked the player markets myself. Forget kubara. Good luck now finding copernia for anything reasonable. Cheapest was 250k when it was at 5k only a month ago.

The economy is shot to hell and back, at this point only thing is gonna solve it. And that's a meseta wipe. Let people try to sell rays for 5k when no one has any cash again. And if SEGA had half a brain and gm staff it'd be easy to see who is getting to rich to fast again.

I'd gladly trade the 111k I own now if it means reasonable prices for all players. And does something about the bottom feeding scumbags leeching duped money and ruining PSU in the process. They're just as bad if not worse then the hackers. But hey that's human greed for you I guess *sigh*

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2007, 01:37 PM
The corruption in the economy is 99% confined to the high end... 8*'s you can't get in shops and Kubara materials. The low end is anchored on NPC weapon/board/material sales, easy material farming, and accessible synthesis chances. The next shop update should kill overpricing on 8* items and a lot of 9* materials.

I hate to see what's going to happen when all the overpricing is confined to the S rank markets... on the other hand: Protransers can't use rares.

Rizen
Jan 9, 2007, 01:49 PM
Actually, the rares certainly out arent above A rank, so I believe later on when more of the S ranks weapons come out that there will still be rares below S (I hope) or make something that Protransers can use. But yeah, Protransers wont be able to use the higher up rares that are S.

Personally, I don't get involved market lately. I might buy one or two things here or there, but I don't run a shop or anything. I usually farm for meseta and mats doing S ranks and ask a friend to make me a weapon and armors I want. I'm just waiting for the market to crash when the next patch comes out and just buy some really cheap weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Niered
Jan 9, 2007, 02:18 PM
SEGA should just bite the bullet, meseta wipe, fix, and be done with it. The fact that they have let it go on this long is just stupid on there part, any other company would have fixed it months ago when meseta duping first came into play. If any of you want a cheap store where synth items and other assorted weapons (i sell 8* kubara guns for only 300k. pretty damn reasonable) head on over to mine. It was closed because of the room hacks for a couple weeks, but at this point i decided screw it, so its open again.

Sometimes I wonder if PSU's support team just cowers under a blanket, pissing on themselves with fright, hoping that the hacks and exploits will just magically disapear.

Seriously, SEGA ought to fire there whole team in the NA servers, and just hire a new one. They couldnt do worse as is.

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
There are so many people who are so clueless that the economy was generally broken and crap before meseta hacks came out. Now all the stuff I'd never buy in the first place is priced over 9000x NPC instead of just ten times. Bah nobody can stop me from making it myself.

Reiichi
Jan 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
They just need to sell elemental photons and kubara wood at the NPCs. No need for a meseta wipe as that would just drive away a lot of players, and there's no guarantee that they can fix the duping permanently so the problem would just arise again.

As for rare units, those are for the elite users, and they can hunt them themselves. Having cheaper kubara wood and elemental photons helps the casual player.

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2007, 02:37 PM
Elemental photons I agree with.

Kubara wood though? No way. Kubara weapons don't pull ahead of regular 6*'s until really high grinds, no casual gamer's going to be making the huge number of synth attempts to produce weapons at a poor rate to stockpile until they've gone through enough to get one all the way to +10 ... they're a massive sink, all to end up with a bow that does 10 more damage than Hikauri.

Dragonkat
Jan 9, 2007, 05:03 PM
They just need to sell elemental photons and kubara wood at the NPCs. No need for a meseta wipe as that would just drive away a lot of players, and there's no guarantee that they can fix the duping permanently so the problem would just arise again.

Would you rather drive away some now with a meseta wipe that is needed, or drive away everyone in the long term by watching psu wither under these dupes and hacks?

And if the problem does resurface then as I said, it should be a no brainer to see the players who have way too much money way too fast after, and nail their asses to the wall.

If there's a wipe I won't quit. It's worth it because then it means that its a real step to stablize things. And SEGA had enough balls to realize the problem and take a real step to fix it.

If the economy stays like this and becomes even more impossible to do any kind of trading as meseta grows worthless I will quit, because it's not worth putting up with this crap again. Much less trying to keep a store open only to see it bought out and then have my goods overpriced by bottom feeding leechers advertising to hackers, that alone should get them banned in my book.

Anyone who leaves over a wipe needs to get over it, and probably was one of the ones overpricing everything to get the money. To which I say good ****ing riddance.

imfanboy
Jan 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
Dragonkat, you're being shortsighted. The problem with wiping is quite simple:

What if it doesn't fix the hacks?

What if all of a sudden the hackers ARE the only ones with money?

How many players are going to dance in Raffon Field Base just for 100k, let alone 1 million? Or say "(X hacking guild) buttfucks me!" just for a shot at some cash?

Right now, GG is waging a very active war against the two hacking guilds - being as how I passively monitor both, I can say for sure that neither of them are happy with it. One of them has restricted the bypasses to "Anyone with 100 or more posts" which helps reduce the retarded children who have access to it.

The best part about all this, the most deliciously ironic part, is that the good stuff hasn't even come out yet, and no one will sell any of the S-ranks for meseta as long as the duped meseta exists. Basically, for a short-term gain, the dumb cheaters have crippled themselves in the long-term - watch them try to synth S-ranks themselves, or beg futilely for the good units that CAN'T be synthed (whitill wings, anyone?)

Could there be anything more funny?

Eliash
Jan 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
Pesonally I think if/when SEGA fixes the meseta dupe hack, then they could just revert anyone over a certain amount of meseta (that they can be almost certain is not legit) to a set currency, something high but not overly so.

I.E. If you have over 5 million meseta you get reset down to 1million.

Most of the players I see on Xbox servers hardly have 500k and those with over a mil are rare. Highest being 1.5 million that I've seen. Afterwards let the NPC's and synthing take their toll on the economy and bring inflation down. Or if they do not want to touch players who are almost certainly recieving money from hackers they could decrease the chances of successfully grinding and/or synthing a bit allowing for more waste and higher consumption of items.

If SEGA fixes the hacking, eventually on it's own the economy will heal itself. But the first and foremost problem for SEGA is to make sure that the hacking is fixed.

Dragonkat
Jan 9, 2007, 07:09 PM
What if all of a sudden the hackers ARE the only ones with money?

How many times does it have to be said?

One mizu S run is 3800?
One run takes on average 10-15ish minutes?

Now if someone not one week later suddenly has 1 million meseta, more then can possibly be earned through legit means, and Sega gets off their lazy ass (yeah yeah i know probably impossible) and actually checks the money total of players. It's going to be pretty damn obvious who hacked and who didn't. And it will solve the economy problems because there's no way on gods green earth people are going to buy or be able to sell items for inflated prices if they actually have to work for money, and meseta actually becomes worth something once again. With the end result of hopefully getting items synthers need back down to prices where we can afford them.

Which right now you may as well not even bother caring about. Since unless you're a duper or a money leecher you can't afford jack from player stores. 5k to 250k for copernia in a month? Seriously do you WANT things to stay as they are? even if GG blocked every damn dupe there is it doesn't change the fact the money is there. Only a wipe will solve that, and a wipe is what we need to get things back in line.

Call it shortsighted if you want, but ignoring the problem and just hoping it'll go away by the good graces of players and hackers is downright moronic.

Something has to be done because sega is staring at a lose/lose situation as it stands. So they need to bite the bullet and solve it now, rather then wait until it's too late and the economy gets even more screwed then it already is. Not that I honestly think it can.

As for S ranks, $20 says right now knowing human nature that someone will make an S rank. And on the spot put it up for 99mil with a shop ad saying come and get it hackers! Who needs to ever farm for synth mats again when you have 99mil to buy out every shop you see?

And if no one sells S ranks because of the cheaters and above scenario then you don't just screw cheaters. No S rank goods for sales means every player, legit or not, is now forced to try and hunt for the goods to synth their own or beg just as much for things as the cheaters. Which hurts us just as much as it hurts them. Cutting your nose to spite your face is no way to solve the cheater problem at all. More so since all a cheater needs is one S rank mat to make more then enough for him and every friend he has, leaving legit players in the dust. 99 meow mustache and relic edge stacks anyone?

And I don't find it funny, I find it annoying as hell already to try and find the mats for a mere A rank the way things are. I have two rare boards needing 15 copernia apiece, I've seen 15 between me and all my friends in nearly a month of gameplay. And I sure as hell can't afford a 250k pricetag for 1 out of 15 since 111k in meseta is the most I've ever had between synth spending and running a legit player store. So you want to try and find S rank goods with the system as is?

Now that I do find funny.

-_Tao_-
Jan 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
"I hate to see what's going to happen when all the overpricing is confined to the S rank markets... on the other hand: Protransers can't use rares."

All the weapons I use have rare items in them O_o.

Kubara weapons are a protransers best friend...

Katachi
Jan 9, 2007, 10:35 PM
So aside from stabilizing the economy temporarily by reducing the amount of meseta in circulation, what good is a meseta wipe going to do? Sega would need to patch PSU or fix the hacks somehow so that if they wipe this thursday night, everyone's not just right back up to 99999999 by the following thursday (everyone except the legit players, unfortunately). Yeah it sucks that you can't get the same stuff in an NPC shop for less in a player shop now, but other than that, PSU at its core is a game about killing lots of stuff, and getting more stuff to make you kill stuff faster. You can play without player shops, it just takes longer. You can hunt your own mats to synth your own weapons, it just takes more time and money than finding some guy who's selling more for less.

I'll admit, managing a store is incredibly fun in itself, but it's not the core gameplay. I play almost exclusively with friends, so I could care less if everyone else has better weapons/amor, or more money. PSU is still fun, and in the field, you don't see the damaged economy. In fact, I made a good chunk of change selling overpriced items myself. I didn't realize it was because people were using unlimited meseta, I just figured if you're dumb enough to spend 6000 on an item that's 1000 in an NPC shop, you need to get out of your room and check NPC shops more often!

So what did I do with the 2 mil I made? I bought materials from NPC SHOPS to make stuff. Screw the player economy, my money's leaving the game. Unlike a real monetary system, the NPC shop owners aren't going to turn around and spend that money on something else. It leaves the game competely. So I bought the weapons and mats and boards to make some nice things for myself. Then I dumped a good chunk of money into bringing my PM to lvl 100. Once I figured out how to make weapons better, I sold a bunch with a +2 grind to people who actually needed them DIRT CHEAP. Buying items and reselling them for 100x more is just low, but there's always going to be a player with a lvl lower than yours that needs new weapons and could use a break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Otherwise, hang on to your rares, or invest in rares so that when/if sega fixes the problem, you'll still have something of value!

bradsta6508
Jan 9, 2007, 11:16 PM
what were photon drops actually used for in pso?

Niered
Jan 9, 2007, 11:53 PM
They were used to increase the % of a weapon in Gallon's Shop.

As for the actual topic in discussion, yah. I saw this coming too. kubara wood was insanely cheap at first since people had large stockpiles of it from before the major update, and were selling it at low prices due to relatively low demand and high supply. But now that its become such a valuable commodity, its become the biggest money maker there is.

The inability for us legits to buy things from player shops is extremely annoying. It makes synthing items THAT much harder, and is probably my biggest turn off from the game right now. Before this whole meseta business I remember spending hours a day just browsing through player shops checking out what cool stuff was available. Now, thats out of the question, because I choose to sell items for reasonable prices. I sold an Assasic for 300k a week or two ago. i look at another guys shop today and see that hes selling it for 3 million. thats just stupid.