PDA

View Full Version : I swear this remeinds me of RF:Online....

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2007, 12:44 PM
While this can be a bit more peaceful than in RF: Online, PSU is quite similar to that in the fact that it's racest are quite similar in some ways like how they dub newmans are the spritial race, they have another race of space elves(That's what I dub them as I am the Optimus Maximus Rex) the corathat support that religion and are down right ruthless with their ki manipulation(they also can summon), also being decendants of humans modified although in RF Online all of the races are human as the original branch died out.

Next are the Accretia which are the casts and beasts in thier strenghth and accuracy and they have thier owjn gehtto SUV weapons,huge ass guns called launchers.
Last Race are the Bellato although thye may look like beasts thier are the technocrats with their racial ablity to jump into mechs.
The last curious similarity is the Japanese publisher, Sega.
http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/rfonline/images/top.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-01-06 09:45 ]</font>

Gamemako
Jan 6, 2007, 01:26 PM
And that's where the similarities end, since RF is just another L2 clone.

AC9breaker
Jan 6, 2007, 01:27 PM
They're both Sega games. Coincidence?

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2007, 01:28 PM
Tis a wee bt idifferent when you got all them Mau rushes.

ShadowTH1000
Jan 6, 2007, 01:31 PM
RF Online is not a SEGA game.... It's made by Korean developer CCR. It was published by SEGA only in Japan, Codemasters for US/Europe, and Level up games in the Philippines. I played the game (Korean beta, Japanese beta, Taiwanese beta (don't remember who published it), philippine beta, and the US beta). This game is not even close to PSU.

Accreita are my favorite btw http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

etlitch
Jan 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
Elves are frikking elves, they always apply to the stereotype where they're thin, wussies, excel at magic and bows and worshipped something. Female ones were needed in MMORPG marketing strategy- preferably clad in skimpy clothing as there were both loosers(fcking loosers) and camwhores/e-whores/attentionwhores(that got free money/stuff/help from the loosers) that would have a greater chance of purchasing a subscription of that game due to it.

More: They were both overhyped, turned into huge dissapointments and lost a good amount of their playerbase a short while after release. Alot due to lost faith from shitty feedback one you tried to contact admin/GM/whatever.

Elf = overpowered when I played (because of spells)
Toasters = I did'nt notice much difference in melee power compared to their other races, lauchers were'nt much more powerful than any other ranged weapon, but had AoE that was, not very usefull at later levels.
Midgets = Humans, sort of. Weaker than toasters at melee, weaker than elves at magic, they had their "MAU"s (read:mech) that where overpowered at first, but sucked later because they did'nt become better as your character lvled up.(was only a brown one and a black one, the back one somewhat better)

It was pretty much like lineage2; where lvling would involve excessive soloing, kiting solo if you were ranged class. Just that PvP was all about potting - and the game was missing uber melee damage or ranged damage dealers like mercs/stalker or marksman/ranger (disregard elfes, they were wussies) It was also missing lineage2s awesome concept where healing potions actually worked like healing pots, replenishing your over time instead of just *sound* *heal sfx* *hp recovered* making PvP somewhat more interesting. They were both fcked up. Ultima Online, now that's a real game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2007-01-06 10:56 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
OMG and it's an RPG too! So similar!

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-01-06 10:46, etlitch wrote:
More: They were both overhyped, turned into huge dissapointments and lost a good amount of their playerbase a short while after release. Alot due to lost faith from shitty feedback one you tried to contact admin/GM/whatever.

Elf = overpowered when I played (because of spells)
Toasters = I did'nt notice much difference in melee power compared to their other races, lauchers were'nt much more powerful than any other ranged weapon, but had AoE that was, not very usefull at later levels.
Midgets = Humans, sort of. Weaker than toasters at melee, weaker than elves at magic, they had their "MAU"s (read:mech) that where overpowered at first, but sucked later because they did'nt become better as your character lvled up.(was only a brown one and a black one, the back one somewhat better)

It was pretty much like lineage2; where lvling would involve excessive soloing, kiting solo if you were ranged class. Just that PvP was all about potting - and the game was missing uber melee damage or ranged damage dealers like mercs/stalker or marksman/ranger (disregard elfes, they were wussies) It was also missing lineage2s awesome concept where healing potions actually worked like healing pots, replenishing your over time instead of just *sound* *heal sfx* *hp recovered* making PvP somewhat more interesting. They were both fcked up. Ultima Online, now that's a real game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2007-01-06 10:51 ]</font>

Well some of the numbers are back up for RF because they have a good ammount of private servers and they have a good ammount for people.
The Space Elves are still broeken with them magic.

etlitch
Jan 6, 2007, 02:02 PM
Fck I knew I should've choosen space elf instead as initial race instead of toaster ranger. Invisibility + noob 1shot rifle was pretty cool at least.

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
I wonder what the AMV would regard the Cora or the Accretia?

Serephim
Jan 6, 2007, 08:26 PM
Elves are only the way they are because for some reason, their ears make them attractive.

I personally would buy ANY game with Christina Millian in a skimpy outfit any day.

ShinMaruku
Jan 6, 2007, 08:28 PM
I'd buy a game with Tomika Skanes in it just to go EEEEEEEE!

Gamemako
Jan 7, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-01-06 10:46, etlitch wrote:Ultima Online, now that's a real game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2007-01-06 10:56 ]</font>

QFT.