PDA

View Full Version : New Areas in Online Mode

Inspektahdek
Jan 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
After playing the second guardians mission that was released in a recent update, I've started to realize again that there is a good amount of content locked on the disc still that we have not been able to play/fight against or utilize to make new areas etc. I know that slowly we've been receiving these missions on updates that show new areas and enemies but whats stopping sonic team from using these enemies and areas and making full missions that include new enemies for everybody to play?

Here's an example of a new area that I haven't played until the story mission

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/Inspektahdek/areas.jpg

The whole level looks somewhat apparent and related to the "caves" on old PSO and that picture reminds me of the waterfall area and how it stood out on that. Why can't this area in story mode be a whole new online mission for multiplayer??

Also I noticed a creature that looked similar to the wolves on PSO ultimate mode. It even seemed like they had the same animations almost but they did look a bit different. Why can't we have this collaboration of new areas and enemies and make something thats not a single player mission thats boring?

Also, if there are these new things just at the moment with the only 2 missions that have been released with updates, what else is on the disc that we haven't seen and why are they taking forever to release us small increments of content? Is it a ploy to keep us playing? If so atleast give us a little more content with each update. Sonic Team made a big mistake making the release pretty shabby on availability of content and that gave them bad reviews. If they would have released more at the beginning and larger increments to this point, the game would have been acclaimed higher than the low scores it received.

I love the game still however I think there should be more content in the releases and that they should utilize some of the stuff theyre putting in the story mode missions and use them in actual missions where we can play with friends.

What's everybody's opinion on all this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Inspektahdek on 2007-01-06 12:12 ]</font>

ZodiacNKnight
Jan 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Well if you play all 12 chapters you can basically see most of the locked content from online.

There are SEED infection missions where you are going to get two more quest items like the goggles. Those mission require you to find hidden pods and destroy them to take down a barrier that is protecting 1 of 5 objectives.

There are fire levels and ice levels that have not been realised yet.
These missions also come with new music too.

Fire Missions:
Parum Greenlands
Neudaiz Swamp/Forest

Ice Missions:
Neudaiz Forest
Neudaiz Temple
Maotoob Wastelands (Absolute Zero)

Parum Train Mission
2nd Ruins on Parum (Ruined City)

zandra117
Jan 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
The next update will add another online story mission that takes place in the SEED Hive, The update after that will release the 3 areas in online story as standard free missions.

The 3 areas are:
Misuraki C.D after dark, Boss = Zoa Golg, lightning dragon
Galengare Caverns, Boss = Magus Megaana, giant mech tougher than adahna degahna
SEED Hive, Boss = Dulk Farkis, SEED Hive core but not the SEED Leader.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-01-06 12:28 ]</font>

Banert
Jan 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
It is a ploy to keep you playing, bottom line. If they had released the full game on release , including all the weapons we've seen 1-12* ( I'm sure there's more, as right now it seems that there are only rares for one manufacturer ,only GRM has rare handguns, there are no rare Tenora handguns) then people would have already maxed their levels and bought it all with hacked money. Hence they would loose customers. This is stupid though, as I'm sure tons have quit as a result of the lack of content. On release the game should have had all the stuff it had one update ago, that being expert classes and the first story mission.

I think if Sega plans to keep up this game of theirs, they need to be releasing more stuff per update, or make them more frequent (weekly instead of by-weekly, its not like it would be hard to do, they just have to unlock the content not make new stuff).

kitex2
Jan 6, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-01-06 12:24, Banert wrote:
It is a ploy to keep you playing, bottom line. If they had released the full game on release , including all the weapons we've seen 1-12* ( I'm sure there's more, as right now it seems that there are only rares for one manufacturer ,only GRM has rare handguns, there are no rare Tenora handguns) then people would have already maxed their levels and bought it all with hacked money. Hence they would loose customers. This is stupid though, as I'm sure tons have quit as a result of the lack of content. On release the game should have had all the stuff it had one update ago, that being expert classes and the first story mission.

I think if Sega plans to keep up this game of theirs, they need to be releasing more stuff per update, or make them more frequent (weekly instead of by-weekly, its not like it would be hard to do, they just have to unlock the content not make new stuff).

it is weekly now they just took acouple weeks off this time....

Inspektahdek
Jan 6, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-01-06 12:24, Banert wrote:

This is exactly how I feel and I'm glad there are other people who feel as strongly as I do. Also it's nice to hear the 3 story missions (the 3rd being released next week) will be available as free missions in the next after the next update. Thats good shit, we're on the right path, ALBEIT SLOWLY...

Serephim
Jan 6, 2007, 08:20 PM
The fact that they locked content scares me.

That shows that they dont have anything currently ready to add onto the game, or that they simply CANT add anything onto the game.

After everything gets unlocked, if they cant add anything else, this game isnt gonna last NEARLY as long as PSO did.

Parn
Jan 6, 2007, 08:23 PM
"PSO has only four areas? This game won't last nearly as long as Diablo 2."

- Random people back in 2001

DarkAeon
Jan 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-01-06 17:23, Parn wrote:

QFT

Inspektahdek
Jan 8, 2007, 07:47 PM
What is QFT? Oh and I thought I'd bump this

DizzyDi
Jan 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
quoted for truth.
yo dek, my PSU disk stopped reading man. ):

Inspektahdek
Jan 8, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-01-08 17:04, DizzyDi wrote:
quoted for truth.
yo dek, my PSU disk stopped reading man. ):

What do u mean it stopped reading you? On PC it doesn't need to read it after an install. Whoa wait a min, are you on PS2? I always thought u were on PC. I'm gonna be on tonight if you get that shit workin

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-01-06 17:23, Parn wrote:

People rarely konw anything.

Itsuki
Jan 8, 2007, 10:51 PM
Areas on JP PSU not on US PSU:

Colony:
Hive 1
Hive 2

Parum:
Linear Train
Denes Relics

Neudaiz:
Agata Party Mission (Agata Onma, most people just call it "The best mission ever")
Twilight Mizuraki

Moatoo:
Caves
Underground Stream (Sewers)
Caves Party Mission (we call it "Trap cave" because of the abundance of PSO style ground traps, floating traps, and turrets)
Bruce's Mission

Thats 10 total. Plus, I think we're also getting Absolute Zero soon. Or whatever that seed infected mission is called.

EDIT: Also, the one in the picture is the one I referred to as "Underground Streamsewers". It has like 25 grina beat in it. Mostly explody robots, and ends Megahna.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-08 19:52 ]</font>

Inspektahdek
Jan 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-01-08 19:51, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Areas on JP PSU not on US PSU:

Colony:
Hive 1
Hive 2

Parum:
Linear Train
Denes Relics

Neudaiz:
Agata Party Mission (Agata Onma, most people just call it "The best mission ever")
Twilight Mizuraki

Moatoo:
Caves
Underground Stream (Sewers)
Caves Party Mission (we call it "Trap cave" because of the abundance of PSO style ground traps, floating traps, and turrets)
Bruce's Mission

Thats 10 total. Plus, I think we're also getting Absolute Zero soon. Or whatever that seed infected mission is called.

EDIT: Also, the one in the picture is the one I referred to as "Underground Streamsewers". It has like 25 grina beat in it. Mostly explody robots, and ends Megahna.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-08 19:52 ]</font>

Thanks for the awesome info, seriously! My PSU faith has been renewed once again!

nefarious
Jan 9, 2007, 06:35 PM
Currently, PSU, on the NA servers, is like bread, without butter.

PC/PS2 is moldy bread. Yaymesetaduping.

If this is the case, that more content is going to be available eventually, in terms of missions/areas... Then there is hope. At the moment... I'm bored as hell and haven't logged in for weeks now.

nefarious
Jan 9, 2007, 06:43 PM
Oh, and one markup;

Some people I've seen use QFT without a quote, to mean "Quit fucking talking"

Niered
Jan 9, 2007, 06:47 PM
We need linear train so bad. That mission was the only one that was actually fun to play offline, online itt'll be a blast. Although I am intruiged by the Onma Agata Relics mission, or as it was put, "the best mission eve".

Jools
Jan 10, 2007, 07:05 AM
That missions a bit too good, tbh. I with they'd balance the missions a bit better.

-Jools

Omega_Weltall
Jan 10, 2007, 07:17 AM
New areas?! so they'er gonna add a Plains Overlord 2?!

Kyt
Jan 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-01-10 04:05, Jools wrote:
That missions a bit too good, tbh. I with they'd balance the missions a bit better.

-Jools

The Moat rewards are pretty terrible :/ Shame really since the zone is so cool.

SuperRygar
Jan 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
Ok, so for all those who have been online since the beginning, and those who have the time to play 5 hours every single day, i can see your point. In that respect there isnt alot of content. Now, for people like me who started playing months later, and I only get a change to play 5 hours tops maybe 3-4 times a week, im lovin it(no reference to McD's XD). Im only level 35, just hit Wartecher and I have been fairly naive in terms on seeing everything. I am just now starting to play every level. I'm not even half way there yet. So, therefore, I benefit from Sega's slow updates. It gives me time to explore what's there. Also, I havn't opened a shop, so I'm completely oblivious to the whole economy issue. I'm getting the most out of this game, play in moderation my friends. It is key

Edit: Don't forget about the newbies just joining the game! Gives them time to catch up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-01-10 09:48 ]</font>

Itsuki
Jan 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
On 2007-01-09 15:47, Niered wrote:
We need linear train so bad. That mission was the only one that was actually fun to play offline, online itt'll be a blast. Although I am intruiged by the Onma Agata Relics mission, or as it was put, "the best mission eve".

Its Agata like Rainbow Beast, not like relics.

And to explain why people call it "The best mission ever," its a quicker, easier, lower level Onma run that doesn't have any worms, drops photon chargers, scape dolls, something sweet, and elemental photons like it was going out of style, AND to top it off, it gives a 55/5100 reward. Oh, and since its Onma, it still drops Mei/Quick.

Specifics:
- 2 blocks, photon charger at the beginning and end of second block
- requires 2 people to S-rank
- only about 4 Tengoug
- no worms
- level 40+ requirement
- rappies spawn
- 6* youmei rifles and twin sabers drop pretty frequent as well as some misc armor and stuff
- There are several special boxes in the area, that ALWAYS drop something. And that something ends up almost always been a photon charger or an elemental photon.
- Onma is 15 levels lower than normal S-rank onma. (so its between A and S-rank difficulty with S-rank AI)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-10 09:57 ]</font>