PDA

View Full Version : Did you know 7 stars are being sold for 90k at the npc?

Marks
Jan 7, 2007, 03:08 AM
The people who buy 7 stars for 150k+ don't.

mod-edit: grammarcorrection to clarify your subject.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-01-08 18:09 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Jan 7, 2007, 03:11 AM
Yes, I know npc sells 7* for 90k.

(be careful if you are being sarcastic, this thread may become a rant and be moved to that respective forum.)

ezcactus
Jan 7, 2007, 03:11 AM
but but...

i bought all my materials from the npc and failed 12 times. please recoup for my PM's failure

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 7, 2007, 03:12 AM
depends on the element percentage

THE JACKEL

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 7, 2007, 03:17 AM
Set elements for NPC prices except for the guns and wands/rods since they dont have elements.

Most of the melee weaponry sold in npc stores are neutral elements.

ezcactus
Jan 7, 2007, 03:17 AM
On 2007-01-07 00:12, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

This is true, however, ranged weapons and wands don't have this. Yet, finding anyone selling one bellow 90k is like trying to find WMDs.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 7, 2007, 03:31 AM
yeah, they exist, but never where you look

THE JACKEL

ryeenae
Jan 7, 2007, 03:32 AM
On 2007-01-07 00:17, ezcactus wrote:

Finding anyone selling one bellow 90k is like trying to find WMDs.

I disagree, I have seen multiple player shops with seven star weapons for 80-85k, specifically cometaras and kikamis, so they do in fact exist. It may just depend on the weapon you're looking for, if you're looking for less common ranged weapons, for example, player shops are less likely to have them under NPC price.

Reiichi
Jan 7, 2007, 03:35 AM
Heck lots of shops sell 8* elemental weapons for 100k or less

Schubalts
Jan 7, 2007, 03:36 AM
I saw a funny shop yesterday. The guy was trying to sell a Hardline for 500k. It was the exact same Hardline as the NPCs sell. I hate overpriced shops, but that was just hilarious!

DizzyDi
Jan 7, 2007, 03:58 AM
On 2007-01-07 00:36, Schubalts wrote:
I saw a funny shop yesterday. The guy was trying to sell a Hardline for 500k. It was the exact same Hardline as the NPCs sell. I hate overpriced shops, but that was just hilarious!

Some people just don't bother to look up the price of what they're selling.
So they overshoot, which to them is better than undercutting themselves.

Knight_of_MIA
Jan 8, 2007, 08:00 AM
On 2007-01-07 00:12, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

... and on the grinded level

Merumeru
Jan 8, 2007, 09:24 AM
XD eh searching for 7* or 8* elementals for under retail is near impossible and time-consuming...the materials are just not in the economy enough to force people to price them fairly XP

Thrash777
Jan 8, 2007, 10:14 AM
I got an Ank Tomho axe for 50k
I got a Daga Cresa for 10k
I got a Ryo-Creasabra for 20k
I got a Tengoh Bow for 20k and have seen it at 38k
Need I go on?

Knowbodie
Jan 8, 2007, 09:03 PM
Wow those are really good deals. Only good deal ive seen was for a 50% Ice double saber and my friend bought that one in a heartbeat.

EDIT: The saber was 80k

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knowbodie on 2007-01-08 18:03 ]</font>

medusae
Jan 8, 2007, 09:11 PM
I've sold a Cometara for 75k before.

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 09:46 PM
well the Crea weapons arnt even really "A" rank weapons, there terrible [cept the hitting more ppl thinggy]

i found all my elemented 7*'s for 65k or less [before i re-sold them all, including the character lol]

Misaki - light - 70k [only high one]
Shintsuki-zashi (i think thats wat the 7* is called) - fire - 40k
Mugrungri - fire - 55k
Gruda Breba - ice - 58k
double saber - ice - 50k [later traded sumone for there dark one]

then i realized being a hunter is too picky

Mattardo
Jan 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
I think these high prices are because of the recent run on duping mesata. I suppose the sellers assume that someone with duped mesata won't mind paying these high prices, and maybe they'll get lucky and have a duper customer. I think it's laughable to sell something above NPC price, even if it has elements. 50% element, ok, I can see that. But other elements? You figure, you could buy one 7 star for 90000, or 4 with different elements at inflated prices and end up spending 600000 mesata. OR MORE! It's the same with Omega Acids in player shops. When you need 2 to make 1 scape doll (5000 NPC), where do people get off selling them for 10000? Do they really think someone's going to spend 20000 and make an expensive scape doll? The best thing you can do is simply not buy these weapons at expensive prices. In time, the prices will come down.

_Deliverance_
Jan 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
While I do agree with you, Mattardo, you cannot compare the output of a neutral weapon vs. an elemental weapon. If using a weapon aligned with the correct element, the damage gain is substantial.

The prices should relate to the sliding scale of rarity. I'm not talking *'s here, but rather a more complex description on rarity. You have to look at the elemental properties. Does the item sell from NPC as neutral, or elemental? You also have to look at the grind level. Are you comfortable with grinding it yourself, or are you antsy about grinding that Alteric to 5 and are willing to shell out a few hundred K for one that already has it done?

Armors should be thought of in the same manor (minus the grinding part, obviously). Right now, there are a few pieces that are selling at astronomical prices, because they cannot currently be found/bought outside of playershops. I'd say that if an elemental armor is already stocked at NPC, buy it from NPC. The costs of making armor, outweigh the cost of buying from NPC. So before you call some player a "price hiking douche", take into consideration the cost of materials.

Of course, once you go beyond all those considerations to find prices way beyond that....well, I get pretty annoyed at the over pricing. I'll stop now, because it's a BIG rant when it comes to that subject.

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
I understand. I've seen plenty of Ranger weapons being sold higher than the actual NPC selling price. Thank goodness for this site and PSUpedia, as a quick reference for NPC prices.

PMB960
Jan 9, 2007, 12:38 PM
Most people I see are seliing them on slightly under NPC. I usually see Granarods going for 80K. That I can kind of understand since I don't even always see someone selling them and if people are it is usually only 1 or 2. As these weapons become more comon (As in I start selling 7* weapons for 45K) other people will have to lower their prices. I hope ST adds A Grinder boards Friday because then you can say goodbye to all that duped meseta.