PDA

View Full Version : Game running slowly for anyone else?

NinjaSalad
Jan 7, 2007, 04:41 AM
So, I come home today, fire up PSU, and suddenly discover that the game is running like shit, droppin from 31 FPS to 5.

So, anyone else got this going on? Or have I got spyware or some other shit?

--
Mod edit: fix title
Let's not make it sounds a rant, yet

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-01-07 09:26 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jan 7, 2007, 04:54 AM
Dunno, I just get lags and d/c from time to time, but never runs badly, I put it to low res and small window just to be sure it always works at max.

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 7, 2007, 05:12 AM
are you using norton by any chance?

Pengfishh
Jan 7, 2007, 05:16 AM
I've noticed a boost in terribleness since last week. Even small parties chug awful.

NinjaSalad
Jan 7, 2007, 05:22 AM
Trend Micro internet security, : i suspect some foul virus or somesort, I'm gonna run some scans now.

Pengfishh
Jan 7, 2007, 05:24 AM
Well, PS2 is USUALLY always bad, but it's been PARTICULARLY bad lately.

Yuicihi
Jan 7, 2007, 05:39 AM
I lagged today for the first time... Granted, I had a full party, and techs went flying everywhere...
Then I went to play R6:V.

foamcup
Jan 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
No problems here, rock-solid 30 FPS at all times. I did forget to shut off my anti-virus software the other day, though, so it slowed down like mad when it went to do the auto-update. Sega needs to take this money I am giving them and optimize the goddamn code for PC, since we all know it's not going into updates.

Sakura123
Jan 7, 2007, 11:51 AM
60fps here always except in some rare ocassions like a few seconds fps drop in an intense battle in neudiaz.

Thrash777
Jan 7, 2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I'm on 360, and all of yesterday and today it has been really sluggish in the menus and storage...

PMB960
Jan 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
I didn't have any slowdown problems but last night the server was lagging and kept booting me. I t said it was under going maintenence at 12pm (it is 2 am usually here). It was really bad server lag. I couldn't even damage enemies and chat bubbles took forever to form. Moving to Uni 2 fixed it though.

XCOPY
Jan 7, 2007, 02:28 PM
On Parum, it's slow motion and bullet time ALL the time...especially if you're playing with other people. This is just pitiful, really...and to think we actually pay a monthly bill for this apparently poorly coded/optimized mess. Eh, the game still manages to be fun though overall...and I'm addicted to it anyway, so....there ya go.

Gulkeeva
Jan 7, 2007, 03:54 PM
nope no lag.. runs perfectly fine even with massive mobs of people spamming chat/face emotes.