PDA

View Full Version : K at last I'm done with PSO. Now I'm coming onto PSU/PS2 and

Turbobrain
Jan 7, 2007, 01:42 PM
Just got back from the store.

My purchases.

1 Slimline silver PS2
1 USB keyboard
1 PSU game

Well, I guess I'm done on PSO. Will miss it but... My partner got PSU when it came out, went online a few days back. I had a go and admit I loved it. I have a PC but decided to bty a PS2(just for this game but the free netplay thing appeals I love Baulders Gate!) even though I had some trouble getting the controls as I am so used to XBox PSO.

Tonight is my first solo adventure into the Gutheral system. From what I've seen ppl are pretty cool, especially with noobs. Course my friend is now a lvl20 force so can help me level up:)

I bought a keyboard as the worst thing for my friend was using the ABC keyboard. I'm not to familiar with PS2 or controls, I just bought the keyboard so I can chat quick(er). Er that is when I work out how to do the keys.

I know I have 4 characters but I am wondering what one, on PSO my top one was a hunter. I am thinking of another hunter but.... they seem for like ppl that are not to familiar with the PS thing. I would like a force but the ppl I played with on PSO are all forces, I know there are subtypes after lvl10(?).

If anyone can recommend the most fun character I'd be greatfull. I like Humars coz I love melea fighting but also the ability to cast spells.

Oh.... one more thing. After watching my friend on PSU for 2 days I have noticed there is no jellen, zalure, shifta or deband. On the story mode these are easy to buy. I am thinking that Sonic Team will maybe release these spells later or on a special event.

Thanks for reading this post. I am going on shortly now I set up my account, the PS2 and so on. I just wonder if I should have got the PC version of PSU as many ppl seem to be playing that.... I just prefer keeping my games on consoles.... hehe except for GW's but I got bored of that.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we're going to see PSU clans, I know Teamo_o was big on PSU.

Anyhoo, I will be on later. I will be the low level ??? my charcter name will be WuTang.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-01-07 10:48 ]</font>

Zalana
Jan 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
The most fun character is any that you choose. Those technics will get released later this week. There's many combinations of characters to choose from so have at it and have fun.

Eliash
Jan 7, 2007, 01:55 PM
You might be better off playing the PC instead of the PS2 due to bad lag from the PS2 (assuming your PC is decent). The bad thing about PS2/PC servers is they are already suffering from some hacking, so a Xbox 360 version may be more beneficial.

Since you already got your PS2 and a copy of the game, you still have the choice of playing on the PC if you download the game online. You pretty much only have to pay for an active account AFAIK, and the PC and PS2 can both use the same account also I think. If you decide to play on the computer and like the feel of the Xbox controls instead of a keyboard, you always have the option of using a Xbox 360 control for your computer as well.

On the brighter side, it seems that SEGA is updating Game Guard (GG) which will protect PSU from hacks better, although I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have in the long run.

Good luck, and as for your class, I would have to look up the exepert classes, but I think a Wartecher would be suitable for you.

Turbobrain
Jan 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks. A REAL stupid question but will unters be able to use Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure? On PSO the male could only use jellen and zalure while the female character could use shifta deband. Also the female could use spells upto lvl20 whilst the male could only use spells upto 15. Though after 100 on PSO your TP exceeded your HP!

Hunters were defiently more fun for me.

I did like forces though. I used a power force, lveled up my mag for weps, used lots of power materails which made him good with weps but he could still use lvl30 spells.

Also I hear that your PM can be levelled up, change appearnce like a mag and so on(wonder if you get mag cells?). After a certain level the PM can help you on missions though I've never seen anyone with their PM with them... yet!

Just about to pick my type. Weeeel theres four types if I don't get along with the one I choose!

Eliash
Jan 7, 2007, 02:01 PM
Nope. You need to be able to equip wands and rods in order to cast ANY tech. You can look at the classes here.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Types

Yes you can level up your PM like mags, and you may have seen them but not recognize them. They look like small female casts seen here.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery