PDA

View Full Version : Photons for sale by NPC?

KRKcl17
Jan 7, 2007, 01:50 PM
I've been hearing rumors and whatnot about elemental photons being for sale at NPC shops come the next update. Any truth to this?

hypersaxon
Jan 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
If so, say goodbye to overpriced Ray-Photons.

KRKcl17
Jan 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
That was my thought, but, if it's not true... Hello inflation.

Zato-2TWO
Jan 7, 2007, 01:54 PM
I've been well acquainted with inflation for maybe a week now. He's a rather charming fellow, if not a bit obnoxious.

Sekani
Jan 7, 2007, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't mind being able to sell ray photons for 5k. I have them priced in my (360) shop for 80 meseta and they just sit there.

Haven't heard anything about them being sold by NPCs though.

Arislan
Jan 7, 2007, 02:11 PM
Well, they aren't available in the JP version, so I'd venture to say that this is a bunk rumor.

Domon
Jan 7, 2007, 02:12 PM
I'm always a nice user to players, all my elemental photons are priced at 100 a pop. Everyone who pops in to buy them always thanks me lol.

PMB960
Jan 7, 2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah I charge 50 for all my photons. I think less people are buying the overpriced photons since I see less people charging that much.

Arislan
Jan 7, 2007, 02:30 PM
I just end up not buying much from shops, and never revisiting them as a result. "Vestaline for NPC price? Bye bye!" "Kerseline for 3900 instead of 4000? Never coming back here!"

Wish we could blacklist by shop and have them not populate the shop search...

Tengoku
Jan 7, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-01-07 11:30, Arislan wrote:
I just end up not buying much from shops, and never revisiting them as a result. "Vestaline for NPC price? Bye bye!" "Kerseline for 3900 instead of 4000? Never coming back here!"

Wish we could blacklist by shop and have them not populate the shop search...

Now I remember where I get my shopping habits from. You taught me well, sensei.

Still, you just need to run LL "C" a few times for all your photon needs. I don't see why an NPC shop is needed, unless I've been using the crappy photons all along. I wonder, but my 26% ice doublesaber says otherwise.

My Benchmark for PC shops? Simple: Copernia for 100k = Never. Evar. Coming. Back. Again.

Pentence
Jan 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
I was doing 300 a photon since they are 3* mats.

medusae
Jan 7, 2007, 05:02 PM
Crap, Kerseline is an NPC item? That means my npc price spreadsheet is outdated >_< I just lowered the price on mine to 3k, probably will lower it more if it doesn't move at that.

I personally charge 200 a photon, because I think that they are worth a little more than non-elemental photons.. the demand is greater and they're harder to find. However, I have lowered the price to 100-150 for people that have had their pm bombed, are having trouble finding enough, are buying a large number, are friendly enough, etc. etc. None of my customers have ever complained about it, and 200 is a LOT better than I've seen them listed many times, so I think it's fair.