PDA

View Full Version : Elemental percentages when synthing armors...completely rand

JC10001
Jan 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
And if luck does play a role, is it the luck of your character or the luck of the PM (female Cast)?

I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything I can do to improve my odds of getting a high percentage.

I did a search but I wasn't able to find a topic that answered this question directly. I know it has probably been asked before so forgive me for asking again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-01-07 11:46 ]</font>

grounddragon
Jan 7, 2007, 02:49 PM
From my understanding, it is random. I don't think it is associated with luck, but I could be wrong.

MayLee
Jan 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
I heard that luck plays a role in elemental percentages

Arislan
Jan 7, 2007, 02:56 PM
Luck does not affect synthing in any way, shape or form, unless you mean your own personal, real life luck. The in-game luck affects grinding chances and drop rates of the leader of a group.

chaostroop
Jan 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
no luck helps the item your makeing work more but im not shoure about elemental %s

DarkAeon
Jan 7, 2007, 06:16 PM
Chaostroop, i have a message for you, WTF?

MayLee
Jan 7, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-01-07 15:09, chaostroop wrote:
no luck helps the item your makeing work more but im not shoure about elemental %s

No, you got that backwards.

BloodDragoon
Jan 7, 2007, 11:12 PM
My experience luck has not effect on synthing at all...

Or drop rates...

Or grinding...

Luck is just data code to give nice sparkley things by your names every now and then and make you think you're lucky...

Just like Treasure Hunter in FFXI is just letters added to a trait list to make THF's feel better about themselves... >.>

Jozon
Jan 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
in after FFXI reference

Sekani
Jan 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
Luck definitely doesn't help with grinding. Had 3* yesterday and broke four weapons.

foamcup
Jan 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-01-07 11:56, Arislan wrote:
Luck does not affect synthing in any way, shape or form, unless you mean your own personal, real life luck. The in-game luck affects grinding chances and drop rates of the leader of a group.

QFT

Rashiid
Jan 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
hope this helps;

Luck in missions: only works in partys when its the person that STARTS the party

i hate when stupid ppl say "give him leader, he has luck"

that does 100% NOTHING but give him/her the right to boot ppl

having a party with everyone that has 3* doesnt matter, its only the person who started it's luck

Luck with Synths: it increses ur percent like by 2
no major, but does effect [except for figures, that percent is fixed]

Luck with grinding: well obviously ppl knoe this, it increses its chance

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 12:17 AM
On 2007-01-07 20:25, Sekani wrote:
Luck definitely doesn't help with grinding. Had 3* yesterday and broke four weapons.

only four? I broke like 20 no element tenora twin daggers 9* (can't remember name), but got one to 10, so it was worth it... stronger than 9* being released

luck doesn't really seem to effect anything, at all

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-01-07 21:18 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 12:19 AM
do u mean grinded 9 tymes? or u had a nine* weapon grinded and broke and done that 20 tymes <--(cauz if so ur rich! lol)

BloodDragoon
Jan 8, 2007, 12:26 AM
Probably typo and meant 6*. A rank grinders aren't in game yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 12:28 AM
idk mybe she had the PJ version

StratixEVO
Jan 13, 2007, 04:03 PM
I know PSUPedia's word isn't law or anything, but...

"Photon Fortune only affects Weapon Grinding, and odds for Monsters and Boxes to drop Items (in parties only the Luck of the leader is used). Partner Machineries have the same Luck as female Cast characters, but this isn't of any use."

From: http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Photon_Fortune

Arislan
Jan 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
That is the wording out of the PSU Perfect Bible Stratix. I know everyone has their own pet theories that luck affects other stuff as well, but it's not written. You can think that it does something all you want, but what luck actually *does* has been stated.

That's not to say that the mechanics can't change in the future, but for now, luck does those two things.

Edman
Jan 13, 2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah luck has nothing to do with synthesis. At all.

And if you don't think luck affects grinding, go try and grind a B rank with 0 luck the first time. with a +1 it will say "very high chance" but when you come back with 3* and try a +1 on the first grind, it will be guaranteed.