PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Why oh why??!!??

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 7, 2007, 03:25 PM
One of the crappiest things ever about PSU is not the censors, not the PMs being ugly lollibots, The worst thing is NOT BEING ABLE TO SEARCH SHOPS BY PRICE!
It is so annoying, I have to search through almost every single shop selling a particular item, write down the shop name and low prices of the shop and then I have to go back to the shop with the best price. You usually have to go through 30 or 40 shops! So annoying...
And even still, people are so stupid and price their shit way to high, the second worst thing, idiots inflating prices.
kerseline for 4k, my ass, try 1k - 1.5k
Put your items in your shop for the right prices!

MayLee
Jan 7, 2007, 03:31 PM
The PMs are cute to me.

I just don't like the 410 because it's overly used.

JC10001
Jan 7, 2007, 03:31 PM
This is an annoyance for me too. I agree that it should be sorted by lowest price. If it was changed the buyers wouldn't have to spend tons of time shopping for the best price and the sellers with the lowest prices would be guaranteed business (whereas the way it is now, if your shop is too old it may not even show up in the list of shops).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-01-07 12:31 ]</font>

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 7, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-01-07 12:31, MayLee wrote:
The PMs are cute to me.

I just don't like the 410 because it's overly used.

Male PM's with suits > than lollibots.
The only PM i like so far is the green/irish one, so cute XD

And yes, I agree... If you could sort the shops by price then the people with lowest price would get all the business therefore everyone would start selling their stuff for way cheaper, and that causes de-flation =] and Deflation = <3

chaostroop
Jan 7, 2007, 03:36 PM
i like the magic one i like how it says "suffer!" mwhahahahahaha

Spacepest
Jan 7, 2007, 03:50 PM
Dear gawd, I can agree with all your complaints. I hate having to search player shops for more common items for synthing, to find them crazily priced when i can buy most of them in the NPC store for less. I can see people pricing really rare items high, but some of the synth items that are common drops???? WTF?

And I don't like how most of the PMs look either. I think the GH 410 and 430 are just plain ugly, and the 420 is so-so. The GH440 at least looks stylish and doesn't constantly spam stupid sounding chat, and at least the GH450 says funny things. (I can't wait for my GH450 to be finished, I too want to have a little PM that says "suffer!" and "burn!" to enemies as she sets them on fire. Until then I'm just "playin' dirty" with a GH440).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-01-07 12:51 ]</font>

MayLee
Jan 7, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-01-07 12:36, chaostroop wrote:
i like the magic one i like how it says "suffer!" mwhahahahahaha

Yeah, the 450 is great. Sadly..It's hard to get one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Schubalts
Jan 7, 2007, 06:47 PM
One thing, Kerseline is 4k at the NPCs. Just thought I'd say that.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 7, 2007, 09:52 PM
This is done of purpose to prevent price wars taking the profit out of reselling. If everybody undercut to appear on top, people would be making rant threads about how their inability to gruind as much was making the game unprofitable and pointless for them. As those with losts of money from doing countless runs would devalue the cost of things just to shift it quickly. The rotation that prevents your shop from appearing is also quite intentional. It gives everyone a chance to sell common stuff that would otherwise be flooded and worthless. Would you like it if your shop ALWAYS appeared near the bottom of a list? No, instead it's just sometimes not there and sometimes on top. The system works, it just makes it easier for sellers than buyers. Solution: Become a seller. We can all be sellers as well as buyers, and believe it or not the shop rotation helps us.

EphekZ
Jan 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-01-07 18:52, -Shimarisu- wrote:
This is done of purpose to prevent price wars taking the profit out of reselling. If everybody undercut to appear on top, people would be making rant threads about how their inability to gruind as much was making the game unprofitable and pointless for them. As those with losts of money from doing countless runs would devalue the cost of things just to shift it quickly. The rotation that prevents your shop from appearing is also quite intentional. It gives everyone a chance to sell common stuff that would otherwise be flooded and worthless. Would you like it if your shop ALWAYS appeared near the bottom of a list? No, instead it's just sometimes not there and sometimes on top. The system works, it just makes it easier for sellers than buyers. Solution: Become a seller. We can all be sellers as well as buyers, and believe it or not the shop rotation helps us.

QFT

only complaint I have is that they should have an option like :search for all terms related or search for these exact terms. or somethign of the sort.
Seaching for armors is SO annoying. everything is a board

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2007, 04:47 AM
If everybody undercut to appear on top, people would be making rant threads about how their inability to gruind as much was making the game unprofitable and pointless for them.

Uh... it wouldn't necessarily go like that. After all, FFXI's Auction House listed prices items were sold at - and with the advent of Gil Sellers and a flooded economy, prices only went up and up - not down. We don't have Meseta sellers in PSU - but we do have Meseta dupers, which in the end results in the same effect. An economy flooded with Meseta causing prices to rise as everyone who can't dupe their own meseta (or refuse to buy their gil in FFXI's case) grabs for a piece of the pie.

If there weren't artifical means of injecting money into the economy, you would have a point. For example, I used to make a ton of Gil early on in FFXI by mining the hell out of the local mines of Bastok and checking the Auction House for the prices they were selling at. I would then sit on the steps to the AH and advertise my prices and sell on the spot. In this way, I kept price wars to a minimum while severely undercutting the Auction House prices. As long as they stayed high, I could sell an entire inventory worth of ore in under 5 minuites and have it unrecorded for people to compete against.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
There was never supposed to be artificial means of injecting money.

This was done on purpose.

It works... on JP and 360 servers.

Alielle
Jan 9, 2007, 01:16 PM
The shop interface, quite simply, is obtuse and an absolute pain in the ass. Considering how amazingly thought-out the UI is in general, I find it hard to believe that the shop system even has a "design" that isn't accidental or random out of pure coding laziness.

Ryna
Jan 9, 2007, 01:34 PM
On 2007-01-09 10:16, Alielle wrote:
The shop interface, quite simply, is obtuse and an absolute pain in the ass. Considering how amazingly thought-out the UI is in general, I find it hard to believe that the shop system even has a "design" that isn't accidental or random out of pure coding laziness.

Based on old news reports (http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1454), I'm lead to believe that player shop concept was a late addition to the game. There was some doubt as to whether they could be included efficiently in the game with the extra server-strain that would be generated by the feature. It would be reasonable to speculate that certain feature such as "price searching" were removed to make the player shop concept manageable.

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2007, 08:39 PM
There was never supposed to be artificial means of injecting money.

The way it's supposed to work doesn't mean crap compaired to how it actually does work in the real world. The US/EU PC and PS2 servers DO have a massive influx of artifically inserted Meseta, and the 360 servers eventually WILL have the same problem. If not for cheating, then you would still have Meseta Sellers enter the picture at some point in time. FFXI's bloated economy wasn't due to cheating, after all - and it's much harder to obtain Gil in that game than it is to get Meseta on PSU. (Though it's still a pain in the ass enough for people to be willing to buy Meseta)

Maybe it works for Japan, but guess what... this board isn't oriented at the Japanese fanbase, and the vast majority of people here do not play the import version on the JP servers. Your point is moot.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 10, 2007, 03:06 AM
It still doesn't change the fact that it was done on purpose, and some of us like how it works.

Especially the whole rotation system that gives everybody a look in and a chance to sell, instead of being lost in hundreds of listed shops.

Reiichi
Jan 10, 2007, 01:28 PM
And when the majority of shops post their items at retarded prices or 'storage' values of 999999999 or perhaps just to show up in the market list, you have possibly NO good shops available at times. It does not take a messed up economy to have people be retarded about what they price their vestaline at.

Searching for items now basically consists of memorizing all the crappy shops and hitting up the few new shops that pop up every few minutes if any. Lots of people would rather just hit up the NPC rather than deal with the list of shops that shows up. The list doesn't rotate that quickly either. A retarded system at best.

Heck, some items I don't even bother searching for. Instead, I search for less common items that will bring up other stores that MIGHT carry the item I need. Since searching for item A has 30 crap results maybe searching for item B will yield shops that also carry A, which don't currently show up in the list.