PDA

View Full Version : Seabed "S runs" is the best place for exp.

Ryno
Jan 7, 2007, 05:36 PM
( creatures lv. 65 )

In the seabed S runs you get alot of exp.. especially with the dogs..

and big creatures like Poravohlla

and it needs to be the right map with the right creatures

and of course need to bring at least 2 to 3 scape dolls..

at the end the you get 4800 meseta! and of course mission points and PA frags...

i tried inviting some of my psu friends.. but they said.. come to neudaiz... i said..( oh.. )

kitex2
Jan 7, 2007, 06:32 PM
they also have death lazer mobs the dogs that do crazy damage and crazy high dodge rate and the last block is literaly hell....

EphekZ
Jan 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-01-07 15:32, kitex2 wrote:
they also have death lazer mobs the dogs that do crazy damage and crazy high dodge rate and the last block is literaly hell....

death lazer mobs?

dogs are easy lol

last bock isnt hell is very fun actually. if you're playing with people that know what they're doing.

to OP it's lab recovery, :3

Zato-2TWO
Jan 7, 2007, 07:25 PM
If people would just learn how to DODGE properly you could save lots of money on Scapes.

Also, how much MP does Lab S give out? I'd very much like to try my hand at it once I hit 40.

Hotashi
Jan 7, 2007, 07:31 PM
43 MP per S rank.

And it can be done in 10 minutes.

Dymalos
Jan 7, 2007, 07:41 PM
I duo this mission with my friend and we average 36 minutes which for 43 mission points makes it possibly the best mission point to time invested ratio for any mission we could duo. In case you're wondering I run a 60 Guntecher 5 and he is a 60 Fortegunner 5. Averaging 5 or 6 rares each run, the loot is absolutely fantastic when it is only split two ways.

Nani-chan
Jan 7, 2007, 08:31 PM
Needs more bees, lawlz

Phetty
Jan 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
I wish I could play that mission more. But as a beast the bees just laugh at me when I try hitting them.

Dymalos
Jan 7, 2007, 09:11 PM
There is an excellent guide written over in the other forum on how to get the missions which have no bees at all. It is actually very easy to do and doesn't take much time to set up in between runs. In my opinion, It's really the only way that this mission is worth doing.

BLACKR0SE
Jan 7, 2007, 10:41 PM
I dont know why most people havent figured this out yet.

EphekZ
Jan 7, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-01-07 18:11, Dymalos wrote:
There is an excellent guide written over in the other forum on how to get the missions which have no bees at all. It is actually very easy to do and doesn't take much time to set up in between runs. In my opinion, It's really the only way that this mission is worth doing.

restarting over and over again till you get the good run, seems like an annoyance and time consuming but once you get the run, it'll be alot faster than if you just went with a bug run.

BloodDragoon
Jan 7, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-01-07 19:41, BLACKR0SE wrote:
I dont know why most people havent figured this out yet.

Simple. It doesn't work very often with random parties so the only real people that can benefit from it regularly are those that play with the same 5-6 people every day... >.>

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 8, 2007, 12:23 AM
"from behind" learn it, live it, love it as a hunter, esp a beast hunter.

I have yet to try this mission but since I have taken a few weeks off, I need to play catch up with my job lvls so may give it a shot.

but I think I will prefer Onma S still as its great CXP and has the ubor lootz

Kinako78
Jan 8, 2007, 01:14 AM
There's a Seabed in PSU? Sweet!

EJ
Jan 8, 2007, 01:21 AM
I always try to gather a team up for lab S runs since it can be done so fast but many still prefer neudaiz but Lab S can be done between 10-25mins depending on team and lvl of the people.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 8, 2007, 01:50 AM
My Diga loves bees. :3

Kinako78
Jan 8, 2007, 01:51 AM
*laughs* The Diga spells are probably my favorite attack spells. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Remedy
Jan 8, 2007, 04:27 AM
Gidiga + mass bees = hilarity and DPS

Kinako78
Jan 8, 2007, 04:28 AM
DPS?

ViciousXUSMC
Jan 8, 2007, 08:01 AM
damage per second.

or more simply damage over time. 1 hit at 5000 dmg every 5 seconds is no stronger than a hit for 1000 dmg every second. Thus why the term "dps" was formed since its a way more accurate way to determin damage done by an attack.

Merumeru
Jan 8, 2007, 08:51 AM
XD o how sweet it is to get all that EXP, MP and Meseta...at the cost of playing megid dodgeball, map cycling and getting mauled by volfus :3

Gen2000
Jan 8, 2007, 09:34 AM
It used to be the fastest way to get MPs until the majority of people act like they couldn't play with ANY Bees at all.

I know the all bee map is tedious and annoying, but the Bees only on B2 type map isn't bad, in most of my parties I was still getting 15-18 min times on those type of maps even even without FOs (HUs spamming Twin Daggers gets similiar results, RAs has the whole Burn SE4 + Twin/Shotgun/Xbow DPS combo) and all that time shifting through maps just to get the perfect all Volfus/lizard dog map actually wastes more time than it would to do one Mizu S run and kind of defeating the point of spamming it compared to other missions.

Yeah you may have got 15min on Trial Time but how long did it take to actually start the mission y'know?

Merumeru
Jan 8, 2007, 09:40 AM
XD hee, i remember me and a party were around a 16th try at attempting to get a no-bee map, but eh, i really think its just a matter of luck; if restarting a map a few times will make for a more EXPcentric (OMG that 10+ Volfus spawn on the Greatest Map <3) and help to reach the goal rapidly in most cases, heh, count me in XP hell, i dont even mind sometimes if there are cool people outside to talk to while the leader cycles maps :3

Gen2000
Jan 8, 2007, 09:42 AM
I remember that, I was in your party. We took bets on seeing if it would make it to 20 rounds or not.

Hotashi
Jan 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
MERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUMERUME RUMERU

Ryno
Jan 8, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-01-07 22:14, Kinako78 wrote:
There's a Seabed in PSU? Sweet!

Yes. in Parum..

but you 1st have to go through Bosses "De Ragan" and "Gol Dolba"...

unless you have a PSU friend who loves to level at Seabed everyday and hardly goes to their room and planets...=p

Ryno
Jan 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
On 2007-01-07 19:43, darkgunner wrote:

restarting over and over again till you get the good run, seems like an annoyance and time consuming but once you get the run, it'll be alot faster than if you just went with a bug run.

Yes. i kept doing that over and over... people left my party because it was annoying ..lol..

Kinako78
Jan 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
heh, well, we'll see what happens when I get to play online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Golto
Jan 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
If you are going to grind this mission I suggest you get some armor with lightning element. It makes a world of difference against volfus. 50% lightning plus Mega Rainbow reduces melee damage from 300+ to ~100 non criticals. Saves my force tons of scapes each day.

Wheatpenny
Jan 8, 2007, 11:13 AM
Woo doo doo doo,When Bruce's Dungeon comes out, you won't be going to the lab with your crew. Runnin them B ranks in sets more than 2 more mission points for less work for you.

Merumeru
Jan 8, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-01-08 06:58, Hotashi wrote:

XD omg hi Alt+Shift+Q

On 2007-01-08 08:05, Golto wrote:
If you are going to grind this mission I suggest you get some armor with lightning element. It makes a world of difference against volfus. 50% lightning plus Mega Rainbow reduces melee damage from 300+ to ~100 non criticals. Saves my force tons of scapes each day.

XP ohhh i thought lightning armor only bore resistance against zonde >3 bwahaha, yay, now definently bring on the bloodthirsty Volfus, as long as theres no tiny scary Mizuras involved ;-;

Zato-2TWO
Jan 8, 2007, 12:34 PM
I ran Lab S last night (only got A rank because we missed some enemies =O), and I have this to say:

Mizuras catch on fire really easily

I was level 40, Protranser 1, I only have a Shigga Bigul with Barada Banga at lvl 14, my ATA couldn't have been any higher than 90, and with a point blank shot from behind, 3/4 shots will set them on fire. It saves a ton of money on Virus/Poison/Fire traps, and it's guaranteed damage. Granted, it's rather tedious to just burn Mizuras to death, but it's better than watching 0's fly.

Also, does anyone know how to dodge the Mizura's purple flying charge once it's targeted you? Those little buggers lock on REALLY well...

Kupi
Jan 8, 2007, 07:23 PM
On dodging the charge: The most effective method I've found is run toward them and to the side. They lock on well, but in many cases you can beat their turning radius and force them to sail on past.

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 07:30 PM
this stage is bad for forces tho.....

we cast a spell, megid comes fyling at us, we're still casting. boom. headshot, im down lol.

plus 27% light armor, bwahaha, no point wasting scape dolls

dont need PA frags, so yeah yall have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

Ryno
Jan 8, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-01-08 16:30, Rashiid wrote:
this stage is bad for forces tho.....

we cast a spell, megid comes fyling at us, we're still casting. boom. headshot, im down lol.

plus 27% light armor, bwahaha, no point wasting scape dolls

dont need PA frags, so yeah yall have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

i'm a force..

i really dont cast spells on them if i'm with a party .. i at least get a hit on them with a B rank pistol so i can at least have some exp... and the rest of players like the beast, human, and cast do the work while i keep doing resta and reverser.

the only time i cast spells like "Gidiga".. is when i'm around a huge group of creatures like "Badira"

so mostly i'm like the healer in the party thats why we mostly stay alive.

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 08:23 PM
^ but theres more to being a force then a 'healer'

i have spells to lvl just like they have PAs to boost

hunters just dont understand, ill try to whip out my healing rod, but if they die, not my fault/problem, see if i care if we get an A-B rank in a mission

pisses me off when ppl say "its our job to heal"

HA!

wasnt in my job description. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EphekZ
Jan 8, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-01-08 17:23, Rashiid wrote:

hunters just dont understand, ill try to whip out my healing rod, but if they die, not my fault/problem, see if i care if we get an A-B rank in a mission

HA!

wasnt in my job description. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I agree, if the FO atleast trys to heal, it's not the FO's job. blaming FO for death is nub.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 8, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hmm, I donno i've thought and believed that for the longest time, however if you're playing in a team shouldn't you do your part (when you can, if you can) to make things easier for everyone? If you can heal, you should heal. no you don't have to be a heal-bot, but give everyone a break.

I mean how would you like if you were a FO faced with high level Tech resistant mobs closing in on you. All of a sudden you noticed in the far end of the room you see your HUs.

You die. because you got interupted from being Casting.

Yes, i'm sure you would care if you were just left for dead.

HUs say "It's not my problem if you couldn't heal, or help yourself. It's not my job to protect you and keep the mob away from you if i can."

I donno i'm not affirming. "Work as team" If you can heal and attack, heal attack, don't hold back, we're working toward the same goal anyway. Care about the mission, even if you really don't care and you just want Exp be considerate that others in the mission really DO want that A-rank/S-rank/PA-frag whatever.

That's my two cents. (wow that ended up being a rant of sorts)

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 09:25 PM
^ ha, typical non-force

u act like dont carry mates too.
unlike most nooby hunters, we carry mates incase we cant pull out resta in tyme, which yall should try doing once in awhile

and when we die, do we once complain? um....thinking.........no.
we dont expect you to save us, just like u shouldnt expect us to save you

the day a hunter actually uses a star atomizers.....lmao

most of the tyme, we'll try to heal, but hey, yall run across the screen, and expect us to run after you to heal you.

laughing my booty off! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 09:34 PM
I've done about 6 runs, and I gained an entire level of EXP... that's why I love. I was worried I wouldn't make 60 for this friday because I had been lazy, but I'll be getting there REALLY easily at this rate.

Plus, I spam my PAs, and they've leveled like mad, even got my crossbow to 11, finally. This is by far my favorite missions, and I always try for the map with all the dogs spawning. I stand in the middle waiting for them to spawn, then spam twin daggers. I don't even get hit, it's awesome!

THE JACKEL

Ryno
Jan 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-01-08 17:23, Rashiid wrote:

HA!

well when i'm in a party ..that is what i like to do is heal.. mostly my canes and rods are mostly reverser and resta except maybe one .. when i'm by myself i cast my other spells..

my resta is 26, reverser 30, gidiga 29, and foie 29 .. those are the only ones i mostly use if i'm with a party. .. my Gidiga and foie are high because thats from soloing

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 09:51 PM
^ see i cant do that

im on a mission to be 1 of the few forces with every spell past 21
since i luv em all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

not too far either! [juss look below!! in tyme....hehe]

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm leveling every single weapon PA, just spam one weapon til it runs out of PP, then go to another. I change my 6 weapon palette 3 times in one run through. Being a fighgunner, my last change is to all ranged weapons for the Jarbas. I've gained a lot of levels on all my weapons doing that. Granted not all to 21 yet, but still, I got my crossbow to 11, which was my main goal for the longest time it seems.

THE JACKEL

Hotashi
Jan 8, 2007, 10:37 PM
PA CHARGES CANNOT BE GIFT WRAPPED

My Grenades launcher goes T____________T

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 10:44 PM
On 2007-01-08 19:24, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I'm leveling every single weapon PA, just spam one weapon til it runs out of PP, then go to another. I change my 6 weapon palette 3 times in one run through. Being a fighgunner, my last change is to all ranged weapons for the Jarbas. I've gained a lot of levels on all my weapons doing that. Granted not all to 21 yet, but still, I got my crossbow to 11, which was my main goal for the longest time it seems.

THE JACKEL

ull never realize how hard it is to lvl a PA untill u go force.....i had a fighgunner lvl 56, once i got her PAs past 21 [puretty much all cept the axe] i grew bored [sold her seven A ranks, made 350k! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif] and came back to my force [used that 350k for her ish]

its way more challenging.

its more fun to watch hunters use PAs and cast awsome majic i think

nothing more competitive then forces comparing spells lol

Remedy
Jan 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Step 1: Gidiga things
Step 2: Gibarta things
Step 3: Heal people

This is how fTs do Lab :3

_Vyser_
Jan 8, 2007, 10:48 PM
heh, yup. So far this is my favorite mission (difficulty, exp, mp, music wise). Also, ice and earth weapons are your BEST friends in this mission, especally in the last block with 12-15 (guess on that) lvl 65 mini bosses in one big room!

Lastly, to all you CASTs, I IMPLORE you to use strum buster in this mission, it owns the last block (pfft to those who say it sucks after this)!

Tra
Jan 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
record 7 min lab S =)

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 10:57 PM
I prefer my flashy cool moves over those techs anyways. I tried being a force for awhile, hated it. I still have a few of the techs, but I learned enough to overwrite some of the other ones. After the update coming up, I'll prolly only keep resta/reverser in case I switch to wartecher.

THE JACKEL

Sexy_Raine
Jan 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
In lab, I prefer Radiga most of the time over Gidiga because I prefer fighting from a distance. Also don't waste your time with techs on Jarbas, instead use a bow with Ensei on it and try to burn them, much quicker to dodge a megid shot coming to you than using a tech. I the bees are so easy, they are great for lv'ing my Radiga,/Gidiga.

Ryno
Jan 14, 2007, 10:57 AM
since i'm a healing force ..now i have extra to do in .. resta, reverser, jellen, zalure, shifta, deband, etc... lol