PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help a confused n00b?

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 02:06 AM
Alright I'm a level 9 hunter...played a lot of PSO back in the day. I was on with my friend who's also level 9 and we could only find 2 missions that we could actually play. How do we get/find more missions?

Also, I just solo'd that first mask mission in the guardian's colony...did the whole thing. At the end it didn't seem like I got anything for completing it all...was there a point to that?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 8, 2007, 02:14 AM
You can try to get to other planets if you meet some of their requirements. Take the 4th floor and look to the left side of the area. There are 3 space ports to planets Parum, Moatoob, and Neudaiz.

Parum should be easiest for your level. So enter Parum and take the east side to start your mission at Mad Creatures C. You can probably double it easily with your partner. (I was able to take it alone at lvl1, so should be very easy for you.)

The point of the Story Mission was to give you NPC partner cards of the ones you have not aquired and also to further the story of the game. Some collectable items such as the Harisen Battle fan can only be found from the story mission as a drop from one of the Vul Brothers in the battle.

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 02:16 AM
Why do I need NPC partner cards? And should I do the other training mission in the guardians colony?

Kinako78
Jan 8, 2007, 02:20 AM
Well, if you want to play alone, you don't need them. But if you want partners to help you out, then yes, you need them. I never do a mission alone.

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 02:21 AM
My friend and I tried doing those missions together but it seemed like they were greyed out and we couldn't pick em...do we have to do em alone?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 8, 2007, 02:22 AM
Sometimes you might need support in the game, trust me. You will need a different variety of NPC partners since they each weild different weaponry.

If you do the Tutorial from your PM, you can aquire 1 NPC partner card IF you complete the whole tutorial.

When they are greyed out, that means that

1. You or one of your party member is not high level enough for that certain mission.
2. That mission has a set amount of players to accept. *For example, Story mission chapters 1-2 can only be done by 1 person alone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-07 23:25 ]</font>

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
So I just need to be a higher level to do other missions?

Thrash777
Jan 8, 2007, 10:02 AM
Lol. Everyone always seems to go to the Guardians desk first for missions...

That's not where the main missions are. You need to look for Flyer Bases, or on the Colony it's the LLT Platform on the 4th floor.

Flyer Bases:
Colony - 4th floor, at the back right, the departures for the other 3 planets are lined up on the left side
Parum - East District, big ramp
Neudaiz - over the bridge, take a right and it's on your left
Moatoob - take a right, then head straight forward to the big ramp

Low level stuff on the colony (Lv1-5), then Parum (Lv5-10), then Neudaiz (Lv10-15), then Moatoob (Lv15-20), then go back to Colony for B ranks, and just repeat that order the ideal level areas.

Of course, you can do what you want, but that's what's recommended, and you can only do the missions when you have the required level.

There ya go, simple!

Omega_Weltall
Jan 8, 2007, 10:38 AM
go to Parum, get to raffon field, do plains overlord, cancel mission after you get reward, do plains overlord again, repeat 3-5

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 01:04 PM
Haha why do I need to cancel the mission?

MayLee
Jan 8, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-01-08 10:04, Pelican wrote:
Haha why do I need to cancel the mission?

Because if you cancel the mission you wont get transported to another lobby to where you can't re-do the mission.

zanotam
Jan 8, 2007, 01:12 PM
so you don't go to next area. on uni 1 EVERYONE is doing plains overlord then cancelling and redoing it

Pelican
Jan 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
So I get my rank or whatever then I go through some menu option and quit?

MayLee
Jan 8, 2007, 01:17 PM
Yes. Make sure you get your Mission Points and stuff and don't Go through any doors. Just Abandon Mission.

Thrash777
Jan 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
...but that's what everyone else does; De Ragan runs, aaaaaall the time... dunno why, there are better missions for exp., meseta, mission points, drop rates etc...