PDA

View Full Version : Some more slots (for cosmetics) are needed, don't you think

Umi_Ryu
Jan 8, 2007, 06:13 AM
Sega shouldn't have made the Estee shop like it is. Accessories should be a fourth "cloth" slot.
As for lips colours, I think we should have to choose a colour and, unstead of applying the colour directly, it should add in your items a "Lipstick" consumable of the colour you choose (this way it would maybe not be as free as it is now through, maybe we would have to choose from a palette of a set amount of colors but whatever)
This way it would be nice to add some more make-up than just lipsticks, I am not fond of make-up, but for some occasions make-up makes it.

I know this have been already discussed a bit in another topic, but this kind of topic is always a good loss of time.

Remedy
Jan 8, 2007, 06:48 AM
I would actually like that - it's depressing that I have to choose between glasses and cat ears. =/

-Shimarisu-
Jan 8, 2007, 06:53 AM
On 2007-01-08 03:48, Remedy wrote:
I would actually like that - it's depressing that I have to choose between glasses and cat ears. =/

It's depressing that you want to choose between glasses and cat ears. =/

Remedy
Jan 8, 2007, 07:09 AM
God forbid I have an idea of how I want my character to look.

*reads poster's name*

Oh right, Shimarisu, carrying on.

Alisha
Jan 8, 2007, 07:10 AM
On 2007-01-08 03:53, -Shimarisu- wrote:

On 2007-01-08 03:48, Remedy wrote:

It's depressing that you want to choose between glasses and cat ears. =/

indeed

also what the hell are lesbian glasses? a friend of mine said my char has lesbian glasses...?

-Shimarisu-
Jan 8, 2007, 07:14 AM
^ I'm guessing the square shaped ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2007-01-08 04:09, Remedy wrote:
God forbid I have an idea of how I want my character to look.

*reads poster's name*

Oh right, Shimarisu, carrying on.

If I could, I would drop my fetish for glasses as it's one of the more disturbing Japanese moe fantasies.

If I suffered from both that and cat ears I'd have to remove myself from the genepool videogame fandom forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-01-08 04:15 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 8, 2007, 07:23 AM
ya, I think it would be pretty cool to have a head accessory as another item. .

Yuicihi
Jan 8, 2007, 07:38 AM
Meh. I'd like it, but I wouldn't cry if it didn't happen.

rvzero
Jan 8, 2007, 07:56 AM
Thats the way they should've made it.. T-T
then you would'nt have to scroll throught that friggin list and you could have different colored accessories.. (like the brown-white-blue bandana for girls... only one shirt that matches it...)

Xtian913
Jan 8, 2007, 11:26 AM
I just don't understand why glasses are tied to certain hairstyles anyway. No cool glasses for the my mohawked Newman. No fair. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Umi_Ryu
Jan 8, 2007, 11:34 AM
While, with an accesory slot, counting as cloth, you would have the accessory you want on the haircut you want and possibly 5 colors per accessories.
I don't understand why Sega made it like that ...

Kesena1Tsum1
Jan 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
Sega = Catholics. Their no fun ;-;

zanotam
Jan 8, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-01-08 08:38, Kesena1Tsum1 wrote:
Sega = Catholics. Their no fun ;-;

QFPT-quoted for partial truth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
Definitely understandable. Nail-polish would actually be a nice entry to the shop. My second character could make use of it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-08 09:30 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 8, 2007, 01:00 PM
You have got to be kidding me....complaining about the Estee shop??

SpishackCola
Jan 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
What Jafo said.

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
Aww. Come on. It's all in good fun. Besides, it's just suggestions on how to make it better. Once you start giving out options to accessorize, people want more.

MayLee
Jan 8, 2007, 01:08 PM
We want earings we want better colors we want to choose how many things to place on our bodies. Why can't I wear a hat and glasses at the same time?

They don't want me to look sexy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thrash777
Jan 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-01-08 09:30, Akaimizu wrote:
Nail-polish would actually be a nice entry to the shop.

Lol, they should just have a beauty, hair and nail salon for the whole lot!

Umi_Ryu
Jan 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-01-08 10:00, JAFO22000 wrote:
You have got to be kidding me....complaining about the Estee shop??

Gotta be kidding us too, complaining about complains ... I think it is a bit fuzzy, it is not complains what's more ... we are giving opinions about how the Estee could be better, meaning it is already good.
It is a bit of a rip-off of the "What clothes would you invent ?" thread but based on the accessories.

Kent
Jan 8, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I do agree that the different head accessories shouldn't be tied to hairstyles, and that having more than one head accessory on your character, as long as they don't interfere with each other, would be nice...

...Though as much as I like cats, I wouldn't have cat ears. Regardless, glasses ftw.

Banert
Jan 8, 2007, 06:07 PM
That would be awesome, there are tons of cool glasses, but I can't get them with the hairstyle I like.

Also, add more hairstyles, there needs to be more!

BloodDragoon
Jan 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
Make-up? >.>

So...

I could make my male newman into the prettiest girl on Guardian Colony? <.<

Umi_Ryu
Jan 9, 2007, 06:41 AM
Well ... make-up is not always all flashy and colourful, I personally prefer discret make-up.
Beside this ... men make-up ... why not, some guys use make-up without tring to be feminine, most actors use make-up, even before in theater make-up was used.
I don't know if some guys use make-up in casual life, but I would not be surprised.
Also, for characters that want to play characters like hm ... gothics or other fashion where men wear make-up it can be ok.

And for players that want to play guys like Makoto (from Enchanted Arms) it would be funny, but somehow ... frightening ...

Kent
Jan 9, 2007, 10:38 AM
Someone could totally make a PSU character of Heike Kagero.

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/2251/super20punchout20e205b5az4.png

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2007, 10:58 AM
Wow. Heike. Talk about an obscure reference. Still kind of funny, though. I thought the Makoto reference was funny, as well. But Makoto wouldn't feel right unless they put saxophones in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-09 07:59 ]</font>

XGalvatronX
Jan 9, 2007, 11:55 AM
Quick question:

Why do you guys call it the Estee shop? Is it because of the obvious connection between makeup and Estee Lauder? Who came up with that name for it?

Hotashi
Jan 9, 2007, 12:15 PM
I would like Mad Clown better. ;3...

CrabRangoon
Jan 9, 2007, 12:43 PM
I just think more-evil-looking-haircuts, capes (haha, yes), and silly totally useless (as in purses/backpacks for the girls, bandoleros/bullet belts for guys, etc) should be in there.I could believe that a lot of expanding (w/monthly or bimonthly updates foreseeable) in this area.

10ofDiamonds
Jan 9, 2007, 01:16 PM
All agree on the accesories slot, but lipstick and nail polish? Seriously? I think thats taking it a bit far...I'm not exactly sure how that whole 4th slot would work on some CAST head-types though...

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Well, technically, we already have lipstick of sorts. My 2nd character Mufonna actually has on blue, to match the outfit. (Well maybe it is a bit much to ask about different types, like how glossy it should look, etc.) I actually made Mufonna's blue lipstick a tad brighter than the Blue she matches, to simulate a bit of gloss. (light reflecting)

Nail polish, we'll I don't know. With some of the outfits and character builds already, it actually would be fitting.

I'm just glad Tynselle is the kind of tomboy that wouldn't bother with that stuff. I was able to get her pretty much perfect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-09 10:25 ]</font>

Umi_Ryu
Jan 9, 2007, 01:58 PM
Well, gloss will maybe be a bit hard to put for programers, maybe a bit more demanding than just another coloured spot (another make-up, like Nailpolish) causing trouble with lowers systems/connexions.

But more facial make up could, possibly lead also, to the theatralesque/clownesque face paints of PSO FOnewearls, and I would understand the need to go to the Estee for this kind of stuff, which is harder to set alone than make-up.

To XGalvatronX : I don't know why, I play japanese version and it is called Estee, and since a lot of people call it the Estee here, I did not searched if it was called another way on US/EU servers.

ElfKitty
Jan 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
Where's the plastic surgeon in this game?! =D

Uh yea, anyway ^_^ More options would be awesome, I like the idea of an extra slot just for stuff like that.

Umi_Ryu
Jan 9, 2007, 03:22 PM
Well plastic surgery could be an add if they decide to add new faces, because I guess few maxed Lv players, nor nearly maxed players, would accept to start a new character only to use a face they like better than their actual one.
But if not for that, I am not sure it is so needed to have the ability to change face, that would be rather strange, unless you are a cast.

Talking about casts, what they really need is more shell colors, why not "uniques" shell colors only purshaseable in Estee ? Things like Camo-shell or Zebra-shell and things like that, would add quiet a diversity amongs casts.

Jife_Jifremok
Jan 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
I can think of one possible reason all these options don't exist: It'd be a total bitch to load even six people with that many different options. (And if this isn't the reason for the options not being there? Then it's a clear case of Bad Sega, Bad!)

ElfKitty
Jan 9, 2007, 04:03 PM
Oooo cast shell colors, I like it!

Umi_Ryu
Jan 9, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-01-09 12:43, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I can think of one possible reason all these options don't exist: It'd be a total bitch to load even six people with that many different options. (And if this isn't the reason for the options not being there? Then it's a clear case of Bad Sega, Bad!)

Well, I though about that, but I don't know if some more "coloured spot" that would be nail polish or other make-up would be that much of a hassle even for lower systems and/or connexions. Would probably be something else for accessories.
Still, I don't have any knowledge about computers.

But, more shell colours and portable lips sticks would not harm the gameplay, it would just be a matter of adding new items. For accessories, I don't know, maybe having accessories bound to haircut make them less demanding ?
But in this case they could have made one haricut for each accessories, for not litmiting the accessories we can wear depending on the haircut. Maybe some would have little cliping problem with hat, but with glasses ?!

"But ... I am myopic ! I need glasses !!
- Sorry, but your haircut says the opposite ..."

XGalvatronX
Jan 10, 2007, 02:05 PM
Umi_Ryu: I didn't know it was called that on the Japanese side.

I actually work for Estee Lauder, and have been playing Phantasy Star since the Master System days, and never knew they called it that. I wonder if "estee" means makeover in japanese or something. Or maybe the Japanese associate anything with makeup as estee, kind of like when people used to say "Xerox me that document" instead of copy.

Pretty funny either way.

Fran
Jan 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
As far as I'm aware "adding things to the game" is not possible since the PS2 has no hard drive. So.... what is the point of this thread? (Unless I'm very misinformed.)

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2007, 02:21 PM
A talk about what would be nice to add to the Makeover shop. If it's possible or not, considered or otherwise, is not only in question. Just some fun constructive social talk. Maybe there will be a new disk released, in some future, with some client updates like certain other games. Maybe not.

Think social, not immediately utilitarian. It's just stuff we'd like to see and thoughts of what would be needed to add them.

Nayla
Jan 10, 2007, 05:19 PM
Oooh! I love these ideas!! I'd also love to see some more jewelry that isn't attached to clothes, like necklaces, bracelets, earrings... Wouldn't a Newman look great with their ears pierced? Some more tattoo options would be nice too.

And what about the Casts?! I was pretty dissapointed when I couldn't get my Cast's lips colored >.<