PDA

View Full Version : Changing a Cast's face from mecha to humanoid..?

vg_geek86
Jan 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
I've grown a little tired of my mecha styled cast, and wanted to expirement with the human faces, but is there even a place to do it? The first place I went to was the makeover shop, buts all's I could do was change the eye color, helmet, and body color.
Did I overlook something, or am I just shit outta luck?

panzer_unit
Jan 8, 2007, 11:19 AM
You're stuck. Pick a face-covering head unit I guess.

Genji
Jan 8, 2007, 11:20 AM
Nevermind :X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-01-08 08:21 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Jan 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
Well horse shit.
Bah, thnx for the quick replies.

Vyslain
Jan 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
Do they even have head parts other than armor? O_o
There might be some way to do it. Fulyen Curtz takes his helmet off around Chapter 10-11ish to reveal a humanoid face.

panzer_unit
Jan 8, 2007, 11:38 AM
The brain-globe head part is like the _opposite_ of armor. There's also the giant gun-head thing. You can't use head armor with a humanoid face, all in all I'm happier with the robot face and the helmet choices available, some look pretty good.

Gen2000
Jan 8, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sadly I too found out the hard way about 40 levels into my character that you were stuck if you went mecha or humanoid.

I guess I can understand why...bleh..just would have been nice to switch every now and then. I probably wouldn't hate the idea so much if most Cast/Caseal part options didn't suck ass (especially Caseals).

AzureBlaze
Jan 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
And came to the same annoying conclusion:
It isn't logical that you can't. The metal faces are just plating that should be TOTALLY swapable like the legs/arms/torsos you've already got. And the flesh-faces should be able to be plated over/removed ESPECIALLY if it happens in the game. The in-game face thing only makes the point worse. The whole point of CAST is that it looks awesome and has awesome 'styles' that the other races can't get...thats why you can't have cast in clothes vs. newmans in cast armor. They have to at least try to be unique.

The arguement against it would be that it would be 'too hard' to expose the sliders/color picker proportion thing AND all the new hairs/acc's for flesh in Estee shop, or the whole face/helmet range expose if you were going that way instead.

What you shouldn't be able to change is the proportions of the flesh face, if you're going to have one. Pick that, and you're stuck with it, but you should be able to expose it or plate over it at will.

Annoying Stuff:
What if they release new metalfaces that are AWESOME? But you picked a flesh face.
What if they release righteous new flesh accessories? But you picked metal.

The game is meant to be dynamic, but FUN because it is dynamic--as soon as you start tossing limits and "dead ends" around it turns choices into annoyingnesses.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2007, 02:30 PM
So its either humanoid or android? Wow. Glad I picked the face I wanted. Geez. I know with humanoid (what I chose) you can change hairstyles & such, in the Makeover Shop. I never even tried to change his face. LOL I just wish you could have masks for moods when you dont want to look at a human face, ya know? I miss the old SWAT RAmar faces...

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
Mechs are humanoid you know. You mean human-like faces.

OdinTyler
Jan 8, 2007, 02:38 PM
Correct. You cant get a truly human face, but, I got pretty close. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Still, I wish there were optional masks. Hell, Curtz is wearing a helmet. I thought that was his head! LOL

ShinMaruku
Jan 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
I though that was all of their heads too.. Silly Sega,,,