PDA

View Full Version : Convince me

Blue-Hawk
Jan 8, 2007, 09:30 PM
Why I should spend $10 a month to play my pc version online. I mean, if online mode is as pathetically EASY as extra mode is, why bother then? And if there's no PvP in it, not even a battle mode, why should I? Is there even a challenge mode like in PSO?

Please give me some VALID reasons.

DarkAeon
Jan 8, 2007, 09:32 PM
I can't tell you why you'd want to it's your decision, i would, and i am because it's fun and its something new, updates to come are going to make it shine.... eventually...

Itoshi
Jan 8, 2007, 09:33 PM
I can answer your Challenge mod question. On the 12t we're getting a uber nice HAGE mission. HAGE missions are like challenge mode. Its extremly hard and takes a lot of team work. Hope that will keep you playing.

Wash
Jan 8, 2007, 09:34 PM
It isn't as easy as Extra Mode.

By a long shot.

MayLee
Jan 8, 2007, 09:35 PM
Because while playing online you get to communicate and co-op with many people all around the world. This is nothing like the Offline mode because Most things has not came out in Online mode. They are slowly releasing things so it won't ruin the fun too fast.

Pentence
To debunk your own obscure vision of online mode being like extra,they are NOT the same.Extra mode IS much easier than online,online is challengeing.

ljkkjlcm9
LOL, it's a lot harder than extra mode even dreamed of being, and takes a whole lot longer to level, max PAs, and all that good stuff.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 09:36 PM
well for 1, online is 100% not easier then extra or any offline mode

meseta is a huge issue, and exp and class lvl-ing is harder

its much harder, but PC/Ps2 is hacked, so ur better off not paying

360 is still safe and will be for awhile, but hey its all on u

PJ
Jan 8, 2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah. If you go online thinking it'll be as easy as Extra Mode...

...Well, it'll be a fun lol atleast

Blue-Hawk
Jan 8, 2007, 09:43 PM
Well, like I said, I need something tough. Coming from a competative game such as Guild Wars and all (Having run 3 chars that have NO idea how to die)..... That's one reason I ask. Or will it be like a boring level grind as WoW is?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2007-01-08 18:44 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 8, 2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I dunno how hard Guild Wars is. Online is definately harder than Extra Mode, but it's certainly not gonna be "Break-your-controller-in-anguish," frustrating, not by a longshot. It's mostly fun fighting, and not a lot of too much thinking. Then again, I really haven't stepped out of the league of C-B Rank Missions. S Missions are probably hell first time through.

If you want really hard, PSU online isn't worth it. But if you want [subjective] super awesome fun, with some challenge, PSU is definately worth it.

MayLee
Jan 8, 2007, 09:46 PM
PM rasing is harder Online.

*Sigh* I'm so dedicated

Rashiid
Jan 8, 2007, 09:53 PM
Preach Brotha PJ, Preach! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-01-08 18:36, Rashiid wrote:
well for 1, online is 100% not easier then extra or any offline mode

meseta is a huge issue, and exp and class lvl-ing is harder

its much harder, but PC/Ps2 is hacked, so ur better off not paying

360 is still safe and will be for awhile, but hey its all on u

it always comes down to this huh...

PC/PS2 is not "hacked," there is just meseta duping and a screwy economy, but you can avoid it for the most part.

I play PC/PS2 servers and I love it. Only online game I have EVER payed for, and I think it's been worth it.

THE JACKEL

Ansatsu
Jan 8, 2007, 10:32 PM
It's worth it if you don't grind it and max out in a week. I took my time and I enjoy it more than any other game I've played online, if that means anything. Just find some reliable friends, and you'll love it. As for the challenge, it's way harder than Story/Extra mode.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 10:38 PM
Also don't take too much so you're like me, and grinding just before an update. I've been 55 for 2 weeks, started grinding yesterday(not even grinding much), and am almost 57.

THE JACKEL

ShadowDragon28
Jan 8, 2007, 10:48 PM
Extra Mode is like "Super Easy Mode."

Online it's more like missions' difficultly depending on your characters lvl are like
C-Rank= " Normal ", B-Rank= " hard ", A-Rank= " Very Hard" S-Rank= "Ultimate", and SS-Rank= "Insanity" most likley; in my view.

Offline Extra Mode will not have all the special S-Rank weapons, holiday rappies with special item drops, all-new clothes, Time-attack challenges i.e "HAGE" missions,all-new NPC via new storyline missions,

and extra mode doesn't have some interesting people you can make friends with , chat a bit with and then kill monsters in a team with.
~Just my two-cents

NinjaSalad
Jan 8, 2007, 11:04 PM
You can't hang around naked in a server, or trick noobies into thinking you earn all in game money via dancing when you play offline. Online rocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Flamingo99
Jan 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
I came here for the heck of it. I cancelled my subscription a while ago. It got really old for me (I did not spam dragon runs). Its a lot slower than Extra Mode. You'll get a week free to try out online mode if you do register. I say you give it a shot, you might like it more than i did.

SolRiver
Jan 9, 2007, 05:14 AM
As a highly experienced player in GW, I say...

In terms of PvE, PSU is alot more fun than GW. Feels alot less like grinding when playing the same mission more than once.

In terms of PvP, there are practically no game(MMO-like) out there that is at the state of GW's PvP.

In terms of difficulty, PSU's early leveling is next to retarded. The monsters are slower, weak and stupid. It get alot more challenging once it hit S rank and up. However, the time it take one to reach S rank and up, it take quite awhile; it nearly turn me off. There are some challenging missions around in early level, but typical population mentality avoid difficult missions, hence hard to get a party going. In a cooperative game, if you can't find party, might as well not play.

Boss fight in PSU > GW, any day. (I really wish GW make a better boss fight... abaddon wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either)

If you can farm for gold in GW, you can farm for Exp here. If you can't, then you can't. If you can a bit, PSU would be fine.

Thinking? There aren't much thinking in PSU at all. I memorized (by using them) about 1000 skills in GW, and made many many many builds with it that works, I don't have to do any of those in PSU.

If I get exhausted from playing GW, I come to PSU to take a break.

Skill effects... PSU > GW. I mentioned in GW forum about this before, they worked on it a bit in faction, yet not in nightfall... I wonder why. (churning earth look decent, while sandstorm just look like small dust clouds... as if that hurt)

Basically, I play PSU for everything that GW didn't have.

Whether you will have challenge or have fun, that will also depend on the class/race you choose on PSU.

also... OMG no WTB/LFG/WTS/GLF spams
a way better friend list system as well (display what your friend is doing so you can tell whether or not he/she got time to join you)
Joining party in mid mission!

Edit: almost forgot. Character customization on PSU is godly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-01-09 02:24 ]</font>

Thrash777
Jan 9, 2007, 09:24 AM
Online is the hardest (as in, lowest rewarding, highest pricing, slowest leveling) out of all the modes. Also, the community aspect of PSU is the best thing about it. It's something to experience at least once. However, if you are on the PC, the economy is pretty bad at the mo... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'd agree that Extra Mode is easier. Not necessarily because the mobs are weaker. They aren't. However, they do make *you* stronger, in there. Extra Mode, more of less, can be seen as a very accelerated single-player version of online(some things missing, some things added). You can blow through your first 20 levels in about 3-4 hours. The levels top at 100, though. It takes some time to get a character and all your Photon Arts, Bullets, Technics to max; but the total playtime for each character is more akin to an offline RPG. Don't expect to spend a couple of hundred hours just to get to level 45-50, and still have lots of stuff to raise like online.

There are some neat things in Extra mode, that isn't online yet. Some specialty items, armor attachments, and weapons. (And actually some of the legendary armor attachments are exactly what makes Extra Mode easier. There's even a funny HP Restore special drop that actually is very very powerful. It'll make much mid-range difficulty missions a complete doddle.)

Also, since Extra Mode doesn't have Expert classes, it does something a little different with the regular classes. Basically, the regular classes aren't the same as online classes so you'll still be able to use some technique with a Ranger or a Hunter. I guess, they kind of have a weapon capability, or two, similar to a minor Wartecher or a GunTecher (just because of the use of basic 1-handed wands), except that the stats are still an offline Hunter/Ranger stats.

Still, because of the fast level progression, you get to see a lot of what your character may be like, in only a fraction of the time. I use Extra mode as a launchbed for any online character I make. Since you basically can get a feel for whether you'll really like your character, within about 3 hours or so. (Which will simulate a quick way to know how your first 60+ hours of online gaming will be) I find it a very good test.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-09 06:58 ]</font>

Thrash777
Jan 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
Now that was a very good way of explaining it, Akaimizu! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2007, 10:19 AM
I do my best. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif