PDA

View Full Version : Help me chose my next armor?

CrabRangoon
Jan 9, 2007, 04:20 AM
So I'm a Lv43 Male Human WarTecher.
I've finally got the funds to buy a new armor featuring Head, Arm, AND Body unit capability.
The three armors I'm looking into are: Rabol Tero (good EVP), Te-Senba (good DFP), and Nafri Senba (all good).
I'm wondering which I should go with, as I have a means of obtaining both the 6* lines right now, but I wasn't sure whether I should be focused on getting high DEF or EVP out of an armor (I assumed DEF, since mine isn't so hot). I dont think the Nafri Senba is going to be very available to me, as I really need new armor sooner, rather than later, and I cant afford to wait until I've got funds for one, nor can I afford to buy all the materials to try and possibly fail synthing one myself (though it seems like a sweet armor).
I'd appreciate input or advice on this.
FWIW, I was planning on running with Mega/Knight, Mega/Wall (til I get Tero/Legs), and Sta/Force (Gi/Magic later?).
Looking forward to responses, as I was really stuck between R. Danga, R. Tero, and Te-Senba, but now that I can afford a R. Tero, R. Danga is out of the picture, and I cant narrow the decision any further myself.

Remedy
Jan 9, 2007, 04:22 AM
Nafri-senba is amazing. I <3 mine. :3

Also, your slots of choice should be Mega/Knight, Mega/Rainbow, and Sta/Force (or Me/Quick, if you think that you need it and can hunt one down).

Ether
Jan 9, 2007, 04:54 AM
The one with the highest % element that compliments the area you hunt in most

Dyssaan
Jan 9, 2007, 07:56 AM
Te-senba w/27% light ROCKS agata relics..

CrabRangoon
Jan 9, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I was really originally leaning towards Te-senba because of the light % and how addicted to Agata I am http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif only thing that kept me from it is I wasnt sure if it would hinder me towards dark enemies, i.e. I attack light based enemies w/dark weapons for extra damage = I am more succeptable to Megid attacks while wearing Te-Senba, thus keeping me from LL/FFF S-ranks for a while?
And yeah, I'd considered Mega/Rainbow, but I hadn't yet been convinced that an extra 8% was going to make much of a difference, as I'm in melee heat a lot more than dodging spells (which are super easy to get out of the way of), so I assumed pumping the DFP or EVP would be more worth-while. I was also hoping that, in similar form to PSO, they'd release more concentrated/stronger elemental buff units of each individual element in the future, but I havent seen anything on it yet.
Oh, yeah, Nafri Senba is awesome, I just happen to need armor, like, now (still using Stellaline T_T) so I can keep mixing it up in S-ranks without getting bashed so hard, I also havent had any luck finding one for sale, only the board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif if I found somebody friendly and trustworthy, I'd work my ass off to obtain most/all the materials and pay them a fair price to help me make it, as I have 0 faith in my 410 to create one successfully, and my 100% Armor PM wont be ready anytime soon.

ycavan
Jan 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
I was going to buy a te-senba, but that 27% light was also keeping me away, so I chose the Hoza Senba... not much worse... gives up the arm slot for an extra slot... will prolly still buy a te-senba and switch off between the two. lol. 'n Mega/Wall is your friend. +14 DFP/EVA is always a good thing 'cause some mob will always seem to get to you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PMB960
Jan 9, 2007, 01:06 PM
I depends on what you like. I you would rather take less damage over all get the Te-senba. But remember if an enemy does 0 damage you still get the status effect. If you want to get 0 damage and block status effects get the Rabol Tero. But for that you will take a bit more damage. It depends on your play style. Also remember that EVP blocking stops your PA although for a force this can be very good since more often than not it will let you double cast. It just depends on your play sytle. With my main I buy Yohmei armor since it helps boost my force in the areas he is weak in. With Ranulf, my Beast, I buy Tenora armor since it boosts EVP which is helpful for him since he has high DFP already.

Phetty
Jan 9, 2007, 01:51 PM
Wait until after the Update its only a couple days away and everyone will be selling thier old armor cheap, or you can cheap saving and get the Sori-Senba which has all slots. Oh and Mega / Rainbow does make a difference. I tested it myself against Mega / Wall.

Witchblade56
Jan 9, 2007, 01:56 PM
If you have the mats, boards and PM to accomplish this just make your own nafri's.

Nafri can be synthed in any element [which is really nice]. The main elements i would focus on would be fire light and dark [for starters]. I have a Sori so i dont need to worry about ice.

If you have the means then i think the above is appropriate. If you do not have the means then figure out what element you farm the most against. Do you do Linear line S more or will it be agata relics more?

Just my 0.02.

kevington
Jan 9, 2007, 01:58 PM
Anyone know if 8* armors will be for sale? I really want a Hiragi-Senba...

Witchblade56
Jan 9, 2007, 02:15 PM
I know that sori-senbas will be available from npcs for 360k. Ice element on them will be 11 or 12%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-01-09 11:16 ]</font>

Carbinne
Jan 10, 2007, 12:29 AM
I bought a 38% dark Cresline a while ago and it cuts damage from everything in LLS/FFFS down pretty good. Also found a 50% lightning Stellaline a long time back which is worth its weight in gold when Go Vahras in Dragon S pop everywhere.

The damage reduction given by a good percentage is very noticable and it is something you should think about if you find yourself consistantly farming certain areas. In some cases element armor just isn't as appropriate though, like in Mizuraki Defense where you have both fire and ice monsters.

Reiichi
Jan 10, 2007, 12:44 AM
Although tricky at times, I find armor swapping on Mizuraki Defense S to be quite valuable for melee.

Barta damage is reduced considerably with ice armor, and those raptors agreetas or whatever will likely not cause you to flinch at all when attacking them. Barta is what causes the most deaths on MD S, and a good ice armor can reduce damage down to like 100 or less.

Fire armor can prevent you from being knocked down by ollaka back kicks (if you have enough fire% and hp) along with worm spin attacks. Both incredibly annoying, and your hp can drop quickly in the thick of things.

The drawback is when both fire and ice monsters appear at the same time, then it's lol pick your poison.