PDA

View Full Version : PA's on the axe

urafatrodent
Jan 9, 2007, 04:39 PM
Just a question...

I had just recentlly bought an axe and I was wondering, does anyone know of the other PA's for the axe?

And if you have an axe now, any comments on the current PA?

Just asking for the sake of buying the current PA.

Thanks.

Wheatpenny
Jan 9, 2007, 04:41 PM
Ok will let ya know right now. The current Axe PA is mainly for crowd control. Does good damage but at max combo it is only 4 hits. The boon if the PA is that the hit at the start and the hit at the end do knockback.

The Axe PA that will be released on this friday will be your main method of Damage Dealing.

urafatrodent
Jan 9, 2007, 04:44 PM
Alright then, thank you for the reply.

BloodDragoon
Jan 9, 2007, 05:13 PM
Given how high the ATP is on Axes they don't really need alot of hits to deal damage.

Currently my Axe PA is at lv 13 and seems to level about as fast as my Fortefigher levels. -.-

-Ryuki-
Jan 9, 2007, 09:03 PM
Mine's 27.

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2007, 10:46 AM
Anyone have pics of the axe(s)? Im offline so I cant get it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Man, I wish I could be online. My Beast NEEDS his axe! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 10:50 AM
XD yah this axe PA is a pain in the butt, but it sure make some sweet numbers..cant wait to get it to 11 X3

OdinTyler
Jan 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
Well, if I EVER get online, I WILL max that PA...guaranteed! I mean CMON, "Axe" is IN his name...

Thrash777
Jan 11, 2007, 11:21 AM
My Axe is at 6 at the mo... it's slow...
All my other PA skills are over 11, Renkai Buyou=16, Rising Strike=21, Buten Shuren=21

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
XP even with 4 axes and draining the PA dry over and over again, its still taking a lot longer than i had hoped for >3 but that will just make the reward all the more sweeter

Arieta
Jan 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Well I have some hope for you guys. The current Axe PA sucks, we can all agree with that. The good news though is that the 2nd PA for axes is *much* better and only does knockback on the very last hit. It's also a multi hit PA unlike the current one (hitting more then one target =/= multi hit), so it'll level up faster and you won't be pissing off groups anymore trying to level up axe.

I hate running into some trying to level up their axe since they keep spamming the first attack over and over on anything that moves throwing mobs all over.

Neith
Jan 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
Anyone who thinks the current Axe PA sucks, I seriously don't know what you're expecting from it.

It's awesome damage, and great crowd control. The 2nd PA looks more damage orientated, but Anga Dugrega is by NO means bad.

It just takes so damned long to level.

BLACKR0SE
Jan 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
I went fortefighter to try out axe and it sucks ass.Im gonna try it again when I get a chance.I wanna try out the multi hit PA the laia uses.

pso123hrf
Jan 11, 2007, 06:20 PM
1 God Damn word...

Opinions

SuGaR sNaX

BloodDragoon
Jan 11, 2007, 06:49 PM
Something I've noticed after my axe PA went past lv 11 and got it's second hit is the second hit of the PA seems to average 150 or so more damage than the first. Does the 3rd hit have a damage increase as well?

PaladinRPG
Jan 12, 2007, 01:23 AM
Yes, I've also noticed the damage increase. I'll let you know if I ever manage to get it to 21. Slow... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DjDragoon
Jan 12, 2007, 02:26 AM
Unfortunately, being a Beast has retarded the process of me leveling up my axe. The damage is nice, however it's VERY hard to hit S rank enemies unless you are right behind them. Getting behind big baddies, such as Polavohas, is a good way to get a few good hits off with the 2 target spots and hitting it from behind. What surprises me is that the huge axe doesn't knock it over with the first attack. You would think it would make sense because the single saber will turn a Polavohra on its side easy with the first PA attack.

I suggest doing Sleeping Warriors on a lower difficulty to level axes for two reasons: 1. Enemies have lower evasion meaning more hits & 2. More PP regen cubes for when axes run out (and it happens quick). I like using axes, but the PA I think could have been done better. I know the 2nd PA will hit more times so I'm looking forward to that. Others will most likely have a better experience than I have with axes cuz of my low accurarcy (being a beast) so let me know how you are leveling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DjDragoon on 2007-01-11 23:29 ]</font>

Zhakel
Jan 12, 2007, 02:31 AM
I got the PA to 21 today, took forever, but I got it there.
And yes, like most PA's the 3rd combo hits the hardest.

As far as leveling up the PA...

The fastest way GUARANTEED to level it up is to do Valley of Carnage C. B2 has a photon recharger at the beginning and the block is small. Whenever ur axe runs out, run back, charge it and ONLY USE THE PA. This is much cheaper than getting multiple axes or even buying Photon Charges.

-Ryuki-
Jan 12, 2007, 02:59 AM
My axe is now lvl 29.

<3

Slickk
Jan 12, 2007, 03:05 AM
is axe better than claws?

XHunter
Jan 12, 2007, 03:15 AM
i just got my axe to lvl 30 earlier today......but just to let you know.....the 3rd part of the combo...does not do most dmg, it's actually the 2nd combo that deals the most dmg, it is mainly a crowd control.....but with a low lvl axe PA it's not a great crowd control....0's are probably gonna be 60% of your hits...until you get it past lvl 21.
Axe is definatly better then dual claws.....as for single claw it's debatable....it could actually go either way..

XHunter
Jan 12, 2007, 03:16 AM
i just got my axe to lvl 30 earlier today......but just to let you know.....the 3rd part of the combo...does not do most dmg, it's actually the 2nd combo that deals the most dmg, it is mainly a crowd control.....but with a low lvl axe PA it's not a great crowd control....0's are probably gonna be 60% of your hits...until you get it past lvl 21.
Axe is definatly better then dual claws.....as for single claw it's debatable....it could actually go either way..

-Ryuki-
Jan 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
Just remember.

I will cap the new Spear, Axe, and Single Claw PA before anyone.

Slickk
Jan 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
you double posted bro

-Ryuki-
Jan 12, 2007, 07:10 AM
Lvl 5 new PA for Axe. What now?