PDA

View Full Version : I wish there was a shop rating system.

Eliash
Jan 9, 2007, 11:14 PM
Be it personal or server-wide, but a shop rating system where you can vote that a shop is good (appears more frequently in searches) or a shop that is bad (hardly appears in searches). That would help out with 3/4 of the over pricing shops I encounter daily. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, we can dream can't we?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 10, 2007, 02:15 AM
Sure, so the trolls and jealous folk can rate down the good shops in favor of their own?

They greatly out number us, so this is a lost cause. We'd never get on the list, but the ones who shouldn't will.

At least as it is, you CAN find decent prices buried in the sea of inflation. Go this route and you'll never find them.

Inazuma
Jan 10, 2007, 02:33 AM
the jp ver suffers from the same problem. often i cannot ever seem to find the item i am looking for under npc price. its so sickening that i end up just buying from the npc to save time.

if sega patched the game so you cannot price an item over the npc price, that would solve it. another thing they could do is, let us blacklist a shop so it wont ever show up again.

desolant11
Jan 10, 2007, 02:48 AM
better shop item filters would be good. maybe even rank the results by price?

Skuda
Jan 10, 2007, 03:01 AM
Have a rating system similar to Maple Story's fame system would work well, I think. You get one vote a day, be it against or for someone, but there is a 1 month cooldown for the person you use it on. Therefore you wouldn't be able to constantly rate someone down every 24 hours.

Eliash
Jan 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well I was thinking more of a personal shop favorite list and blacklist...I.E. if you vote someone down only the searches you perform will they show up less if at all.

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 10:55 AM
Nah, I can see how it will go. People will just rank you to a 1 just to be mean and dumb.

Magician
Jan 10, 2007, 10:59 AM
A cleaner, more advanced store search would be better than a rating system.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 11:01 AM
On 2007-01-10 07:59, Magician wrote:
A cleaner, more advanced store search would be better than a rating system.

Quoted for fairly large portions of truth.

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:02 AM
What we need is like some sort of Messege board or chalkboard for your room so people can send you messeges and or opinions about your shop.

Thrash777
Jan 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
I wish you could search by price range!

Eliash
Jan 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
I agree with you Magician that an advanced store search would be better, but at this point I'd even take a rating system even though it's not as useful.

And MayLee if it is tied to the account and they rank you down to 1 it doesn't mean anything to you, only they would not be able to find your shop as easily. Or simply put, what they put as a rank only affects their searches. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Searching by price range would be included in an adavance search.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-10 08:05 ]</font>

vg_geek86
Jan 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
A rating system wouldnt be all that great, that'll just cause problems. Maybe when giving an item a price in your shop, your pm would tell you the npc price. There have been a few times Ive overpriced an item because i wasnt aware you could buy them at npc shops, and I just compared my prices to other shops.

Umberger
Jan 10, 2007, 11:26 AM
I wanna see a sales record.

I always go back in my shop and see a ton of meseta, but have no clue what someone bought...it'd help me figure out what's in demand.

_Deliverance_
Jan 10, 2007, 11:31 AM
It'd be best if you did a search for an item, and the list of shops came up with a price next to the name. Simple. Efficient.

PinkyBloodyArt
Jan 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
A list of prices nest to the shop name would be efficient and help make the market more competative. cheapest price up first would defently reduce prices if you wanted your stuff to sell

SuperRygar
Jan 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
no matter what system you come up with, someone will find a way to dephile it...damn your black hearts! a rating number system wouldnt work. the only thing that would come close is a review, where you write why its a good/bad shop, someone checks it out, and then approves or dismisses the review. but who the hell would want to waste time doing that? even if there was a list of dedicated users with good prices, not only would the items not last long. but you might as well make your shop description " Kill me Hackers, please? "

twysted
Jan 10, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-01-10 07:53, Eliash wrote:
Well I was thinking more of a personal shop favorite list and blacklist...I.E. if you vote someone down only the searches you perform will they show up less if at all.

yeah that would be cool

Reiichi
Jan 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
No see, the key is a PERSONAL favorite list.

YOU rate shops down like you sort your buddy cards. Anything ranked crap will show up last in the list. Anything ranked good will show up at the top when searching. And unranked shops will show up neutral, or maybe an option to search by unranked shops only. What you rank is different from what others rank as it'd be a personal one. Nothing to abuse here! Now if only Sega will get cracking!

SolomonGrundy
Jan 10, 2007, 05:13 PM
even better, if it dispaled the item in question with grind/elemental %s/price these are the things that affect armors, AND weapons

ycavan
Jan 10, 2007, 05:33 PM
I agree, SolomonGrundy! If the list could show in a popup window what the grind/element %/price for those items when you go over the user, it'd "fix" it for me right away! ( as well as list the npc price and which store(s) carry it in a static window )

as it is, I just go through the list with a general idea of how much the npc price is to see if the item(s) are fairly priced. If they are EXCELLENTLY priced, I just buy them right away.

but yeah, there are quite a few ppl who still want to prey on innocents... ie, "te-senba" w/ typical 27% white for over 300K? when the shop sells it for 95K?