PDA

View Full Version : Cinema fuzzies and PS3 test too!

BigGoldRobot
Jan 10, 2007, 01:00 AM
Finally bought PSU today and figured I would give it a go on a PS3.

As usual the PS3 displayed the game jaggy and fuzzed out like every other PS1/2 title put in it. Sony needs to update that firmware! Every mode played fine. Online was possible also but I still havent got my guardians liscense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Also I noticed that some of the in game cinematics were fuzzy. I thought it was just the PS3s "fully backwards compatible" issues but it looked the same in the PS2. Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyways up to chapter 6 in story, Ethans a doofus, voiceacting seems rushed and is cheesy, but its still entertaining and fun to play. See everyone online in a few!

PlayNSkillz
Jan 10, 2007, 01:21 AM
Well....what do you expect from a PS3?

Just playing. Don't want to start anything, I respect your console choice. But yeah, the voice acting is pretty crappy. Ethan is just about the biggest loser in videogame history up to this point. By the end of the story, you'll want to kill Ethan. When you do the first Guardians mission online, you'll be glad that at least you'll have a chance to strike your saber against Ethan.

Mattardo
Jan 10, 2007, 01:24 AM
What I want to know is if online slowdown and lagging is lessened on the PS3. Let us know, please. As for Ethan and how blurry he is, well, the second I started offline mode and realized that I had to deal with a character that would have no impact whatsoever on my online play, I failed to care how jaggy he was or how badly the dialogue was. But I digress, I really wanna know if online is better. I wait patiently.

desolant11
Jan 10, 2007, 02:44 AM
you might want to check your video output options. some ps2/1 games you should have better luck if you take if off hdmi. after i adjusted mine it was alot better looking on ps3 than it was on ps2. also, weapon lag, enemy spawn lag and battle slowdown have gone bye bye for the most part.

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2007, 07:20 AM
Well I cna tell ya the online works damn good for this baby and it kinda depneds on your setting becuase it's mostly the same for the most part. I'm getting online with this on my PS3 as wireless rocks.

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 07:31 AM
Ethan is a pansy, but not as big of a Pansy Hyuga is..

In the begining of story mission when he's on his Futuristic skateboard and going "Whooohohoooo!!" His mouth wasn't even moving..=

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 08:39 AM
Not to mention he doesn't even carry his own mates. Always bumming restas off of maidens and such...what a n00b.

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
Her's not a noob he's a pimp making women tend to him. You cna't call the man who ahnded Magshi his ass a pansy. A dumbass at frist, yes but pansy? Nigga please!(Sho'nuff!)

Esufer
Jan 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-01-10 04:31, MayLee wrote:

In the begining of story mission when he's on his Futuristic skateboard and going "Whooohohoooo!!" His mouth wasn't even moving..=

MAYBE HE WAS THINKING IT!

Fran
Jan 10, 2007, 01:43 PM
As far as I can tell, no version except the 360 version has Anti Aliasing, which causes the corners and edges of objects to be smooth. This probably explains the graphical issues you had.

Sychosis
Jan 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:00, ShinMaruku wrote:
Her's not a noob he's a pimp making women tend to him. You cna't call the man who ahnded Magshi his ass a pansy. A dumbass at frist, yes but pansy? Nigga please!(Sho'nuff!)

Ethan? A pimp? I think you've confused Ethan and Hyuga...

By the end, Ethan gets a hug, while Hyuga is busy trying to pimp out the Pedolicious Lumia (undoubtedly to Nav). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Pengfishh
Jan 10, 2007, 02:28 PM
An RPG with a real mac daddy piemp would be fantastic.

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:51, Sychosis wrote:

Ethan? A pimp? I think you've confused Ethan and Hyuga...

By the end, Ethan gets a hug, while Hyuga is busy trying to pimp out the Pedolicious Lumia (undoubtedly to Nav). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ethan knows better than to be a pedo. That and appeanrlty women ask much of him. Espeically that beastess bout she wanted to feel his muscles..... <_<
Ethan has a pimp aura approaching Nightcrawler. (Nightcrawler seduces women without trying... I guess because mystique is a whore and his father had maaaannnny kids)

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:40, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-01-10 04:31, MayLee wrote:

MAYBE HE WAS THINKING IT!

You think Whooohoo? O.O

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 03:27 PM

I never knew guys who get ran over are pimps. o.O

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2007, 07:20 PM
They get run over by cops. XP

BigGoldRobot
Jan 10, 2007, 08:31 PM
It might just have been the TV the PS3 was hooked up to: an LG 32LX1D running in 720p. I tried it on the kitchen tv (some 15" RCA tube) and didnt notice any fuzzy cinemas as I had with the HD display. Also I took desolant11's advice and reset the settings to 420p through composite cables but it didnt clear up the jaggy problem for any games I tried including PSU.

I also tried out online today through PS3 and PS2 for comparison. My Wi-Fi connection, according to the PS3 was at 57%. There was no noticible difference in speed or lag so whoever asked theres the answer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Btw:
-online w/ psu = good
-brutal pimp deaths by cars = bad XP

Otis_Kat
Jan 10, 2007, 09:03 PM
Ethan is always a dumb ass

"Hay guyz! Lets go in the networkz!"

PSU looks worse on PS3, but the trade off is much less slowdown so it's plausible.

ShinMaruku
Jan 10, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-01-10 17:31, BigGoldRobot wrote:
It might just have been the TV the PS3 was hooked up to: an LG 32LX1D running in 720p. I tried it on the kitchen tv (some 15" RCA tube) and didnt notice any fuzzy cinemas as I had with the HD display. Also I took desolant11's advice and reset the settings to 420p through composite cables but it didnt clear up the jaggy problem for any games I tried including PSU.

I also tried out online today through PS3 and PS2 for comparison. My Wi-Fi connection, according to the PS3 was at 57%. There was no noticible difference in speed or lag so whoever asked theres the answer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Btw:
-online w/ psu = good
-brutal pimp deaths by cars = bad XP

Told you guy's it works fine! Those poor pimps...

Serephim
Jan 10, 2007, 10:50 PM
Its pretty obvious at this point the PS3 is overrated.

I just find it hillarious that sony decided to lower the shipping for the console to hype it, and the company that they deemed "Not a threat at all" completely ass raped them in sales.

And not only because it's cheeper. The sales are much farther than that.

I just hope companies like Sonic Team and Square Enix realize that the PS3 wont be as sucessful as the PS2 did. If Sonic Team dumps the ps2 version of PSU for the ps3, im never buying another sonic game as long as i live.

ShinMaruku
Jan 11, 2007, 12:19 AM
Such hate for the PS3 is staggering when Nitendo did the same bout they gonna have millions at launch and they did push 3 mil at the end of the year. PS3's are in stores now they acutally did push that mil at the end of the year (Which was a flip form 3 million but did much better than expected)
SE alone will move them number mainly becuase you cna now ride Shiva... XD
Poor haters and pimps

Divanti
Jan 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
On 2007-01-09 22:21, PlayNSkillz wrote:
Well....what do you expect from a PS3?

Just playing. Don't want to start anything, I respect your console choice. But yeah, the voice acting is pretty crappy. Ethan is just about the biggest loser in videogame history up to this point. By the end of the story, you'll want to kill Ethan. When you do the first Guardians mission online, you'll be glad that at least you'll have a chance to strike your saber against Ethan.

Oh come on, he's got some great lines:

"Oh man, I shouldn't have called him a perv."

And have you listened to the ending dialogue where they talk about Network Mode? It's fairly funny stuff. I think he just sounds like a dope in the cutscenes because they tried to match the voice with the movement of the onscreen character's lips or something. He sounds all right when he's just talking and you can't see him.

Karen "In Network Mode, people get to make their OWN characters."

Ethan "So what happens to me?"

Hyuga "You become a SUB-character, like me."

Ethan "WHAT?! No way! That's ridiculous, I'm the HERO remember?"

...or something to that effect...

Remedy
Jan 11, 2007, 03:04 AM
Divanti, you should really spoiler tag that.

ShagsterP
Jan 12, 2007, 02:16 AM
On 2007-01-10 19:50, Serephim wrote:
Its pretty obvious at this point the PS3 is overrated.

I just find it hillarious that sony decided to lower the shipping for the console to hype it, and the company that they deemed "Not a threat at all" completely ass raped them in sales.

And not only because it's cheeper. The sales are much farther than that.

I just hope companies like Sonic Team and Square Enix realize that the PS3 wont be as sucessful as the PS2 did. If Sonic Team dumps the ps2 version of PSU for the ps3, im never buying another sonic game as long as i live.

You realize that 360 sales were well below every other system for the Christmas season, correct? Hell, the PS2 sold more units in 2006 than the 360. That system's major accomplishment for the year was mainly in software (namely Gears of War). Fanboys nowadays. Yeesh.

Anyway, nobody seems to realize that using either the PS2 or PS3 to play on an HDTV won't make any difference. Your horrible quality comes from the fact that HDTVs make anything in 480i/p look awful. That's just how they are, unless you have a massive up-converter. Just because your set can handle 720p resolution doesn't mean that's what you're seeing when playing PSU. The game itself wasn't designed for anything other than 480. My set can do every resolution up to 1080p, and it automatically goes to 480p for PSU. So for those testing out the graphical differences between the two systems, first take your TV into account.

You need to use an SDTV to see what the real difference looks like. And yes, the PS3 adds the same jaggedness as with any other backwards compatible game on the system currently, just so anybody knows. I've tested it with both systems on a 36" SDTV.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShagsterP on 2007-01-11 23:20 ]</font>