PDA

View Full Version : Wii could help.

desolant11
Jan 10, 2007, 02:54 AM
everyone knows sonic team loves nintendo. why not release this game for the wii and let them share the ps2/3, pc servers to help boost population. i'm recruiting as many people as i can. with 5 so far, i hope everyone here will try and match that.

CrabRangoon
Jan 10, 2007, 03:27 AM
While I totally love my Wii, and I've turned 90% of Wii nay-sayers onto it, if not into complete fans, I cant say this is a game I'd want to play on it. First, I would have to use ANY of the Wii controllers for this game (and I have all the controllers available so far, the Classic is the closest fit for this game, but it's too small to be comfortable for anybody with hands my size T_T ). I wouldnt want to use a GCN controller either, as it doesnt feel right for this game, which is partly why I never got any PSO on GCN.. 2nd, I wouldn't be able to stand dumbing down my graphics from nearly HD (unless it really is HD on 360, which I cant confirm, though we've got full 1080i HDMI cables and/or component cables running on our home theater) to anything less. Also, it seems as though everything that is available on all platforms, Wii included, have different control schemes - special to Wii. Good examples are how my friends love playing that X-Men Legends style Marvel game or fighting games on PS2/3 and 360, but due to "silly" motions that must be performed to do projectile moves, etc...

Proff
Jan 10, 2007, 04:18 AM
It's fine with me. The more the merrier. If I don't like the Wii version, and I probably wouldn't, I can just continue playing on the version I have. I mean really, how can one possibly complain about another option? It's not like anything's taken away here.

Carbinne
Jan 10, 2007, 04:40 AM
Screw Wii version I demand a DS version.

onami
Jan 10, 2007, 05:09 AM
If they made the Wii version share the same servers as the PS2/PC.. I doubt many people would actually stay after the first month. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Syntheticka
Jan 10, 2007, 05:39 AM
I had no issue playing PSO on the GCN, but I just think it would be really bizarre to play it on the Wii.

Rizen
Jan 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
*uses Wii-mote for handgun* Pew pew pew *shakes wii-chuck for saber* HAA!!!! *goes crazy and tosses Wii-mote into TV* DAMMIT!

foamcup
Jan 10, 2007, 12:04 PM
On 2007-01-10 08:24, Rizen wrote:
*uses Wii-mote for handgun* Pew pew pew *shakes wii-chuck for saber* HAA!!!! *goes crazy and tosses Wii-mote into TV* DAMMIT!

Ha, ha, use the strap!

Anyway, it would have to be played with GC controller, and even then I don't know if it has enough buttons.

Merumeru
Jan 10, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-01-10 01:40, Carbinne wrote:
Screw Wii version I demand a DS version.

XD i would love that, pixels and all

XP whatever gives me less slowdown (damn silent PS2 >P)

Rizen
Jan 10, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-01-10 09:04, foamcup wrote:
Ha, ha, use the strap!

Anyway, it would have to be played with GC controller, and even then I don't know if it has enough buttons.

I always use the strap...at least when playing Wii Sports. Tennis ftw! When I am playing Zelda Im using laying in my bed ready to go to sleep. Its quite nice that I dont have to sit up to play...just lay back and swing/point the wii-mote and shake the wii-chuck while my hand lays on the bed (pure lazy way to play the Wii XD).

It didnt, but I think that there is enough buttons for the Wii. Theres A, B, C, Z, 1, 2, +, -, then the D-pad. *shrugs* It would be nice to see something work out in the future for the Wii and Phantasy Star, even if its not universe.

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
Played on PS2 for the most part I only use Triangle, Square, Circle, X, R1, L1, R3, Start...

Wii controller has enough buttons. Especially when you take into consideration that if it used the nunchuck, the D pad on the Wii-mote itself could act as 4 more buttons for gameplay like they do in twilight princess...

Cracka_J
Jan 10, 2007, 01:57 PM
I still am wiiless. They are still sold out in my area, while the ugly ginormous ps3's are stacking up on store shelves. According to gamestop, they are getting 3 in per week. I missed 2 shipments at 2 different stores this week, both saying they sold the 3 units on arrival. If you got one, consider yourself lucky...most people are still hunting.

Ryoki
Jan 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
I want a freakin Wii! I preordered LOZTP a year ago, switched it to wii, and preorder a wii 1 and 1/2 weeks before it launched. They say they have no preorders. Goddamnit all.

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
I got real lucky where I'm at... <3 my mom for getting me one and her connections XD.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a PSU version Wii, and I think it would fit.

A and B for normal and PA attack, Z for 2nd hand weilding, + or - for main menu, analog for main menu access, ect.

Or they can go the shaking way XD but me thinks that would get tiredsome with the Wii lol.

PMB960
Jan 10, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-01-10 11:20, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Or they can go the shaking way XD but me thinks that would get tiredsome with the Wii lol.

It is impossible to get tired from playing the Wii. That is like saying you got tired from moving a feather up and down a couple inches for an hour.

vg_geek86
Jan 10, 2007, 03:29 PM
An hour? Thats the problem, most people play for ALOT longer then an hour...

Magitek_X
Jan 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
How would PAs work with the wiimote?

PMB960
Jan 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-01-10 12:29, vg_geek86 wrote:
An hour? Thats the problem, most people play for ALOT longer then an hour...

you could play for 10 hours. If people really are having trouble and getting tired using it they must be really real really out of shape. It isn't like to are swinging 20 pound weights around.This thing weights nothing.

ycavan
Jan 10, 2007, 06:02 PM
The wii mote could be used to a decent potential... use the analog controller to move around and the Z button change into sniper mode, where you would aim via the wii mote.

slashing down, in combat, would set off the down button attack
slashing right, in combat, would set off the right button attack

I think it'd be pretty fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif especially using the wii mote's mic to talk to ppl in your party.

KyokoHunter
Jan 10, 2007, 06:07 PM
It'd be interesting to see some sort of PS on the Wii, but I have a hunch that developing it would be more difficult than its worth what with the drop in visual power and the different control system. Maybe Sonic Team will do a standalone game for PS that makes the most of what makes the Wii so different?

I played PSO I&II on the Gamecube and the controller seemed perfectly fine after I got used to it after swapping from the Dreamcast.

By the way, I've got a Wii and I love it, despite its graphical shortcomings. It really encourages people to get up and play which is great!

Night_Star
Jan 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
ok, so you guys have good points with certain things, except you seem to all bag on the Wii's graphics, you gotta remember, PSU was designed with PS2 graphics in mind, and the Wii is about double the power of the xbox, so I think the Wii could more than handle PSU, especially with the controller. Like, if they give it an option to change control scheme between using the Wii-mote and a normal controller, for when your hands get tired from holding it up and swinging it (for the lazy people)
I think it would be an awesome idea, just give keyboard support through USB.
Also, there is no internal mic in the controller... dunno if you saw it or not, but IGN took apart the Wii-mote and found no mic. (Unless its a 2way speaker and they said nothing of the sort)

PMB960
Jan 10, 2007, 08:32 PM
The possiblities for such a game are very good but you need to remember who we are talking about here. This is ST and they have shown that they don't like to put effort into things. If another company puts the game on the Wii then great maybe they will do a good job. But ST has shown time and time again that they just don't like to try or put any effort in. The only thing that might be good is that they seem to put a little more effort in on Nintendo systems but still they don't try very hard.

ravenpaw
Jan 11, 2007, 10:04 PM
I wish they made PSU Wii.

Disastorm
Jan 11, 2007, 10:51 PM
if they made a psu version linked to the current servers for the wii, and used special wii controls, i would definitely get it. Aiming pistols would also be alot easier on the wii.
Also, I don't think the graphics would have to be dumbed too far down for the wii. PSU doesnt really have ultimate graphics or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disastorm on 2007-01-11 19:52 ]</font>

SipherX05
Feb 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
Dude I would so buy this again if it came out on the Wii. That means my bros could play online with me too (we all live apart and own a Wii). What I liked about PSO on the GC was the multiplayer mode so being able to play PSU with them would rock!

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
Nintendo isn't good at making online games yet, plus they want friend codes on all their online games, therefore making something like this, impossible. Until they change that, it'll never happen. It honestly wouldn't be ST that would be the problem.

THE JACKEL

Samaine
Feb 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
wii!!! hehe!!

Seira7
Feb 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
I just got my tax return back, and I am totally going to buy a wii. I am looking forward to popping PSO+ in and seeing it in hi-res, that and crystal chronicles. I think it would be cool if there was PSU on wii, I know I am definitely going to play PSO+ on mine (I play offline and legit...yea Im geeky like that)

Neith
Feb 19, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-01-10 11:26, PMB960 wrote:
It is impossible to get tired from playing the Wii. That is like saying you got tired from moving a feather up and down a couple inches for an hour.

You clearly haven't played Wii Sports for more than 10 minutes then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Seriously, after a while, you get tired playing it.

As for PSU, I'd only even consider playing it in 2 situations:
1) If Wiimote was used, no stupid gimmicks please.
2) Alternatively, use the GC controller.

I just don't think it'd suit the Wii very well.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 19, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-02-19 17:47, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-01-10 11:26, PMB960 wrote:

You clearly haven't played Wii Sports for more than 10 minutes then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Seriously, after a while, you get tired playing it.

As for PSU, I'd only even consider playing it in 2 situations:
1) If Wiimote was used, no stupid gimmicks please.
2) Alternatively, use the GC controller.

I just don't think it'd suit the Wii very well.

and you obviously use full arm motions when little wrist flicks can do everything in the game. You probably stand up to play too, while I've played sitting, and even lieing on the floor well below the level of the sensor bar and the TV. Seriously, small wrist movements can do everything.

If it goes to the Wii, I can see it controlling similar to Marvel UA... Basically, swing to attack, hold A swing for PA, hit B to switch to the secondary(if available) and then swing to attack. If it's a rod, well you hit B and A to do the other attack. SO swing, A and swing, B and swing, A B and swing. Covers all 4 attacks right there, easily. And that still leaves the C and Z buttons open, the + - buttons open, the control pad open and the 1,2 buttons open. Obviously the joystick would move.

THE JACKEL

omegapirate2k
Feb 20, 2007, 03:18 AM
It WOULD be pretty interesting, swinging around your saber or casting a spell and shooting in first person would be really cool on wii, but if it was released for wii they'd have to make massive changes to the game engine, I think, so the odds of such a title being put on shared servers, not to mention being released at all is quite slim.