PDA

View Full Version : If you're account is inactive, will your characters be delet

TheOneHero
Jan 10, 2007, 10:53 PM
Title says all.

Except...

Thanks for the help. :3

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 10, 2007, 10:54 PM
if inactive for something like 3 months SEGA reserves the right to erase your characters

THE JACKEL

Kaydin
Jan 10, 2007, 10:55 PM
I'm assuming that if your still paying Sega for the account, then they won't do anything to your account. I doubt they'd risk a lawsuit.

If you cancel your subscription, then your characters will be deleted.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 10, 2007, 11:01 PM
inactive means not paying or using, if you're paying, the account is active, if you're not paying, it is inactive, as in actived or not.

THE JACKEL

MayLee
Jan 10, 2007, 11:02 PM
If you cancel your subscription and the account is just sitting for about 3 months they do..

I really need to contact them

TheOneHero
Jan 10, 2007, 11:04 PM
Holy crap that is so retarded. ._.

And thanks for the fast replies! :3

Fure_Rakune
Jan 10, 2007, 11:19 PM
Not really, three months is one hell of a leave of absense from an mmorpg.
And using retarded as an adjective to describe a situation is well... retarded.

Eliash
Jan 10, 2007, 11:21 PM
I've known people to leave MMORPGs for well over a year to return, however, the company has never erased any character data no matter how long the account has been inactive. (some well over 4+ years)

EDIT: But yea, most people don't leave for over a month at a time usually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-01-10 20:22 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 10, 2007, 11:34 PM
I know I've taken breaks from FFXI for a few months at a time. Though in my case I keep my acct paid during the leave because while I don't really play it I still keep things like crafts and gardening going and I like to check up on people on my Friendlist. PSU would probably be the same way. For the most part I don't actually cancel subscriptions unless I know I will not be coming back.

SabZero
Jan 11, 2007, 09:51 AM
Just write to the customer support, and ask! What's so hard about it?!

Ask them nicely to backup your data, because you are coming back. If they value customers, they'll give you an answer (maybe even a positive one). If not, well, they lose customers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

foamcup
Jan 11, 2007, 09:55 AM
WTF! Sega valuing their North American or European customers? THAT'S CRAZY TALK!

necman
Jan 11, 2007, 10:29 AM
If you keep cancelling and returning it cost them money so they dont really make anything off you so you won't be much of a valued customer