PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like you're all having fun with PSU!

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 11:19 AM
I just gotta ask, though... are you guys having a lot of fun playing? Right now I'm about in the worst mood ever because my PS2 died and won't turn back on >_<

Even worse, to top that, my friend finally gets to go online on PSU! His uncle has internet AND a credit card, so that ticked me off so bad...

Good news though; I might be able to go to his uncles on the weekend and play online *gasp* I'll probably be walking around Universe 15 as tyler2beta or something.

I wish I had a PS2 Slim and PSU right about now... *sigh* my Wii has me hooked right now, so it's not all bad here.

Magician
Jan 11, 2007, 11:33 AM
Fun? Oh yes; 420+hrs in and not once have I said "meh" to myself.

Merumeru
Jan 11, 2007, 11:35 AM
aww just save up some cash for a new one, a used one is not that expensive X3 around $80?

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-01-11 08:35, Merumeru wrote:
aww just save up some cash for a new one, a used one is not that expensive X3 around $80?

I'm in Canada XD There are some cheap used ones, but I only have like thirty bucks to my name >_<

On 2007-01-11 08:33, Magician wrote:
Fun? Oh yes; 420+hrs in and not once have I said "meh" to myself.

Wow, not a single "meh"? That's a record XD

Akaimizu
Jan 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
Wow. 420 hrs. I'm still around the 180-190 mark. Still, I have a lot to look forward to, so I guess I'll be in the same boat when I reach 420. Even my character is more fun to play than my old ones, so I can see it.

It's definitely addicting and some of the combat in this game is one-of-a-kind. I've been playing the Ranger type in this game, and some wonder what's so fun about shooting guns around in it. Well, with Twin Gunnies, you can travel around and cowboy up. On the other hand, the fact you can run and strafe while firing can take on another feel.

Imagine if you do the same with a top down view, and you see the monsters, how they move, and how they chuck techniques. You've effectively turned the game into an overhead shooter. But that's just one aspect alone. The cooperative party play is where it really shines and can be quite in-depth, depending on your currently chosen class and roles you play in a party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-11 08:46 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
I work daily, so I played PSU with a moderate amount of time. So it was never a boring grind or power level up. I soloed & played with friends. Everything is paced nicely for me, so it's been very enjoyable since day 2.

I logged some 350+ hrs with my 2 characters, & there are still many things I have yet to touch (shop, PM, S ranks, etc), so I'd never worry about lack of content.

Callous
Jan 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
I just quit! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 11:53 AM
I have played PSU, mind you XD
Just wish my PS2 wouldn't have crapped out on me >_<

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 11:56 AM
OK, sorry for double post, but in real life I'm tripping out right now. I can hear Animal Crossing: Wild World, yet my DS is beside me, shut and off, and I'm home alone 0.o

twysted
Jan 11, 2007, 12:16 PM
yeah i love it i have about 165 hrs into it... as someone else said i work all day so i only play about 4-5 hours a night if that much..

good luck on getting a ps2 ...

Sychosis
Jan 11, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-01-11 08:56, tyler2zelda wrote:
OK, sorry for double post, but in real life I'm tripping out right now. I can hear Animal Crossing: Wild World, yet my DS is beside me, shut and off, and I'm home alone 0.o

It's possessed obviously. Sell it and buy a new PS2.

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 12:28 PM
I sold my first one to buy it. The one that crapped out was one that I got with a little bit of xmas money >_>

Tahldon
Jan 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
So.. Um..

um..

Um..

>.> <.< Anyone else have 700 hrs.....?

*forfieted life upon purchasing the game*

tyler2zelda
Jan 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
I have 1217 hours logged in AC:WW XD

Divanti
Jan 11, 2007, 01:20 PM
Damn, no wonder I'm so far behind... I've had the game since like a week after launch and have only been able to rack up like 65 hours online. My job takes me out of town frequently for a day or two at a time, and sometimes when I DO get home it's only for a mere twelve hours. Just enough time to eat, sleep, and take care of any pressing matters. It doesn't leave me much play time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I've probably played story and extra mode more because I bought a copy of the PS2 version so I can at least play that when I'm out of town but it's just not the same...

PaladinRPG
Jan 11, 2007, 01:41 PM
470 hours here. Still going strong. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif